What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I'd like to see the game deal better with B/U23 teams as I think the AI struggles big time with them currently. I know that in Germany the AI deals with them very poorly and within a year or two most of the U23 teams are dwindled down to just a couple of players, when in reality most professional German clubs have a full U23 squad and quite a bit of recruitment goes into those squads both for U23 players and usually a couple of veteran players.

Not sure if it's changed, but player development in those squads hasn't been great in the past either. Players tended to have their development stall as despite playing regularly in the U23 squad it wouldn't be regarded as 'match practice' and thus they wouldn't develop, even if your U23 team played in the 3.Liga. And yet when they were loaned to a 3.Liga/Regionalliga team they would be fine in terms of match practice and development, which seems a bit silly as they are playing at the same level of football.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

make it more intense off the pitch for example better

match build

interviews

transfer season

more awards etc

improved interviews

better news

league should be more exciting

More excitement when buying players

who agrees, all this for FM 15, it makes the user feel more engaged and more of a manager

make it more intense off the pitch for example better

match build

interviews

transfer season

more awards etc

improved interviews

better news

league should be more exciting

More excitement when buying players

who agrees, all this for FM 15, it makes the user feel more engaged and more of a manager

I totally agree. I want that certain actions or games are more special treated. The world should be schocked if I would buy a controversy player, like Balotelli. Some of your players should feel a little worried and even your chairman should come ask you if you made the right decision. A game for the title should be getting a lot more media attention. I sometimes didn't even noticed that I played against the number 2 who is 1 point behind.

The addition of certain off-field events - players sometimes argue with referees but they never seem to argue with or get angry at opponents. Particularly in rivalry games, there are regularly flare-ups between opponents, leading to bookings/sending offs, and it would be nice to see this in the game.

Also, I'm not sure I've ever seen a goalkeeper foul a player in the game - this is a relatively common occurence.

Making it easier to quickly find free agents. Several times in the past I've had a goalkeeper go down for several months with an injury outside of a transfer window and so I've wanted to sign a free agent, but given that free agents have no value it is very difficult to sort through players on the Player Search screen - asking a scout to find someone to takes too long, so I have to manually look through players to find someone. Would be nice if there was an easier way to sort through free agents.

Also, if some of the more grievous graphical errors could be avoided in future. Several times I've had the problem where my player is taking a penalty and the game shows the ball go in the back of the net like a normal succesful penalty, and it takes me a few seconds to realise that the commentary says the player blazed it over. In all my years playing FM there has never been a more deflating experience than the game showing my player scoring a 90th minute equaliser in a European Championship final only for it to turn out that it actually went over and the game failed to show it...

Also, I'd like the match engine to reduce the number of times that my players are standing in an offside position when a free-kick is taken. I just had one where the player was standing a good 10 yards offside when it was taken, and the free-kick taker still crossed it to him. No player would stand this far offside for a set piece, and even if they did, the taker wouldn't cross it to them.

Don't know if someone's already mentioned it but you can already easily search through free agents on the player search screen. All you have to do is add Contract type as a search condition and select Expired or Unattached

I raised this question in another thread, and due to the lack of responses, I'm guessing this isn't possible in fm14?

During contract negotiations - I want to be able to make NOT having something, non-negotiable.

i.e. Negotiating a contract with a player. He wants a Yearly Raise. I do not want to give him one. All I can do is delete the yearly raise option, but when I suggest the terms, he just brings it back again.

I want to make not having a yearly raise, non-negotiable (which, I can't seem to figure out - I can "lock" it at 5%, but not 0% since it will be "No Value entered").

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/396407-Making-a-quot-0-quot-Value-non-negotiable-in-contract-negotiations

I think it'd be good to lessen the importance of numbers and place more emphasis a player's performance. I've seen players in certain leagues who have such high average ratings and have had great seasons, but they never get bought because their attribute numbers aren't very high in the game. IRL there's every chance that a player could be bought if he'd had a good season, and more chance of it happening on the game if the attributes were perhaps open a bit more to interpretation.

Case off the top of my head - Lewis Grabban. He was at a few lower league clubs without really making much impact. His atributes on the game weren't fantastic. But last season was great for him in league 1 and he moved to Norwich for £3m. If he'd had the same season in the game, it's very unlikely Norwich would pay not only that much for him, but unlikely that they would've signed him at all.

The same goes for youth players, as some young players IRL will get released from a club at a young age only to eventually prove the club wrong and reach the top. A more general overview of and more fluctuation of attributes might make it more possible to develop players who at first glance have no prospects.

