What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I would really like a feature that would allow us to convert old save files so that they can be compatible with future versions of FM

I understand the technical issues and difficulty involved in making this happen but for some of us who have put 4 thousand plus hours into the series starting a new file can suck and honestly I tend to skip out on buying new versions of FM due to this

Also I think I saw this in a previous post but adding the option to change the kits in game would be nice it is realistic and honestly that is the only thing I use editors for

Also I would like to see playing time be a little more important to younger players

-for example-

On my current FM14 file 18-19 year old players get a bit upset when I don't accept a bid for them from a bigger club like Man City. In which case if I were to accept a bid for them they would only land on the Reserves team and maybe be loaned out and eventually sold. The irony being that at that age in football 17-23 is when youngsters need regular games angling for a move at that age while getting regular football doesn't make sense however if they were 25 or so entering their prime I can understand that mentality. For realistic evidence of this I point to Romelu Lukaku who just left Chelsea this summer to join Everton in search of regular football he wouldn't get at Chelsea at the age of 21 (I think) and we could make a decent argument that Everton is a substantially lesser club in regards to Chelsea. (no disrespect intended)

This also brings up the point that CL football means absolutely nothing in FM14

It doesn't make sense to me that those youngsters mentioned above would leave a club that gives them consistent playing time and consistently appears in the knockout rounds of the CL for a club that will loan them out to a lower league English club if they are lucky.

In short I would like to see players value the situation that is a good fit for their development as opposed to just looking at the reputation values of the club bidding for them.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I would like to see playing time be a little more important to younger players

-for example-

On my current FM14 file 18-19 year old players get a bit upset when I don't accept a bid for them from a bigger club like Man City. In which case if I were to accept a bid for them they would only land on the Reserves team and maybe be loaned out and eventually sold. The irony being that at that age in football 17-23 is when youngsters need regular games angling for a move at that age while getting regular football doesn't make sense however if they were 25 or so entering their prime I can understand that mentality. For realistic evidence of this I point to Romelu Lukaku who just left Chelsea this summer to join Everton in search of regular football he wouldn't get at Chelsea at the age of 21 (I think) and we could make a decent argument that Everton is a substantially lesser club in regards to Chelsea. (no disrespect intended)

In short I would like to see players value the situation that is a good fit for their development as opposed to just looking at the reputation values of the club bidding for them.

This would actually be so much better if implemented, the amount of times I've got a 16 year old wonderkid re-gen and he wants to leave after a season is stupid, they should include more realistic player expectations as well

I am still on 13, so wondering if the following was improved for 14. If not I hope it is in 15 :)

I am a manager of a small but very successful team, with a few players who have worldwide reputations. Players who could earn a lot more elsewhere. No other team comes in for these players. They do not make ask about them , they do not talk to the press, they do not put in actual bids. Yet if I were to transfer list these players I would have a list of 10-20 teams immediately interested, making formal bids.

There needs to be more pressure put on by the AI when it comes to holding on to your star names. At the moment , it is too easy. Apologies if this has already been corrected, or I am repeating what other have already said.

It's always nice that you get a message about winning a triple, quadruple or quintuple. Makes it kind of a let down that you don't get that message if you win a sextuple or septuple. Be nice to have that added in even though it won't happen very often.

More of this 'Head Coach' thing. Interviews for jobs specify that you have no input over transfers (that a DoF will be there and cannot be removed, unless by the owner) and that all deals in and out will go above your head. This can vary in extremes from club to club - some giving you absolutely no power with your duties just being that of a training and matchday coach, with others allowing you to meet with DoF and Chief Scout to discuss transfers etc (although they will obviously have more power in such a setup).

I'm starting a new save. Ran six years last night while sleeping. Now just a matter of finding the job I want. My goal is to coach in Scotland (not sure why...lol). A nice feature would be the vacation option with apply for jobs just in a particular country. It only allows filtering by prestige rating.

If I've got 'Allow Wide Players To Swap' selected and I make substitution involving one of those players, I have to do some weird logic puzzle to work out where the player I'm bringing on is going to end up on the pitch.

There are some scenarios in which I'd rather my Inside Forward doesn't end up at full-back.

So, some sort of fix for 'Allow Wide Players To Swap' that actually gives me a measure of control over who ends up where would be nice.

A very small wish- stop including physios in the "Other Staff" section. It's frustrating realising you've filled all of those spots with coaches and discovering you now haven't got a physio.

