What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Just one thing.

In tactics I would love to have the option that just one of the full backs join in on the attack and run forward at a time. now if you ask them to get further forward both will get forward, but that leaves your team exposed on the break. so if the fullback could be told to go forward only one at a time that would be great.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, i know that this might be too late to implement in the game but after watching the new leagues across europe this season, i'd love to see "man marking for individual players implemented on set pieces (especially at corners)" .. unless i'm mistaken, right now, we can set players at the posts, to man mark tall or small and stuff like that, but i can't tell Ivanovic for instance to man mark Falcao on corners... if you get what i mean.. this kind of detail in the set-piece routines is very important in football now

Really simple suggestion - instead of needing to make a post on the bugs forum and upload a save file/PKM file via FTP, why not have a "report a bug" button in game, which automatically uploads the file for you and gives you an input box to add any associated commentary.

Improving managers market/transfers.

For example would be great some option to inform the board you're not willing to renew the contract and vice versa, they might not want to renew with you. That way the board could start to contact managers to replace you. Also in this case the manager contract should terminate at its end, without having to resign. Would also be great if the manager who signed for the next season could express consents / vetoes , or even suggests player to buy/sell to the board (if there's a director of football), to avoid sales/purchases of the team you're going to manage made by the current (although not for long) manager. A good starting point could be, if in the case described above, the board acts as if it were administered by the courts...

Hope I've been understandable. :)

Cheers

Really simple suggestion - instead of needing to make a post on the bugs forum and upload a save file/PKM file via FTP, why not have a "report a bug" button in game, which automatically uploads the file for you and gives you an input box to add any associated commentary.

Would certainly be a very handy feature :)

Would appreciate Defensive Winger in AM strata ( in FM14 but removed from FM15 beta) being reinstated. Defensive winger option is available ML and MR but no longer in AML or AMR.

Why would you play a defensive winger that far up the pitch? surely you are going against the point of the role by playing them that far forward?

+1 to that. Also, having a "+1" button on the forum would be handy :D

Most of these will have been covered before but:

- 3D Stadium building

- 3D Training pitches

- 3D Design your own training method

- Chairman Mode

- Youth Manager Mode

- Assistant Manager Role (Gain badges etc like they do in game)

- In-game Tactics Guide (Again)

- More in-depth media conferences

- More in-depth analysis of finances

- More clarity on what constitutes your team being converted from part-time to full time (Massive wall of mist about this in Welsh Premier and Lower leagues)

- Charity Matches

- Crowd fun days

- Give us something to do with our own wages? Pay towards a deal, or pay towards all in game financial matters.

- 3D Press Conferences

- CREATE MANAGER AVATAR

- Greater clarity in online multiplayer.

Edit:

As you have the license of 90% of clubs in the game. I'd like to see future releases for when you are in the game:

- Game has a section where you can see updates via RSS feed from your favourite clubs website in game, such as interviews, highlights etc and be able to view them in game. I sort of took this idea from Fifa 15, but instead of having just articles from Sky Sports, how about just have a 'Your Club' section where we can read, watch and listen to our club highlights, interviews and articles whilst playing the game itself. It will help us put a player to a face and sound for when we have conversations, see what other teams in our leagues are also doing. It will add to the immersive quality of the game. I know there are quite a few players on this game or who have played this game that have started a save with a completely unknown club and have turned into fans of this club and enjoy reading into different clubs from different countries.

For Example: (My Club Newtown AFC)

- Click on home page

- Go to 'Your Club' on sidebar.

- Opens up highlights section, interviews and articles section.

- (Linked social Network Accounts) - Access tweets/updates from the club and respond direct to tweets.

1234.jpg

These three widgets on the right and news items on the left could easily be embedded with minimal coding.

[1] I'd love to select a manager and play the game with his profile, stats, history. That is, actually replacing the AI manager otherwise you would then see the 'real' van Gaal. Is this possible? It shouldn't be hard right?

I'd also love to give the social aspect some more taste. Coaches like Guus Hiddink are famous for their human approach. Keeping in contact with players long after they lost them to bigger clubs. It also would give the game some more flavor when you aren't employed.

