Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, pats said:

For example, if they are playing 4-1-2-3 DM wide to begin with and decide to go cautious during a match, they should pull their AMR and AML back to MR and ML to make it 4-1-4-1 DM and there shouldn't be too much positional familiarity penalty for those two wide guys. Guardiola does that a lot in real life.

In practice, it doesn't feel like there is that much penalty. I actually do this to close out games, regardless of red/orange familiarity.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Double Indemnity said:

In practice, it doesn't feel like there is that much penalty. I actually do this to close out games, regardless of red/orange familiarity.

I know we human managers do that and it helps us close out the games, but the AI managers aren't coded to do that which puts them at a disadvantage. 

14 hours ago, GerdMuller said:

The ex- players i know and see on TV mostly say stats are a nice gimmick but dont really matter.

Go tell that to Oliver "Griezmann must convert like 90% of his one on ones" Kahn (er, Max Musterman) and all his many, many pals. :D 

3 hours ago, pats said:

I know we human managers do that and it helps us close out the games, but the AI managers aren't coded to do that which puts them at a disadvantage. 

i've seen AI playing with both wingers on attack duty after red card, practically defending with 6 men. 

also wasn't there talking about how support duty striker will now defend deeper in 442. can't stand watching games against 442 and all that space between last midfielder and two strikers.

such a basic stuff in football...

Well, well, having played 3 and a half Seasons by now starting in german 3.Liga promoted each year leading the 1.Bundesliga by now (finishing 10th or so after prpmotion) i will scrap my save and start a new game with additional Leagues per Steam Workshop in the very lowest possible.

In all 4 Season my Striker lead the scoring, my AP comes next - i play an attacking 4-1-3-2 tactic.

Injuries are usually >1/3 less than expected with a few long term injuries and many few days injuries.

My Team earns p/a 434k wages which is the lowest in the 1.Bundesliga.

It is the tallest and heaviest Team and has the best Jumpers, it iis slighty pacey - all other stuff is pretty much average to Bottom - it is especially technically and mentally below average with some good First Team Key Players.

I lead the leguey by 5 Points in front of Bayern Munich and 8 in front of the next behind.

Time for another challenge as i mentioned above!

Technically since the CaC Launch Crash was fixed i did not encounter a single crash.

Edited by Etebaer

Some of you should play in Italy. Regularly come up against deep defending strikers and I've had Juventus and Lazio go more defensive in the Final stages of a match.

Had a Cup game against Inter that went to extra time. They scored first, went ultra defensive, I scored, they opened up again. I then got an injury that forced me down to ten men and they went far more attacking, and ended up scoring the winner.

On 15/11/2018 at 17:32, szp said:

There are many issues in this ME, but 2 things are so annoying, that I don't have any joy from playing this game right now. First thing is crossing issue - my wide player, no matter what role, what duty (fullbacks, wingbacks, wingers, even complete forward) are trying to get to the goal line and cross the ball. And in most cases their cross is blocked by opponent. I'd expect that fullback on support duty will sometimes try to cross the ball straight after he receives it, without running forward or waiting for the opponent. EVERY game there are at least 6-7 situations like this.

Second thing is lack of movement of my offensive players. Again, no matter what role, what duty, they look like they're man-marking oppositions centre backs and fullbacks instead of make some moves to get the ball. 

The ME is promising but in current state I can't find any pleasure of playing this game. For me the worst ME in last couple of years...

Okay, I've checked Bugs Forum and I found that the problem with lack of movement in final third is under review and I'm glad to see this. But I'd like to know if someone from SI is reviewing the crossing issue? If not, how can I report it? I have two fullbacks on support with "cross from deep" instruction and never seen them actually crossing from deep. No matter what, the try to cross from the endline (and get blocked most of the times). 

1 minute ago, szp said:

Okay, I've checked Bugs Forum and I found that the problem with lack of movement in final third is under review and I'm glad to see this. But I'd like to know if someone from SI is reviewing the crossing issue? If not, how can I report it? I have two fullbacks on support with "cross from deep" instruction and never seen them actually crossing from deep. No matter what, the try to cross from the endline (and get blocked most of the times). 

Deep crossing is completely dead in the current ME. And if you want your fullbacks and wingbacks to cross more, you have to set them to attack duty which defaults to crossing from byline. 

