What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I Dont know if this has been mentioned, but the only thing i would like to add to the game is that once your a legend at a club, you could recomend the manager who takes over, eg: your assistant or any other manager once you leave the club...have the chance to choose better than Alex Ferguson :)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Dont know if this has been mentioned, but the only thing i would like to add to the game is that once your a legend at a club, you could recomend the manager who takes over, eg: your assistant or any other manager once you leave the club...have the chance to choose better than Alex Ferguson :)

...and/or conjunction with that the media often ask you questions about your old club/manager and potential new managers?

I'm not that bothered by the media side of the game but if it's going to be done, it can be used to enhance or add to that side as well I reckon.

I'd like something as simple as better half time team talk options. I'd like to be able to tell the lads to 'push on', look to improve the goal difference, that kind of sentiment. I don't think that's really on offer at the minute.

Would be great to have for each player a bar-graph for his familiarity with the used tactics. For example, would be very useful when you have new players to know their tactics learning level. Don't know if it's already so, but would be also great if the whole team tactic familiarity was an average of the picked players...

Also any chance of the records/history section being a bit more indepth? Such as more details such as top 10 instead of just top 1 and also a few more records such as most goals ever scored in a league/most assists ever. Would love to see records with a bit more history

I'm not sure if I have posted about this here or not, but if I have it's been a while since that.

Scouting potential

My understanding is that the scouts questimate the potential ability of a player from his real PA value. It's not exactly accurate and the star scale that they represent isn't absolute, but the estimation is still based on the factual PA value.

This is just wrong! This is how I think the process should go:

1. Scout looks at the CA value and makes his recommendation. Just like he's always done.

2. Scout looks at player age and makes his initial PA assessment based on how much the players usually gain PA between the current age and the age they usually start declining.

3. Scout looks at personality and makes adjustments over his initial assessment.

This will have the scouts making their evaluations based on the same information that we have available for us. It doesn't matter what the numbers are under the hood, I don't want to know anything about that and I don't want my scouts having a peek either. Think about it. ;)

Something like this would be a good idea I think. I've never liked how a scout can see a young player and (presuming the scout is any good) say roughly how good they will become, based on knowledge of their PA. It becomes possible to just snap up all the highly-rated youngsters, and as long as you develop them right they'll become world class.

There should be a margin of error for all scout reports, even ones from great scouts, and they should be based more on the stats available to us. Granted, it's a difficult question and there's no easy solution, but having scouts accurately tell you how good a player will be does not seem realistic.

Likewise, any players with poor reports in the U21s may as well be sold instantly. They'll never come good.

Essentially, I'm not a fan of the rigidness and reliability of the star rating system, especially in regards to younger players. For older players, or players at the peak of their careers, it's understandable that reports will tell you the player is unlikely to improve much more, and able to assign them a relative rating. But for 18 year olds... The accuracy should be nowhere near the level it is now.

Something like this would be a good idea I think. I've never liked how a scout can see a young player and (presuming the scout is any good) say roughly how good they will become, based on knowledge of their PA. It becomes possible to just snap up all the highly-rated youngsters, and as long as you develop them right they'll become world class.

There should be a margin of error for all scout reports, even ones from great scouts, and they should be based more on the stats available to us. Granted, it's a difficult question and there's no easy solution, but having scouts accurately tell you how good a player will be does not seem realistic.

Likewise, any players with poor reports in the U21s may as well be sold instantly. They'll never come good.

Essentially, I'm not a fan of the rigidness and reliability of the star rating system, especially in regards to younger players. For older players, or players at the peak of their careers, it's understandable that reports will tell you the player is unlikely to improve much more, and able to assign them a relative rating. But for 18 year olds... The accuracy should be nowhere near the level it is now.

I agree with this, scouting should be a longer process than the scout's just watching some youtube videos (hyperbole, I know) or the scouting pool watching just 3 matches at the very most because that's not enough to get enough knowledge about a player however it'd be hard to get enough coverage on enough players - maybe a rough outline by the scouts so that initial assessment is enough to know whether or not to further scout the player in question.

