Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Amarante said:

Simply not good enough. The first rule of engineering is if you broke something you go back to a previous state before it was broken. Between examples, between PKMs videos and analysis we have not had a proper fix. If they have been aware of this before beta release and to this very day not been fixed then someone needs to be held accountable and the consumers needs to apologize to that we have bought a broken product that they are unable to fix. 

You can not call yourself a simulation of football when strikers are two narrow, they are not involved in the build-up, AMC and CM can\t produce a through-ball when the opportunity arises. When every play is being channeled down the wings even when you force the play through the middle. It is damn frustrating!  And not because a couple 1000s of people are playing ignorant to these issues means it\s okay or it\s not a big deal! 

Fifa damn AI vs AI provides more realistic football than what's happening at the current moment. 

We buy a game to enjoy it and have fun playing it. We know there will be headaches along the way but we must ensure that the foundation and base is solid. This is not so the foundation and base of 19  isn\t solid. This is akin to  FPS game where the physics are off. 

I am a young FM player, i use FM to cope with depression and this moment i have to be ignoring and using workarounds to get the best out of my CM, I have all but abandoned using a playmaker in AMC and set up my playmakers in CM to just act as transition players and let my attacking fullbacks and wingers do the creating. Yes my CM provides assist but they are direct passes over the top of the defense. 

I as a  programmer understands the difficulty in these process but this is unacceptable. 

I mean, that's literally not how it works. It's not even a broken product. They are actually under no obligations to update the game, at all.

I get people might be frustrated, but making demands that people are held accountable, for doing nothing wrong, isn't going to achieve a thing. But we've done this whole dance before in the beta thread.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I mean, that's literally not how it works. It's not even a broken product. They are actually under no obligations to update the game, at all.

I get people might be frustrated, but making demands that people are held accountable, for doing nothing wrong, isn't going to achieve a thing. But we've done this whole dance before in the beta thread.

Come on don\t give me that crap! CM are not passing forwards! AMC are not passing forward! No through balls exist in central areas. Strikers are too narrow they are not involved in build-up play. Inside forwards are way too narrow! The entire damn play in the final third is damn well broken! Show where the hell in real life football you have any of this! 

Don\t call yourself a damn football simulation then if you can\t produce football 101 through damn ball! 

19 minutes ago, Amarante said:

AMC are not passing forward! No through balls exist in central areas.

Why even post this when it is simply not true. Who is this helping? 

My save, I play with attacking wingbacks and a No.10 behind the strikers. 

13 goals both scored and conceded via through balls. In my case, 9 of the 13 from through balls from my AMC.  Season only just over halfway through.  Yes, I've scored a lot more from crosses but as I said, I play with attacking wingbacks.  Would I like to see these stats a bit closer? Possibly. But to say it doesn't exist does no-one any favours. 

The match engine isn't perfect, and there's still a few things that can be tweaked, but it's now in the best state since the original beta release IMO.  

thruballs.PNG

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

13 goals both scored and conceded via through balls. In my case, 9 of the 13 from through balls from my AMC.  Season only just over halfway through.  Yes, I've scored a lot more from crosses but as I said, I play with attacking wingbacks.  Would I like to see these stats a bit closer? Possibly. But to say it doesn't exist does no-one any favours. 

The match engine isn't perfect, and there's still a few things that can be tweaked, but it's now in the best state since the original beta release IMO.  

thruballs.PNG

This doesn't really help either though, does it?

You've posted some stats, and whilst I agree the post you're replying to isn't wholly constructive, why not post some highlights of how the through balls have come about?, or share some of your tactical knowledge to help the guy out?

9 minutes ago, macca72 said:

With the absolute greatest of respect, notwithstanding the rest of your post is totally fair - I can't help but think it doesn't help that when on occasion people get heated, simply saying "It's not broken we've heard it all before" could be taken as antagonistic.

Just saying there are issues with the game, we're sorry and I promise we're trying our best, we all want the same thing might not be a bad tactic every now and again.

No disrespect meant with this - just some empathy every so often goes a long way.

From what I've read over the years there are just as many people who blindly defend the game, as there are those who are too aggressive and attack it.

There's no excuse for being rude, and there was no way he was antagonised. Slightly aside, but it makes me thing of the whole reaction to Sterling getting abused, and this need to lash out when feeling the least bit slighted (even when there has been no slight). It's not up to the person to change their normal behaviour to stop someone from grossly overreacting with rudeness. At some point, people really need to think before they post. Maybe it's because its a faceless forum, but the speed at which people go from 0-100 is remarkable. 