Suggestions:

[2] Is it possible to replace all photos with matching regen faces?

[3] Wouldn't it be great if regen faces change during the years?

• change hairstyle
  • get older
  • get a scar after a head injury
  • get a tan or sunburn during the summer or after a transfer to a more sunnier competition
  • or become paler after moving the a competition in the north.

[4] See the mood on the faces of your players, boardmembers, coaches, spokespersons, fans, journalists and managers. Especially during interactions.

[5] See their mood change

[6] add some favorite players, boardmembers, coaches, spokespersons, fans and managers during the game.

[7] have nasty/ nice/ funny confrontations with fans around trainings or matches.

[8] Having confidential interaction (outside the press) with players that play at other clubs, boardmembers, coaches, spokespersons, fans, journalists and managers to build relationships.

[9] When in between jobs increase your profile by doing some work in the media: write blogs, columns, become a commentator. Increase the pressure on the person who's job you would like. Help out a befriended manager.

Training drills. Instead of just picking what we want to see improve, roll development and match prep into one unit. A selection of real-life drills, selected and fit together to produce training "modules" like those we have currently; these modules would have varying difficulty levels for coaching staff. So, if you have highly technical drills, you need a better coach to have full impact with them, but they have a bigger impact on development for youngsters and on enhancing the learning of your tactics for seniors.

The point of the modularity is so that people can be as detailed or as hands-off as they want. The system would come with a bunch of pre-built modules for different levels of the game or users could build them themselves (and share them via the Steam Workshop, I suppose, like with tactics). It would also mean that people really could go the tracksuit manager route and specifically train a team instead of just lead them.

But there's more! Drills would tie in with tactical instructions. So, for example, if you have a 5 v 3 overload drill where defenders outnumber attackers, this improves the "innate understanding" of short passing tactics for players doing it (temporarily, sort of like the short-term boosts you get for match prep; but ideally the boost would scale with mental attributes, so that players with higher attributes get a more slender boost than those without, or perhaps base the boost on the PA/CA difference, so that players with higher potential show that potential by their response to training on match day... potentially allowing you to actually scout for potential yourself). There could be specific modules for match prep - for dealing with different types of opponents, for example. Picking drills (or modules) which don't match your tactical setup would, however, have the opposite effect - making your players less familiar with your instructions. This would make it critical to ensure the correct training approach to match your tactical setup, as in the modern game, this is very much true: teams train specifically to play the way they play, and the difference between a good manager or head coach and a bad one may well often revolve around planning sessions that aid the team prepare for upcoming fixtures or to play the way the vision dictates.

You could also have players "buying into" the training regime for greater loyalty depending on personality etc (possibly tactical personalities could develop based on the player's exposure to different training styles?) - it could quite complexly tie in with existing systems, I think.

It would be much more interesting than currently!

1. "Matchday" minimum interval for screen flow -> competitions.

2. Loose the set piece instructions (e.g. we should be able to have more than one player attack near post).

3. Tackling - add sub-instructions for pitch sections:

-> default all: easy/medium/hard

-> exceptions:

- own area: easy/medium/hard

- own penalty area: easy/medium/hard

or something similar.

The idea is, to be able to tell players not to tackle hard inside your penalty area or around the penalty area (to avoid dangerous free-kicks).

The press conferences are getting very monotonous and haven't been updated much over the last couple of years, i like to attend and complete all the interviews but have to admit they are getting boring now with the same questions over and over.

Any chance of a review and possible update?

Suggestions:

[2] Is it possible to replace all photos with matching regen faces?

I'd actually like this

If the player doesn't have a photo, then the newgen face-creator thing goes to work and creates one for them

Of course, it runs the risk of having real player be unfairly depicted and SI being sued, but ohhhhh

Extend colour coding used in player instructions so that you can readily know whether or not an instruction is already active :

In team instructions, colour coding is used to good effect with instructions selected being shown in green. For individual player instructions, the same colour coding is used with those you select being highlighted in green. So far, so good. However, there is absolutely no distinction in the player instruction colour coding between instructions that are "Already active for the role and duty" or "Unavailable for position selected" - both in pale blue. To save having to go through all the pale blue instructions to see which are active, surely a colour could be assigned - say a pale Green? It would be great if this could be incorporated in the tactical UI work that I believe is currently underway following user feedback.