What should happen is that 'cross more often/less often' and 'cross from deep/byline' should work as what they say (in combination with your passing directness) on any duty (attack, support or defend). Right now the behaviour is hard-coded to restrict the amount of crossing. This was a quick fix after beta so I hope they will find an efficient solution now that they have time to work on it.

34 minutes ago, pats said:

Deep crossing is completely dead in the current ME. And if you want your fullbacks and wingbacks to cross more, you have to set them to attack duty which defaults to crossing from byline. 

What should happen is that 'cross more often/less often' and 'cross from deep/byline' should work as what they say (in combination with your passing directness) on any duty (attack, support or defend). Right now the behaviour is hard-coded to restrict the amount of crossing. This was a quick fix after beta so I hope they will find an efficient solution now that they have time to work on it.

This was not a quick fix, please don't make misleading assumptions on this.

47 minutes ago, szp said:

I'm pretty sure delayed crossing is being looked at. Best way to report this is with PKMs and time codes should where they should be attempting to deep cross, but choose to run etc instead

• Administrators

I didn't realise that when linked to Twitter, if I didn't go to Preferences to turn off automatic updates, it will literally post about all my friendlies and pointless league games. :(:lol:

Spent a little more than 100 hours on FM19, I'm very impressed with the MLS experience on FM2019 and have to give a big pat on the back to SI for getting this bang on.

Training is a lot more fun now! Fantastic job with the new training module and how that has added a new layer of immersion into the sim. Love the addition of Training ratings. 

I also really like the new tactics module and getting the team to play the way you want seems easier. The UI seems more intuitive than previous versions and a far cry from the days of sliders. One slight negative for me is the number of team instructions they have on by default on each tactical style. I don't complicate things and use any style, but it seems to me like new users might be overwhelmed by all the TI's on by default. 

For the downside, The ME is not in the best shape. The fact that forward strata players (SC / AMLR / MLR) have the exact same movement regardless of their roles once they advance far enough is a real problem. The front line will basically stick themselves to the opposing defenders in the final phase of attacking play when the ball is being controlled by your midfield. So this takes the front line out of the equation, the midfielders will pass it amongst themselves and try to get it out wide. If they can't they're going to take a shot and hopefully win a corner.

Just finished 5 games that were all extremely dull affairs decided either by a set piece or a ball over the top or a mistake.

In one particular game, I was down to 9 men within 60 minutes. The AI still couldn't create a good chance, let alone score. I play with a very basic tactical set up but focus on getting players with the right attributes for my style of play. I like my players to have good Decisions & Teamwork regardless of position and basically let them make their choices on the pitch. In past years FM, I've had great joy and watched some wonderful football played out like this. But in FM19, because I'm not pressing the AI like crazy and leaving gaps, this ME feels like set piece simulator. 

I know this has been mentioned in the Bugs forum and the devs are hard at work trying to balance this issue as best they can. The change to Defensive Width in tactics this year could have had this knock on effect. I fear this might need too much re-working for an update. But I hope I'm wrong! These devs do have a habit of pleasantly surprising me when I least expect it. (Been a fanboy since CM days)

To end on a positive note, I really do think the new training module is a fantastic and much needed addition to the sim. 

Tac.png

Edited by divij13

More non-ME related issues - player unhappiness\transfers still often making absolutely zero sense, it's a bit embarrassing at this point. Got a key player, a club makes an offer for him and he wants to join because they play in a higher division. I reject the offer, can't talk him out of his unhappiness, he becomes unhappy but no one in the squad supports him over it. I then try to offer him out for the right price because I don't want an unhappy player, I don't get any offers, then I get one from a bottom-league side (same league as me, battling relegation whereas I'm 2nd in the league) but it's like 50% less than his value, I reject it. Boom - now I have a dressing room mutiny because he wants to join that club for first team football (what in the name of god? He's a key player status for me and starts every game) and everyone supports him over it whereas they didn't before because reasons.

