Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, thejay said:

Great , so I can maybe start to play again next week 

i dunno how there aren't more complaints as someone who has been on these forums 12 years and on the game longer i cant take the tactics/match engine seriously enough to even consider a long term save.

54 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

BUT I do have a gripe about the far post headers, far too many are just straight at keeper

Agreed. One of the biggest ME improvements in Fm18 was the number of goals and chances from knock-downs in the box, either from corners or from open play. Haven't seen one so far this year.

36 minutes ago, warlock said:

Agreed. One of the biggest ME improvements in Fm18 was the number of goals and chances from knock-downs in the box, either from corners or from open play. Haven't seen one so far this year.

Just had a knock-back from open play, in match following my post, I have had a couple from corners, but I would be expecting at least half to be headed back across danger area but in game I'd say 90% are no more than a headed backpass, 9% reasonable efforts on goal, some go in some don't (fine with this bit) and 1% are headed down/back to the danger area, your right it was something very good from 18.

43 minutes ago, warlock said:

Im seeing a lot of own goals and headers from free kicks in the far post.. and when shots goes straight to the hands of the GK and goes in.. damm even if my team scored it im angry 

Why can someone just sit and test the ME and see 10-20 games and see the problems that we are seeing ? 

Edited by GOODNAME

44 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Im seeing a lot of own goals and headers from free kicks in the far post.. and when shots goes straight to the hands of the GK and goes in.. damm even if my team scored it im angry 

Why can someone just sit and test the ME and see 10-20 games and see the problems that we are seeing ? 

While i am 3 saves in, over 300 hours played  and have yet to see any of what you are talking about. 

4 hours ago, Domathon said:

i dunno how there aren't more complaints 

Because, as per usual on here, the level of hyperbole about any perceived issue is through the roof, and people convince themselves it's worse than it actually is. If the match engine was in such an unplayable state, there wouldn't be over 60,000 people playing it at any given time, and there wouldn't be countless YT videos and Twitch streams of people playing it. None of these things would be happening. 

As it is, they are. 

The match engine needs a bit of fine tuning as it always does at this point in the game's lifecycle. They're working on it, and there should be an update soon. Right now, I've got three main saves on the go, and I've never once felt the need to stop playing any of them. 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Domathon:

i dunno how there aren't more complaints as someone who has been on these forums 12 years and on the game longer i cant take the tactics/match engine seriously enough to even consider a long term save.

There were much more complaints but  moderators deleted half of the post.

Apparently negative feedback about the game is no feedback 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, thejay said:

Only a handful of posts have been deleted in this thread, only when they've derailed conversation completely or been abusive. We don't hide or delete posts if we don't agree with them. 

All we ask is that any criticism is at least constructive. We don't think that's a huge amount to ask for. 

16 minutes ago, thejay said:

Would there be an entire section of this forum dedicated to issues with the game if they wanted folk to ignore them?

There's a difference between people reporting bugs with the ME, and folk who come in here and just gurn about how utterly dreadful the game is, day in, day out.

Only one approach will help anyone.

I criticized the game a few pages back... I'm now in the middle of my first season with Roma and I can say its a different game now, after my tactic got 100% fluid I've seen soem through ball to my strikers, 1-2, and a few attacking movement... Some things have to be improoved like pressing, two defenders in the same guy, crossing, cards and sent offs... But I can easily say, the game is not that bad how I said before.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb RandomGuy.:

Would there be an entire section of this forum dedicated to issues with the game if they wanted folk to ignore them?

There's a difference between people reporting bugs with the ME, and folk who come in here and just gurn about how utterly dreadful the game is, day in, day out.

Only one approach will help anyone.

Bugs  need to be specific. 

It's not easy for the player to figure out the complex issues what exactly is wrong with the match engine so it can be put in a neatly bug report, but several people attempted this anyway. 

But why is it not feedback and therefore should not be in this thread if you want to talk about how bad the game is?

Because that's also feedback 

21 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I criticized the game a few pages back... I'm now in the middle of my first season with Roma and I can say its a different game now, after my tactic got 100% fluid I've seen soem through ball to my strikers, 1-2, and a few attacking movement... Some things have to be improoved like pressing, two defenders in the same guy, crossing, cards and sent offs... But I can easily say, the game is not that bad how I said before.