'Vision' has obviously taken the place of 'Creativity' for definition reasons, which is fair enough. However, myself and many others (even something noted by SI, but I forget where) are finding it a little difficult to adjust to this attribute now being down the bottom of the Mental column (alphabetical reasons obviously).

As far as I can remember the attribute columns have remained constant in their order (names change but not in such a way that disrupts the order they are presented in). As I'm sure many others have, I have become accustomed, and indeed practiced, at simply glancing at a player's profile to ascertain his strengths and weaknesses. This is possible due to recognising patterns in the attribute columns, a skill honed due to a familiarity with the unchanging nature of these columns gained over the years.

For example, a defensive minded midfielder presents a very different pattern of attributes than that of an attacking minded midfielder; hard-workers and flair players look very different at a glance; it also breaks up the lovely 'Teamwork' and 'Work Rate' attribute pairing - something often looked out for when searching for a certain type of player. And so on.

On the flip side it also has the effect of meaning a creative/visionary player now looks quite different at a glance to previous iterations of FM, making recognising and identifying them quickly somewhat more difficult.

My suggestion would be to rename this attribute 'Creative Vision'. This achieves three things hopefully:

1. Avoids people thinking 'Vision' is a new attribute, which it is not, simply a renaming of 'Creativity'

2. Keeps it in the same place in the Mental column that it has occupied for countless years

3. Prevents the attributes at the bottom of this column now being disrupted.

With the ultimate goal being to keep to the very intuitive nature of many FM screens and steering away from confusion over a changed attribute name.

A few people have suggested customisable attribute columns, which sounds good to me, but is obviously a slightly different wishlist topic.

Cheers!

I think player names on 3D engine should be what write on their shirts in real life. For example if we speak about Real Madrid, when the focus is on Ronaldo, "Cristiano Ronaldo" label appears near him which should be "Ronaldo" imo. Similar situations for others like James Rodriguez should be just James, Javier Hernandez similarly should be Chicharito, etc.

Real-Madrid-14-15-Numbers+(2).jpg

45969.jpg

int_140901_chicharito_sound.jpg

'Vision' has obviously taken the place of 'Creativity' for definition reasons, which is fair enough. However, myself and many others (even something noted by SI, but I forget where) are finding it a little difficult to adjust to this attribute now being down the bottom of the Mental column (alphabetical reasons obviously).

As far as I can remember the attribute columns have remained constant in their order (names change but not in such a way that disrupts the order they are presented in). As I'm sure many others have, I have become accustomed, and indeed practiced, at simply glancing at a player's profile to ascertain his strengths and weaknesses. This is possible due to recognising patterns in the attribute columns, a skill honed due to a familiarity with the unchanging nature of these columns gained over the years.

For example, a defensive minded midfielder presents a very different pattern of attributes than that of an attacking minded midfielder; hard-workers and flair players look very different at a glance; it also breaks up the lovely 'Teamwork' and 'Work Rate' attribute pairing - something often looked out for when searching for a certain type of player. And so on.

On the flip side it also has the effect of meaning a creative/visionary player now looks quite different at a glance to previous iterations of FM, making recognising and identifying them quickly somewhat more difficult.

My suggestion would be to rename this attribute 'Creative Vision'. This achieves three things hopefully:

1. Avoids people thinking 'Vision' is a new attribute, which it is not, simply a renaming of 'Creativity'

2. Keeps it in the same place in the Mental column that it has occupied for countless years

With the ultimate goal being to keep to the very intuitive nature of many FM screens and steering away from confusion over a changed attribute name.

A few people have suggested customisable attribute columns, which sounds good to me, but is obviously a slightly different wishlist topic.

Cheers!

