What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Having a visual representation of the tactic would be great. How the player position slightly changes on this years version is a slight step towards this (be it very minor). It would be great if you could actually see how your team lines out on the field. This way you could see the defensive shape of your team. How your team would look in transition and then in the attacking phase. If I ask my team to play wider or stay narrower how will it look. If I instruct my team to have a higher defensive line where will it move up to etc.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can actually add the column "Training performance" to your tactical screen or your squad screen, and you get green and red arrows.

I don't know the time frame of those arrows, though. Could be the last 2 days or the last 2 weeks.

Didn't think of that, although i would like to have some more information.

Knowing the time frame would be nice as well.

But it's a simple one that could possibly work for now :thup:

My standard squad screen is already cluttered enough!

It would be great (and I'm sure realistic) to get notes saying 'xxxx is really pushing for a starting place' etc.

Same problem here. I struggle fitting everything i have in there already, so adding another one would be "disastrous" :D

But i second that about the notes.

• SI Staff
New Leagues, Specifically, Ecuador and Paraguay leagues, they need to be in the game.

Ecuador has improved their leagues vastly with 3 WC qualifications in the last 4 WCs and is on the highest paid leagues in South America (Just behind Argentina and Brazil)

Do you help with the research for Ecuador? We need many more researchers for both of those leagues.

Is there any chance we could get a role included for players of "media punto" for players like Pablo Aimar where enganche doesn't quite describe them correctly, as he's a spanish speaking player who has always been known as a media punto?

I'd love to see that level of detail

I tweeted Miles on this and he said to put it in this thread...

On the elevated view could you please allow more zoom out (maybe 10-20 extra clicks) so it looks a lot smaller and gives more of an overview of the pitch. I also think this would be particularly useful to distract from a lot of the quirks of the animations in terms of slow turning/slidiness etc...it would be less noticeable and would automatically enhance the viewing experience of the match itself

I tweeted Miles on this and he said to put it in this thread...

On the elevated view could you please allow more zoom out (maybe 10-20 extra clicks) so it looks a lot smaller and gives more of an overview of the pitch. I also think this would be particularly useful to distract from a lot of the quirks of the animations in terms of slow turning/slidiness etc...it would be less noticeable and would automatically enhance the viewing experience of the match itself

Try watch it in 2D. I think that'll do it for you.

Please do something about the leaderboard, it is a joke right now. What few people that actually care about it likely do not wish to see Super Bolla yet again cheat his way to the top. What he is doing is rendering the whole point of the leaderboards useless. The in game editor has everything anyone could need to make their game custom... at this point perhaps it is time to stop letting people out there profit from game editors that make a mockery of the leaderboards? Just a thought. Thank you to any who take it seriously.

On the staff responsibilities you can set it to hire your own director of football head of youth development and chief scout then all other staff why cant you set it so you can hire your own assistant manager as at the moment it comes under all other staff

Hello all.

I have played this game since it first came out as championship manager, not sure if you guys were the one that made the football manager game(cant remeber the name agin, but it very simuluar as FM serie's) for spectrum 48k lots and lots of years ago like 20 or so. :)

Game been fun and increasingly fun over the years.

But 1 thing i have missed all theese years and still miss. Is the ability to build/expand stadium with graphics to support it. not just ask board for expanding/build new stadium, But the ability to choose how big you want to try and expand/build and new stadium with feature like roof/undersoil heating etc etc.

and i would also like to see an increase in liga system downwards in other country like spain and italy to go futher down the ladder, like england have atm skrill south/north(as it is called in FM14).

i have not tried fm15 atm, but played fm13 and still plays on fm14.

When playing on online game, I would like to see the game automatically paused if we have a connection problem with one or more involved.

The situation is: I'm playing a match against a friend (which is the host), and then my connection is interrupted.

At this moment, the game should be automatically paused, and allow me to reassume my team and continue the match. In Brazil we have lots of forums which makes big online tournaments, and we really miss some features like this.