Grabban was at Bournemouth last year, playing in the Championship... but I get your point.

I'd like to see more players capable of having Rickie Lambert-esque careers. Not developing to their full potential until in to their 30's

I would like new transfer offer options like possibility to offer a player in exchange and request some compensation for another team's player. For example, Arsenal offers Man Utd Ramsey for Smalling, but ask 10m to be included in the transfer, on top of Smalling.

Wouldn't mind the possibility to give player instructions, during the match, by right-clicking the players when playing in 2D or 3D.

Not sure if it would be possible or not though, but i would still love doing that.

I ask this once in a while just in case it comes true.

Dedicated servers

Would love to see this happen one day, would be more than happy at paying a small monthly subscription if it meant a flawless network game, make it happen (one day) SI.

I would like new transfer offer options like possibility to offer a player in exchange and request some compensation for another team's player. For example, Arsenal offers Man Utd Ramsey for Smalling, but ask 10m to be included in the transfer, on top of Smalling.

This is already in FM!

I would like the ability to send players out on loan to feeder teams till they have gained a work permit. All to often a player bought will develop to the point where after 2 season of being on loan to a feeder team they will no longer wish to go back to them on loan despite not having a work permit.

A complete overhaul of tactics.

Freedom to freely place a player within my formation. Any line of a formation is very rarely as synchronised as it is in FM, take a 4-2-3-1 for example, at Real Madrid, Ronaldo operates as an inside LWF not a raw LW that drifts inwardly. Yes I get that you can define the roles and all that but a role is only describing an action, it is not defining the position. Take another example, 4-4-1-1 at West Ham, when Andy Carroll plays he'll be a striker, but he will play as a target man and drop deep to allow the knock downs to all midfielders, in FM land a ST target man will only knock the ball down to the AM© behind him. This is a deep flaw.

We live in a world where intuitiveness is key. To freely place players on the pitch is the most basic function necessary within a Football Manager game and has been lacking in FM since inception. It is an absolute disaster IMO and holds the game back as being a truly tactical game.

On and off the ball movements and formations in attacking, default and defensive phases should be mapped in the manner described above also. 4-3-3 with the ball does not mean I want it without the ball too. 4-3-3 is by nature the most fluid formation in existence. In attack I may wish for it to evolve into a 3-4-3, by default I may wish for 4-3-3 however defensively I may wish for 4-5-1.

A complete overhaul of the game design. It feels that each year this should be redrafted and is simply pushed aside and left to readdress a slight change without actually offering any real difference. Speed should be the key to this game in both game modes.

The whole concept of news items to address call to actions is stale and seriously outdated now. There must surely be a more intuitive and straight forward way to navigate sections of the game and address elements that require actions. People's time is becoming ever more precious, the current format is simply a masqueraded series of spreadsheets. It's like the design team do a 2 week job for a game that supposedly takes 10 months to make each year. The game is a football manager simulator, it should push you towards management of football, not spend 2 hours reading fake emails, toggling switches and scales to get the basic tasks done. A redesign is key to refreshing what is fast becoming a more stale series than COD.

On and off the ball movements and formations in attacking, default and defensive phases should be mapped in the manner described above also. 4-3-3 with the ball does not mean I want it without the ball too. 4-3-3 is by nature the most fluid formation in existence. In attack I may wish for it to evolve into a 3-4-3, by default I may wish for 4-3-3 however defensively I may wish for 4-5-1.

It's always a work in progress, but you can do the things you note here as it stands now, and it isn't that hard. Your 4-3-3 can play any number of ways with and without ball depending on roles. duties, and team and individual instructions. If you are struggling with this ( and I don't mean to offend, it just appears from your post you might be) visit the Tactics and Training forum and you'll find piles of useful help to achieve it.

On to a wish that I am sure is back in the stacks somewhere and one I've made before: I'd like to see staff get poached to higher level roles. Poaching of staff always seems to be lateral coach to coach etc. I'd like to see a team offer my ass man a manager's role, or a coach an ass man's role etc.

Freedom to freely place a player within my formation.

There is absolutely no need to have this.

The position you place a player in FM is not the blade of grass he stands on, it refers to the general area of the field you expect him to play. This area is then modified by the role, duty & player instructions given to him.

There is zero benefit to being able to place players anywhere on the tactics screen.

Make the salary of the manager more important and realistic in the game.

The amount should be based on your performances, other managers wages (managers in the same competition and other managers with the same reputation) and a little bit on your previous wage (but not as much as now. It's a known bug I think).

