Sir Alex Ferguson - 26.5 years. And you?

What is the longest time you have spent at the same club?

mine is 4.5 years - spent at Hereford, Jan 2013 - June 2017. We were a league 2 side. Battled relegation in 2 seasons, and then spent the rest mid table. I just couldn't see a way to move them forward, ran out of ideas, and decided to move on.

Has anyone managed the same club for as long as Sir Alex?

6 years with Bournemouth. 1st year, got myself promoted to Championship. Spent 3 years in the Championship before finally reaching the promised land of the Premier League. After that, 1 year of escaping relegation and got sacked in the final year after relegation.

One of my best saves. Shame the Chairman didn't allow me to try to get back up at the 1st attempt. Perhaps I would reach a minimum of 10 years at the club.

12 years managing St Albans in FM11. They start the game on -10 points in BSS, so it is a fun challenge to try and get them up the leagues! I am currently 4th in the Championship with them! Still going strong.

Fc untied 12-26 got them promoted all the way up to the premiership and came 12th avoiding relegation after been last and ten points off safety,

Manchester united came snooping around and i thought it was time to jump ship, but the board demanded too much from a side that was pretty bare n no squad depth after a poor start to the season, got sacked around feb after getting them into the quarters of the champions league, pep came in and won the bloody thing but still finished 11th :/

I applied for the celtic job and now im trying to get them back winning the league and cups after rangers knocked them off the top the last 3 years

Never managed at a team more than 8 years. Though planning to have a long stay in my current one

Was at Newcastle for 5 years, Athletic Club for 3 years, and have been at Dortmund for a year. Plan to stay 4-5 years here, then move to Liverpool when the job becomes available, and then stay there as long as I can. Hopefully for several decades. I might put some restrictions in to make it tougher, like never paying a player more than 80k or something, so I'll never be able to keep my stars long term.

Sadly my longest stay with one club is only 17 years as Torquay back in Championship Manager 01/02. Got all the way to the Premiership only to get relegated by a point in my first season there. Never been longer than 10 seasons in any FM past 09. Always end up sacked or changing clubs.

Currently attempting to beat this record with FM13 before FM14 is out :p

I managed about 6 years at Liverpool in FM08, before the game corrupted.

In my current save it's a JM and the most I've managed at any club is around 2 calendar years at Everton.

In all but one CM/FM save, I've been a 1-club man, so it's for as long as I play the game in its current iteration. I'm quite slow paced (compared to most people). I'm currently at around 15 seasons in on FM11 with Gloucester - I just had my 800th game in charge.

I do have a tendency to switch national teams though, don't think I've ever managed more than 4 years with the same nation in any save. Currently 3 years in charge of England (my first nation). I've manager Croatia, Turkey, Brazil and a few others on previous versions, but never won anything as a national manager (unless the Confederation Cup counts).

My current save has me 6 and a half seasons with Workington (resigned after administration made the job impossible), 6 and a half with Boston United (sacked), one and a half with Kidderminster (sacked), eight not out with Bristol Rovers.

20 seasons Barcelona CM 97/98.....

I gave up in the end as I had the challenge of winning 10 straight titles and beating Real's 5 straight European Cups... I managed 7 and 3 respectively before blowing it and calling it a day.

13 years and counting as stoke boss fm13 - few close dodgy seasons but buiding a team of youngsters who are just getting into there prime !

I enjoyed my Stoke save a lot. Sadly gave it up because my game crashed and I lost a couple of weeks in which I played (and won) three big games. Got frustrated & started again. Regret it a bit really. My best signing was Viatri from Boca.

Back on topic...

Gosh - some LONG saves here, amazing. I personally get bored when I've won everything and become the best club ever, I did just do 10 seasons using my 'world leagues' database which I created - was a 10 tier league system with the top 180 clubs worldwide in it based on rep. Took a team from the bottom to the top.

San Marino was a long save for me too, took them to the best in the world, and got the SM NT team into the euros - plus took over a San marino league side and got them into the CL - prob 15 seasons worth overall.

Credit to you who can go 30+ without getting bored/wanting a new challenge. Now I'm aiming to go for a long save but with different clubs.

I've had one save since day 1, but now moved onto the 3rd manager within that.

First Manager

Career Days - 41 years 337 days

Longest Time at Club - 9 years 164 days (Como)

Second Manager

Career Days - 42 years 129 days

Longest Time at Club - 12 years 115 days (Partick Thistle)

Archived