Sports Interactive Community
Hodgy

Semi Final 2: Croatia Vs England (ITV, KO @19:00)

Who will win and go through to the World Cup Final?  

61 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Croatia
    • England

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/18 at 18:00

7 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Appreciate the update.

Shame you guys lost, but hopefully Croatia vs France will be a good game, I suppose almost everyone will be supporting Croatia.

We didn't disgrace ourselves, they were simply better, i can live with that. Theres no reason for us to be down i honestly have thoroughly enjoyed the tournament and the whole nation getting swept up in it all.

Just now, Redshift said:

To be fair, I think the team lost their heads again. It's like they didn't believe in their game plan and started humping everything up front. Should have done better but then we came further than we probably hoped for. I guess I've seen this too many times over the last three decades to be too gutted.

Its like we have 1 gameplan. And that gameplan doesnt involve the opposition scoring. So if they do they're clueless what to do

Not read the thread, but a bit naive and Southgate probably should have made a change earlier. So annoying to lose to such a basic goal.

1 minute ago, mark1985 said:

Let's hope Croatia go on and win it. Proud of how well we did. Never ever thought we would get this far. Well done England. You made me proud of my country again

Nah buddy, this has France written all over it. I like France and they have some terrifying players.

Amazed we got to a World Cup final with Jordan Henderson playing on his own in the middle tbf, remarkable achievement.

Just don't le France to win. The whole country of Italy supports Croatia!

I won't begrudge Croatia a World Cup win now. They've been excellent in the group stage and resilient in the knockout rounds.

Though I can't honestly see them having the energy to beat France, I know where my support will be going on Sunday.

1 minute ago, VamPook said:

Pickford value went up 50m after this tournament

Definitely. Watch the papers blame Sterling tomorrow though

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

Shame you guys lost, but hopefully Croatia vs France will be a good game, I suppose almost everyone will be supporting Croatia.

I will with my bet on Croatia :)

You guys can be prout of your team's performance, but Southgate bottled it.

He read Croatia very well and in the first 30mins it looked like an easy victory, then when Croatia adjusted he was either clueless on what to change or scared to do anything.
This was probably your best chance, because this is an overachievement.

Just now, Weezer said:

Amazed we got to a World Cup final with Jordan Henderson playing on his own in the middle tbf, remarkable achievement.

You didn't :D.

Congrats Croatia! A first ever World Cup final.

Hope you beat France, tbh, as I really hate watching Deschamps' team play.

Just now, martplfc1 said:

Let's be honest, France wouldve destroyed us.

I think you guys have enjoyed the ride, lets be honest though, this wasn't a great England side, or a great England manager, I think this is honestly the worst England manager I have seen!

The draw opened up, I doubt you will see it be so kind anytime in the future.
The players and some luck got you this far, the manager maybe stopped you getting even further.

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

Mario Mandzukic :cool: What a legend.

Probably the guy with biggest cojones in current football.
He obviously lacks quality, but just does it again and again in every big game.

It was enjoyable while it lasted. Don’t think we disgraced ourselves at all but if you can’t score goals from open play you are eventually going to be found out.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

You guys can be prout of your team's performance, but Southgate bottled it.

He read Croatia very well and in the first 30mins it looked like an easy victory, then when Croatia adjusted he was either clueless on what to change or scared to do anything.
This was probably your best chance, because this is an overachievement.

I dunno, our youth teams are looking frighteningly promising. And they know they can do it, and aren't resting on their laurels at the big clubs in England who won't play them.

No shame to say we just weren’t good enough. Didn’t create anywhere near enough to deserve to be in a World Cup final.  We’ve massively over achieved and I couldn’t be prouder of them for getting further than we should have, and anyone expected us to.

Kane is still winning the golden boot isn't he, surely has to be the worst ever golden boot winner (performance wise)?

4 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Not on your life

1 minute ago, daylight said:

I think you guys have enjoyed the ride, lets be honest though, this wasn't a great England side, or a great England manager, I think this is honestly the worst England manager I have seen!

The draw opened up, I doubt you will see it be so kind anytime in the future.
The players and some luck got you this far, the manager maybe stopped you getting even further.

Not with Roy Hodgson having been manager at some point. :herman:

Great WC by England. Exceeded expectations. Served notice. Should have put Croatia away in first half. 

The writing was on the wall when they deliberately lost to Belgium. From that moment on, I wanted England out ASAP. Thank God Croatia obliged

Just now, Bootador said:

Kane is still winning the golden boot isn't he, surely has to be the worst ever golden boot winner (performance wise)?

Awful tonight. 

Anyway, England did well to get this far. Now lets get Harry Kane his golden boot and lets try and stop Belgium doing the double over us. Then on to Euro 2020 where hopefully we build on this success and get the trophy!

We have a bright future ahead of us.

I can't say I paid that much attention to how we played tactically after half time but despite the mistakes this wasn't bottling it, it was a good effort and we came out on the wrong end.

Just now, Mr Adam said:

We’ve massively over achieved

Yeah who would ever have imagine we could beat tunisia, panama, colombia (on pens) & sweden... Heroes one and all

5 minutes ago, VamPook said:

Pickford value went up 50m after this tournament

Just as well we put a sell on fee on... oh wait yes we were run by morons

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

Up there with Oleg Salenko. Scored a pen against Sweden, then managed 5 against a terrible Cameroon team. Didn't even get passed the group stage.

Just now, Bootador said:

In truth he was awful, really he did very little but tire in games.
It will show he won the golden boot but in truth he did very little. 

I'll be supporting the Croats in the final, I love a new winner.

Plus @GunmaN1905 will be so conflicted ;)

9 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Still waiting on the VAR, it's not over yet :D 

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

Yeah who would ever have imagine we could beat tunisia, panama, colombia (on pens) & sweden... Heroes one and all

Yea we should have just lost to them all.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Probably the guy with biggest cojones in current football.
He obviously lacks quality, but just does it again and again in every big game.

Yeah he's such a weird footballer really. By talent he should be nothing more than a midtable target man, but just has the perfect combination of cuntishness, work-rate and nous to be something more.

1 minute ago, daylight said:

In truth he was awful, really he did very little but tire in games.
It will show he won the golden boot but in truth he did very little. 

I dont watch much domestic football, but is Kane a statue for Spurs?

2 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Anyway, England did well to get this far. Now lets get Harry Kane his golden boot and lets try and stop Belgium doing the double over us. Then on to Euro 2020 where hopefully we build on this success and get the trophy!

We have a bright future ahead of us.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing attackers like Lookman, Sancho and Foden maturing, if they're ready by 2020 then we can really look forward to that