More clausules. Sometimes you have to pay an amount if you want to leave (and if you can't afford it, you can't go), you can go for free if a certain club approaches you. More different bonusses. A fixed amount other clubs can use to 'buy' you, ...

Your club and other clubs should be more active reffering your contract. If you are cheap (short contract, low wage, low depart clausule, ...) other clubs are trying to get you harder and give you more wages to convince you. Your club should be giving you spontaneous bonusses or a new contract if they are happy with you and want to keep you. Your contract should be more important in the decision of sacking you or not. That's already now, but not important enough. A lot of people give theirself a very low wage, but we should all be trying to get a wage as high as possible. Ofcourse there are exeptions (like you going back as a world class manager to your first small team and don't care about your wage but just want to end your carriere there. The team will never sack you because you are a legend).

Maybe a leaderboard (with real managers or the managers in the game) of the richest managers.

I always try to negotiate (not much to negotiate actually) a realistic contract, but the game doesn't encourage that enough. I really don't want to see someone again saying: 'ooh I just give me the lowest wage possible to save the finances of the club'.

There is absolutely no need to have this.

The position you place a player in FM is not the blade of grass he stands on, it refers to the general area of the field you expect him to play. This area is then modified by the role, duty & player instructions given to him.

There is zero benefit to being able to place players anywhere on the tactics screen.

You sir, have missed the point.

People have different interests in FM, some wish to focus on tactics, some on training, some on youth development etc. The vast majority want accessibility to features in the quickest and most intuitive manner. If SI published the figures for time spent on tweaking tactics and individual player tactics for the average user, I bet it would be minimal. Most people simply haven't got the time to be in-depth with it as some. They just want to get into a game, pick a team, win a few games, save and pick it up next time.

Please explain to me a quicker, more intuitive way, to make tactics more accessible and fluid for each user than this. Sliders and all that mumbo-jumbo can be performed further into the system but from the onset, there is nothing I can see that personalises a team quite the way a manager/user would want as quickly as this.

It is a fundamental flaw that my original post refers to and is part of a complete design failure that has left the game feeling very stale and also difficult for new users to pick up. Ease of use must be optimised and design completely overhauled to promote this. Time is a valuable commodity, SI should focus on players moving through a game more, not staying on the same day for 3 real-life hours or more tweaking stuff that only fanatics care about. The simple fact is, it's a problem that is forced on users from the start and has become so ingrained in the FM mentality that it is now expected. It is a colossal waste of time.

In addition to this, I would prefer FM to feature a responsively designed layout by default, not having to toggle a screen resolution setting, that is dev laziness at it's peak, it's 2014 now, get a grip! It allows the game to be the same instance across all screen sizes and devices. Admittedly some devices do not have the memory capacity to handle PC's, but they should still deliver the same experience as a desktop option, minus a few features and operating on minimal database.

You sir, have missed the point.

People have different interests in FM, some wish to focus on tactics, some on training, some on youth development etc. The vast majority want accessibility to features in the quickest and most intuitive manner. If SI published the figures for time spent on tweaking tactics and individual player tactics for the average user, I bet it would be minimal. Most people simply haven't got the time to be in-depth with it as some. They just want to get into a game, pick a team, win a few games, save and pick it up next time.

Please explain to me a quicker, more intuitive way, to make tactics more accessible and fluid for each user than this. Sliders and all that mumbo-jumbo can be performed further into the system but from the onset, there is nothing I can see that personalises a team quite the way a manager/user would want as quickly as this.

It is a fundamental flaw that my original post refers to and is part of a complete design failure that has left the game feeling very stale and also difficult for new users to pick up. Ease of use must be optimised and design completely overhauled to promote this. Time is a valuable commodity, SI should focus on players moving through a game more, not staying on the same day for 3 real-life hours or more tweaking stuff that only fanatics care about. The simple fact is, it's a problem that is forced on users from the start and has become so ingrained in the FM mentality that it is now expected. It is a colossal waste of time.

In addition to this, I would prefer FM to feature a responsively designed layout by default, not having to toggle a screen resolution setting, that is dev laziness at it's peak, it's 2014 now, get a grip! It allows the game to be the same instance across all screen sizes and devices. Admittedly some devices do not have the memory capacity to handle PC's, but they should still deliver the same experience as a desktop option, minus a few features and operating on minimal database.

What has any of that got to do with your comment about being able to place a player anywhere on the tactics screen?