Many good posts above regarding to the scout system.

Here are some suggestion of mine:

* I see in the new FM there introduce the ranging for attributes, but still it seems all attribute will reveal after the first day new signing come to the club, this is unrealistic. I feel for a new player we should need months or maybe even longer to understand all his stats/ppms.

* The range for different type of attribute should be different. Range for physical stats should be smaller and easier to get (shorter time). However the mental stats may be very hard to determine because it is not obvious and need lots of time to find out.

* When a player leave the club, part of his attributes suddenly become hidden. Yes a players stats/ppms may change a lot after leave the club and at least we should always able to see his old stats/ppms.

* Scout a player need more time, especial for those in the lower/small league because there are not much information about them. Not in the next day, impossible.

* Scouts should have very different opinion regarding to PAs. Scout A may feel player X will turn out to be world class, but scout B feel X will not improve much in the future, even if they both top scouts. Finding world class player/determine a player in the future is a gamble with possibility, maybe the best scout have 10% of success rate, but never 100%.

* More ppms, especially for those new-generate young players.

* Still sometimes I confuse with the attributes and the ppms. For example, a player with 20 in long shot should perform lots of long shots in the game, even if without 'like to shoot from long' ppm, because he is good at it. Yes I understand some play may very bad at long shot but 'like to shoot from long' a lot, but still I feel weird about some players very good at something but when there are chance, they don't.

* In the game, when I change the transfer budget into wage budget, the potential signing’s asking price start to raise as well. Feel very weird about this.

* More tactics about the free-kicks. e.g. if the free-kick is in front of the goal at 16-20m, of course I wish my player shot at goal, but if it is at the two side of the pitch, I want them cross to the best header, or if the throw in my half near my box, I want the throw very safe, but if it is close to my opposite's box, I want them throw long, etc.

* I feel the current next opponent report pretty useless, it does not tell me much valuable information . I want something like 'their defender is not tall/Full-back is slow' so I have send a tall target man with a quick winger or 'they just have 5 games in three weeks' so I can increase the speed to gain advantage, etc.

* In the FMC, we can create tactics with some conditions, I think this will be very good idea in the FM tactic as well. For example,

[push up],

[stay in the back]; or [midfielders][defenders][shoot from long], [striker][chase the goal-keeper], [hold position]. That is when we have a player good at long shot and have 'shot with power', if the goal-keeper fail to catch the ball, we have the 2nd chance.

Thanks

Oh yes, I forgot about the staffs.

* I think it is pretty impossible to know the numerical stats for when signing a staff. More realistically, when I interview a prospective scout for my team, I will based on his/her licenses/qualifications, experiences, age, reputation, personality, etc. And still I may find a bad one. Every signing involve some degree of uncertainty, I cannot tell from the beginning he is someone with 17 on judging PA, the only way to tell is time. Anyway, in my FM saves, if I don't do anything crazy and I have lots of injuries, I will sack my physio even if his physio stats is 20.

* We can ppm for player and preference for manager, maybe we should have them for all staffs. E.g. some scouts may master in determine physical and some in technical, based on their past experience. Or some physios master in deal with bone and in with muscle, make sense for me and hence I need lots of staff to cover all. Now I don't know that advantage I get for have 5 instead of 3 physios.

* Introduce some random event. E.g. fight in the dressing room, over-speed driving, marriage and new babies, thief stolen, financial crisis for a nation, etc. Would be very interesting. In real, man-management is a very big part of a manager's job.

* Please make better new-generate face and hairstyle. When I manage a Chinese team, one out of every five 16 years old new-gens are bald, I grow up in China and I hardly see a bald man if I stand on the street for a whole day.

Starting with Managing Reserve/Youth teams

This has probably been mentioned countless times, but I'll mention it again in conjunction with the introduction of coaching badges (I think they are new! I did not play the last 2/3 years of FM) and try and explain why I'm suggesting it.

