What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foul Throws

Players encroaching at free kicks.

Players being slow to retreat at the spot of free-kicks.

More horrendous refereeing errors in general (just for the lulz when kids go ape in GQ as a result)

A return to players assaulting each other on the field of play. Haven't seen a decent left-hook in FM for years.

The ability to request the installation or removal of Synthetic pitches. My small Belgian club has three teams playing home games in the same stadium. The pitch is wrecked by Christmas every single year, yet the board keeps relaying grass pitches.

Oh yeah - And rogue/dodgy Chairmen/Directors. Would be cool to be busted by HMRC mid-season, have the club plunged into Admin and two thirds of the squad immediately released.

I usually begin my career in Spain in one of four 2-b divisions. To avoid confusion - this is the third level of Spanish football after La Liga and Liga Adelante and the lowest playable in the game. When teams form third division (the forth level, that is unplayable in the game) are promoted to 2-b, they don't have managers and are most likely your destination, if you start the game as an unemployed. They don't have manager, they don't have staff, in most cases they don't have anybody except the president. How is that possible? Who led them to promotion? Were all these managers fired because of and immediately after their success? I think this needs to be changed. It's unrealistic. Every team must have a manager, even if it plays beyond the actual game's limits. Real manager or generated - doesn't matter. But there should be one.

I'm only wondering if there is or will be the option to sign for a new club starting next season? In real life it happens all the time, coaches committing to another club in March or April and starting the job in July.

Sorry if this already exists, I do own FM15 but I'm still hooked on my FM13 save.

You can delay the contract until the end of the season with job offers but it is not working properly, as the contract you agree on will not carry forward to the end of the season and you have to renegotiate all over again. I learned this the hard way when I went from an accepted offer of 11K per week with 25% yearly wage raise to them offering me 850/week and walking away when I asked for more (Hapoel Haifa).

I just responded to another post, and it made me think. There is one major thing that needs improving....interactions. IMHO, all the interactions, be it with the board, the fans, the players, aren't exactly 'broken', more like programmed. I had fans peeved that I, in 11th, lost to the team in 5th (away) just because we'd won 11 on the bounce. Fan reactions don't seem to take into account the calibre of your team or that of your opponents. OK, any real fan would be devastated to see a long run come to an end, but there is no acknowledgement of this in game....it's all about the result on the day. Form, ability, league position don't seem to affect the response. This also applies to the board.

Same goes with the players. If one plays badly against a much better team, and you give him a calm nudge to push on, or plays badly against an inferior team and you give him a good, stiff, metaphorical kick up the behind, scuse my language, you get the same response. A player should be more contrite/concerned/embarrassed about a bad performance against a bad team. Also they don't seem, I might be wrong, to react differently to the level and severity of talking to you give.

And speaking of boards, have you ever walked into a club where half your first team are injured, six of the rest are WBLs, ones a 44 year old MC who couldn't pass the salt, you have 1 striker, and you're expected to win the league?? Board expectations seem to be based entirely on the reputation of the club and current club situations have absolutely no bearing on them. Last year, in FM14, Wrexham were in dire need of an extensive, top to bottom rebuild, yet I was expected to 'push for promotion', when I knew that the entire season was going to be spent re-developing an ageing, slow, poor quality, injury prone team. I tried to do both, impossible. I got fired every...single...time.

The whole interaction thing needs re-working, I don't know how but players, fans, the board......all need an overhaul to be more flexible and able to acknowledge and respond to real-time situations. Fans need to acknowledge you were playing a much higher opposition, even in your own league, and that you're doing great for that long unbeaten run that's hauled a team from 22nd to 10th (my current game lol). Boards (and fans) need flexibility to admit, for example, that ok you're one of the best teams in the division on reputation, but at the moment the squad is in transition so for this season lets go for a midtable position and concentrate on a decent, money spinning cup run etc. And players need to know the difference between getting scolded for playing badly against Chelsea or Chelmsford. (No offence Chelmsford!)