I don't think anything in ME has changed, though in the half dozen games I played last night my team's crossing seemed to improve, may well just be coincidence  

26 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

wide forwards staying wider too?

8 minutes ago, thejay said:

Bugs  need to be specific. 

It's not easy for the player to figure out the complex issues what exactly is wrong with the match engine so it can be put in a neatly bug report, but several people attempted this anyway. 

But why is it not feedback and therefore should not be in this thread if you want to talk about how bad the game is?

Because that's also feedback 

You said Mods delete negative posts, I've pointed out there's a bugs forum.

Some posts get deleted on this section, most are from the same people, who are in this thread, every day, of every year, with the same complaints, yet never report anything as a bug for investigation. So people with genuine negative feedback end up getting lost amongst posts of people who have "cried wolf" once too often. These same people generally resort to abuse when they're called out on clogging the thread up in this manner.

Can you see why some posts get deleted yet?

vor 10 Minuten schrieb RandomGuy.:

You said Mods delete negative posts, I've pointed out there's a bugs forum.

Some posts get deleted on this section, most are from the same people, who are in this thread, every day, of every year, with the same complaints, yet never report anything as a bug for investigation. So people with genuine negative feedback end up getting lost amongst posts of people who have "cried wolf" once too often. These same people generally resort to abuse when they're called out on clogging the thread up in this manner.

Can you see why some posts get deleted yet?

No because it's not the same every year by the same people, this version has very specific issues with player movement which wasn't there to the same extent last year. 

Acutally many people seem to be in agreement, also many are new posters 

I barely post in these forums for example but felt the need because of how disappointing the state of the match engine is this year. 

38 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I don't think anything in ME has changed, though in the half dozen games I played last night my team's crossing seemed to improve, may well just be coincidence  

Yeah, I dont see any changes in ME, but now my team is 100% fluid in my tactic and things work better. The same problems still in the game like I said.

32 minutes ago, Mitja said:

wide forwards staying wider too?

Strikers yeah, IF are playing better.

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Only a handful of posts have been deleted in this thread, only when they've derailed conversation completely or been abusive. We don't hide or delete posts if we don't agree with them. 

All we ask is that any criticism is at least constructive. We don't think that's a huge amount to ask for. 

I agree that some of the comments derailed conversation and at a certain point were not at all constructive. 

However quite a few posts that took a dismissive or even degrading tone towards the people with negative feedback and/or observations were kept online while reactions on those posts without one offensive word in it (unless the observation on a double standard or hypocrisy is offensive these days) were deleted.

These forums are of course part of your house and we have to obey to your rules. I would however appreciate it if offensive posts against people with negative feedback are also seen as unconstructive and derailing and then delt with in the same manner.

Edited by Mensell76
Spelling

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Mensell76:

I agree that some of the comments derailed conversation and at a certain point where not at all constructive. 

However quite a few posts that took a dismissive or even degrading tone towards the people with negative feedback or observations were kept online while reactions on that without one offensive word in it (unless the observation on a double standard or hypocrisy is offensive these days) were deleted.

These forums are of course part of your house and we have to obey to your rules. I would however appreciate it if offensive posts against people with negative feedback are also seen as unconstructive and derailing and then delt with in the same manner.

Not only deleted , I even received 10 penalty points for pointing out the dismissive and degrading responses to legitimate negative feedback.

This kind of selective subjective punishment is the oposite of good moderating .

1 hour ago, mr broker said:

i noticed too many double men on the opponent, they left too much space ! and also, why put the var in fm that never go wrong, is a loss of time :D

It's a known issue, i've seen threads on it in the bugs forum and the staff are working on it. The AI and game play and ME pick up offside rulings are goals sometimes a bit like human error, been a few times I've seen it allowing goals without question when there's an appeal for offside, read the commentary usually says so. Also with the bug of getting yellow cards and red cards alot more frequently maybe it can iron out the big effects but I guess we'll see. 

Distribute quickly just doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried it with multiple keepers and also combined with different distribution instructions and player roles but no matter what my keepers just seem to hang on to the ball for ages, which isn't ideal when trying to play counter attacking football. Example below, the first picture is the keeper catching a ball from a corner, the second is him in a great position to initiate a counter attack, the last is when he actually distributes the ball.

