Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrators

And the full game is out now! No changelists, just the full unadulterated Football Manager experience. 

The full announcement can be found below:

As we always say please do keep any feedback constructive and if you do find any issues with the game at all, please take the time to raise them via our Bugs Forum.

We very much hope you enjoy! 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, holidaysong said:

Game not updating in steam for me... Getting an error saying "missing file privileges".

Restarting steam isn't doing anything. Any ideas?

Update went fine here. Exited FM and the update immediately started downloading in Steam.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Ruh Roh:

Any way to load old .fmf files in  the 2019 editor? They're not showing up for me.

Load it into the FM 2018 editor and export it. Then you can load the dbc files into the Fm 2019 editor.

2 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Why is , when i start a new Career , still only 1st and 2nd German div available ? Am i doing smth wrong ? I've downloaded the update...

its there when you go to pick team later, 

Edited by Spedding

2 minutes ago, 91427 said:

Selecting 3 strikers or three AMCs still leads to them all standing on top of each other in certain situations. Submitted the issue to the bug forum a couple days ago but got no reply, is it worth sending another one?

The game has literally been out 2 minutes

Just now, 91427 said:

I'm aware, I submitted the report for the beta problem but it hasn't been fixed for final release. What's wrong about that?

I am just saying, how can you test it properly in this short space of time? There has been another update, perhaps it was resolved?

Although, please go ahead and report as a bug if you still see this as an issue as they will look into it further

Looks like I'll have to recreate my New Zealand lower league structure as I can't load the exported DBC file (as recommend above) using the new editor. So I guess it'll be a couple of days before I start playing properly. At least I can have the editors running side by side to copy everything across. 

It's 8am over here and I'm very tempted to stay home today. But, funnily enough, my company has its annual software release today too, so I don't particularly want to miss out on the free food and beer. 

Decisions, decisions. 

Edited by DementedHammer

1 minute ago, bboy said:

I am just saying, how can you test it properly in this short space of time? There has been another update, perhaps it was resolved?

Although, please go ahead and report as a bug if you still see this as an issue as they will look into it further

I just booted up a save that had a game the next day to test once I'd downloaded the full game. Its an obvious issue so it didn't take long to notice

Edited by 91427

12 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Load it into the FM 2018 editor and export it. Then you can load the dbc files into the Fm 2019 editor.

3 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

Looks like I'll have to recreate my New Zealand lower league structure as I can't load the exported DBC file (as recommend above) using the new editor. So I guess it'll be a couple of days before I start playing properly. At least I can have the editors running side by side to copy everything across. Maybe I'll take another look to see if I can parse the xml somehow to make it work. 

It's 8am over here and I'm very tempted to stay home today. But, funnily enough, my company has its annual software release today too, so I don't particularly want to miss out on the free food and beer. 

Decisions, decisions. 

I'm having problems when the FM18 files are saved compressed as dbc, but when they're saved uncompressed as xml (iirc that's under settings in FM18 editor) it imports fine.

Edited by Ruh Roh

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, 91427 said:

Selecting 3 strikers or three AMCs still leads to them all standing on top of each other in certain situations. Submitted the issue to the bug forum a couple days ago but got no reply, is it worth sending another one?

It's something that will get picked up. Whilst we'd have loved to fix every single issue raised we only have so many coders and so much time. Appreciate the fact you've raised it. Feel free to bump your thread (all the Pre-Release Beta forums can now be found within the Bugs forum sections). 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Ruh Roh:

I'm having problems when the FM18 files are saved compressed as dbc, but when they're saved uncompressed as xml (iirc that's under settings) it imports fine.

Does it not work if you use "import"?

1 minute ago, Amarante said:

So the new feature isn't third divison. 

Neil Brock said on the other thread that it's not the third division, I've looked and can't see any other leagues that are now licensed so god knows what this feature is

2 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

... It's 8am over here and I'm very tempted to stay home today. But, funnily enough, my company has its annual software release today too, so I don't particularly want to miss out on the free food and beer. 

Decisions, decisions. 

Free food and beer wins for me 😎

Just now, DementedHammer said:

I guess I could install FM on my compute stick and play FM at work while consuming the free food and beer! 

WIN.

Also i heard you need to open it in 18 editor first export it then open in 19 Editor

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DementedHammer:

It didn't for me. I'm now trying to figure out how to save the files uncompressed. 

Exporting it uncompressed gives you a xml file.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Neil Brock said on the other thread that it's not the third division, I've looked and can't see any other leagues that are now licensed so god knows what this feature is

That's not quite what I said, but as Miles said we can't announce anything until Friday. 

I've found one minor bug - it is not possible to use the FM19 pre game editor if the FM18 editor is running (and vice versa) the editor never launches. Is it perhaps using the same UUID or similar, so failing to launch as it incorrectly detects that an instance is already running? 

Edited by DementedHammer
Typo

14 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

That's not quite what I said, but as Miles said we can't announce anything until Friday. 

I took it as you implied it wasn't,my bad.

Edited by bigmattb28