I never get an answer to this here, why Versus Mode doesn't have Team Talks?

I'm sure it has already been suggested a ton of times, but I'd like to be able to create a number of different set pieces that can be either used randomly or used under certain circumstances.

For example if I'm winning 2-1 with 5 minutes to go I really don't want my central defenders to go up for corners, I'd want them to stay back.

I guess creating the same tactic with different set piece settings is a workaround, especially for us FMC players with no tactic familiarity to contend with.

My first suggestion would be to make a new thread like this when a new version of FM is released. Or am I supposed to wade through all 4500(!) posts to see if it has been suggested before? Not likely to happen ;)

My serious suggestions:

1. Be able to do analysis of a match with time frames, not just the whole match. If I make a change during halftime now, the only thing I will be able to tell is if my formation has moved, but that's well into the second have and only if there are drastic changes. All other stats will usually be so crowded it's impossible to see what's new and what's old. A simple 15 minute intervals for the analysis would be good. If say I change something at around 30 minutes into the game, it would be nice to be able to check at halftime what the last 15 minutes looked like and then compare it with the first 30.

2. Less "event based" conversation options for players. I'd like to tell my player that I will transfer list him at any time, with any reason. E.g. I had a player at the start of a game that was paid almost double what the next guy in the team was. The player was not that good either, so there's no point in me keeping him. I'd like to tell him "You're way overpaid, so I'm going to transfer list you". Or, "Your current pay is too high, so I either have to transfer you, or you have to have to accept a pay cut to stay in the team after this season."

The way it is now, I can hardly interact with my players at the beginning of games. And the interactions are extremely generic.

3. Go back to displaying player roles in the tactic screen the way it was, below the player on the pitch. The new setup is...blaah :)

4. Add the option of comparing own players and scouted players to the league you're in, not just your own team. Sure, the guy who just got scouted as a 4 star for my team will make my team better. But will he be able to compete in the league? My team may be all rubbish, newly promoted, and hardly able to hold their own in the new league. The best of the worst still look good compared with the rest of my team, and so will that "not-so-bad-for-the-league" player I just scouted.

Sure, I can look at the scout report and read "decent for any Premier Division side" but I'd still be able to visualize it somehow with a star rating.

5. Add the option of leaving opposition instructions as they are, even though I change to another pre-loaded tactic. Why would I want to let up on everything I've told the team to do, just because I've changed from 4-3-3 Wide DM to 4-1-3-2 DM? That winger still needs to be closed down, because my assistant has said throughout the game that he will connect with his crosses if we don't. Opposition strengths don't change just because I move a few players around the pitch. The way it is now, the only use for pre-loaded tactics is to set an initial one at the beginning of the game. I thought the main purpose was to quickly change between them in match, as "backup options."

That's it off the top of my head. I'm sure I've got more if I decide to think about it...but right now I'm going back to my game ;)

I'm only wondering if there is or will be the option to sign for a new club starting next season? In real life it happens all the time, coaches committing to another club in March or April and starting the job in July.

Sorry if this already exists, I do own FM15 but I'm still hooked on my FM13 save.

I'd like to be able to send players who've agreed future transfers out on loan. I've got a player on high wages I have no use for. It's January, and I need the space in my wage budget. He's already agreed a Bosman transfer in the summer, but he's comfortably good enough for other clubs to be willing to pay his wages until then.

Chairman and owners appear to be identical and it's only the starting budgets that give you any indication to their style.

Takeovers also seem to follow a pattern;- Club becomes skint, chairman listens to offers, a few bids come in, debt restructured, keep job, carry on with similar budget and expectaions.

Irresponsible owners and chairmen seem to be absent. The game is full of them but not on FM. Tycoons could be rouges and just after the ground, they could borrow recklessly to fund a push for promotion. They may be rich but could still be a tightarse.

There are examples although problematic legally with RL ones such as a the Blackpool chairman looking to take all the money out of the club. Aston Villa's where he cannot sell and is trying to claw back what he's put in. FM does add characteristics too managers and players without any legal action.