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There's no excuse for being rude, and there was no way he was antagonised. Slightly aside, but it makes me thing of the whole reaction to Sterling getting abused, and this need to lash out when feeling the least bit slighted (even when there has been no slight). It's not up to the person to change their normal behaviour to stop someone from grossly overreacting with rudeness. Maybe it's because its a faceless forum, but the speed at which people go from 0-100 is remarkable. 

It's an emotive subject, people are attached in a funny way to this game.

My post was an observation and a suggestion, I agree there's no place for rudeness and I also understand that there's a lot of these posts that you guys reply to, I just get why people get annoyed if they feel they are being dismissed.

:thup:

Edited by macca72

23 minutos atrás, macca72 disse:

With the absolute greatest of respect, notwithstanding the rest of your post is totally fair - I can't help but think it doesn't help that when on occasion people get heated, simply saying "It's not broken we've heard it all before" could be taken as antagonistic.

Just saying there are issues with the game, we're sorry and I promise we're trying our best, we all want the same thing might not be a bad tactic every now and again.

No disrespect meant with this - just some empathy every so often goes a long way.

From what I've read over the years there are just as many people who blindly defend the game, as there are those who are too aggressive and attack it.

They say the game is not broken, for the simple reason that is not broken.

Each player is entitled to their opinion, to like it, dislike it, love it or hate it - as well as going to the detail of saying that a given player in a given position should have moved the ball in a certain direction, I bet real managers would love their players to also do exactly what's on their minds - but saying the game is broken is completely false, saying there are many issues is completely false. There are ways to evolve it, make it better, like with every app and game and program in the world, but that by no means say it's broken. It's not!

1 hour ago, Amarante said:

No through balls exist in central areas

35 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

thruballs.PNG

I would have to agree with you Dagenham Dave, I have a man utd save going at the moment, and as you can see have scored plenty from through balls, and a lot of our goals come from the central area.

Also the majority of our goals conceded are from central area's and through balls.

assists.thumb.png.1a311e3f4abad04e2a94d0ae4d14a70b.png

8 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I would have to agree with you Dagenham Dave, I have a man utd save going at the moment, and as you can see have scored plenty from through balls, and a lot of our goals come from the central area.

Also the majority of our goals conceded are from central area's and through balls.

What are your tactics and formation? is that with the current patch added or the original? Cause I gotta say playing with a 3 man midfield you're forcing your CM's to playing the balls where as a formation with a CAM they don't nearly get enough attention as they should being any role of attacking mid or adv playmaker. Nor do they make those "killer balls". It'll be intriguing how you're managing them to do so in midfield. The only reason I can think of is playing direct once given into the midfield and having wingers on attack with a striker of poaching/adv forward or complete forward.  

14 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

It looks a lot like my team's stats including the very suspect 0  for long balls scored/conceded, while long balls OTT have actually been a very common type of chances/goals scored and conceded by my team. I think those might be counted as through balls but to me they really aren't. Of course just my personal experience, yours might be different. Numbers not always reliable btw, according to those stats I've scored about 30 overhead kick goals (which I really didn't, already raised as a bug weeks ago), eye test equally important and in my experience it says very few through balls (at least on 19.1.5, I've only just downloaded 19.2).

3 horas atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Make sure you're plugged in (assuming you're using a laptop), power settings are set to high/maximum etc, then before you launch delete your cache and preferences as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r615/

That'll reset your star rating back to what it should be.

worked

8 ore fa, sedge11 ha scritto:

I've quite the same stats, but stats doesn't tell you that all the central play are in a counter-attack situation. 

As for long-shot: all my long shot are barely outside area.

That's before the patch.

After, i get 4 through ball (1 goal) in normal game situation and some very long shot (1goal) when i ask for them (before patch, i never see a very long shot)

5 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

It is enough to just go any random match day and watch the goals only in 10-20 consecutive matches to see how broken this ME is in terms of attacking movement in the opponent 1/3 of the field. Just plain awful. I am sorry, but I find it unbelievable how SI can call this the most balanced ME yet. What kind of criteria/parameter should one use to call this a balanced ME?

As an outsider, what I observe in the last several years is that SI is getting bolder every year in terms of pulling the plug on an unfinished product. Several years ago when I was still putting my time in testing the game, at least they were fighting till the end / cut-off date to improve the ME. Then they stopped updating ME for the third patch. Now this. I feel sorry for all those hardcore fans who spent so much time testing the beta and uploading all those pkm's. Nobody has a right to insult the SI employees of course. However, those guys have every right to be extremely frustrated with the process. The least I would expect from SI would be to keep trying until Christmas break. Personally I would not be shocked at this point if SI will decided that this is it for the FM19 ME, and roll on to FM20. Seems like they don't even feel bad any more.