810720813_2018-11-21(5).thumb.png.b965bcf333b4a992ed52333258bad64b.png42300009_2018-11-21(2).thumb.png.315af75a0a3ab9b77a16006d94b29562.png58756934_2018-11-21(4).thumb.png.f2ef1b60ef76bef66142ecb1b3762a1d.png

13 minutes ago, RemiHarlequin said:

Distribute quickly just doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried it with multiple keepers and also combined with different distribution instructions and player roles but no matter what my keepers just seem to hang on to the ball for ages, which isn't ideal when trying to play counter attacking football. Example below, the first picture is the keeper catching a ball from a corner, the second is him in a great position to initiate a counter attack, the last is when he actually distributes the ball.

810720813_2018-11-21(5).thumb.png.b965bcf333b4a992ed52333258bad64b.png42300009_2018-11-21(2).thumb.png.315af75a0a3ab9b77a16006d94b29562.png58756934_2018-11-21(4).thumb.png.f2ef1b60ef76bef66142ecb1b3762a1d.png

You should head to the ME Bug section and post this and add a PKM in there so they can look at it.

When it comes to the African Nations Championship (which is the competition taking place now in your save), teams can only select players based in their own leagues.

For other competitions, African teams can select whoever they want.

Edited by CFuller

I notice scheduling still a bit off, this has been an issue for years now, mind. I'm in season two in Scottish League 1 (no edits), and early in the season, I have four consecutive away matches. This would never happen in real life, at least not up here. 

6 hours ago, thejay said:

No because it's not the same every year by the same people, this version has very specific issues with player movement which wasn't there to the same extent last year. 

Acutally many people seem to be in agreement, also many are new posters 

I barely post in these forums for example but felt the need because of how disappointing the state of the match engine is this year. 

It's the same people I see in this thread yearly moaning about something or another but never reporting anything.

The problems with the ME are there, although not all th problems that have been claimed in here, but spending examples to the SI staff is the only way to draw attention to it.

There's a thread showing how to take clips and then post it there so they can have a look at it. The more people who highlight the issue, the higher chance it can be resolved properly.

I just find coming in here daily to complain about something, but never helping resolve it, pointless.

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

When it comes to the African Nations Championship (which is the competition taking place now in your save), teams can only select players based in their own leagues.

For other competitions, African teams can select whoever they want.

Oh my, I didn't think about checking that, thank you :lol::D.

Prompt me because of this, he's playing in England, he's not even eligible ^_^>

a1cb1e1c00d94b3b373de633142fe3cc.png

Edited by SpillBlood

12 minutes ago, SpillBlood said:

Oh my, I didn't think about checking that, thank you :lol::D.

Prompt me because of this, he's playing in England, he's not even eligible ^_^>

a1cb1e1c00d94b3b373de633142fe3cc.png

Yeah, I had the same thing with Almamy Touré when he was 'dropped' by Mali for that tournament. That might be something for the bugs forum.

I still seems Press questions is really stupid.

Arsenal was in trouble at the start of the season and ended up loaning one of my hot prospects as a key player, he isn't good enough to replace Harry Kane in the team, so would never get a game on my team.

So why do I get that stupid question setup where he has outgrown Arsenal, a top tier club in EPL, where the hell is he supposed to play instead of at Arsenal?

The first two question is about outgrowing Arsenal so those is incredible stupid and I never tried them, the two last make the player unhappy.

He is the second best striker in EPL because of this opportunity, it's a dream come true for him to develop like this.

Up until now the dressing room atmosphere has been very high (last month it was about the same place as match cohesion is now). In this month 2 things have happened. James Tompkins was worried about lack of first team football. I explained it was because of the form of another player, and he got on with it. Secondly, Kouyate came with the same issue. i promised him some appearances as a sub though he still wasn't too impressed. Since then he's dropped his concerns. With those being the only things that players have came to me about, the massive drop in atmosphere is crazy!

EDIT: There has been a drop in league form but still sit 5th, and am in CL quarters and FA Cup Semis.

20181121221640_1.jpg

Edited by RobertPage

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's the same people I see in this thread yearly moaning about something or another but never reporting anything.

The problems with the ME are there, although not all th problems that have been claimed in here, but spending examples to the SI staff is the only way to draw attention to it.

There's a thread showing how to take clips and then post it there so they can have a look at it. The more people who highlight the issue, the higher chance it can be resolved properly.