The point still stands that it is not needed because the position of the player in FM is not a tiny fixed position its an area of the field. Whether you place your AML a few millometres to the left or the right would make zero difference within the ME as it stands.

Also for the record the creation of tactics has been improved in recent versions with the creator, roles & duties of players. It doesn't take time to setup, I can create a tactic in under a minute so it isn't the time consuming area that you make it out to be above.

As for FM being time consuming, well thats the direction its taken to be an in depth simulation and not a quick arcade fix. You need to accept things for what they are in life, if you want a quick arcade fix then FM isn't the game you should be loading.

I would also like to have the opportunity to tell the staff that are applying, that i can't afford, that there's no need to be applying for any positions as i simply can't afford their wages. As a result i would like them to be removed from the response news item.

Or at least have the opportunity to remove those people from the applicants list permanently for the current job advert.

Kind of like giving them the response "due to your wage demands you will not be considered for the position".

Also if people are able to apply for positions i don't see why i can't negotiate for a contract, as that seems to happen relatively often.

Had a position for GK coach out there and one guy was applying but i couldn't enter contract negotiations with him. No idea why.

Would be nice with an explanation why i can't if there is a reason for it.

Something that has annoyed me all year...

When the match is over you go through the news and has a press conference. As it has to be responded to and i do my own PC's i attend and then comes the question about Player X receiving a serious injury in the last match. There is then normally two or three more questions about the injury but as of yet i've not had the news regarding the injury so i have to go back, read the rest of the news and go back to the press conference.

As an injury to a player is important i would like to see that news come before Press Conferences.

Here are some minor features which I feel would be great additions to the game:

Live Scores Widget: There is a Live Scores Widget currently but it is somewhat one dimensional. Suppose I'm a Premier League team playing an FA Cup match. The widget in its current form displays the scores of only the live FA Cup matches. Often there are interesting Premier League/Champions League matches going on simultaneously. I'd like to be able to view their live scores as well. If not all the matches, I'd like to chose the teams I'd like to follow beforehand. Say I want to keep track of Real Madrid. I would like the option to see the score from Real Madrid's match if its timings coincide with mine. It could be expanded to contain information about not just the scoreline. Line-ups, substitutions and stats could have a link leading to them from the score line.

Contracts Renewal Intimation- We often instruct our Assistant/DoF to renew the contracts of our First Team/Reserves/U-18 players. It would be very useful if we are notified when the coach begins the contract negotiation process with any player. Sometimes we don't want a player's contract renewed. This message would prove useful. We should be able to do one of two things: Stop the assistant from beginning contract negotiations. And placing restrictions on Squad status/ weekly wage/ bonuses etc.

Reserves and U-18 Team Line-ups: We all want our top talents (youth) playing for the U-18s week in week out right? So how about adding a screen like the Match Preview and Submit Squad screen whenever the B and C teams have matches? You could choose the entire line-up or fill up 3-4 slots with the rest being picked by the coach in charge. Ofcourse the entire thing should be OPTIONAL and should have the option to be handed over to the coach in charge (like it is now). This should basically work like the Instant Result in FMC wherein you pick a team or parts of it just before the match. Then normal simming proceeds and you get the result as you do now (along with other news items).

Cancelling links with Affiliate Clubs: As seasons go by, the needs and reputations of teams change. For example, when I start managing a Premier League team, I usually have one or two Feeders in League Two and Conference where I can loan out youth players. Seasons go by and my youth facilities rating increases. The youth I produce are no longer of League Two quality when they are eligible to go on loan. They are upper League One and Lower Championship standard. It becomes quite redundant to have League Two and Conference Feeder clubs. While the game already recognizes such redundant partnerships, I'd like the manager to be given the option to terminate such partnerships once during every season to avoid unnecessary spending. Of course, this should only come into picture when the manager has been at the said club for a long time.

Facilities Discussion: If we have been a manager at a club for a long time, we should get the ability to input our opinion in some internal matter. For example: Say the club in question has a bank balance of around 20 Million pounds. The board proposes a stadium upgradation of adding 10,000 seats for 10 Million. A potential Training facility upgrade costs 12 Million and a Youth Academy upgrade costs 8 Million. We should be able to tell the board which of the three options is the best one at the current instant of time. The board is then free to accept or reject our suggestion. Of course, for this to work, we must be presented with an estimate of how much each upgrade could cost and what it would yield (10,000 seats added/ upgrade to Top Training Facilites, etc)

Commentary- When one plays 400-500 games every year in comprehensive detail, it is very easy to become bored. This is where the game needs to do its part to keep the players hooked. Better and more varied text commentary is one of the best ways to do it. The current system is boring, out-dated and repetitive. An overhaul of the text commentary is badly needed. More match scenarios should be implemented so that the commentary can be more varied. Also, for the same scenario, the user should have the ability to input 3 or 4 different lines of commentary out of which the computer would then select one (at random). Most of the current system focuses on the match. It would be interesting for the commentary to point out various other things as well. For example:

*If in a particular league match, one team can leapfrog the other in the table, the commentary should discuss the possible scenarios, list out the team's next fixtures (like saying Southampton at home, Liverpool away) and so on and so forth.