How many more half-baked, never fixed features are we going to see in this franchise? It's clearly becoming a case of "let's drop in this shiny new feature (in this case Dynamics and the much more complex happiness\unhappiness thingy) to market the game to the masses with, then never touch it again and abandon it as is, warts and all, as we move on to the next headline feature". I've seen it with:

A. Dynamics

B. The medical centre and the whole fatigue system (no matches played in a week -> heavy fatigue, high injury risk)

C. The incredibly boring and straight up illogical social feed that completely ignores context (sign a player permanently that you've had on loan for 2 years? Social feed looks like they've never seen the player. Reserve player without a single first team appearance gets injured? Still see the same 'Season is over' posts)

D. Already seeing signs of it with the training system (half your squad wanting more quickness training, less strength training, more this and less that, basically you are forced into a perfectly balanced schedule at all times and are not allowed to dedicate say 2 weeks to any one thing without half your squad complaining. Also, young players at the age of 18-19 with a wide assortment of personalities all steadily declining in attributes like a 36 year old journeyman)

And this is just since what... FM17? I wonder how long the list will get the further back we go and look at the headline features of previous titles.

I love FM, but for a yearly franchise that is so incredibly iterative rather than innovative, there's incredibly little iteration actually going on. Iterative is fine but it means also looking at mechanics and features you've introduced previously and improving them without reworking them, yet so many of them remain completely untouched with the exact same issues repeating years after the fact. I'm kind of fed up with it and the age-old advice of always skipping one FM and buying every 2 years seems more relevant than ever. Just improving what's already there is what I've been waiting for since like 2014 probably. Gimme one year without any headline features but just fixing all these annoyances and polishing everything.

Edited by bar333

work permits ave gone crazy. ive gone brexit and you now need work permits for players once you go over the 17 foreign player rule. but world class international players fail the permits.

assensio fail. dybala fail, rodriguez fail i scouted messi and comes up he would fail the permit even if i appealed? yet i can buy a 16 year old spanish kid with no problem at all ??

vor 16 Stunden schrieb RTHerringbone:

Seriously. A high proportion of this thread is snarky little comments like this and they add limited value. They're usually repeat comments from the same posters too, so it's just like being stuck in Groundhog Day.

It's absolutely fine if you have issues with the game, but don't spam this thread with repetitive bollocks. If you actually give a damn, go nuts in the bugs forum with examples that will actually help SI decide if issues raised are legit and warrant some attention.

How can you post this in the Bug forum when it's not actually that easy to figure out what the problrms actually are? 

Why must we analyse the match engine in great detail to find the reasons for obvious problems with type of goals, player movement, width, crossing tendency, pressing tendency, ect? 

There are likely several different reasons why the current match engine produces the kind of football it produces currently, what exactly are we supposed to post in the bug forum? 

This isn't a simple obvious bug you can easily describe and post 

Edited by thejay

Agreeing an acceptable asking price with a player only seems to apply to the club that last made an offer. Is this intentional?

After rejecting a bid for a player we agreed that I'd accept bids of £28m+, another bid came in from the same club and I responded with an asking price of £28m and the club withdrew their offer, no issue with the player. A different club comes in with a low ball offer and I again respond with an AP of £28m, they withdraw, player kicks off at being priced out of a move.

15 minutes ago, thejay said:

How can you post this in the Bug forum when it's not actually that easy to figure out what the problrms actually are? 

Why must we analyse the match engine in great detail to find the reasons for obvious problems with type of goals, player movement, width, crossing tendency, pressing tendency, ect? 

There are likely several different reasons why the current match engine produces the kind of football it produces currently, what exactly are we supposed to post in the bug forum? 

This isn't a simple obvious bug you can easily describe and post 

Cause and effect. You post the effect (the perceived bug) and then SI have the task of identifying the root cause. It isn't up to us to try to diagnose the reasons behind duff things in the ME, we just have to draw attention to them.

• Administrators

Just to confirm as reading through the last few pages of this thread has made me realise people are raising potential issues in here:

If you have a bug or an issue the ONLY WAY it'll be addressed is if it's in the bugs forum with an example. 

If you raise it in here, it's highly likely it won't be picked up by anyone who is in a position to change anything, especially if it's anecdotal without anything to back it up. 

19 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to confirm as reading through the last few pages of this thread has made me realise people are raising potential issues in here:

If you have a bug or an issue the ONLY WAY it'll be addressed is if it's in the bugs forum with an example. 

If you raise it in here, it's highly likely it won't be picked up by anyone who is in a position to change anything, especially if it's anecdotal without anything to back it up. 

Most of the issues raised are already in the bugs forum. 

What i have to ask you, the ME is in a bad state why can't  SI roll it back to previous version where we only had two or 3 issues not a plethora of them as i with this ME? 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Amarante said:

What i have to ask you, the ME is in a bad state why can't  SI roll it back to previous version where we only had two or 3 issues not a plethora of them as i with this ME? 