THIS, please this SI, when looking for a CAM i look at his passing technique and now i judge him on his composure instead of his vision because of quick glancing

Can we get a PI, or even maybe a PPM that's along the lines of 'looks for cutback'? Seems absurd that to get a player to cut the ball back from the byline you have to tell them to cross less often and shoot less often and then leave it to hope that by removing some of their options they choose to cut the ball back towards players rushing into the box.

I'd like team talks to the individual being subbed. So I can say;

a) "You weren't playing well, that's why I've subbed you!"

b) "You did well, have a bit of a rest."

c) "Sorry you've had to come off cos of the red card."

Obviously, the main two would be the ones that are most common. I know we can talk to players after the game but they always get obscured by the overall team talk leading to confusion. It would be nice to be able to tell them right there and then why I've taken them off.

I like this idea, and I'd add:

d) "We needed to change shape, so I took you off. You were fine."

If this hasn't been brought up.... Not having about 40-60 South Korean coaches to have "continental" reputations. Basically nerfing every single coach who is totally unknown outside his nation to local/regional, Kiribati, Tokelau, Tajikistan and Bhutan's head coach should not be as reputable as a MLS head coach, nor a npower champions assistant coach for that matter. If a staff member is known nationally in a nation the size/population of South Korea it should be regional TOPS imo. Most people in China/Japan won't know them anyhow, so that's a leg up on reality to begin with. If they are just the assistant coach in Swaziland... obscure and nothing more.

I just find the abssurd amount of people with a high rating like that way too much. Possibly nerfing the reputation of non EU/US/International (Olympics/worldcup) competitions drastically..... OR better yet, raise the max amount of reputation of competitions from the capped 200 to like 1000 or 10000 to allow for more accurate ratings for micro leagues. (Not sure if 200 is more than the 10 points of a 190 would imply, but if they're weighted as only being 5% more important I think a wider range to not imply lowest leagues of national competitions are half as important as Barclays/Ligue1/Serie A.

Cheers!

Agree with this, it's been bugging me :mad:. It should have either remained as Creativity or kept the same spot despite the name change I feel. Creative Vision sounds like a good compromise as it retains the meaning SI are intending and would be more intuitive for returning players.

Customisable columns would be great too, I don't mind the change of name to Vision so much as I mind the fact that it's moved from its regular place in the mental attributes column, for the reasons Sebbo brings up.

----------------------------------------------------

Also, my main disappointment with the beta is that the "use fake players" option is once again mostly a reskin of the existing database. Many players are exactly the same with a new name and generated face, whilst others have changed nationality or had a slight attribute change. As someone who almost always plays without real players, I feel that the option would have so much more potential if it genuinely generated an entirely new database of fake players with no real life counterpart, as has been discussed in this thread.

----------------------------------------------------

Finally, this was a suggestion post I made in this archived thread in late 2011. I'm not sure if there have been any improvements to stadium naming in FM15 as I haven't played that far in yet but I feel it's an area that needs some attention as I'm sick of Zola Park and Club Name FC Stadium! I appreciate that a common suggestion is to allow managers to have input in stadium names but that doesn't solve the problem for AI clubs and it would also lessen the achievement of having a stadium named after you if you could just pick your own name artificially.

First of all, I agree with the idea that the names should be chosen from a list of local districts which are entered by the club's researcher. The club that I support, Adelaide United FC, currently plays at Hindmarsh Stadium in South Australia, named for the federal district in which the stadium is located. On my FM11 game with the same club, though, a new stadium proposed in 2020 was assigned the name "Adelaide United FC Stadium", which I find to be a highly unlikely name; even "Adelaide Stadium" would have been preferred, I know of very few clubs which keep the "FC" tag in the name of the stadium. A simple wikipedia search is all it takes to see other South Australian districts which produce much more aesthetically-pleasing names, e.g: Boothby Stadium, Sturt Park, Kingston Arena etc. Surely a new data field for researchers would take up precious little of their time and effort, to create the much-desired reward of realistic stadia. At present, the system of naming stadiums after either the club or a legend of the club and appending the suffix "Stadium", "Park" or "Arena" is wholly one-dimensional and can be unrealistic depending on the scenario. Of course, many stadia in Spain, Portugal, South America and the like are named after well-known figures at the clubs who own them, and so the realism provided by stadium names can be appropriate or inappropriate depending on the region. Thus, further regionalisation is required when creating stadium names.