I dunno if it's been mentioned or not before, but I'd love a third database option when starting a new save, rather than post summer transfers, and post January, one that has no transfers done and the clubs full budget. So, say I play as Man Utd, I could start without them having signed Shaw and Herrera, and also with the 60m give or take added to their transfer budget. Or Chelsea, I could choose to see what would happen if they decided to keep, and build around Lukaku, rather than selling him and bringing in Costa and Drogba.

I guess it would be a huge hassle to implement though.

I would love to see an old feature, back in cm2 italy days, in the tactics screen the pitch was divided in 3×4 grids for with the ball and without, allowing you to choose how you wanted your players to postion in match situations.

This would be a fantastic feature to return for more in depth tactics for example, your fullback picks up the ball in bottom right grid, you pull your target man out wide left for the huge cross field ball while bringing your attacking mid bursting through to pick up the knockdown....please bring back

I would love to see an old feature, back in cm2 italy days, in the tactics screen the pitch was divided in 3×4 grids for with the ball and without, allowing you to choose how you wanted your players to postion in match situations.

This would be a fantastic feature to return for more in depth tactics for example, your fullback picks up the ball in bottom right grid, you pull your target man out wide left for the huge cross field ball while bringing your attacking mid bursting through to pick up the knockdown....please bring back

I've seen it said a few times that SI won't bring back WIBBLE/WOBBLE.

I can see why - it's much easier for a human manager to use this to their advantage than it is for the AI - but it does seem as if it's removing an option that real managers do have open to them (player ability notwithstanding).

I've seen it said a few times that SI won't bring back WIBBLE/WOBBLE.

I can see why - it's much easier for a human manager to use this to their advantage than it is for the AI - but it does seem as if it's removing an option that real managers do have open to them (player ability notwithstanding).

Yeah it won't be back; the game has moved a long ways on from it. To be fair, you can pretty much replicate wibble/wobble with the current tactic system. The shape you choose is your wobble, essentially, then your mentality and team instructions etc. for attack are the wibble. Now it's been ages since wibble/wobble so it's hazy in my memory, but it seems to me much of the same, just a different way of setting about it.

Not sure if this has been said on here yet so I apologize if I'm going over old ground.

If I'm honest I didn't like the wing play in 2014, no matter who/how I tried to play their crossing was shocking and wayward either hitting the bar or squaring into the middle where no one is there, on older versions you could nominate a target man & playmaker in team tactics. It'd be nice if this was back rather than having to assign the player to the role just to get people to pass to him. I also liked the sliders in the tactics for tempo, and defensive lines.

Also being able to try to offer a contract to a player who is not interested, just to see if you can tempt him.

Also being able to try to offer a contract to a player who is not interested, just to see if you can tempt him.

Although I'm not an expert I think this is already in the game to a very acceptable level. Yes there are some players who are instantly red and refuse discussions, but there are also a lot of other types.

Some players will listen to your first offer and then reject instantly if it isn't an absolute massive amount. For me these fit your request, you don't need to be able to make an offer to Messi whilst playing in League 2.

There are also some players who your scouts say isn't interested and don't show up on player search "exclude unrealistic" filter, but then will listen to your first offer and can accept if it is big enough.

The game has a whole range of different "options" with regard to player contract offering possiblity/lack of possiblity and I think they get the balance right, but that is only an opinion with regard to yours.

I'm still playing FM11 so I apologise if one or more of these are implemented already but they popped into my head as I'm getting back into FM as the new season starts.

1. To discuss up front what I want from the board. I like to develop youth and have had a job where I just could not get the board to invest in youth development, preferring instead to buy players. Had I known that before, I wouldn't have taken the job.

2. To be able to chat with my players on loan. Yes, you can private chat with players but seemingly only when they're on club premises. I'd like to be able to talk to them and see how they think it's going with their current club so I can see the player is happy and if he's progressing.

Speaking of which...

3. When a player goes on loan I'd like if it his stats could be saved (maybe as a snapshot) so when he comes back, I can compare and see how much he has developed. At the moment, development is only shown for players at the club.

1) First Team Players available for U19/Reserve Matches. Instead of listing this out line by line (which is not very visually appealing) i.e.:

These players are currently marked for being available...

These players are not currently marked for being available...

These unused players are currently marked...

These players needing match fitness...

Have sort of a checklist for this, so it's not just sorting through text. It brings up your players (and you check off who is available).

Would like a broadly more attribute-based approach to a player's ability to play certain positions, where the fitting of attributes to role is more important than now, and can to a certain extent "override" the player's positional attributes. In practice this would mean a more broad centre midfield positional ability, with attributes defining how and where that player can play, deep or advanced or central. It makes sense for example that someone like Yann M'Villa is given just a DMC positional ability because he is clearly a deep playing midfielder, but this shouldn't mean you can't play him in a broad "double pivot" alongside someone with just a MC ability who plays a bit higher up, without having to retrain one or the other or play a skewed formation.