Possibly my fault on the Row Z Free kicks. Changed it to aim for best header and suddenly shots were hitting the target and Zarate actually scored directly from the free kick!! Having said that his finishing and free kick stats are quite high whereas Fuchs who usually takes them has free kick and crossing stats that are high but poor finishing. Therefore I suspect that Fuchs is better at wide free kicks delivering into the box due to his crossing stats but Zarate is better at central free kicks aimed as a shot on goal due to his finishing stats. Unfortunately as far as I can see the game does not allow you to place players on a particular free kick like Fuchs for wide kicks and Zarate for central. Considering the stats may come into play here maybe an option for SI to look at to allow this in future?

Additional transfer clauses.

Instead of fixing it to a 10/20/30/40/50 league appearances money, I should be able to fix it like for every 10 league appearances, I can receive a certain amount of money. Currently, if a player doesn't make 50 league appearances, I do not receive any money.

These additional clauses are already made for some players by researchers. We could do with it in game during a transfer negotiations.

Eg.

0BhWgn0.png

Player positioning

Player positioning on the pitch, offensively and defensively, is so important for your team to play how and where you want. It's something Pep Guardiola talks about constantly, and obsessively.

One of the older versions of the game had this option, where the pitch was split into 12 segments, 4 down and 3 across. Then when you click on a segment, it shows the team shape if the ball was in that segment (for both offensively and defensively). I'd love to see this brought back. It brought me a lot of success for things like positioning the attacking mid in the 6 yard box when a winger is delivering the ball from the byline, and putting the striker on the far post etc. Also useful for dropping my anchor man back into defence when defending deep to be a false centreback etc.

Please bring it back.

One of my biggest bug bears in FM is the lack of quality feedback the game gives you, and I also believe that much of the feedback around injuries etc can be attributed to this.

I would suggest a monthly meeting with your assistant manager, whereby you converse over your views. An example of this might be

AM "Boss, we're training the players quite hard, with the fixture congestion coming up we might want to think about toning it down a bit"

AM "Boss, we're suffering injuries because we're training the players straight after games"

I know these are very specific, but a little more useful direction & feedback from the game would be good.

SI should allow the users of the game to report bugs through the game. It can't be that hard to add a button that will stay on every screen that allows the user to report a bug they see there and then, describe it and send it off to SI, which can then automatically identify where the user sees the bug, and which version of the game and DB they are using. Such a small amount of time to spend implementing and it would pay off in dividends for the consumer.

The report a bug would ensure that if there is a major bug, it could be easily identified by the number of reports that identify the same issue. These could take higher priority than a more obscure bug report that only one person submits. You could also enable the automatic sending of pkm's if the bug is reported from the match engine, saving everyone's time having to faff around with ftp's, which, let's face it, the normal user might struggle to figure out how to use it, or just give up.

This one, definitely.

Is it possible to include a testimonial option in the drop down menu for friendlies? The flow would be something like: Arrange friendlies > Testimonial > List of eligible players for it > (optional) List of teams eligible

Since the testimonial feature was implemented, I've liked it, and hoped it could be improved upon. I've already had two called back at Everton due to schedule issues, and I don't agree that the tests should be a random occurrence.

I've searched this thread and, spelling notwithstanding, there doesn't seem to be any mention of sports psychologists. Any chance of this being a staff role in future? A lot of clubs employ them these days and, though definitely a luxury and not necessarily an automatically approved role by the board, it would be interesting to see any changes to players (or not) as a result of a head doctor. Or how it would work...

My wishlist would be to add nothing and spend a year fixing and improving all the new stuff that's been released in the last few years and making good on it. Player interactions, team talks, the new transfer system etc - if they all worked properly and logically I think FM15 would've been the best game yet, as it is the enjoyment is ruined periodically when the game does something utterly ********.

Oh and make it harder.