Lack of competition mate. Competition is good, look at Intel vs AMD.

8 hours ago, BigV said:

What are your tactics and formation? is that with the current patch added or the original? Cause I gotta say playing with a 3 man midfield you're forcing your CM's to playing the balls where as a formation with a CAM they don't nearly get enough attention as they should being any role of attacking mid or adv playmaker. Nor do they make those "killer balls". It'll be intriguing how you're managing them to do so in midfield. The only reason I can think of is playing direct once given into the midfield and having wingers on attack with a striker of poaching/adv forward or complete forward.  

I play 2 formations. One for the weaker teams and one for the big games.

tactic2.thumb.png.0ec9e37bf53721486b49d219d2283345.png1759536147_tactic1.thumb.png.03e8d2ca790b44b9ef7e5988c30400f3.png

I don't play direct, I have shorter passing and work the ball into the box on, and I don't generally see too many long balls. I have Rashford as an adv forward, but its usually Lukaku as a target man.

I have only been playing this save for a few days so been on quite an up to date ME, plus I got quite a few games played last night after the latest patch.

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

Lack of competition mate. 

If there is a lack of competition, that's hardly SI's fault, is it? There's tons of footballl management sims cropping up nowadays, not one even comes remotely close to producing the type of simulation SI offers. Might be an idea to take a few minutes to try and work out why that is. We'll wait. 

if you think the feedback is bad on this forum, you haven't seen german/french/italian forums! i didnt buy fm19 and really happy with that, if you dont like the game (and where its heading) just dont buy it and play the older games with transfer updates... not rocket science! i used to post a lot more and get 'angry' and realised it makes no difference... so why bother? YOLO :)

Edited by penza

These through ball goals stats being posted, are they on the current patch?

In the last 50 league games, I've scored 5 & conceded 1 via through balls, this was in the beta & now the current ME 

On the last ME I could score a fair few with the ball over the top 

10 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

thruballs.PNG

Could you count the through balls that are given from a central position on the pitch preferably on half of your opponent ?

Of course through balls are being played and counted. Your picture however is misleading because it doesn't show from where the through ball pass was played. Many of us betatesters have shown that most through balls are being given from the wings or from the back in a counter attack, over the top of the defense and hardly ever any from central positions.

Lack of centerplay and attacking movement really is an issue in this and previous ME's and SI has confirmed this in mutiple BETA bug threads. 

Edited by Mensell76

Just me who thinks a graphic change could resolve the through ball issue?

If the lofted through ball was changed to an on the ground through ball, it would probably make people a bit happier based on what they were seeing.

Not sure if that's realistic, or whether it's same in the updated ME.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, macca72 said:

Just to clarify the entire statement I posted is taken from our house rules. That specific rule was created in 2013 in response to what was happening on these forums at that time.

I would suggest the aspect you quoted is now more out of date - the ‘climate’ now is significantly better than it was then. However the principle still applies whereby developers are having to defend themselves and the game rather than engage in conversation beneficial for progression. 

We do feel this version of FM is the best we’ve ever put out. We’re not claiming the game is perfect and we do always try to listen to anyone who takes the time to post here - however please bear in mind we all have areas of work which fall outside of these forums so can’t be here 24/7.

We understand sometimes members of the community get upset and frustrated, but taking it out on others (either in defending or attacking them game) just isn’t helpful.

Nobody from SI has said the game can’t be improved and we are always working on it. The fact we always release updates for our games shows that once a title is released we’ll always try to continue and support it.

We are absolutely trying our best, but some aspects of the game aren’t quick to improve and require significant development time. 

14 hours ago, Bigpole said:

any changes you've noticed? For example this bug that you can't see player position on squad screen is fixed?

I'm afraid I didn't have much time yesterday evening and that was the only thing I noticed in terms of editor changes. Here's hoping that issue got fixed too :thup:

2 minutes ago, Mons said:

I'm afraid I didn't have much time yesterday evening and that was the only thing I noticed in terms of editor changes. Here's hoping that issue got fixed too :thup:

was about to ask where's the tick option for compressed files - now automatically saves as compressed.

2 horas atrás, FlorianAlbert9 disse:

I've quite the same stats, but stats doesn't tell you that all the central play are in a counter-attack situation. 

This was my experience in 19.1. Loads of long through balls from deep and a few shorter ones when in transition in a quick counter, but absolutely none ever against an organized defence. Obviously it's always much easier to play a through ball when there's the space to run into, but teams in real life do attempt it against organized defences and in 19.1 they weren't even attempted.

57 minutos atrás, RandomGuy. disse:

Just me who thinks a graphic change could resolve the through ball issue?