And where are the irrational chairmen who will sack a manger after 1 or 2 defeats? FM seems to allow you time even at Leeds. Or a Mike Ashley who will employ someone nobody expected and sticks by him for 4 years even with very average seasons. And can the impact of a chairman's way of running a club restrict them on who they can hire? Only a fool who needs the cash will try his luck at Leeds, Blackpool or Cardiff.

I came across what appears to be a bug, but is apparently normal...however, it's somewhat limiting for LLM managers like me. I cannot scout next opposition with 2 scouts. If I have, for example, one scout with JPA of 10 but tactical of 3, and a second with JPA 4 and tactical 11, it makes sense to me to allow both to scout next opposition, because they will cover each others failings. And it kinda feels like the 'invisible wall' of sandbox games, where you walk to the edge of the playable area and can see beyond but can't access it, to have something the game won't allow.

I came across what appears to be a bug, but is apparently normal...however, it's somewhat limiting for LLM managers like me. I cannot scout next opposition with 2 scouts. If I have, for example, one scout with JPA of 10 but tactical of 3, and a second with JPA 4 and tactical 11, it makes sense to me to allow both to scout next opposition, because they will cover each others failings. And it kinda feels like the 'invisible wall' of sandbox games, where you walk to the edge of the playable area and can see beyond but can't access it, to have something the game won't allow.

That's a good point I hadn't thought of. I always set my Chief Scout as the Scout Next Opposition scout as my CS is always my best one. But your point is a great one.

Speaking of LLM, I play this way too and one of the most irritating things is when I am unemployed, a week always goes by before I can interact again (unless I manually press "browse"). Quite often, I have missed out on jobs in this time. For example, I am unemployed and there are no current available jobs that interest me. I press continue. The game is presented to me one week later and an exciting looking job is available and I have the right experience etc for it. I apply and my inbox is immediately filled with "Application declined as we have completed the interview process." What? How is this realistic? I know this is working as intended but going on holiday and manually stipulating the game automatically applies for jobs for me is abundantly unrealistic.

So changing this would be cool. :thup:

Guest El Payaso

What the game IMO needs is the intensity of real football in the future. When managing a smaller team I would at least like my team to be tough and brave against the bigger teams even though we lose. The current intensity of the game is like watching some legends game where players avoid contacts and we see some 'fantastic' individual performances and everyone is having a good time. For example if you're managing Real Madrid or Barcelona, you're completely missing the intensity of El Clasicos as the teams don't have that 'war' between them that they have in real life.

Watch that and say that those matches don't have the intensity. A little bit of 'violence' returning back to the game would be so cool as now players like Pepe etc. seem more like nice school boys instead of being themselves. The whole physical side of football should finally be introduced as we've been waiting that since we got the match view to the game. Any chance of that happening (ever)?

Tactically I've already given my view but yeah, too simplified and it should take quite a big step in the future in terms of variety and challenge. If someone doesn't like tweaking and properly building tactics there is always FM classic availabe. The full career mode should be made much more challenging as currently it doesn't give any challenge to most of the players.

...maps!...

I know it has been suggested before, and myself has asked about it for years. The answer is that is too hard to code in, i really cant understand that it is so difficult either.

Now you get a mobilephone who can position the club by the researcher. The cords are easy to find. The big job is to visually display the clubs position on a map on the club screen. Today you get that on every personal trainer app.

How great would it to see where in England Leamington resides? And you meet a unknown team, where are they from in England. When you press the map, you also see your neighbouring clubs on the same map.

So i suggest maps this year too :-)

...maps!...

I know it has been suggested before, and myself has asked about it for years. The answer is that is too hard to code in, i really cant understand that it is so difficult either.

Now you get a mobilephone who can position the club by the researcher. The cords are easy to find. The big job is to visually display the clubs position on a map on the club screen. Today you get that on every personal trainer app.

How great would it to see where in England Leamington resides? And you meet a unknown team, where are they from in England. When you press the map, you also see your neighbouring clubs on the same map.