Realistically, few players do their badges while playing and then go on to manage a "big" or higher level club, e.g. Roy Keane at Sunderland. Whereas managers with no or limited football expereince like André Villas-Boas or José Mourinho work their way up at clubs as scouts/youth coaches etc (No I'm not suggesting Football Scout 2016).

I'm not saying when you start a new game, your previous is Sunday league and therefore you arent allowed to manage Real Madrid, my suggestion would be to implement a new type of manager, along being unemployed or starting as unemployed with a basic badge to manage the reserve team of a Blue Square North/Conferance Team. E.g. Barnet have a Academy Manager who I'm guessing manages the reserve/youth teams.

So in case the above did not make any sense (which I'm sure it didn't).

I would love to start a new game unemployed, with the lowest level coaching badges (I have none), Sunday League experience (don't even have time to do that) and would love to be offered a job at Barnet to manage their academy and possibly work my way up to Barnet Manager? In addition, with a bit of expereince (managing and more badges) and sucess even get offered a manager position at another club (lower or same division) or even to manage a nation (San Marino level)/England U17 etc etc.

I understand its not for all, for example managing Barnet U17s with no transfers, not having a influence over training and possibly even being told by the manager to play a certain tactic or player. However, I do think this is realistic.

Note: I would appreciate views whether they are positive or negative and possibly how to implement it or make it better, etc.

I like this idea, i'm all for realism and difficulty as it should be more like real life if its to be a simulator. Whether its feasible i don't know, might be a few years away even if it was, but I think its a good idea. I look at Guardiola, and now Luis Enrique, managed Barcelona B then ended up managing the senior squad.

Would be nice to go to a club that has a similar philosophy of education and promoting within and start as U-19's manager as said, this also allows then to develop 'working with youngsters' categories which for someone like myself who prefers finding and producing talent than buying it would be ideal as it also benefits my managerial attributes long term. I like this idea here

Purely aesthetic and apologies if this has been brought up in previous posts: why do stadiums which have running tracks around the pitch in real life don't have them in the game? Just a query!

because I'm pretty sure it's a generic stadium (or was), rather than a personalised one

wouldn't mind seeing it for a few of them

When you join a new club and you have to gut the staff and practically start over bringing in your own people, invariably, this will mean long lists of potential candidates. It would be nice if you could either remove people who have rejected your contract offer from the list, or at least be able to mark them in some way. It's very confusing to remember who you've already offered a deal to or not without going back out and looking at the transfer page. Make sorting through staff that have rejected you already easier please!

A feature I've been wondering about recently is the option to do a "Fantasy Draft" when the game starts.

Fantasy Drafts are a standard feature on most american sports games, all players in a league are released to be free agents, teams are then randomly assigned a number (Premier League would be 1-20 for example) and then choose 1 player per round for however many rounds it takes to fill out their squads (in FM you could have the option for either an 11 or 23 round draft so players can choose either a full starting 11 or full squad.)

It would be a pretty fun feature to have, and would be a great addition for Online play.

Is this at all a possible future addition?

This has probably been mentioned countless times, but I'll mention it again in conjunction with the introduction of coaching badges (I think they are new! I did not play the last 2/3 years of FM) and try and explain why I'm suggesting it.

Realistically, few players do their badges while playing and then go on to manage a "big" or higher level club, e.g. Roy Keane at Sunderland. Whereas managers with no or limited football expereince like André Villas-Boas or José Mourinho work their way up at clubs as scouts/youth coaches etc (No I'm not suggesting Football Scout 2016).

I'm not saying when you start a new game, your previous is Sunday league and therefore you arent allowed to manage Real Madrid, my suggestion would be to implement a new type of manager, along being unemployed or starting as unemployed with a basic badge to manage the reserve team of a Blue Square North/Conferance Team. E.g. Barnet have a Academy Manager who I'm guessing manages the reserve/youth teams.