According to some people (or depending who you ask), every ME is the worst ever. Until they decide to pick out some arbitrary random ME they enjoyed for nostalgic reasons they happened to be frustrated by the least. 

Rolling back the ME is not an option.

The ME is fine in my view, there's always things to refine (counter pressing effectiveness for a start) but it's certainly not broken by any means. 

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

According to some people (or depending who you ask), every ME is the worst ever. Until they decide to pick out some arbitrary random ME they enjoyed for nostalgic reasons they happened to be frustrated by the least. 

Rolling back the ME is not an option.

The ME is fine in my view, there's always things to refine (counter pressing effectiveness for a start) but it's certainly not broken by any means. 

An opinion but it isn't fine. Striker movement, Final Third Movement, defending, pressing, passing, players waiting to be tackled before crossing the ball, lack of through ball, AMC not doing anything. The list goes on and each things that i have listed have been accepted by SI as yea something is wrong here. 

In the BETA the problem was lack of through balls and every goal coming from crosses which was caused by lack of through balls. Pressing wasn't a problem, passing wasn't a problem, movement wasn't a problem.  

24 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

none of the known problem areas prevent you from playing the game.

It prevents me from playing how i want to play. Try replicating positional play when your inside forwards and strikers stand still on the edge of the 18. When your pressing is so out of whack that it leaves a massive gap in your defense. 

Just accept it, SI took one step forward and 4 steps back with this update. It's not uncommon for game studios to rollback an update to a prior version where most of the problems they cause didn't exist before. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Amarante said:

An opinion but it isn't fine. Striker movement, Final Third Movement, defending, pressing, passing, players waiting to be tackled before crossing the ball, lack of through ball, AMC not doing anything. The list goes on and each things that i have listed have been accepted by SI as yea something is wrong here.

In any match engine you can pick out any number of things that need to be improved. Some things you might notice more than others depending on how you're playing the game. 

Pressing was a problem in BETA and still is (it was rather overpowered, and still is to an extent). There are improvements being worked on no doubt. 

It is 'fine', because you can play the game as @RTHerringbone. As I say there's improvements to be made but the game isn't unplayable at all. 

It's probably worth taking a step back from reading a lot of people's subjective comments, either just play and enjoy the game or go and play something else really until you want to try it again.

If SI stopped at every bug or complaint raised before updating the Match Engine, we'd never see an update. They do have to be pragmatic and draw the line somewhere in order to actually release a game.

must admit that comments like the me is fine and playable is what makes these forums pointless.  yeah you can play the game but not how its supposed to  be played. a few engines back and it seemed ok in fact even the beta was better. we need players to moan about the game and push the game as far as it will go otherwise we never see any progress. at the moment its not at its best but it will be just maybe not until sept 2019 and then we all go  round again :lol:

• Administrators
1 minute ago, bradjsmith said:

we need players to moan about the game and push the game as far as it will go otherwise we never see any progress

Moaning doesn't improve the game. Bug reports do, which is what SI are asking for. 

But I suppose if all you're going to do is post in the feedback thread where somebody who can fix your issue, won't be able to see it, then yes, we all keep going round again.

1 minute ago, bradjsmith said:

must admit that comments like the me is fine and playable is what makes these forums pointless.  yeah you can play the game but not how its supposed to  be played. a few engines back and it seemed ok in fact even the beta was better. we need players to moan about the game and push the game as far as it will go otherwise we never see any progress. at the moment its not at its best but it will be just maybe not until sept 2019 and then we all go  round again :lol:

Players who moan about the game but don't contribute to the bugs forum don't help at all. There are some really good contributors in the bugs forum, but a majority think it's an extension of the main forum. Anecdotes don't help SI at all.

If people were as productive with providing bug reports as they are wheeling out the same statements every other day in here, it would make the process of fixing the known issues somewhat easier.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Pressing was a problem in BETA and still is (it was rather overpowered, and still is to an extent). There are improvements being worked on no doubt. 

Now it doesn't work at all.  So we went from OP to doesn't work. 

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's probably worth taking a step back from reading a lot of people's subjective comments, either just play and enjoy the game or go and play something else really until you want to try it again.