In the import tactics window I wish we could see a preview of the tactic formation. When I'm experimenting with tactics, sometimes I might see promising results and I'd save them down to test and tweak later, when you have a lot of tactics it can get confusing despite how well you name them. There is already space on the right hand side for the preview thumbnail to show.

Something I find weird that hasn't been added yet, because you see it in a lot of sports simulation games.

I want lists, lots of lists.

Rather than just seeing who the current top scorer of a team/league/nation is, I want to see a top 10/20/30/5000(hyperboling) lists of who the top scorers are, of active players, non-active players etc. So that I can quickly see what players are close to breaking all-time records.

Right now you can only see the top records, any everything below that just vanishes forever. Once a new record is set, the old one can't be found anymore, and I find that dissapointing for a text-based simulator like FM.

And there need to be more categories quite frankly... Whilst we get to see the highest top scorer of past seasons (e.g. Andy Cole), we don't get to see the all-time top scorer (e.g. Alan Shearer), or even the most clean-sheets record (David James), or the player with the most hat-tricks (Shearer again)...

Then you also have past-season stats. Everything that happened in the first season and gets shown on player/team stats vanishes into the ether after the roll-over date. We can watch back league tables of every season, but why can't this be extended to every seasonal stat?

I'm a stat-junkie, the more stats I get to trawl through, the more I love a game. And I see other sports sims giving me the option of looking up so much more record data and so on, it's dissapointing that FM lacks that pure statistical depth.

Not everyone is going to be interested in this, but it will add a craptonne more depth to the game just being able to see lists and lists of various stats. Being able to find out which player has the highest average rating over all the seasons combined without having to check every single player's history page.

Get me more lists and stats to look through, and I'm a happy man!

I would like the possibility of 'game changing events' occurring which rewrite the rules of the game in some way. For example:

- A country could join or leave the EU, imposing/removing restrictions from players from that country.

- A country's teams could get banned from European competition for x years.

- The structure of a country's pyramid could chance (e.g. maybe the Premier League goes down to 16 teams).

- New rules are imposed or relaxed on a league - e.g. longer/shorter disciplinary suspensions, more/less foreign players allowed, transfer windows change etc.

- A particular country's government invests heavily in football causing a lot of good youngsters to emerge from that country in 5-10 years. Or the opposite.

You get the idea. Note that I think these events should be rare and you should be able to choose whether they are included in a new game or not. The idea would be that those of us who like to play long saves of 20+ seasons could, if they choose, have their game evolve in completely unique ways.

Would love to be able to have my team change formation automatically.

Let's say I start the game 4-4-2. If at any point I get into a 2 goal lead it auto switches to 4-5-1 with tactical instructions to boot.

Or start off 4-4-2 and if I'm not winning by the 75th minute,auto switch to 4-2-4.

Would imagine it would be hard to include as the different options for all the different scenarios would be endless.

It would make the game feel "advanced" though imo.

Only played the demo so don't know if its there already.

When setting up a game would it be possible to warn the user if their choice of leagues and database size is going to cause problems with the transfer market. In FM14 you can flood the market with too many players for the leagues you have chosen and never get warned that you're about to do that. It would be nice if you chose the leagues you wanted and then the game suggested a database size for you and explained why it was appropriate.

Two small things I'd like to see:

- The option to change colour (maybe even the design) of kits every season or every two seasons. It could be implemented that the board would only allow certain colours (in most occasions being similar to the current ones) could be used for the home kits and maybe with a bit more freedom on the away and third kits. The board could be very strict or lax about it, or it could be done for you without your input until you've been at the club for a while. They may even force you to change your kit to a whole different colour, mush to the annoyance of the fans.