I just find coming in here daily to complain about something, but never helping resolve it, pointless.

Its not our job to report the ME problems,we pay some amount of money and we getting a product that are simply broken.. every year and year the ME is broken until the Jan patch 

Edited by GOODNAME

1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

Its not our job to report the ME problems,we pay some amount of money and we getting a product that are simply broken.. every year and year the ME is broken until the Jan patch 

Last Fm i played was 17 and did fine before jan, usually the normal patch was decent enough for me. Did they mess it up after 18? 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

its frustrating that i cant put my heart and many hours into a long term save as i desire to do each year with the game it its current state for me personally its unplayable. i have tried 5 times to start a long term save im too much of a veteran (13 years on forums 20+ years playing) to waste my time playing more than 1 season right now.

spend 20+ hours accumulating staff players etc  then you just get a game that should be called if CornerManager/Crossing Manager/PenaltyManager Oppositon throw in leads directly to you scoring manager could go on but its early and im off to work *yawn*

don't have time to name everything, the match engine cannot be taken seriously (personal opinion)in its current state, big changes are surely incoming.

My feedback is that FM is so good, last year I bought FM18 on pre-order and never even installed the game.  Did the same thing this year with FM19 and still haven’t installed it either.

Reason is, I feel like a prisoner on death row.  Installing and starting to play is like volunteering to be taken to the gallows.  I know my life will be over...

FM is like poisoned wine, I have to resist the temptation to drink it.

(My opinion on how good it is despite having never played it is based on addictively watching “let’s plays” on Youtube.)

11 hours ago, RobertPage said:

Up until now the dressing room atmosphere has been very high (last month it was about the same place as match cohesion is now). In this month 2 things have happened. James Tompkins was worried about lack of first team football. I explained it was because of the form of another player, and he got on with it. Secondly, Kouyate came with the same issue. i promised him some appearances as a sub though he still wasn't too impressed. Since then he's dropped his concerns. With those being the only things that players have came to me about, the massive drop in atmosphere is crazy!

EDIT: There has been a drop in league form but still sit 5th, and am in CL quarters and FA Cup Semis.

20181121221640_1.jpg

It literally tells you what the issues are right underneath it. Zaha is asking to leave, Kelly wants to leave, your form has dropped, you've got a lot of contrasting personalities in the squad, etc etc. You've a lot more problems than what you initially say in your post.

Anyone else notice player ratings are a bit off?

Unless you're scoring, assisting or winning headers it seems you're not contributing.

The AMC position seems particularly vulnerable. 

Can't get a tune out of Christian Eriksen here, tried multiple roles and set ups.

I watched him on fullest highlights for the first half running a game only to be rated 6.3 at halftime as he didn't score or assist or win any headers.

Ignore the rating I hear you cry, but low match ratings have serious knock on effects including player development, morale and future match performance, so we can't.

Edited by Mr U Rosler

1 minute ago, Mr U Rosler said:

The AMC position seems particularly vulnerable. 

AMC has been a problem for a couple of years, I think. With the AI preference for playing one or two DMs, the AMC usually finds it hard to make an impact. Perhaps more so this year with the lack of through balls from the central areas. I think some other areas have been upgraded for ratings - CMs score highly for passes and interceptions even if they don't score or assist, and CBs seem to be getting higher ratings even when they don't get on the scoresheet. Goalkeepers may have had a minor ratings upgrade but they still don't get enough recognition, IMHO, unless they save two penalties and a dozen chances.

I've kind of kept out of the ME discussion as I hadn't played enough matches to really speak on it. I still haven't played too many matches but I feel I've played enough to speak. I definitely do no see this apparent OPness when it comes to crosses. A lot of my goals have come from through balls and I'm not even playing the fastest of strikers (Immobile). The only things I have seen which I'm not convinced are really even that bad are:

Corners seem to be slightly broken - I scored 4 corners in a game (against a much lesser side), in various ways I might add - I was dominating and I won the game 4-1 in the end. So far I've scored 48 goals in the league, 14 coming from corners.