*Aesthetic aspects such as but not exclusive to the weather, the attendance, the significance of the match (cup knockout round or a league fixture, potential derby encounter in the next round).

*Individual stats about the players: If a player on 19 goals for the season, misses an easy chance (CCC), the commentary could note that that could have been said player's 20th for the season. Also, mentioning league stats for the player in possession like his pass completion, assists, key passes etc which would be accurate upto the last game the player has played.

*Match stats for players: A player completing 90%+ of his passes during a game should be mentioned when he is in possession of the ball. Ofcourse, such commentary should become active only after 60-70 minutes of the game.

Live Scores Widget: There is a Live Scores Widget currently but it is somewhat one dimensional. Suppose I'm a Premier League team playing an FA Cup match. The widget in its current form displays the scores of only the live FA Cup matches. Often there are interesting Premier League/Champions League matches going on simultaneously. I'd like to be able to view their live scores as well. If not all the matches, I'd like to chose the teams I'd like to follow beforehand. Say I want to keep track of Real Madrid. I would like the option to see the score from Real Madrid's match if its timings coincide with mine. It could be expanded to contain information about not just the scoreline. Line-ups, substitutions and stats could have a link leading to them from the score line.

I thought you could chose different competition scores that are going on when you play. Like the idea of selecting certain teams scores though.

Contracts Renewal Intimation- We often instruct our Assistant/DoF to renew the contracts of our First Team/Reserves/U-18 players. It would be very useful if we are notified when the coach begins the contract negotiation process with any player. Sometimes we don't want a player's contract renewed. This message would prove useful. We should be able to do one of two things: Stop the assistant from beginning contract negotiations. And placing restrictions on Squad status/ weekly wage/ bonuses etc.

Why not just do the negotiations yourself? I don't see the point in letting someone else do it only for you to set guidelines for half the options.

Cancelling links with Affiliate Clubs: As seasons go by, the needs and reputations of teams change. For example, when I start managing a Premier League team, I usually have one or two Feeders in League Two and Conference where I can loan out youth players. Seasons go by and my youth facilities rating increases. The youth I produce are no longer of League Two quality when they are eligible to go on loan. They are upper League One and Lower Championship standard. It becomes quite redundant to have League Two and Conference Feeder clubs. While the game already recognizes such redundant partnerships, I'd like the manager to be given the option to terminate such partnerships once during every season to avoid unnecessary spending. Of course, this should only come into picture when the manager has been at the said club for a long time.

I thought you could do this? At least you could in FM13. Just go to the Affiliate Club page and select who you want to cancel links with.

Wouldn't it be cool if say, as Tottenham, under the General Information screen you could click on the derbies listed (i.e Arsenal) and it gives a list of all the recent results of the derby matches, and your fans' thoughts on the team's derby performances? Maybe the fan's thoughts is a little much, and already easily found, but I think being able to see your previous performance against big rivals would be nice.

Two Ides

When players negotiating contracts with club, Image rights should be included, like how Real Madrid gets 50% from the players Image money, and how Messi didn't sign a contract till they give him 100% of his image rights to him.

Also have Chairmans that wants you to make profit at the end of the year, lets say, certain club expects you to succeed but also bring X amount of profit a year.

Really hope we'll see team talks getting overhauled in FM15.

I've been using the same "Pleased with how you're playing, keep it up/I'm happy with that result" and "Far from pleased with how you're playing/Not happy with that result" for the last 4 versions because it always gets by far the best reaction, regardless of context. Boring.