- In the staff responsibilities section, there is a feature to have only the manager being the one to finalise transfers into the club, but not one to allow the manager to have the final say on players leaving. There is no option of allowing a DoF (or any other staff member) to do all the legwork in selling a player whilst retaining the final say. I lost a good player to an awful deal when a bid came in below the minimum I'd set that was made up of mostly installments and appearence clauses and the like, the bid was accepted, finalised and the player gone all after one continue press. :(

One big thing I'd like to see:

- All of the nice bits from FML put into the game. Match plans, youth academies, stadiums, customisation, etc. :D

Something very simple, I'd love to know what a player’s original attributes was at the start of the game/when he joined me and at the current date of looking, instead of using screenshots to measure this.

E.g. A player I bought at 21 was 14 for finishing but is now 18, surely there should be an easier way then screenshoting players when they first arrive to your club etc.?

Hi everyone

I hope this thread is still active.

I just was wondering wheter it would be possible to indicate the individual training progression ?

The problem is that at the moment that you change the individual training for a player, you cannot see exactly how much he benefited from the former individual training as you don t have any indication about the exact time lapse he spend on it.

It would be anough to indicate on the graphic with another colour the exact time the player spend on training this caracteristic...

Hi everyone

I hope this thread is still active.

I just was wondering wheter it would be possible to indicate the individual training progression ?

The problem is that at the moment that you change the individual training for a player, you cannot see exactly how much he benefited from the former individual training as you don t have any indication about the exact time lapse he spend on it.

It would be anough to indicate on the graphic with another colour the exact time the player spend on training this caracteristic...

1. Revert to FM 2014 tactics screen layout.

2. Get rid of the sidebar, make it fully customizable or put it on top.

3. Work through the software lifecycle in spiral (adding stuff little by little on already formed core) rather than the iterative process.

4. Revert the player interaction to the code used for FM 14 which was spot on imo.

5. And most importantly, improve AI squad building.. I know this is the most difficult of the bunch, but it'd yield the most satisfying and far-reaching results.

In posts #1051, #1235, #2984 I requested to be able to choose the kit colours before the match, because the game is lousy at picking up clashes.

KlQ4ZWh.png

Seriously, I'm gonna keep wishing until it happens.

This one is a Chinese Super League match between Baxy and Fuli. Interestingly, the game has picked possibly the worst combination of home/away colours out of all of those available.

The home side, Baxy, are in their all-white home kit. Their away kit is all-blue.

Fuli are wearing their home shirts of blue and white stripes- their away shirts are also be white, but the stripes is not an improvement. Furthermore, they are still wearing their white away shorts, with their home blue socks. Why they're not wearing their blue home shorts is anyone's guess.

Allowing the user to select the kits would mean we could put Baxy in all-blue, and Fuli in all-white- both in their away strips. Perhaps not the most realistic solution, but one that is necessary so that we can actually tell the two teams apart.

Incidentally, I can't, of course, zoom in any closer on this Elevated view, as it cuts off the goalposts because the camera doesn't move far enough to the right any more.

Assistant advice to the personality and preferences of assistant. I've noticed every assistant I've ever had always seems to be worrying about having more possession. Whenever I go with a gameplan that's defensive and with the purpose of conceding possession they all still nag me about "we're having little possession, make these changes to have more". It may be that since I don't look what kind of tactics my assistant uses I've had the luck of picking always people who like possession football, but considering I've had them also when managing in lower leagues, like French third level, I'm suspecting it's all of them worrying about getting possession at all costs.

I might add some way for the game to guess you're setting up to not worry about possession and make advice for a direct strategy.

An algorythm to make the commentary text enough contrast to be readable and prevent such colour combinations as light yellow over white, dark blue over black and such that are impossible to read.

Lifted from a separate thread.

If I want to know where my players are in the match(3d of course), I have to click on everyone in the beginning with CTRL.

That is not very elegant, as I need to this every single match.

I need to know where my players are, also those not near the ball.

Perhaps SI have thought that too many names will confuse the user, but let me be the judge of that. I have no issues whatsoever with names on all my players, but it sucks having to click on them every match.