This is constantly stated but if someone pays for a product, you are telling them hey you can't enjoy what you paid for come again next time and hope that you can enjoy it again? That's bad development and its what makes EA voted the worse company in America. And is one of the problems AAA games are facing. You can't suggest that someone who paid for something to go and play something else until they can enjoy what they paid for. it's nonsensical. 

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

f SI stopped at every bug or complaint raised before updating the Match Engine, we'd never see an update. They do have to be pragmatic and draw the line somewhere in order to actually release a game.

That's not what people are asking. Alot of  persons want to know how do you go from one or two tweaks to needing 4-5 tweaks. How is it in 18 you were making great progress, in beta you were getting closer to one of the best MEs to now an me where it's painful to sit and watch a game. 

People are losing faith in SI's testing ability as you saw early on which i disagree with it but they are.. 

Alot of the persons have gone over the top but the most vocal ones are the ones that have supplied pkms created bug reports and have added into the fixing of these issues. I know that these issues will take time to get done but how long no one knows. It could be tomorrow, it could be next year but it breaks my immersion seeing things that weren't present before and just makes no sense what so ever. 

• Administrators
Just now, bradjsmith said:

but its a feedback thread :seagull:

For providing feedback about the game, yes.

But its not a place for reporting issues that you want fixed with specific examples. Which is the best way to ensure your issues get seen to and resolved quickly. And that's where the bugs forum comes in.

Some issues are specific to save games, setups and personal settings you have set on your save game, which SI have no way of replicating without seeing your specific issues, PKMs and Save Games for investigation. 

Just think how massive FM is, and all the various permutations and ways of doing things. It's actually really important to provide bug reports if you want to make sure your issue is fixed. Posting your opinions in the feedback thread isn't the best way of getting what you want resolved sorted out for future updates.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Amarante said:

This is constantly stated but if someone pays for a product, you are telling them hey you can't enjoy what you paid for come again next time and hope that you can enjoy it again? That's bad development and its what makes EA voted the worse company in America. And is one of the problems AAA games are facing. You can't suggest that someone who paid for something to go and play something else until they can enjoy what they paid for. it's nonsensical. 

You can enjoy the game though, that's my point. And even if you're not happy with it, you still have options. 

I think you can tell someone to go and play something else - there's a few ways games companies will sit up and take notice: 

• If not enough people buy the product
  • If people simply are not playing the game
  • If people are raising their issues to be resolved in a practical manner (again, feedback forum isn't the most effective way you can effect change).

The amount of people playing FM at any given time makes it one of those popular games on Steam so it does put yourself in a minority if you are claiming it's unplayable really, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, Amarante said:

That's not what people are asking. Alot of  persons want to know how do you go from one or two tweaks to needing 4-5 tweaks. How is it in 18 you were making great progress, in beta you were getting closer to one of the best MEs to now an me where it's painful to sit and watch a game. 

People are losing faith in SI's testing ability as you saw early on which i disagree with it but they are.. 

Alot of the persons have gone over the top but the most vocal ones are the ones that have supplied pkms created bug reports and have added into the fixing of these issues. I know that these issues will take time to get done but how long no one knows. It could be tomorrow, it could be next year but it breaks my immersion seeing things that weren't present before and just makes no sense what so ever. 

Anybody who experiences an issue or a bug, tends to be unable to 'unsee it' and it does become an issue that matters to them. 

There are some that want their issues fixed immediately, and I can understand that. What frustrates people is seeing issues in the final product but thats also why these things take time as they go through various checks to ensure that they are resolved. 

People also have a demand for seeing Match Engine updates regardless. Some even seem conditioned that because SI release patches on a schedule, that somehow the game isn't finished until the very last one :D It's just one of those cases you can't please everyone no matter what you do or how much you provide to improve the game long after it's been released (something not all Devs do either).

Match Engine ones are always more difficult and nuanced because its in a constant state of development. It's a very different kind of bug to a button not working, some text being incorrect. 

If the game is personally making you feel like you don't enjoy it and you've already raised your issue then all I can say is wait for an update, do something else or opt in to the public beta program and see development through there which is a great innovation by SI this year.

Moaning just isn't going to get you anywhere or make the fixes come any quicker.

I think alot of people can accept bugs are present in the ME and that they always will be. Its never going to be perfect for everyone. I think peoples biggest issue is that FM has been out since November 2nd and it is now the 17th and nothing has changed. They are just getting no joy out of game that they love.