The same thing goes for press conferences. Been almost exactly the same for the last 5 years. I understand it's impossible to make a dynamic or "realistic" press conference experience, but I'm sure SI could put a lot more effort into them.

things i find annoying and should be fixed are: coaches not having a star rating .. so you end up hiring a coach only too find out he is actually rubbish at what you hired him too do despite him having 20's ... i want too know before hiring him if he has 5 star rating or 3 star please fix this.. scouting is very limited . more options please .. what do clubs do in real life?? training .. why do my players constantly lose 1 point here and there on various stats??? a player can one week have 20 speed and acceleration and the next its now 19 and never recovers .. times this by all the other stats that get reduced and a player ends up being being worse off by 2 -3 points on every stat with no explanation why and often don't recover what they lose even in their peak when they are supposed too be at their best .. then you add in the ageing attrition and players past 33 are just ruined ... no chance of any ryan giggs aged players playing at the top level..

also its impossible too get affiliate clubs most of the time.. even if you ask for a specific club..

As at this point in time in FM, if you and the AI comprising numerous clubs are interested in a player, and for some reason you currently don't have the funds to get him, and then they start a bidding race, you can disrupt them by bidding and negotiating a massive contract that you probably cannot afford if you had the funds on ground.. the player accepts your offer and rejects theirs but the move falls through coz you dont have the funds.. thereby allowing you to make the bid later and land the man.. This is a loophole that should be fixed. I can continue disrupting the transfer dealings of my biggest rivals in a malevolent way, and get away with it.. I suggest it's fixed in such a way that you cannot proceed to negotiations (though you can bid) if you don't have the funds.. thereby allowing only the clubs that have the funds to complete the deal to go ahead to negotiate contracts with the player..

Also, i once wanted to improve my team near the end of the transfer window. I wanted a player but had to sell another player in my team (an important player) to provide the funds.. After all the calculations.., i sold the guy, and that transfer was a done deal.. I got the cash, my board took 10%. I then still had enuf to complete the new deal.. But still that didnt go tru as when the deal was to be confirmed, the agent who owned 40% of the player demanded to be paid off for me to play him in matches (as per the league rules in EPL), but i found that my funds calculations missed the mark by about 1 million.. so that deal fell through.. i had saved after selling the big player, so i couldn't go back.. I had to abandon the save coz there was no way i could continue with a weakened team, and the money being in the bank but having to wait half a season or more... This kind of issue needs to be looked at.. either, provide an ALL PAYMENT INVOLVED where the game sums up everything you'd need to buy this player, so that i could know how much i'd have to make to get him in full, or something..

Also, there's always a dilemma for me..

When a new version is about to come out, like the 2015 for instance, you're all excited that new changes will come here and there and that the game would be better.. but you also usually have a save that's going on and that you love... How does someone manage this two polar horns of a dilemma? Do you leave your beloved save where you've worked your a** off trying to achieve stuff, or do you just abandon it and get the new version????

This leads me to this.. somehow SI should make old saves (from the previous version (in this case, 2014)) playable on the new version (in this case, 2015).. We'd still get the game, you'd still get your cash, but we'd still have our saves and continue from where we left off..

It's a WIN-WIN.. but the only downside to this logic is that it will start looking like it's just a patch.. (but that's just playing in our mind.. )

Teamtalks:

Less of the rubbish about 'being on a run of good form'. I'd like to be able to say "I expect a performance" or "You played crap last week, shape up tonight!" but I get stuck with the usual "We are the favourites, lets keep our run going" or whatnot.

I'd also like to see 'split' talks (an OPTIONAL) feature, where you can say 'Well done, we played well and it was a good win" then follow it up with "However, you need to be much more clinical" or "You took far too long to get the opening goal" Praise with criticism and so on, not targeting individual players but the team as a whole.

Youth Transfers:

I think the pendelum has swung too far the other way, youth prospects should be determined to get out of a lower feeder team and into the squads of the big clubs when approached as a youngster, for FAR less money than they need persuading thesedays.

More individual preferences from players:

That is, more players should be supporters of clubs that they don't come through the academy of. At the moment a lot support their own clubs, there needs to be more that support other clubs. I'd like my youth coming through supporting a rival or something.

Match Engine:

Sort out the crossing, it's crap.

Sort out corners, it's crap.

Sort out the 'he didn't mean that!" which, happens about 4 times a match and often includes keepers running out and punching the ball over the bar from the penalty spot as an example of a fluky cross.

Sort out the shooting areas, too many shots are taken at stupid angles when it is far better to cut the ball back or cross.

Sort out the amount of open-net chances that magically makes its way to the hands of the keeper, who is out of position, he's by the corner flag but he'll get back in time to save it trust me on this.

Make it so there is less of the usual 'Six in the box chances and they're all skied or skewed at the keeper' vs "Fantastic one on one chance is actually put away with aplomb by the striker with less finishing and composure and technique in a more difficult situation than your own six chances earlier" - It can happen, yes, but it happens far too much.