I would love to start a new game unemployed, with the lowest level coaching badges (I have none), Sunday League experience (don't even have time to do that) and would love to be offered a job at Barnet to manage their academy and possibly work my way up to Barnet Manager? In addition, with a bit of expereince (managing and more badges) and sucess even get offered a manager position at another club (lower or same division) or even to manage a nation (San Marino level)/England U17 etc etc.

I understand its not for all, for example managing Barnet U17s with no transfers, not having a influence over training and possibly even being told by the manager to play a certain tactic or player. However, I do think this is realistic.

Note: I would appreciate views whether they are positive or negative and possibly how to implement it or make it better, etc.

Yeah I agree. A lot of people have been campaigning for things like this in the past. Personally I have always wanted the possibility to become a director of football, continental style. So no tactics, training or line-ups. Just completing transfers, arranging friendlies, managing the staff (responsibilities and signing/sacking), setting scouting assignments and hiring/sacking managers. And yes I realize that a lot of people will think that I'm mad, but it's just something I would like.

I like this idea, i'm all for realism and difficulty as it should be more like real life if its to be a simulator. Whether its feasible i don't know, might be a few years away even if it was, but I think its a good idea. I look at Guardiola, and now Luis Enrique, managed Barcelona B then ended up managing the senior squad.

Would be nice to go to a club that has a similar philosophy of education and promoting within and start as U-19's manager as said, this also allows then to develop 'working with youngsters' categories which for someone like myself who prefers finding and producing talent than buying it would be ideal as it also benefits my managerial attributes long term. I like this idea here

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to hear some opinions of fellow gamers regarding this.

Yeah I agree. A lot of people have been campaigning for things like this in the past. Personally I have always wanted the possibility to become a director of football, continental style. So no tactics, training or line-ups. Just completing transfers, arranging friendlies, managing the staff (responsibilities and signing/sacking), setting scouting assignments and hiring/sacking managers. And yes I realize that a lot of people will think that I'm mad, but it's just something I would like.

What has the response been from the community and SI regarding these suggestions?

Community: Quite favorable if I remember correctly.

SI: Can't remember very well to be honest.

One of the things that was said at the time, is that there is already an option to start unemployed, which sort of looks like what you are saying but is not completely the same. I think that one of the difficulties is that a lot of the clubs have no or very little U18's squads and you'd start with a squad full of regens if you become U18's manager a the start. One could ask if that's what you want.

EDIT: My memory isn't as good as it has been. But I know for sure that this has been discussed before. Have you tried searching it?

Community: Quite favorable if I remember correctly.

SI: Can't remember very well to be honest.

One of the things that was said at the time, is that there is already an option to start unemployed, which sort of looks like what you are saying but is not completely the same. I think that one of the difficulties is that a lot of the clubs have no or very little U18's squads and you'd start with a squad full of regens if you become U18's manager a the start. One could ask if that's what you want.

EDIT: My memory isn't as good as it has been. But I know for sure that this has been discussed before. Have you tried searching it?

I tried using the phrases "youth manager" which didn't bring up anything...oh well, thanks for the reply mate.

I want a huge text file of configuration variables most of which effect the match engine. Like the editor, this effectively is a "cheat", or something. But issues which we all know will crop up, such as too many goals from corners, never scoring from a direct free kick, bad goalkeeper AI, etc, could be looked at by a much larger group of folks then SI can hire, and the users are given the option of which flaws they want in their game.

It would also effect difficulty level, although quite indirectly - such as if there is a corner setup that is "too good", the file could be edited to make the AI defend better against it. Of course, you could simply not use that (perhaps "exploit") corner setup in the first place.

Most players would either not touch it, or simply download various versions from fellow players. Few would systematically check it and suggest improvements to SI, or make their own files for others to play with.

What has the response been from the community and SI regarding these suggestions?

On the director of football? I think I saw an interview with Miles and he says there is an app (my impression was i-pad or android, but I could be totally off base) developed by one of SI's employees which does this very well, so it is available if you want it, and SI are not going to pursue it.