The application of regionalisation can occur in two main ways; first, the application of the national language to the stadium name, and, second, the use of the appropriate local custom in naming stadia. On the first point; regardless of which country a manager is inhabiting, the stadium will invariably be named first with the prefix (club name/legend's name) and then with the anglicised suffix (Stadium/Park/Arena). However, this reduces realism in scenarios where the national language is not english. For example, a stadium in France would be named Stade Marseille rather than Marseille Stadium and a club in Spain would be named Camp Alcorcon or Estadio Alcorcon rather than Alcorcon Park/Stadium. On the second point; a system could be implemented whereby stadium names are generated with a fixed likelihood of being named after a person or a place. As aforementioned, South American and Iberian nations tend to name their stadiums more after people than Western nations, and so a manager in Spain who finds his board building a new stadium should see a higher likelihood that the stadium will be named after a legend/the manager, in, of course, the local language and naming custom.

For example; Joe Bloggs manages Torquay in England. His board builds a new stadium. There is a 75% chance of it being named after a district on the list (Shiphay Park, Plainmoor Stadium etc.). There is a 25% chance of it being named after a legend or the manager (Joe Bloggs Stadium etc.). The local language is English, and the naming convention applies such that the prefix is the given name whilst the suffix is the noun denoting the stadium. In a parallel universe, Joe Bloggs chose to manage Alcorcon in Spain. His board builds a new stadium. There is a 75% chance of it being named after a legend or the manager (Camp Joe Bloggs, Estadio Presidente Fulano etc.) and a 25% chance of it being named after a district on the list (Camp Alcorcon, Estadio Mostoles etc.). Of course, the 75%/25% split is just a random example from my head, but I'd imagine the percentages could be weighted depending on the conventions of the country.

The idea behind all of this is that we simply see more realistic variation in the names assigned to stadia in FM. Of course, the discretion of the researcher would enable any unrealistic district or person names to be removed from the list of potential names (for example, Chelsea wouldn't play at Fulham Park) and no-one would want to see the possibility of earning a stadium with your name vanish, but these occasions should be the exception rather than the rule, and, in keeping with the intended realism of FM, stadiums should be named in the language of their nation and in the spirit of their traditional custom.

Aside from the implementation of the above, an increasing trend in today's footballing world is to see stadiums assigned sponsorship deals which result in the renaming of the stadium. Thus, when a new stadium is announced, alongside the usual message that "a stadium sponsorship deal worth X has been secured", this could be expanded to "a stadium sponsorship deal worth X has been secured with <insert randomly-generated businessy-sounding name like JetFair Ltd. or DealByte Co.> and the stadium will be known as JetFair Park/DealByte Stadium until 2014", with the board-assigned name of the stadium in brackets on the facilities page next to the official sponsored name in the style of Facilities > Stadium: Emirates Stadium (Highbury), with a board-request option to end the sponsorship deal to retain the original name of the stadium (maybe this could have an impact on crowd numbers as fans appreciate the move to reconnect with the stadium's traditional name).

New Leagues, Specifically, Ecuador and Paraguay leagues, they need to be in the game.

Ecuador has improved their leagues vastly with 3 WC qualifications in the last 4 WCs and is on the highest paid leagues in South America (Just behind Argentina and Brazil)

The David Silva role (aka. 'Interiore'): player who spends the defensive phases on the wing in order to give the team a good shape but drifts inside and plays as a CAM in the attacking phases.

That's in FM15. Wide Playmaker.

Sorry if this has been brought up; there's a lot of pages to go through. When trying to customise my view on the tactics screen, I'm finding that a lot of the fields I select to view aren't showing up, despite there being enough room.

For example, I choose to see a players age, condition, goals, and assists among other things. But say those are the last four. In that instance, goals and assists may be missing. And even if I make every other column as narrow as it can be, 'condition' will just stay as one huge column and I won't be able to make it smaller to make room for goals and assists.

You'd be better off posting this in the feedback thread if you're referring to FM15.