49 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

The ME is in a state according to a vocal minority on a forum. As far as I recall, SI have never rolled a ME version back and they certainly won't now because whilst there are acknowledged areas for improvement, none of the known problem areas prevent you from playing the game.

this is almost like saying the custumer doesn't know how to produce a car after selling him steering with fault. and after reclamation you give him back the car with another 2 faults.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You can enjoy the game though, that's my point. And even if you're not happy with it, you still have options. 

I think you can tell someone to go and play something else - there's a few ways games companies will sit up and take notice: 

• If not enough people buy the product
  • If people simply are not playing the game
  • If people are raising their issues to be resolved in a practical manner (again, feedback forum isn't the most effective way you can effect change).

The amount of people playing FM at any given time makes it one of those popular games on Steam so it does put yourself in a minority if you are claiming it's unplayable really, isn't it?

Anybody who experiences an issue or a bug, tends to be unable to 'unsee it' and it does become an issue that matters to them. 

There are some that want their issues fixed immediately, and I can understand that. What frustrates people is seeing issues in the final product but thats also why these things take time as they go through various checks to ensure that they are resolved. 

People also have a demand for seeing Match Engine updates regardless. Some even seem conditioned that because SI release patches on a schedule, that somehow the game isn't finished until the very last one :D It's just one of those cases you can't please everyone no matter what you do or how much you provide to improve the game long after it's been released (something not all Devs do either).

Match Engine ones are always more difficult and nuanced because its in a constant state of development. It's a very different kind of bug to a button not working, some text being incorrect. 

If the game is personally making you feel like you don't enjoy it and you've already raised your issue then all I can say is wait for an update, do something else or opt in to the public beta program and see development through there which is a great innovation by SI this year.

Moaning just isn't going to get you anywhere or make the fixes come any quicker.

I have opted into  the public beta. I  also know ME bugs are very hard to fix. And we didn't say the game is unplayable but it no longer immerses you into it. For instant for me to get the same movement i expect my Inside forwards to have, i have to be deplying them as inverted wingers. I have a tactical style i want to implement but i can't do so until the fixes are done. I am playing the game yes, am i playing the game how i want to no, i can't at this moment  so i have to be doing work arounds to just get a few hours of peace and relaxation. 

@Lucas I posted few topics with bugs description in open beta stage, even with video. It was a good feedback with QA team and SI Team, like Seb Wassel or Neil Brock too. 

One of the bug was repaired in 1 hour before game was releasing and thanks for this. 

But how I can post ticket with poor ME issue compared Beta? But it is not just opinion.

Also some bugs I and other users posted should have been discovered in alpha test. It was basic interface issues. But that did not happen

And if somebody play in ME he can see degradation between Beta ME and Release ME. People tired to take an active part in debugging the game. After all, we are costumers, not beta testers.

Edited by Novem9

i wouldnt say whats whats wrong with the me bugs though its just the games perception of how its played at the mo. too many shots and crazy saves. too much play going out wide then in then wide then in then wide. closing down like headless chickens.  these i woult call bugs but they need to be ironed out to make the experience better 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Mitja:

this is almost like saying the custumer doesn't know how to produce a car after selling him steering with fault. and after reclamation you give him back the car with another 2 faults.

Car analogies are as bad as they have ever been, IRL in Germany they sold us fraud Diesel cars and the solution for Germany who are not as lawsuit- trigger -happy as the US, is you get a discount went you buy a new Diesel  after you just bought one that lost its value. :-D 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

I have raised a couple there. Not a single response to either of them yet.
One was from this past Monday and the other from 13 days ago.

Just now, Novem9 said:

And if somebody play in ME he can see degradation between Beta ME and Release ME. People tired to take an active part in debugging the game. After all, we are costumers, not beta testers.

This is the problem we are having. Having played the BETA and then playing release your not in peace. We were taken to the promise land then kicked right back out. We can see the promise and the potenial because we saw it before tasted it now we're like junkies tryin to get that fix again. 

there's one things i agree with mods here is that people should post these issues into the bugs forum. on the other hand i think SI and testing team should be fair enough and at least try to answer that person as soon as possible whether this issue is going to be looked into and is it worth to continue posting. as i can see from a couple of above posts and situation in ME forum, people are sceptical and unwilling to spend many hours to identify the problems, just to realise after few weeks or months, their time was wasted.   

