Semi Final 2: Croatia Vs England (ITV, KO @19:00)

Hodgy

Who will win and go through to the World Cup Final?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Croatia
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/18 at 18:00

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys can be prout of your team's performance, but Southgate bottled it.

He read Croatia very well and in the first 30mins it looked like an easy victory, then when Croatia adjusted he was either clueless on what to change or scared to do anything.
This was probably your best chance, because this is an overachievement.

Just now, martplfc1 said:

Let's be honest, France wouldve destroyed us.

I think you guys have enjoyed the ride, lets be honest though, this wasn't a great England side, or a great England manager, I think this is honestly the worst England manager I have seen!

The draw opened up, I doubt you will see it be so kind anytime in the future.
The players and some luck got you this far, the manager maybe stopped you getting even further.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

You guys can be prout of your team's performance, but Southgate bottled it.

He read Croatia very well and in the first 30mins it looked like an easy victory, then when Croatia adjusted he was either clueless on what to change or scared to do anything.
This was probably your best chance, because this is an overachievement.

I dunno, our youth teams are looking frighteningly promising. And they know they can do it, and aren't resting on their laurels at the big clubs in England who won't play them.

No shame to say we just weren’t good enough. Didn’t create anywhere near enough to deserve to be in a World Cup final.  We’ve massively over achieved and I couldn’t be prouder of them for getting further than we should have, and anyone expected us to.

1 minute ago, daylight said:

I think you guys have enjoyed the ride, lets be honest though, this wasn't a great England side, or a great England manager, I think this is honestly the worst England manager I have seen!

The draw opened up, I doubt you will see it be so kind anytime in the future.
The players and some luck got you this far, the manager maybe stopped you getting even further.

Not with Roy Hodgson having been manager at some point. :herman:

Anyway, England did well to get this far. Now lets get Harry Kane his golden boot and lets try and stop Belgium doing the double over us. Then on to Euro 2020 where hopefully we build on this success and get the trophy!

We have a bright future ahead of us.

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

Kane is still winning the golden boot isn't he, surely has to be the worst ever golden boot winner (performance wise)?

Up there with Oleg Salenko. Scored a pen against Sweden, then managed 5 against a terrible Cameroon team. Didn't even get passed the group stage.

Just now, Bootador said:

Kane is still winning the golden boot isn't he, surely has to be the worst ever golden boot winner (performance wise)?

In truth he was awful, really he did very little but tire in games.
It will show he won the golden boot but in truth he did very little. 

9 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Amazed we got to a World Cup final with Jordan Henderson playing on his own in the middle tbf, remarkable achievement.

Still waiting on the VAR, it's not over yet :D 

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Probably the guy with biggest cojones in current football.
He obviously lacks quality, but just does it again and again in every big game.

Yeah he's such a weird footballer really. By talent he should be nothing more than a midtable target man, but just has the perfect combination of cuntishness, work-rate and nous to be something more.

2 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Anyway, England did well to get this far. Now lets get Harry Kane his golden boot and lets try and stop Belgium doing the double over us. Then on to Euro 2020 where hopefully we build on this success and get the trophy!

We have a bright future ahead of us.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing attackers like Lookman, Sancho and Foden maturing, if they're ready by 2020 then we can really look forward to that

2 minutes ago, DB08 said:

Not with Roy Hodgson having been manager at some point. :herman:

I think Roy had at least a plan, I honestly thing this is the worst England manager, he shouldn't have been anywhere near the job.
All this cheering for him was wasted, he wasted doing anything, every game was the same.
He picked the same 11 and had no idea how to change it, or when to change it.

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

You really need to crawl back into your hole somewhere you sad sad man

Explain how we overachieved? Played two teams we wouldnt expect to beat on paper (though argument to be made we are equal with them) and we lost both games. We won the games in which we were massive favorites. 

Youve got carried away with yourself

4 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Its like we have 1 gameplan. And that gameplan doesnt involve the opposition scoring. So if they do they're clueless what to do

More like our best players are forwards and attacking midfield players and to accommodate that we had to have one central midfielder and two wing backs supplying them. When those players forgot how to or couldn't supply our front players we had no other plan. But then it was kind of always like that because of the limited quality of the squad. I guess a lot of people forgot our limitations when we got to the semis.

7 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Let's be honest, France wouldve destroyed us.

They most likely would have to be honest, England were really found out tonight and Croatia don’t control games anything like France do.

Can’t fault them for it, they lost the game out of lack of maturity, which frankly isn’t their fault for lacking. It’s been a fantastic, unexpected, arguably lucky run, and it’s made the summer quite a lot more fun. 

Just now, westy8chimp said:

Explain how we overachieved? Played two teams we wouldnt expect to beat on paper (though argument to be made we are equal with them) and we lost both games. We won the games in which we were massive favorites. 

Youve got carried away with yourself

World Cup semi finals you moron.

Never seen somebody so desperate for attention on this forums. At least others like superman have clearly been immature idiots. You seem like a sensible guy just desperate for attention. I hope you get what you need.

2 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

World Cup semi finals you moron.

Never seen somebody so desperate for attention on this forums. At least others like superman have clearly been immature idiots. You seem like a sensible guy just desperate for attention. I hope you get what you need.

You clearly missed the thread where he posted his wageslip. Outdid himself in another by claiming he was black.

Archived