I am less interested in any of my opponents players - but make that optional as well(perhaps different textcolour).

A small but welcomed improvement would be to have a pop-up asking us if we'd really want to do it if we click on the "rush out" button during press conferences. I've accidentically clicked that more than once when I've intended to click on the button to not hold a Press Conference after buying a new player. :)

Like with all pop-ups it could be disabled for those who would not want it.

Probably been mentioned already but the ability to accept/reject loan offers based on squad status would be really handy. its a pain having to sort through 30 odd loan offers to find the 2 or 3 that promise first team football, even when you say they must be a key player when you offer them out

I would like an option to have the real players at the start have regen faces, this would save having to download 7gb player facepacks. It would be better than looking at silhouettes.

The regen faces should be improved too, they look too cartoony.

Will there ever be possible to make money by more detailed financial management or just have influence, rather than just selling players or wait for the board to do something?

Because I generally try from a small club to make big, and i miss options about financial managment.

Idea for FM 2028.

So, like most of us, when I play I fully concentrate on my own team and tend not to take notice of what's happening in other leagues. Not that I don't want to know, but rather I like managing my team better than sifting through news items from other leagues.

Also like most of us, I have a full time job, which is time not spent (or wasted) not playing the game.

It would be amazing if one day, the game could create a custom podcast based on your FM world, with items already included in the game. I'm talking Classico previews in other countries, milestones for players, achievement/records, managers on the brink of getting the sack, conflicts between players and managers, injuries, transfer rumors, players retiring, etc. It would be amazing if you could use the time not playing the game (at work or on your way to) to catch up on what's happening in your FM universe. It would add up to the immersion factor, not to mention maximize your "playing" time.

Wishful thinking? Of course. But it is a wishlist after all... :)

That would be awesome. You could also just go to some J-school at your local college and hire some kids to do that for you weekly. Send them your save file every week, they do the research of the news stories, and then they make a sports podcast about it and send it back to you. I bet they could be paid in Ramen.

Another few improvement ideas:

1) I already posted the idea of showing the concrete impact of individual training by changing the colour for the time lapse of individual training on the progress graphic.

2) In the youth management menu, their should be a direct link to the youth squad's competition.

3) In the Competition menu, their should be a direct access to all the leagues of the country you're playing in.

4) Their should absolutely be a hotkey for scouting. It really is hell to ask one of you re scouts to observe a player for a certain time or number of matches when you'are playing without a mouse. A hotkey could really simplify this...

5) When playing with national teams, when scoring, the number of goals by competition (and all time) of the players should be indicated.

6) When I m asking my scout to make a report on a player, he sends me several match report. I can't understand why these dont show the rating of the players match. It would spare me to click on the player each time...

It would be good to have the option to tell players why you're not offering a contract or breaking off contract negotiations. I had to pull out of a contract because the agent wanted a 4 million pound fee, which was almost 3 times as much as the players loyalty bonus. I'm fairly sure the player would have been delighted that his move had just been scuppered by his agents greed.

Also I think this could be used to avoid some of the player mutinies people seem to be suffering -

Player "Oi, why did you release my team mate?"

You "I would have loved for him to stay, but his agent wanted me to pay him double your weekly wage until 2020 just for the privilidge of negotiating with him"

While we're at it, it would be nice if you could filter players on the scouting screen by foreign/non foreign for the division you currently play in. I know we have the EU/Non Eu filter, but how about a Contonou one etc.

To give an example, I'm currently managing in Spain and have used up my 3 foreign player registrations. I'm currently hunting about for a reserve keeper and have to first look through all EU keepers, then change my search criteria for African/Russian/Turkish to see if there is anyone suitable there.

While the discussion is on filters I would like the ability to search/filter completed transfers.