I'd like to see questions in the media about your intentions when your contract is running out at the end of the season. Let's say somewhere between half a year and a month before end of contract. Are you aiming to renew the contract or are you looking to let the contract run out and find another club?

In this way, depending on your answer, clubs looking for a new manager (managerless or aiming to replace their manager i.e. at end of contract) can offer you a pre-contract to join after your contract has run out. Happens in real life often, managers (and clubs) knowing months before that they will join another club, but first finish the job in hand. The victim (the almost unemployed manager of the target club) can then start applying for jobs beforehand.

You should also be able to make your club aware of your intentions, so that they won't freak out as much when you start showing interest in other clubs. Now they sack you on the spot, even when you're having a good season which you intend to finish in a gentleman way.

Above feature would add dynamics to the whole job/apply part of FM.

No it's not. The Wide Playmaker is a wide player who attracts the ball a bit more than usual. He does not drift inside like Silva.

"Drifting inside to find space..." is literally in the first line of the role description.

I would like either the game or your assistant manager to warn you if there are eligible yet unregistered players in your U21 during squad registration. I failed to register one of my young goalkeepers because he turned 22 and I simply forgot to check. I keep them in the U21 if they arent playing to keep my squad screen from getting too bloated. There should be an easier way other than switching back and forth between windows, right click and moving the player to first team, then go back to squad registration screen to see if he needs to be registered or considered homegrown, etc.

In a future version, I'd like some guidance on how many physios to hire. Better yet, perhaps in classic, have a "staff pool" of resources which can be directed into: scouting, training and medical with rough guidelines as to minimum and maximum investments in each area. Roughly, the idea would be to (1) assess where your team is in the lifecycle of a champion. (2) assuming the players are not good enough we start here: scouting to find new players. Now we move to (2) training youth players to develop them toward peak potential and finally (3) invest to max in medical to keep the veteran team healthy.

This would be a user "front end" atop what already exists in FM, without the user having to specifically hire another scout or physio.

I like this idea, and I'd add:

d) "We needed to change shape, so I took you off. You were fine."

Oh this is awesome! I might add:

e) "You are on a yellow, I don't want you to pick up a red" (Or: due to being repeatedly warned by a referee, I'm pulling you as you are going to pick up a card soon and I can't be sure it will be just a yellow)

f) "I'm bringing on a more attacking option as we need a goal" -OR- "I'm bringing on a more defensive option as we need to protect our lead/the result"

due to (d) sounding like we're actually changing to a new formation/shape.

Team talks, at times, assume you are talking to the same group of players from the last game, with talks like: "I want to see a much better performance out of you today!" and so on, but some of us completely rotate the whole team between matches, so I get this option when the other guys who just played bombed, but now I have a whole different group, and so it doesn't make sense. (Perhaps already fixed, if so, I apologize).

Just had a very interesting discussion with another forumer and believe it belongs here

It's all about the "Go On Holiday" feature.

A thought on going on holiday...

I frequently go on holiday in between stretches when no games are being played or when I don't feel like playing a certain game (lower side, friendly, etc). It also helps to speed up the rate of play because, as others have commented, it is easy to get stuck clicking through an endless sea of news items, of which 95% of the time are ignorable but god forbid you miss that agent offer from an actual decent player who is unsettled at his current club that arsenal snaps up and who scores the last second goal against you in the north london derby. Fans riot, stadium burned, puppies executed, and what's worse is that I'm out of a job

So yes, it's very frustrating to return from holiday and to see that I've miss an important managerial decision such as a transfer offer or, as it sits in beta, when a player wishes to discuss an issue with me but cannot because apparently "on holiday" translates to "stuck in a turkish prison with no access to phone, e-mail, or basic contact with the outside world."

Example:

Playing at Tottenham, there has been some rumours that Jan Vertonghen is interested in moving to barca, but as our current form is excellent (5 wins, 1 draw, no losses). There about a week and a half break during which no matches are scheduled, so instead of clicking on boring news articles for the next 15 minutes (and yes my subscriptions are set how I want them) I decide to go on holiday.