Nobody said it was too hard but there are licensing issues etc, don't rule out seeing it some time as there's a lot of support for it within SI.

Mentioned it before but -

Would be nice to have a screen like the "best 11", but for-

Top ten leading appearances

Top ten leading assists

Top ten leading goal scorers (combined or separated into league/cup/europe)

Top ten leading clean sheets

Even in list form it would be a great addition to have for each club

...maps!...

You can search for those clubs on the internet during game play if you wanted to, thanks 2 seconds.

I'd rather SI concentrate on Football Manager related issues with the game than working on maps - that google, bing, apple etc. have already created and are fully searchable.

I would like to be able to set team selection instructions based on form. For instance if my top players drop form, but a younger player is on fire, the assistant would pick the youth ahead of the regular.

This would also have to be position linked so that players on top form aren't played out of position.

I know I could do this manually, but checking the form of every player prior to each match would take an eternity.

Thoughts?

FM16 - no major match engine bugs and better manager interactions. Improve press conferences or just get rid of them, adding tunnel questions to it was such a bad idea. All it did was give my assistant another task to do. Player interactions had so much potential but you guys messed up player happiness. Match commentary too, improve it or just get rid of it.

just registered player for the club world championship & as always I use it to give my reserves & youth some games anyway I've now got 5 senior player complaining that they were not selected I like to be able to explain that I'm using this competition to give game time to reserve & youth players

To add to this request...

XDmgtnF.png

Believe it or not, all of those players, waiting for a corner, are not all on the same team. This is, in fact, Grantham (in their home kit of black and white stripes, black shorts) versus Hereford (in their home kit of white shirts, white shorts). Of course, with the mud, it's virtually impossible to tell who is who. If Hereford were wearing, say, their second-choice kit (yellow) or even their third-choice kit (orange)... or even if Grantham were wearing their second-choice kit (amber and black) or their third choice kit (sky blue and royal blue hoops!), this wouldn't be a problem. But, for some reason, the game has picked the worst, most-clashing combination. It isn't a problem for the players or the opposing manager, of course, only for us who actually exist and realise there's a horrible, horrible clash.

Please, I beg of you, let us choose which kit each team wears, as the game is not doing it well enough.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed in FM15, I wouldn't know because I stopped buying FM versions before the final patch.

In everything up to FM14 when you send a player out on loan he vanishes out of your control altogether. I know you can specify which role you want him to play and moan at the AI manager if it's not happening, but that's not my issue. Up here in Scotland it's normal for a full-time, professional team to send young players out on loan to local semi-pro teams. When this happens in real-life the young professional will go train with the part-time team the once or twice a week they train and then obviously play competitive matches. However, being a full-time professional he'll also train with his parent club so he's actually getting the amount of training commensurate with being a full-time professional.

I don't know whether or not SI simulates this with a young player on loan under the same in-game circumstances, but I wouldn't like to think that when I send my young Dundee starlet on loan to Montrose he's only training for 4 hours a week at most! :(

To add to this request...

Oh god yes that's been a nightmare for years. Along with the 'white text on pale/bright yellow background or vice-versa' colour schemes FM chooses for some teams when the colours are similar in commentary bars etc. I play a small team in Belgium, it's hellish whenever we play in our third kit because so many of our opponents play in yellow the game messes around with the commentary colours and I can't follow a damned thing which is going on. It's the same with some white/very pale/bright blue schemes. Our third kit is yellow, the opponent plays in predominantly black with a bit of yellow piping. No on pitch problem at all. However, the opponent's club colours are yellow and black, so they get black commentary on a yellow background. What do I get? Pale yellow commentary on a white background! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................

Trying to read white on a pale yellow/blue background is rage inducing as well, but FM seems to think humans have mass-spectrometers for eyes. The whole 'flip the top bar colours' thing just seems like a troll when this is the case. It's a 'pick your poison' toggle and I'm not certain it makes any difference to in-game commentary colours anyway. The game just seems completely arbitrary in what it chooses for those. Surely it shouldn't be too difficult to only match certain colours with black text, particularly when they are pale or bright, and only match darker colours with white text.