Ones I would like to see are:

A) Being able to to select a range of completion dates (Eg July or a year like 2014 or a window)

B) Nationality of player/selling club/buying club

C) Age of player

D) Transfer value

I know it's probably never going to happen, but my ultimate wish is to have the database expand into the German 4th tier "Regionalliga". There are too many quality elevator sides in 3 Liga that I don't want to be lost and gone forever when they get relegated.

I know it's probably never going to happen, but my ultimate wish is to have the database expand into the German 4th tier "Regionalliga". There are too many quality elevator sides in 3 Liga that I don't want to be lost and gone forever when they get relegated.

In the meantime you can download a Germany database; I have one installed that has the 4th tier and seems to working fine, though I am not managing in it.

Heads of Sport Science need to be a staff role. Lots of Clubs have them, same with Sports Scientists in General.

Not to be confused with Fitness Coaches, which are already in the game, but a different occupation that serves a different role to the club.

It's like saying that working at a till in tesco's is the same job as operating the self-service check-outs.

Edit: Also the ability to have more than one assistant. Chelsea have three.

Harry Redknapp has like six.

I want more animations, so I can tell whether the things that are happening are actually absurd or are just problems with animations. I want stats to be more granular in the analysis tab. Let me break things down into 15-minute increments. I want passes to stop being underhit.

When searching for staff or players, the ability to make some attributes a must have and others match x/y for example must have goalkeeper coaching greater than 17 and any 2 of determination, adaptability and level of discipline greater than 15

- I would like to see a real set piece widget like in CM10, where you create a CK/FK play, step-by-step, choosing where you cross/pass the ball, to who, and the shot moment. This would make the match more dynamic, mainly in online matches.

- Now with motion capture, I wanna see more play animations and goal celebrations. IN fm12, i remember that player did step-overs; I wanna see flying heading (in attack and in defense), aerial kicks (volley/bicycle kicks, in atk and in def too), other kind of dribbles. For goal celebrations, examples to add there is a lot. I remember in a old FM I was playing with Brazil, against Germany, someone from Germany scored and the player celebrated dancing crazily, I laughed because this was like a provocation to me: "Look, he's sambaing lol". This makes the 3D match cooler.

- In this version, there is no foul on goalkeeper in ball fighting moments. This should back.

- Improve the GK movements. It makes them more safe. I see GK suffering silly goals and trying to save shots with the feets, but in a amateur way, like in a "pelada".

- Shielding. It's ridiculous to see way the players protecting the ball in 3D match, it's not real, u don't see the player using the body, arm, really protecting the ball from the rivals. I am including here the marking, it's ridiculous too. The marker gets close, you dont see he trying to take the ball away from the rival, just getting close till in a moment the rival loses the ball.

- I think still should back the "off/def tactical screen". I was playing PES 2015 and they added this option. I thought it great and it should back to the FM, because u can how the players will position with and without the ball.

- And old problem I think: the player historical. It just says the goals and matches a season from the national league. Would be better if were shown the total matches played and goals scored a season and you click over in one season and shows it more detailed. For example a brazilian player from the local league. You click to see the stats from the last season and it shows how many goals/matches done in: state championship, national cup, brazilian league, libertadores, World Cup (or any International tournament).

- A commentator. The FX game has an one, FIFA Manager had one too. This is not an urgent request, just a thing to think about.

Defensive / offensive tactics it's there, you have to work the roles and duties for the players to behave the way you want them. You need to start thinking how to do each. As a simplification to start with: the formation you use is the defensive formation, the duties and roles give you the attacking formation. Though I guess a bit more complexity can be achieved, as in a game I'm playing now I have a 4-4-2 that in defense looks more like a 5-4-1/5-3-2 and in attack tends to be 4-4-2/4-2-3-1.

- The panel between highlights introduced by some skins that has up to four information panels to choose.

- A manual for how to use the advanced editor.

- Salamanca AC removed from the database. This year is unrealistic and serves no purpose, as Segunda B groups are all 20 now.

- Not a word on animations when speaking about Match Engine in the announcement videos prior to release.

Archived