Another area this would be relevant would be for full backs, let's say you want to play with wing backs, you may have to retrain them, or maybe an attacking full back without a wing back positional rating would simply take to it naturally, and a full back with more defensive attributes would take more to playing wide in a back three.

This would also mean it would be easier to retrain someone who realistically would have to be retrained, like a striker learning to play wide, where that player's attributes are conducive to any of the roles available in a wide attacking position, dribbling, passing, pace etc.

I'd like to play as director of football.

Been playing since the very first game (yes, I'm THAT old) and I no longer have the time or the desire to deal with bloated tactics or training. I just like finding players, buying and selling and that sort of thing, building my team. I'd like to play as director, I sign players, I sign the manager, he can run the team. SI, hello... come on already...

I'd love this. I'd also love to manage youth teams, bringing regens through from years 14 to 18 and coping with different pressures and requests from on high.

I'd like to suggest an improvement to the player development graph under Development>Training for individual players. After about a year it becomes difficult to determine what the attribute's value is on the graph.

From this:

MyEuguv.jpg

To something like this:

EpxFL0H.jpg

There can be something bigger than this. For me, I often struggle to see how much a player has improved in training month after month, season after season. But the problem is that I can't build an idea how to fix this... Screenshot comparison (like player comparison, only these are made automatically each 1st day of a month)? Digits instead of green/red arrows (+1, -1)?

Change the boardroom demands.

Playing as Peterborough at the moment and we are in second place with only 8 games to go, we still have a chance of even catching Wolves and win the league.

The board asked for 3 things.

1. Attacking football - We are doing just that.

2. Give youth a chance - Again we are doing that.

3. Sign players from Ireland - There is no one good enough for us to sign!

The board are disappointed that I am not signing players from Ireland, I have 6 scouts and have sent them all to Ireland so I could sign players from there, they all come back saying it was a waste of time, I have some really good scouts, they have +14/15 for JPA and JPP and they never come back with anyone to sign.

I have tried to remove this from the board expectations but they are saying "you are not doing a very good job so you are not in a position to make demands"....

Yeah right, I am second and going for promotion, I got put out the FA cup in the 3rd round 3-2 away to Liverpool, money is good and everything else they are well chuffed with including squad harmony which is maxed out, also they are chuffed at just about all my signings.

Are they really going to hang me out to dry because I do not sign players from Ireland?

Here is promotion to the Championship in touching distance but they would rather I signed average players from Ireland?

An understanding of any 'past successes' you have had when deciding current targets / expectations.

E.g. You bring a side from league 2 who have a very low reputation to the Prem.

Obviously the team rep will increase so that your attendance / players that you can sign will change.

This however, is directly transferred to your expectations.

I hope that makes sense.

Basically. I believe that your expectations should be different if you add youself as a prem team who have a rep of 180 as opposed to a team that you brought up from league 2 that now has a rep of 180.

I would like to be able to find a figure for how much a player has cost me in total. So having a box somewhere in the player presentation with info on how much money a player have cost in terms of salary, bonuses etc. during their time with the club would be helpful.

I'd really like this too.

More youth team

Have the possibility to create more than a U18 team (or U19, U21, etc) and a Reserve for a club with the game editor. In reality, Ajax has plenty of teams (Ajax A1, Ajax A2, Ajax B1, etc, plus the reserve).

Dynamic clubs

The game would be more realistic if clubs were dynamics. I mean, some clubs could skyrocket while others could have financial difficulties and thus be retrograded of 2/3 divisions (like in France with Grenoble 38, Le MANS, Sedan, etc) and even disappear because of bankruptcy (and would reappear with an other name and leaded by the supporters like Tampere United, CP Merida, UD Salamanca).

More fan/club interaction, I.e a meeting with the supporters club where fans ask you questions, like the media question's. As well as an occasional 'managers comments for match day programme' would be a nice touch

A farewell meeting to the current team, when the manager resigns, is to join a new team during mid-season, or even is sacked. This could also be linked to unsettle some players who list the manager as favourite personnel.

News items about International squad selections need to change. I keep seeing the item about the England manager picking his squad and the public/media making calls for the inclusion of Alex Smithies and Luke Steele (always these two players) yet in every squad the manager doesn't pick them. It's now 2023 and it's the same two players yet neither have ever won a cap. Change the record!

Not sure if it has been mentioned but here goes..

Probably a feature which may not have too much of an impact on us as a manager but would be good to see a fans confidence or happiness with the current board. You might get backing from the fans if you haven't been backed enough by your board i.e. Blackpool at the moment. Not in depth but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at!