I don't know what system SI uses to test the ME, but probably the only efficient way would be some equivalent to what we use in science as a double blind trial.

I remember in the public beta thread someone coming up detailing all the good and bad changes he spotted in the "new" ME... when there was no update whatsoever and it was the same ME as he used to play before. A lot of times people see what they want to see. And maybe that happens with some (not saying all) of the people who comes to this thread saying that the ME is unplayable. I'm playing it and happy with it. Is it perfect, not at all, but I'm enjoying it and I can have my team play the way I like to play.

FM19 is by far superior to 18, 17 and so on. Bugs, which exist, should be reported in the bugs section and I'm doing that. As for ME analysis, I believe it to be tricky to analyse (and also to fix).

Edited by 99

7 hours ago, Amarante said:

movement wasn't a problem.  

Sorry mate, not true. Lack of Movement was already very much an issue in ME1900. I was about to open my thread on striker movement on ME1900 when we all of a sudden received 1913 so I started over again to see if the movement was better in 1913, which unfortunately was not the case. In 1914 the issue still persists. Therefore as I have stated on multiple occassions, in my eyes that is the main culprit of poor central play (resulting in dominant wide play with all its knock ons). The lack of movement by attackers also affects the AMC position quite a bit as well because he can now mostly play balls out wide instead of also being a center playing creative force.

In general: just my opinion, there is too much negativity going around regarding the ME, even a seperate thread regarding the beta me being better is active as we speak (EDIT: I see it has been closed now). Even though I have been extremely critical in recent days regarding the lack of communication on the ME, which in my eyes if done right could prevent all this running around in circles, I really can't see the continuous repetition on current ME flaws adding anything new to the discussion. In my eyes it now comes down to this: either stop playing for now (my choice) or accept the ME for what it is and enjoy the good parts (of which there are plenty)

SI will of course not roll back to a previous ME since the BETA ME, how much it is being romanticized now, had its own flaws and quite clearly was not an end product SI felt comfortable with. It was BETA after all and there was a bigger chance of an updated ME at release day than going live with the BETA ME. Nothing new in the process there.  It currently is frustating for all users, that we do not have a new ME. But I am absolutely certain that ME1914 is closer to being a fantastic end product than ME1900 was.  

Edited by Mensell76

On 14/11/2018 at 23:23, MBarbaric said:

well of course they don't only do soak tests. However, whoever is doing the match analysis doesn't know how to do it or the ME is in such a state that there is not a lot of room to improve it. and I personally believe it is the latter as most things being reported are going on for years now.

could not have put it better myself. so. many things in the ME have not been fixed in years, despite bug reports being filed. one example being clear cut chances not being registered correctly. seems off still

wont get into crossing, wide play, central play, animations looking off at times and more

35 minuti fa, Preveza ha scritto:

could not have put it better myself. so. many things in the ME have not been fixed in years, despite bug reports being filed. one example being clear cut chances not being registered correctly. seems off still

wont get into crossing, wide play, central play, animations looking off at times and more

Indeed, but I think ultimately SI are right. The game has for years been on top of the most played games on steam. So, to bang on about the movement of strikers, passing decisions, defensive organization (and I've done it for years) is frankly - pointless. 

It doesn't matter to tenths of thousands of people playing the game at this moment and, as long as it is like that (and I see no reason why that would change in any reasonable time span), it shouldn't really matter to SI. They are business and, above all, they have to think about those who enjoy the game. The UI needs to be good, tactics need to be updated, DB needs to be updated, everything needs to work when you turn it on and that is basically it.

Accept it as it is with its flaws and imperfections if you can. If you can't, then simply don't buy, don't play. It was always meant to be a dream machine where you pick your local team and win everything- It was never really a football tactics simulator so to complain about ME is kind of useless. If they could solve the problems in ME they would. They deserve the credit for introducing new TC with new instructions. They work as much anything in tactics has worked over the years. One patch yes, another not so much. But it has been like that since we got 2D where you could actually see the pitch. It was like that even before, you just couldn't see it. 

4 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

Indeed, but I think ultimately SI are right. The game has for years been on top of the most played games on steam. So, to bang on about the movement of strikers, passing decisions, defensive organization (and I've done it for years) is frankly - pointless. 

you almost made my cry, please don't say that. :D