On the director of football? I think I saw an interview with Miles and he says there is an app (my impression was i-pad or android, but I could be totally off base) developed by one of SI's employees which does this very well, so it is available if you want it, and SI are not going to pursue it.

Thanks for the reply but it was more in regards to the youth/reserve manager.

Iirc people most often suggest reserve team manager in this respect.

I'm blind, I've just looked at 10 pages worth of thread titles and from the titles there was nothing specific about this.

I then searched posts and found this link - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/48875-Non-manager-jobs-in-FM?highlight=reserve+team+manager from 2008 and in fact this thread as well from 2008 - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/14469-I-want-to-be-an-Assistant-Manager...-%28A-new-idea-!%29?highlight=reserve+team+manager (note last post :) )

Either way, I'm sure like others have mentioned above, it's day will come :)

I want a huge text file of configuration variables most of which effect the match engine. Like the editor, this effectively is a "cheat", or something.

I don't think it's a cheat - it affects all teams equally. This is what OOTP Baseball does - you can tweak the parameters to the simulation, so if you want your game to simulate a more home run heavy era, you got it. If you want more strikes, you got it. You can even set the game to dynamically evolve as you play. Definitely something that should be in FM.

Over the last couple of versions, they've brought in staff (principally the DoF) to take care of some of the football related matters than you don't want to get involved in, personally, I'd like to see the inclusion of maybe a finance manager type who takes more care of the money side of things. I'm not having that every manager is as involved with the finances as you HAVE to be currently on FM. Some managers are JUST football people. I'd like the option to be able to focus more on just being a FOOTBALL manager and not a financial control expert.

I don't think it's a cheat - it affects all teams equally. This is what OOTP Baseball does - you can tweak the parameters to the simulation, so if you want your game to simulate a more home run heavy era, you got it. If you want more strikes, you got it. You can even set the game to dynamically evolve as you play. Definitely something that should be in FM.

I love the idea of being able to evolve the game as it plays out. Specifically, I would like emerging football nations to progress.

Oh I completely agree it effects all teams equally, but only the file editor knows ahead of time what the differences will be. For example, maybe I tweak something making the offside trap never work. Will the AI pick this up? Maybe, but the job of SI to check that the AI is behaving reasonably will be made vastly harder due to the complexity inherent in trying to adjust to any possible set of parameters.

I'd like more flexibility when moving/expanding/building a stadium. Sure, it is unrealistic to build two new stadia in quick succession - but it is also unrealistic to be in the English Premier League with a 12000 seat stadium that we're unable to replace or upgrade due to zoning.

Also, when considering a team to join as manager, I would like to know the potential for the stadium to expand. Is it maxed out already?

Over the last couple of versions, they've brought in staff (principally the DoF) to take care of some of the football related matters than you don't want to get involved in, personally, I'd like to see the inclusion of maybe a finance manager type who takes more care of the money side of things. I'm not having that every manager is as involved with the finances as you HAVE to be currently on FM. Some managers are JUST football people. I'd like the option to be able to focus more on just being a FOOTBALL manager and not a financial control expert.

Agreed. 8 characters.

scott MUFC:

They happen, though. Try to keep a record of shots vs woodwork. You'll see that the average is something like 17-20 shots per woodwork. Sometimes slightly more, sometimes slightly less, but it eventually averages out.

As for what I want to see one of these FMs...

A Statistical Almanac

Why can Front Office Football 2007 record every single NFL player's statistics across 50+ categories through hundreds of seasons, and FM can't do the same for my club's players? I'm not asking for complete records on millions of players across dozens of seasons - just my team's. Or maybe my league's? This would be a massive convenience feature for me, and a real boon to anyone who plays 10+ seasons in a save.

Assistant Managers actually assisting.