Sort out the response time of the team to move back into the transitional phase. Too often a corner is cleared and the attacking team sits in the box while the person picking up the ball has no options cos no one bothers to track back and help (both AI and human)

Sort out the defensive response time for the above as well (they stay, when they should push out and raise the offside line.)

Sort out the awareness of players; Too many passes bounce off a player because it's not the intended passing option and the opposition/my team get a nice counter attack because ot it. It's fine in the lower leagues but doesn't happen that often in the higher leagues.

Tweak the bloody passing options, too many cross-field switch balls across the entire defensive line - that's suicidal and shouldn't happen unless it's a forward cross pass.

Tweak the passing so we get more passing in the middle, as it is it's ping-pong up the way. The majority of passing in a highlight is in or around the box, that needs to be further back, the majority is around the half away line 1/3rd area; unless the team is dominating, THEN the passing is fine.

Can already be done on the AFFILIATES portion of Club Info..

Facilities Discussion: If we have been a manager at a club for a long time, we should get the ability to input our opinion in some internal matter. For example: Say the club in question has a bank balance of around 20 Million pounds. The board proposes a stadium upgradation of adding 10,000 seats for 10 Million. A potential Training facility upgrade costs 12 Million and a Youth Academy upgrade costs 8 Million. We should be able to tell the board which of the three options is the best one at the current instant of time. The board is then free to accept or reject our suggestion. Of course, for this to work, we must be presented with an estimate of how much each upgrade could cost and what it would yield (10,000 seats added/ upgrade to Top Training Facilites, etc)

Can also be done already..

Commentary- When one plays 400-500 games every year in comprehensive detail, it is very easy to become bored. This is where the game needs to do its part to keep the players hooked. Better and more varied text commentary is one of the best ways to do it. The current system is boring, out-dated and repetitive. An overhaul of the text commentary is badly needed. More match scenarios should be implemented so that the commentary can be more varied. Also, for the same scenario, the user should have the ability to input 3 or 4 different lines of commentary out of which the computer would then select one (at random). Most of the current system focuses on the match. It would be interesting for the commentary to point out various other things as well. For example:

*If in a particular league match, one team can leapfrog the other in the table, the commentary should discuss the possible scenarios, list out the team's next fixtures (like saying Southampton at home, Liverpool away) and so on and so forth.

*Aesthetic aspects such as but not exclusive to the weather, the attendance, the significance of the match (cup knockout round or a league fixture, potential derby encounter in the next round).

*Individual stats about the players: If a player on 19 goals for the season, misses an easy chance (CCC), the commentary could note that that could have been said player's 20th for the season. Also, mentioning league stats for the player in possession like his pass completion, assists, key passes etc which would be accurate upto the last game the player has played.

*Match stats for players: A player completing 90%+ of his passes during a game should be mentioned when he is in possession of the ball. Ofcourse, such commentary should become active only after 60-70 minutes of the game.

Number 1 This can already be done.. but at half time only.. Just go to the COMPETITIONS tab at half time on the MATCH SCORES screen, click the drop down arrow and select the competition you want to view current life scores.. they obviously have to be playing at the same time or close to the same time as your own match

Affiliate Club updates and Facilities upgrade.. These are already in the game...

Number 6 I agree with this but i also feel the processing costs involved in this pursuit on the processor of users would be high.. Not everyone has a highend PC. So this would make the game slow, but i do agree with the reasoning.. More and updated commentary that can read from the games' database is certainly a welcome idea

I'd love to be able to create my manager face rather than uploading a picture. I can never get a picture quite right, but if I could create a regen style face for my manager it'd be great.

Just do this with Facegen 3.5 Free.

Just quick impression. Took me 5 minutes to do so. It's not my face, just saying.

l9keDXm.png

QaacC7B.png

EDIT: Just edit. :rolleyes:

I think that there should be a better way of getting feedback on your tactics. Currently, you get vague statements about "too much space between our defence and midfield" or "we aren't crossing well today" from our assistant. Instead of problems, give me solutions!

Maybe when I "meet my backroom staff" we could have a tactical discussion.

"Ok chaps, let's discuss how we've been playing with our 4-3-3 formation this year" - followed by a number of inputs, e.g.

- We struggle to win back possession, have you considered a ball-winning midfielder? or playing with a DM?