Made an account purely to post this.

I think there's nothing worse than showing off one of your players to a mate once he's like 35/36 or retired and you just get a reaction like "oh yeah he's decent" when you can remember how insane he was like back in the day!

So as a solution I suggest something like "In his prime" or whatever that is on a tab on the player's retirement screen. This could be a rolling screenshot of a player's attributes that gets refreshed every time his current ability increases. This way once "random regen #234521" retires you can actually go "Look at how good this dude was!".

I know in reality you could do it yourself but I just think it'd be a nice feature.

There can be something bigger than this. For me, I often struggle to see how much a player has improved in training month after month, season after season. But the problem is that I can't build an idea how to fix this... Screenshot comparison (like player comparison, only these are made automatically each 1st day of a month)? Digits instead of green/red arrows (+1, -1)?

Maybe a solution would be on the player profiles to have a tab to goto the compare player screen but instead of comparing different players having the option to compare the same player to what his stats were 1 month ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, 1 year ago, 2 years ago, 5 years ago and 10 years ago.

That way you have a side by side comparison on every attribute.

I'd really like saved games to be compatible with newer versions of FM. I decided not to buy FM14 because I didn't have time to start over. And I got almost every game of the series...

The other thing that I really, really dislike (much more than the saved games thing tbh) is what someone above mentioned - players are only valued based on their attributes and/or PA/CA. So if someone has an amazing season and scores say 20 goals in a league but has crappy attributes then he's not going to get any interest. IRL if someone scores a lot of goals/gest assissts/plays good defence he's at least going to get some clubs to check him out. In FM it's enough to send scout and you can easily tell that it was just a one time thing and his attributes are not gonna go any higher. So nobody shows any interest. IRL players at the age of 26 can have great season and get transferred to one of the best teams in the world where you don't know if they become much, much better or stay at the same level. Here that's not an option and a player having a good season doesn't mean anything.

I had a game on FM13 where I took Wrexham from english 5th league (I think) to eventually winning CL and it was the best game I had. I had soooo much fun. But to give an example of what I mean, I had this guy that was my main striker for first four seasons I think, up to 3rd division (I had to stay two years in 4th) and every season he would get aruond 20-30 goals. He was incredibly fast for that league which i think was totally random. And all that time there wasn't a single club interested in him, even though it was clear that he could score a lot. After that fourth season I had more money and decided to go for other players that were better than him but the point is he retired at the age of 23 of 24 because there wasn't a single club that had offered him a contract! That's just ridiculous! Please fix that because it's killing most of the fun in a long-term game.

I'd really like saved games to be compatible with newer versions of FM. I decided not to buy FM14 because I didn't have time to start over. And I got almost every game of the series...

The other thing that I really, really dislike (much more than the saved games thing tbh) is what someone above mentioned - players are only valued based on their attributes and/or PA/CA. So if someone has an amazing season and scores say 20 goals in a league but has crappy attributes then he's not going to get any interest. IRL if someone scores a lot of goals/gest assissts/plays good defence he's at least going to get some clubs to check him out. In FM it's enough to send scout and you can easily tell that it was just a one time thing and his attributes are not gonna go any higher. So nobody shows any interest. IRL players at the age of 26 can have great season and get transferred to one of the best teams in the world where you don't know if they become much, much better or stay at the same level. Here that's not an option and a player having a good season doesn't mean anything.

I had a game on FM13 where I took Wrexham from english 5th league (I think) to eventually winning CL and it was the best game I had. I had soooo much fun. But to give an example of what I mean, I had this guy that was my main striker for first four seasons I think, up to 3rd division (I had to stay two years in 4th) and every season he would get aruond 20-30 goals. He was incredibly fast for that league which i think was totally random. And all that time there wasn't a single club interested in him, even though it was clear that he could score a lot. After that fourth season I had more money and decided to go for other players that were better than him but the point is he retired at the age of 23 of 24 because there wasn't a single club that had offered him a contract! That's just ridiculous! Please fix that because it's killing most of the fun in a long-term game.

Same problem with national teams. In real life the player with great stats will get called to national team. In FM I only call those with great attributes and ignore the stats/form completely.

It would be great to "skip" the low-important matches (which are not friendlies), by preparing the squad and giving some instructions (e.g. these 3 players to be introduced after minute 60). Sometimes it gets too boring to beat lower teams

I'd like to start the first 2014-15 season with all clubs forbidden to do transfers for that summer, so all clubs start the season with rosters exactly like in the real life.

Otherwise it often just looks funny, the club signed a player a week ago and sold him immediately..