It's also amusing when you see the game choose to switch to a team's change strip and it blends completely with the opponent, when there's no clash at all with both 1st kits to begin with. Team A has red shirts, white shorts. Team B has white shirts, white shorts, red socks, so the game changes Team A to their 2nd kit............... which is white shirts O_o

Doesn't happen often, but the fact it does now and again is still enormously frustrating.

Drastically improved interactions, with players, the media, staff, other managers and other players.

More transparency.

Much more granularity in statistics. Let me see average positions, passes, all that jazz in fifteen minute increments. The average positions screen is basically useless if their wingers are switching flanks and they've changed formation twice, y'know?

Generally I'm quite pleased with the state of scouting at the moment. Transfers are in a much better place it seems than they were in FM14, but I'd like to see economies brought more in line with reality. As PSG, United, Inter or Madrid, I shouldn't be signing promising Serbian youngsters from ZFJ Nowhere; I should be signing them from Partizan and Red Star. Players need to move more realistically.

Generally I'm more or less happy with the state of the match engine; it's not perfect but at least some of the problems are new and different. Animations still need to be changed a bit. I'm not complaining about their quality, but more that I don't think they necessarily represent what's happening under the hood accurately. F'r instance, if an opponent intercepts a pass I'd like to see an opponent stepping in the path of a ball, not a simple pass so woefully underhit that the ball completely stops moving less than halfway to its intended recipient. Goalkeepers and corners still need work, as ever.

Idea for FM 2028.

So, like most of us, when I play I fully concentrate on my own team and tend not to take notice of what's happening in other leagues. Not that I don't want to know, but rather I like managing my team better than sifting through news items from other leagues.

Also like most of us, I have a full time job, which is time not spent (or wasted) not playing the game.

It would be amazing if one day, the game could create a custom podcast based on your FM world, with items already included in the game. I'm talking Classico previews in other countries, milestones for players, achievement/records, managers on the brink of getting the sack, conflicts between players and managers, injuries, transfer rumors, players retiring, etc. It would be amazing if you could use the time not playing the game (at work or on your way to) to catch up on what's happening in your FM universe. It would add up to the immersion factor, not to mention maximize your "playing" time.

Wishful thinking? Of course. But it is a wishlist after all... :)

Just wondering if it's possible to add a new feature which shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I'm assuming it's easy as it should be just filtering by a date and having options show up to represent these dates.

Can we have the option of viewing a league table since X landmark. The X would be an option to pick like:

since you were appointed or any other managerial appointment

since a specified signing

since being taken over

since a chosen date

Essentially since any major in game landmark has happened. You could add this as a news item also every so often.

First of all, I really like the new scouting system where you have to scout a player over a longer period of time to more detailed information. But the longer scouting time also introduces a few problems with the growing queue of players to scout and the priority of who to scout first.

Right now you can set the priority of the scouting tasks that are already ongoing (on the Assignments tab of Scouting), but there is no way to prioritize the pending queue of players that are awaiting scouting (the Queue tab of Scouting).

This can cause some problems when you have a long list of players waiting to be scouted, and you suddenly find a potential gem you want to scout ASAP and give high priority. Since he's added to the Queue, there is no way to set the priority.

A simple fix could be to move the priority functionality to the queue instead of the ongoing scouting tasks - that way you could easily tell your scouts who to scout next, and be able to bump certain players to the top of the queue.

I'm sure this has been suggested numerous times before, but dynamic rivalries needs to be a thing. If I beat say, Man United to the title on the last day of the season with Halifax, I would like to see the game consider Halifax and Man United rivals. It's no good being the Premier League when the game still has you rivals with Guiseley, who are still in the Conference North.

I would like the ability to train individual players or groups (i.e. defenders etc) on specifics from the match using the highlights to do so.