Upon returning from holiday I see that barca has put in an offer for JV, which was declined without my approval as the carrier pigeon the board sent to me was apparently pulverised by the turbine of a low-flying Boeing 747. "No big deal, I don't want to trade him anyway" I think as I casually click on my tactics menu and am immediately beset upon by my players with burning pitchforks and tar (Lamela rabona's a moltov cocktail at me) as apparently JV had approached me todiscuss why I turned down the barca transfer request, only to go wailing like a bitch back to the rest of the team when he realized I was unavailable, his loud cries falling deaf upon the impenetrable 40 foot walls of the hell-dungeon I currently stay at.

Bottom line: I wish there was an option that would alert you of certain noteworthy news items while on holiday, and allow you to handle them without fear of returning to a full mutiny with your wife/hubby and children raped and murdered. Maybe there's an option that states "Return/pause holiday if" and then several options would be available, such as "a transfer offer for a first team member arises" or "a first team member wishes to discuss an item" - that way I could control what items I would deem important enough to break me away from my rat stew and damp corner. As it is treated now, and as I've so subtly hinted at, the holiday option is unrealistic as it always NO CONTACT of any sort with the team, which in the real world obviously woudn't happen. If a big request came in or if a player really needed to talk to me, there's this nifty technology called the telephone that they can reach me on. Even turkish prisons must adhere to some basic standards.

There shouldn't really be a holiday option - the only time I see a manager take a break is for a family event, weddings, funerals, etc.

The option could really be renamed to "Fast Track" and only available over international breaks, or long periods of non-playing events, (friendlies can already be set up that your assistant manager takes control of those).

But you should get important news items.

Bids for players

Agent offers

Bids for coaches

Player unrest

etc.

After you get the news item you continue your "Fast Track". But I've never believed you should be holiday a match - that's a bit weird. In saying that, I've often won a league with 8 games to go and I just play the best youngsters and "holiday" the game - as I have no fear of losing the league. But I shouldn't really be able to holiday the last 8 games of a season, even if I've won it. Instead, an option to approach the board and ask them for extended leave as I've won the league and leave instructions to play youth players.

Maybe the board agrees maybe they don't, that's up to the board. But I shouldn't be able to take a 4 week holiday coming to the end of a season.

Agreed. Currently, I think the "Go on Holiday" option is a bit ambiguous and is treated as more of a "Go on simulation" - it's unfortunate that my simulated manager form is a complete dumbass. Also, it's weird to me that when decisions are simulated for you while on holiday they are treated the same as if you WEREN'T on holiday and instead responded in person. If I was truly going on holiday you think the players/staff would know that and wait for me to return to bring their issues to me, or if it's pressing get a hold of me somehow with the current technology we have in 2014 (see turkish prison analogy in previous post). Instead, it seems that every time you go on holiday the board erects a cardboard cutout of you with a hidden voice recording that repeats "lol no" on loop in front of your office to make decisions and answer questions for your players/staff/agent-with-the-half-star-keeper :mad:

Users shouldn't be punished for wanting to (as you put it) fast track through some parts of the season, and as it stands now the "Go on Holiday" system is very flawed.

Agreed that it's very flawed.

Maybe the Go On Holiday should be replaced with "Simulate Game Play" and you have options on which topics you want to be informed on when the game is simulating, like I listed earlier.

The first thing I would mention wich I posted in another post (I told to post here), is that I like the new Stadium look, but I would like to see even more versions, I am not trying to be greedy here, but its just weird to see Craven Cottage as a huge stadium with corners etc, I know when playing lower leage teams I noticed they seem more realistic but it would be nice to see some more even :p

Now over to things I would like to see and me and a was dicussing this yesterday.