Penalties are just a little bit ridiculous - Immobile who should be one of the best penalty takers on the game has scored 1 in 4 penalties

The amount of games where a team with only 1 shot on target and 30-40% of possession win the game seems to be a bit on the high side this year. I'm playing an online save and a friend of mine is having an absolutely torrid time, the majority of the matches hes losing/drawing he's completely dominating. That said this could just be that FM19 has made lack of confidence an extreme factor in this year's edition - which may be a realistic thing

With regards to the AMC discussion, my friend is playing an AMC formation and using Nabil Fekir in it. He currently is the highest rated player in the prem (based on match rating). Upon further investigation my friend actually rotates Fekir around ST and AMC and his ST avg rating is 7.6, his AMC average rating is 7.3

So TLDR: I don't think this ME is half bad

Edited by Vicz

AMC's ratings are bad, yes. Defensive midfielders are just as bad - they're not nearly as prone to a 6.3 rating as an AMC, but they will never see more than 6.9 without scoring or assisting. DM's ratings have been a problem for years.

And of course, just as in FM18, fullbacks are the global superstars of the FM simulation. Consistently pulling very high ratings and for the love of me I can't figure out why. 

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Mensell76 said:

I agree that some of the comments derailed conversation and at a certain point were not at all constructive. 

However quite a few posts that took a dismissive or even degrading tone towards the people with negative feedback and/or observations were kept online while reactions on those posts without one offensive word in it (unless the observation on a double standard or hypocrisy is offensive these days) were deleted.

We have a report function which can be used if a user is feeling targeted by offensive posts. If a user feels a member of SI Staff or a Moderator has overstepped the line they can use the contact us form at the bottom. 

A lot of it is about respect. There's obviously a lot to be said about respecting other people's opinions, but given the number of SI Staff who frequent these forums, someone posting say "The match engine is crap, they should be ashamed of this" is a lot more offensive if you're the person who's been directly working on it. 

These types of issues are more likely to be noticed and reacted to without being reported. We only have so many pairs of eyes and as stated in the house rules:

Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this board or any entity associated with this board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us either via email or report the post via the system we have in place to the moderator and administrator team. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

19 minutes ago, bar333 said:

AMC's ratings are bad, yes. Defensive midfielders are just as bad - they're not nearly as prone to a 6.3 rating as an AMC, but they will never see more than 6.9 without scoring or assisting. DM's ratings have been a problem for years.

And of course, just as in FM18, fullbacks are the global superstars of the FM simulation. Consistently pulling very high ratings and for the love of me I can't figure out why. 

Agreed, my DM could dominate the whole game with 60 passes and still be hitting 6.9 even with loads of key passes and almost full pass completion. Some of the staff in the bugs forum did take into account of players roles not being what they are what they should do but the thread was specific to the strikers and wingers, maybe someone could investigate it further and post it in the bugs forum for the staff to look at. @Vicz It's not just that its the fact the beta's ME was better than the current one and much realistic in what players did and felt, only major problem was the crossing in the beta even as inside forwards, now its hard to win games more than 2 goals and not even win/draw by 1 or 2 goals. Home and away form seems to be heavy this year, same with getting loads of yellow/red cards, injuries are killing the game and the constant bickering from players wanting too much/less training in a certain area and wanting to leave. And the fact when you sell players its hard but when we buy we pay almost 2x or even more so. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Ignore the rating I hear you cry, but low match ratings have serious knock on effects including player development, morale and future match performance, so we can't.

To jump on this one before it gets legs - the way ratings work currently will not adversely effect player development at all.

Edit for clarity - the difference between a 6.4 and a 6.8 not having "serious" development knock-ons does not equal a 5.2 having no impact on development.

5 minutes ago, BigV said:

@Vicz It's not just that its the fact the beta's ME was better than the current one and much realistic in what players did and felt, only major problem was the crossing in the beta even as inside forwards, now its hard to win games more than 2 goals and not even win/draw by 1 or 2 goals. Home and away form seems to be heavy this year, same with getting loads of yellow/red cards, injuries are killing the game and the constant bickering from players wanting too much/less training in a certain area and wanting to leave. And the fact when you sell players its hard but when we buy we pay almost 2x or even more so. 

Honestly, I'm not seeing this in my save.

Players bicker but it's realism in my eyes. Not every player will be happy with the training you are doing all the time. Has a player actually decided he wants to leave due to training? Definitely hasn't happened to me. I've had some ridiculous bargains on my save too. Clyne on a cheap loan, Filipe Luis for £10m and some of the other guys have had nice deals. So sorry, I just don't really agree.