- We struggle to retain possession - we need players with better passing, composure, or to stop playing direct football

- There is too much gap between our attack and midfield at times, perhaps we should have the "Adv Fwd" play as a "deep lying striker"

etc etc - I just want tangible solutions, so I can "learn" more about my tactics. Instead I just get problems chucked at me and I have to figure out myself how to fix them without unbalancing everything. Of course 'guess-check-and-improve' is very tough when you make a change and it decreases your team's tactical familiarity.

More competition in the transfer market in later years please - I've started as Rangers and have managed to create a world class squad by 2020. How? Because it's so easy to improve my team with out-of-contract players who drop off the radar and get released from their clubs. If even the most mediocre premiership player ended up free from contract at the end of the season, there'd be dozens of suitors. As it is, I'm just scooping them up without any problems on January pre-contracts. That kind of transfer market 'victory' should be the exception rather than the rule with my 4 or 5 player-per-season free signings.

(Is this because my only 'active leagues' are Scottish ones, where I'm the biggest club? Would it be different if I activated the English / Spanish leagues beyond view-only?)

More competition in the transfer market in later years please - I've started as Rangers and have managed to create a world class squad by 2020. How? Because it's so easy to improve my team with out-of-contract players who drop off the radar and get released from their clubs. If even the most mediocre premiership player ended up free from contract at the end of the season, there'd be dozens of suitors. As it is, I'm just scooping them up without any problems on January pre-contracts. That kind of transfer market 'victory' should be the exception rather than the rule with my 4 or 5 player-per-season free signings.

(Is this because my only 'active leagues' are Scottish ones, where I'm the biggest club? Would it be different if I activated the English / Spanish leagues beyond view-only?)

Smaller database and more active, playable leagues would cetainly make the transfer market more competitive than you are currently experiencing.

After a discussion on another thread, I'd like to see reduced instantaneous visibility of a player's stats/abilities.

As soon as a player turns up at your club on trial, we seem to know each of his attributes to within 5% of their real value (i.e. an integer between 1 - 20). IRL would any manager, scout or supporter be able to gauge someone that quickly, or that well? Maybe there should be a period of uncertainty about a player's attributes - for example: Player X joins on trial. You have a rough idea that he can pick out a pass, so his passing is between 14-18. Creativity? 12-15. Quickness? We can garner that pretty quickly, surely?! Let's do some sprinting sessions.

An alternative, as posed by RonnyDonny, is:

What they should do is not display all there attributes straight away. So for example if said player only has 5 attributes visible before you bring them in keep it that way and gradually expose the others as you theoretically test them in training. This should be implemented in scouting and not have all attributes visible with just one visit to a training session by scouts.

Either way, we don't have this unrealistic situation where a scout, a coach or the manager himself sees someone and instantly quantifies all of his abilities.

probably mentioned before, id like to have the tactic option to change formation according if iam in ball posession or not

i want my team to defend in a 4411 formation, but when iam on the ball, or starting with a goalkick from my keeper, id like to form a 3-1-4-2 for example

This is already in the game.

Your formation and relevant instructions are your defensive shape while the attacking instuctions you give shape your attacks.

As Alex has said a 4411 to a 3142 is a bit extreme and I don't see how that would work but the more common 451 to 433 is easily achievable as are others.

more competitive AI is much needed .. on every game it only takes a few seasons too start dominating and winning everything every year.. gets boring in that respect..

transfers need work aswell .. i lose count of the amount of times a team will buy expensive players for a position that already has lots of expensive players occupying it .. i mean how many 30mil strikers do you need in a 4-5-1 setup?

also selling players is a pain in the ass .. the AI will always offer a fraction of what a player is worth.

we need more realism all round ..

especially on youth players .. the quality just drops the longer you play the game ... top clubs like barca don't get many good youth players and develop them even less .. also loans and B teams don't improve players enough..

more competitive AI is much needed .. on every game it only takes a few seasons too start dominating and winning everything every year.. gets boring in that respect..

transfers need work aswell .. i lose count of the amount of times a team will buy expensive players for a position that already has lots of expensive players occupying it .. i mean how many 30mil strikers do you need in a 4-5-1 setup?

also selling players is a pain in the ass .. the AI will always offer a fraction of what a player is worth.

we need more realism all round ..

especially on youth players .. the quality just drops the longer you play the game ... top clubs like barca don't get many good youth players and develop them even less .. also loans and B teams don't improve players enough..

I would like the AI to no longer be able to register squads illegally. On the opposite end of the spectrum I'd like to see them stop registering players who don't need to be and having unregistered players for no reason as a result.

I disagree though about the no great players late on in game. I'm in 2030 and there seems to be at least 50 180+ CA players.

Archived