One thing we feel is missing a bit in the games is the personal feel to being a manager, this has improved in this game I think but there would be nice to see the following:

1: Fans, it would be nice to have a more personal contact with the fans, and more realistically through a spokes person or a communciations director in a club, lets say you have had a bad run of games, and the fans starts to get annoyed, they would like to see you sacked etc, it would be cool to have a meeting (similar to press conference) where you talk to this person, telling you how the fans feel and give you questions, and here you get options to gives promises, reassure the fanse, tell about situations like injuries, or you say you ask for a bit more time and stay behind the team, tell them you will talk to the owner for money for improving the team etc. This certainly would have been a cool feature imho

2: Fanbase, I know there is a way to increase popularity buy how well you are doing in the leagues etc but there is something I remember from a old manager game (wich I cant remember) but here you had more controll of where to have fanbases in the world, lets say you have a English club, with a few players from lets say Norway, and the game dont have a "fanbase" in that country, but your players increase interest for your team there, it would be cool if you could decide or ask board to establish a fanbase in that country, resulting in increase of fanbase, wich will lead me to my next point

3: Sales and team shop, it would be cool if you could have a club shop, where you are asked what kind of items should be focused for sales in the shop and/or price for it. But allso from my last point sales can be improved/increased based on fanbase, so lets say your club sold x amount of kits for x amount of money, but after you establish a fanbase somewhere where interest is high enough, the x amopunt of sales may increase?

4: Ticket price controll, would be nice to have some sort of controll for tickets price wich will affect the amount if income for your club.

5: My final suggestions is a topic I know has been debated for a long time, I myself find pressconferences a bit boring because of the lack of otpions, questions given, (often the same questions and answer is repeated from each press conference, the same goes with team talks)

Me and my friend was discussing how to improve this feature and decide to suggest this, instead of giving the opsions you have today (wich feels very unpersonal) look at certain other ideas wich often is implemented in RPG games, a sort of answer/question tree, I will try to describe it as good as possible:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Question nr1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------Answer nr 1---------------Answer nr 2----------------Answer nr 3--------------Answer nr 4-------------------Answer nr 5---------------------------------

this has allways resulted in giving a new question with same setup but here is my view on how to improve it, Q is for question, A for answer, FA, follow up answer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Q1-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------A1------------------------------------------A2----------------------------------------------------A3----------------------------------------------------A4----------------------------------A5-------------------------------------

--A1FA1--A1FA2--A1FA3--A1FA4--A1FA5----------A2FA1--A2FA2--A2FA3--A2FA4--A2FA5----------A3FA1--A3FA2--A3FA3--A3FA4--A3FA5------A4FA1--A4FA1--A4FA3--A4FA4--A4FA5-----------A5FA1--A5FA2--A5FA3--A5FA4--A5FA5---------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Question to answer-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and so on follow up answer could allso be used several times, and this would maybe give a more detailed answer and long senctences giving it a more realistic, personal feel to it, same could be implemented to team talks :)

I hope I explained it good enough, :)

One thing that I would like to see is Goal line technology come into the game, and also to see the referee use his spray can for free kicks!

On the GLD side of things, a message could come up if you have just won promotion from the Championship to the Premier League saying how the club will have to install it as per the rules of the league, and that this will impact your budget.

Also, in a match, if there is a need to use it, it would be good in a reply if you could see for yourself if all of the ball crossed the line (like in real life).

From what I have seen so far, neither are in the game.

The ability to save your set pieces so you don't have to set them up time and time again on each save game.
There is a way around that, save your tactic after you've done set pieces only and name it 'Set Pieces', not what you're asking but it's better than nothing until it's introduced. Not my idea btw, someone mentioned it on the forum a while back.

Instead of being a mysterious figure with literally no previous football experience who somehow swoops in and convinces top clubs to rip up multimillion pound contracts to employ you, you could also have the option to essentially take over the soul of an existing person in the database, and retain control of their current club if they're at one, their attributes, career stats, rivalries, etc. like nothing has happened.

This could also extend to players, provided they have some kind of coaching qualifications. For lower league management, you could even be a player-manager a la Jamie Day/Welling (with the player aspect simulated as usual) and decide when you want to hang your boots up.

From my locked thread.

I'd love to select a manager and play the game with his profile, stats, history. That is, actually replacing the AI manager otherwise you would then see the 'real' van Gaal. Is this possible? It shouldn't be hard right?
Aww yes, I guess I'm not the only one with this idea.

It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement, and would improve immersion and open up a whole new dimension of roleplaying to the game.

Archived