For example where a full back gets dragged across and leaves his man or my winger repeatedly tries to shoot from a stupidly tight angle. It would be great to have that conversation and that then flow into their training (cuts the ball back might be a preferred move) and to see these improvements start to filter into the performances week on week. I am certain this is the crux of a lot of game to game training - you always hear of the players re-viewing the matches and focusing on things that didn't go right so I think this would add more realism to the game

Obviously in some cases the player will immediately say "yep - messed up" but in other cases it might help highlight to the manager if his tactics (or application of the combinations into his/her tactics) are causing the problem - i.e. defender pulled across because of a marking approach or something similar etc. Not making tackles because of a setting etc.

I'm sure this has been suggested numerous times before, but dynamic rivalries needs to be a thing.

Definitely this. I've had some great rivalries in the past, the one that springs to mind is this one with Merthyr Town in my 11 tier FM12 game:

dZBZ8KU.jpg

2016/17 BSS - I won the division, they came second

2017/18 BSP - I won the division, they came second

2018/19 L2 - I won the division, they came up through the playoffs

2019/20 L1 - I won the division, they finished 6th

OK, it was 'only' for 4 seasons, but it was a great rivalry while it lasted and you can just imagine the matchday buzz that these games would generate in real life - they must have hated us, their team of a generation being denied their moment in the sun season after season. They did win the L1 title the following season though, so they got their moment in the end, but by then I was away and without their nemesis, they tailed off.

Given how many players like to take a team from the bottom to the top, these rivalries need to be a lot more dynamic and take less time to kick in. Iirc, it only took a season or two for the Forest/Liverpool rivalry to emerge in the late 70's for example.

I'd like to see more personality options in the media interaction, specifically 'jovial', the ability to have a little joke with the media, as some managers do IRL. It would help cultivate some relationships with journalists and some stricter ones might not like it. Also, either instead of, or as well as 'cautious' you could have 'evasive', kind of an in-between cautious and no comment...for example 'the player might or might not play, we haven't decided' etc.

Two issues regarding saving:

1. Add an option to save twice a week. A week can take a long time in a network game, the fewer things we have to repeat in the event of a crash or corrupt save, the better. It happens.

2. On autosave, don't do any more actions until prompted. Having to sit through an autosave and then a manual one to quit is a bit of a nuisance.

How about don't even add any new features next year and just make the game one giant bug bash? That might be more useful time spent than creating new bugs :)

Having said that, I really like the suggestion above:

Please have an option for GK contracts that says that they accept being the second choice keeper. I'm sick of signing a new keeper every year because they sign a backup contract but then complain during the season about lack of first team appearances

Yes, and for all players too. This season is just far too much of this. Please fix it, players from my youth squad should not be asking for first team football or they will leave...

SI should allow the users of the game to report bugs through the game. It can't be that hard to add a button that will stay on every screen that allows the user to report a bug they see there and then, describe it and send it off to SI, which can then automatically identify where the user sees the bug, and which version of the game and DB they are using. Such a small amount of time to spend implementing and it would pay off in dividends for the consumer.

The report a bug would ensure that if there is a major bug, it could be easily identified by the number of reports that identify the same issue. These could take higher priority than a more obscure bug report that only one person submits. You could also enable the automatic sending of pkm's if the bug is reported from the match engine, saving everyone's time having to faff around with ftp's, which, let's face it, the normal user might struggle to figure out how to use it, or just give up.

I would like the possibility to see the estimated cost of each improvement via the board request before going for it. Granted, this is not something boards usually share with managers, but since AI boards tend to have trouble planning ahead, it would be nice to see the predicted impact on the club's finances (maybe metagamey/informal) before requesting it. For example, when I'm managing in a poor league like Ireland and get some money via Europa League, I might consider improving the youth setup, but have no idea how much it would cost in the long run. So a little bit of info like "Upgrade Training Facilities (Estimated cost: 750k, upgrade time: 6 months)" or "Increase Junior Coaching (Current cost: 80k/year, Estimated future cost: 140k/year)" would be useful, I think.

Archived