If the lofted through ball was changed to an on the ground through ball, it would probably make people a bit happier based on what they were seeing.

Nah, ball height clearly isn't just graphical.

I find a lot of the posts about bad ME are not backed up with any data or evidence - bit ridiculous. Only thing I've come across which I believe probably needs to be looked at is corners. Haven't played 19.2 ME yet but will do tonight hopefully.

1 minute ago, Vicz said:

I find a lot of the posts about bad ME are not backed up with any data or evidence - bit ridiculous. Only thing I've come across which I believe probably needs to be looked at is corners. Haven't played 19.2 ME yet but will do tonight hopefully.

most of complaints like no forward passing, lack of throughballs, lack of movement in final third are acknowledged issues. 

1 minute ago, Vicz said:

Yes they have been backed up by data and evidence. A lot of players have dedicated a lot of their free time to help SI identify issues within the ME. You can check the ME bugs forum for that evidence. 

The majority of that bad feedback is because the released 19.2 ME is the same as it was in the public beta with the issues  still present and probably not going to be fixed until the March update.

5 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Yes they have been backed up by data and evidence. A lot of players have dedicated a lot of their free time to help SI identify issues within the ME. You can check the ME bugs forum for that evidence. 

The majority of that bad feedback is because the released 19.2 ME is the same as it was in the public beta with the issues  still present and probably not going to be fixed until the March update.

Alright out of curiosity how many through balls do you expect to see in a game?

10 minutes ago, andu1 said:

As with any beta, it was completely optional, and there was no guarantee of all issues being sorted, because that kind of thing is simply impossible to guarantee. That has been, and is always the case.  While their help is appreciated, updates are not always immediate. You enter a beta because you want to help, not because you expect something in return. It's why I've got a lot of time and respect for those on the private beta who don't get named, but have been working incredibly hard for months, and will continue to upto and even after any final release. 

20 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Re read what I posted. I said "a lot of the posts". I have no doubt there are some very informative posts on the situation. That said, I have not experienced these issues and I can (and I have) posted data to show I am getting many through ball assists. 

I like it.

Everything seems to be working how I want it too. I'm playing at a reasonably ***** level and I've started to notice some reasonably ***** play which I didn't see before, from both sides, for the first time. I watch on comprehensive every match and I see good, bad, and just-didn't-come-off-but-was-attempted, crosses, long shots, through balls, etc.

Can't speak for the AMC strata issues because I've never seen the sense in using it. If I want a winger or midfielder to run into space then I'm going to drop him back to M r/l/c and give him space to run into. If I'm having bother against a packed defence or getting drilled then I tweak a bit on some TIs or - if I have too because it's a pretty tedious process - some PIs. Sometimes they come off and sometimes they don't, but I give the orders and it looks in game like they've listened and I can't really ask for more than that.

Interesting after reading this and the beta forum the past month or so - watching the Spurs game last night and noticed a lot of central play being pushed wide because of strong defensive play and the goals and best chances coming predominantly from counter attacking balls over the top against the high line. Maybe the Champions League is broken too :)

6 minutes ago, Vicz said:

Re read what I posted. I said "a lot of the posts". I have no doubt there are some very informative posts on the situation. That said, I have not experienced these issues and I can (and I have) posted data to show I am getting many through ball assists. 

Where pal? Had a quick look & couldn't see any? Were they on ME 19.2?

8 hours ago, Mitja said:

most of complaints like no forward passing, lack of throughballs, lack of movement in final third are acknowledged issues. 

Precisely. 

Next to that a bug report has been created by SI on the poor turning and ball control of players, in comparison to fm18, preventing them to turn fully open and give a central through ball more easily. 

All in all SI acknowledged issues in the public beta that combined together restrict attacking and creative play.  

SI nevertheless feels this ME is the best it has ever put out and that of course is its right. SI will attempt to correct issues but also said some of them were going to be for the long term. 

Many of the public betatesters think differently on the greatness of this ME based on countless hours of providing pkm's and analysis. And some of us advised against releasing this ME because we feared it would lead to more unhappy gamers. 

I am not about to go down the road of frustration again. I did want to provide the right context and information for the gamers who were not involved in the public beta. It might prove helpful in understanding some of the criticism on the ME here.

Edited by Mensell76

15 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The thread's only been closed until we update the public beta. We want to encourage people to post any comments or bugs in the right areas from this latest update so the relevant developers can see them. 

When we have updated code ready to test in the public beta as I said in that thread, we'll re-open the thread and let people know. 

Hi Neil, could you tell us if there is plans to do at hot fix for the latest patch you have just released and if so will it before Xmas you think?