Always thought Assistants should offer us more especially if you get someone in with a bit of experience they could suggest a lot more on the tactical front than they currently do, should really be an easy option to see eaxctly what formation and players your assistant would play. Maybe if you feel your defending well but not creating enough chance you could get in an assistant that specialises in that area like Harry did with Hoddle recently.

Also come to you with a suggest of a player that would really fit with the way you play.

Personally feel that if you not getting enough out of your team hire a new assistant should make a massive change to how the game runs than it currently does. If you suddenly get in Mourinho as an assistant you would expect him to be throwing you ideas all over the place and if you didnt listen to him he would leave.

Especially would want this developed more as there has been FM saves or even games I have struggled in and could really do with some ideas of ways to play to get more out of the players or point me in a a direction on where I'm going wrong.

I really think you would get more people stick around and enjoy FM more if this was developed more.

Suggestions to improve national team management :

- Training : improve and track progress on team cohesion, set-pieces , tactics, etc during international gatherings.

- Preferred Staff :

If you had coaches at previous clubs , chances are that some of them would follow you to manage the national team.

Number of staff allowed should be determined by your federation.

- Players conflict :

Some players have notorious personal issues with their peers . National coaches constantly need to deal with this, and build their squads with this mind. If they still choose to assemble a squad with high risks of burst-up for example, they take the risk to fail miserably.

Conflicts should also occur at clubs level by the way, I am not sure how this can be implemented without creating legal issues.

-Player talks :

explain non-selection , etc ,

- Media :

More exchanges between clubs managers and the national coach ( players form, discussion on game time, etc ... ).

Increased communication from your federation ( meetings, etc )

More media comments / criticism overall on any event that can affect the national team ( selection, captaincy, etc , ...) or any other topic within the world of football.

- Multiple citizenship :

ways to convince a dual-national to choose to play for your country.

- Scouts and Coaches should be much more wrong their stars until the player plays enough games on the level his CA/PA is. For example they will never see a PA of 160 until the player plays many games against 140-150 CA players. There is always risk involved signing a player from a lower ranked league in real life. In real life you could buy the star player or top talent of the netherland top division and he will be crap in the german bundesliga. I would even hide his real CA until he is scouted against strong teams, so when a player with 160 CA plays in romania i don't see his CA for sure but instead ranged values like it will be with the new scouting system. I need to scout him for many games in the Champions League for example to see his real stats, scouting him in romania will never reveal the stats.

- Playing young players should be much more risk involving, they should be much more inconsistend in there performances. There is a reason most teams only play youngsters because the don't have the money to sign players. Even David Alaba and Philipp Lahm didn't made their breakthrough when in Bayern, but when they where on loan.

- Loaning players should be much better, atm it often does more harm then good.

- The development of young players should be much more unpredictable, it could be even stalling for years with the possibility that they will never start develop well again. Even with high PA and constant playtime. Happens in real life very often, for example Draxler didn't develop to well since english clubs started having interest in him, Götze didn't make any progress in the first year in Bayern, highly talented players like Schlaudraff, Baumjohann are not even close to reaching there potential and now playing for low level clubs.

Russian youngsters for example don't develop well, because they have high valued contracts and guaranteed play time because of their nationality. Best example is Dzagoev, highly rated when very young but with no improvement since then.

Doesn't happen in FM, if i have a 160PA player and i start playing him when he gets 16 he will reach that potential al the time.

- Maybe you shouldn't see the stats of young players at all )not even your own), just some general coaching tips like strong in the air, weak in passing, fast, etc..

Would really appreciate the addition of a "Set all intensity" button on the individual training screen, or a "raise/lower intensity" button could work. Would save the repetition of setting everyone, or if you want to lower the intensity towards the end of the season etc.

That sidebar has a lot of potential. Would be great if you could individualize the bar, meaning that one would be able to add any screen you want to the bar. So the screens that you spend the most time with would be more accessible.

This might be a bit trivial; but I would like the director of football to hunt down staff members and approach them (which is in the game)

BUT

I would like to be the one who finalizes the deal; just like signings for the first team for example.

Archived