I've been playing Football manager ever since it started, and Championship manager before that, and something I've said about so many times, without it ever really changing, is the youth system. Personally, I play the game for the regens that come through, but I feel completely at the mercy of the game for this. To improve the youth system, I would like the following to be added:

1) have youth players join at a younger age and develop at the club (like they did in Total Club Manager). This would stop the randomness of the regens coming through. It's ridiculous that I can save the day before they come through, load and then receive 16 completely different players.

2) have more players who could potentially become good enough for your team - I'm in the premier on my current game with West Brom, and I have players come through who can only become league one or league two comes through- why would a premiership team ever have players at their club that literally have no chance of ever being good enough for the premier league? Ideally all these players would be potentially premiership, and my assistant would give me reports indicating if he thinks they will make it or not (and could give me reasons why not, like 'he isn't determined enough' or 'not professional enough' etc). This would also allow the possibility of players being let go by big clubs but then get their career back on track (like Rickie Lambert - originally released by Liverpool when he was 15, but in FM this would never happen, because the clubs know what a players PA is and hang on to them until they're too old to improve)

3) sign youth players from other clubs - if the youth players were younger, you could possibly snap up promising players before they ever sign pro deals at their clubs (John Terry, for example, played for West Ham and then was signed by Chelsea aged 14). This could be extended so that you can sign promising players from foreign countries too (like Arsenal currently do).

2) have more players who could potentially become good enough for your team - I'm in the premier on my current game with West Brom, and I have players come through who can only become league one or league two comes through- why would a premiership team ever have players at their club that literally have no chance of ever being good enough for the premier league? Ideally all these players would be potentially premiership, and my assistant would give me reports indicating if he thinks they will make it or not (and could give me reasons why not, like 'he isn't determined enough' or 'not professional enough' etc). This would also allow the possibility of players being let go by big clubs but then get their career back on track (like Rickie Lambert - originally released by Liverpool when he was 15, but in FM this would never happen, because the clubs know what a players PA is and hang on to them until they're too old to improve)

3) sign youth players from other clubs - if the youth players were younger, you could possibly snap up promising players before they ever sign pro deals at their clubs (John Terry, for example, played for West Ham and then was signed by Chelsea aged 14). This could be extended so that you can sign promising players from foreign countries too (like Arsenal currently do).

2 - Sounds like you need to strengthen your youth facilities, recruitment network, junior coaching, and I guess quality of youth coaches. Why would being in the prem guarantee you good youth players in the absence of these things? How many players have West Brom produced from their youth academy that have been premiership level?? Certainly not "all".

3 - This already happens, only the manager doesn't control it, just as he likely wouldn't in real life. Once you get far into the future have a look in your transfer clauses page, occasionally you will owe another club add-ons for things like appearance milestones of a player you might have thought came though your academy.

It would be great to "skip" the low-important matches (which are not friendlies), by preparing the squad and giving some instructions (e.g. these 3 players to be introduced after minute 60). Sometimes it gets too boring to beat lower teams

this already happens in FMC does it not?

2 - Sounds like you need to strengthen your youth facilities, recruitment network, junior coaching, and I guess quality of youth coaches. Why would being in the prem guarantee you good youth players in the absence of these things? How many players have West Brom produced from their youth academy that have been premiership level?? Certainly not "all".

3 - This already happens, only the manager doesn't control it, just as he likely wouldn't in real life. Once you get far into the future have a look in your transfer clauses page, occasionally you will owe another club add-ons for things like appearance milestones of a player you might have thought came though your academy.

2- I have the best youth facilities possible, my youth coaches are fantastic, as is my Head of Youth Development, and my scouting network percentage stands at 74%, and all this information has remained constant for the past 5 seasons. Sure, I get more players who can become premiership quality after the improvements, but I still get most of them who can never become Premiership quality, no matter what. Some seasons, literally no players come through who can ever become even decent premier quality. There is no way that any premiership team has an Under 18s team that, if you ask the coaches at the club 'will any of these ever have the ability to play in the top league?' that a coach will say 'no chance'. The more likely reply would be 'with hard work, and luck, most of them could, but its up to them how far they can go'. The way the game is set out at the moment is akin to the movie Gattaca.

My argument is that there should be more players with the potential to play in the top leagues on the game, but of course, there should then be more players failing to reach this potential no matter how hard you try.

3- Yes, they do have some control over it. At Arsenal, for example, they specifically use Remi Garde to scout France and look for players there who are potentially good enough. Arsenal have training camps set up in foreign countries specifically looking to obtain these players. Maybe FM should allow the implementation of an academy or camp in a foreign country.

Archived