What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

1. I want to individually instruct my defender to take the goal kick instead of my keeper.
  2. I want to see a revamp of scouting reports with maybe seeing specific key player weaknesses in the news item so that I can immediately change individual/team instructions accordingly.
  3. Maybe a revamp of "Player History -> Career Stats" with a possibility to customise those views.
  4. I want to see a list of reasons why am I punishing a player for wages (poor performance, sent off, yellow card for diving, yelllow card for arguing with ref etc.). If I am punishing him for diving lots of times during his career - he might change his attributes or personality accordingly to become a more professional player.
  5. A revamp of international match reports for my players with individual tabs for each squad (Main/U23/U21/U20/U19/U18/U17). Not sure how it would look like but currently it's more of a mess for me when I look at all the results from different squads and different dates in one item.
  6. It would a great idea to add a Financial Director to the staff (or ask other staff to do that job in Staff Responsibilities tab) - he would advice me how to boost the finances (sell players with high wages etc). I would also like to talk about the financial situation with him as well (ask him to change the price of tickets if it's possible by 10% for next season). Maybe it's a bad idea but there has to be more interaction between the Board/Staff and me about Finances (how not to lose so much money and ideas how to change that).

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just been reading a thread about a lack of direct approaches from other clubs and it has given me an idea.

We track everything for a player in FM, but we actually track very little for a Manager.

I would like to see some sort of history drop-down where every application that a manager made was listed and also where offers of jobs/interviews are also recorded. Although my usual style is to NOT move clubs very often, I still like getting approached and it would be really cool if there was some way to track this as the game progresses.

Further to Jimbokav's post above, I'd like to see the manager's rep be dynamic.

i.e I get a news item that I'm playing with a purely domestic team and all power to me. My rep should go up slightly. I have a good cup run, my rep should go up temporarily.

Look at Roy Hodgson as an example. I've just taken Fulham to the Europa League Final, massive temporary rep boost. However, I get a job with Liverpool and my ACTUAL rep, after the boost has worn off (an arcade-y term, but best I can think of), my lack of repuatation leads me to struggle at Liverpool and I get the sack.

I'd like a few things changed with the crowd in the 3D match view.

1. Be more expressive when your team has just scored and less expressive at random times like when the opposition miss a penalty, the crowd celebrate more than when their team have just scored.

2. Have them seated in stadiums where the actual away allocations are seated (ie. St James Park, sit them up in Level 7, rather than the corner of the Milburn for example)

3. Better attendances. I'm playing with Burnley in the Prem, last time they were there in real life they had 20,000 season ticket holders. I play most of my games in front of 10,000 empty seats.

4. Show the crowd walking out of the stadium if the home team is like 2 or 3 down with 5 minutes to go. You could incorporate some sort of morale decrease into the team to go with it.

5. Benches. Some grounds don't have traditional benches, their subs etc sit in a small section in the main stand. We never see this.

It would also be good to add other things like occasional litter on the pitch (see the Stadium of Light for example). Or how about a streaker once in a blue moon?

I d like to see more analytic opposition team scouting based on the opponent manager's in-game preferences and tactical orientation.

Now it is too much about reporting statistics that cannot really help you make your plan.

For example:

1) How do they change their tactics in different game scenarios. E.g. when they are 1-0 down or when they try to secure a narrow win.

2) Possible player roles and duties utilization

3) How does their actual game look reported in terms equivalent to the human manager's shouts

4) Key and weak players in each line (def, mid, att)

5) Which are their usual substitutes.

I want that when i make tactical changes in match that i dont need to wait 15 minutes or computer to score goal.

Oh god yes, this.

Seen me foam at the mouth as I click confirm, then wait 12 mins while the ball has been out of play 10 times or more until my changes actually take effect.

As a lover of stats (and coming to FM from other games) one thing that is missing that I am used to seeing in every other game I play is career stats. Both for players and coaches.

And I mean a full blown table with detailed stats.

For example, I just noted that De Graafschap was looking for a coach. They are a team that I coached for one season. I pulled up the team, went to History>Head Coaches and it does show the list of former head coaches, the dates they were with the club and the Reason Left. What is not there...is any stats on Wins and Losses and then whatever other data points would be considered important in a career retrospective of either an individual coach or a team history.

And then similar history for players, broken down by season and then career totals. I saw a post about this yesterday elsewhere. These both seem to be basic "stat information" for a game that is so deep in stats and ratings.

I would like the AI to be better at managing their squads. There are too many unrealistic signings. I've seen the AI buy players for 30 million euros only to let them sit on the bench the whole season. I have some great examples: Dortmund bought Salah for 34.5 million euros in 2017 and in 2022 he has only played at most 11 games in one season, and he hasn't been injured. He has only played in the reserve team. It is very unrealistic considering he's a great player and fits the tactic perfectly. Another example is Maximilian Meyer. He went to Real Madrid for 25 million euros and played 9 games per season for three seasons (no injuries) and was sold to Dortmund for half the price. He spent two season in Dortmund switching between the first team and the reserves and then, for some reason, Real Madrid bought him back for 40 million euros! Those are just two examples of how strange the transfers are in the game.

Another thing I want is the AI to be better at how it handles youth talent. I play as Hetha Berlin, I'm in 22-23 season, and all of my big talents have been tutored and trained expertly. But the other clubs just ignore their talents. There have been some great talents that simply have been ignored and left in the reserve team until the club sell them for a bargain at age 23. In my opinion the AI should be a lot better than the human player when it comes to youth development. The AI should know exactly what to train him in and who should tutor him etc... I feel that there are no great newgens at all in 2022 other than my own.

Another matter that concerns what I've already written is that i Germany, the clubs shouldn't just send their star players to the reserve teams just to play a couple of games per season for no logical reason. It happens all the time with the Bundesliga clubs that have their reserve team in 3.Liga. I think the German reserve teams should be completely different teams as they are in Spain (Barcelona B, Castilla etc..).

My favorite part of every FM is when you've come a couple of years into a save and can build your squads with newgens (or regens whatever you call them). But I find that their required attributes are always too low. For example how many times haven't you seen a winger with great speed, dribbling and all that, but his flair and creativity is around 7-10? Or a DM with great tackling and strength but with 5 in bravery and aggression? I find it a bit annoying that you get these talented players but they lack the attributes that should be required for that role.

So, I guess what I want for FM15 is the AI to be better at how it handles transfers, squads and youth development.

I'd like for my tactics not to be "found out" by the AI quite so easily every. single. season. Winning 17 games in a row then winning 2 from the next 10 is just ridiculous (and unrealistic), and it happens with every save and with every tactic I try. Seriously guys, I think the lack of any competition in the football management genre is starting to show.

I have just the one recommendation for improving FM:

THE MATCH ENGINE.

FM13 onwards, it's not been the same. I still play FM12.

Please develop the FM12 match engine.

Spoken to many FM fans and they agree with this.

Every other aspect on FM is near-perfect.

When a club puts forward their aims for the season at a job interview, I want to be able to tell them that they are a little too ambitious seeing as the previous manager did such a rubbish job but I'd be happy to make that the aim for the following season.

I'm fed up of going to job interviews where the previous manager has sold all the squad and left the club in the lower reaches of the table and the board still expect promotion!

To make the game more realistic I suggest having a limited number of saves per season. This will give the game more of an edge. So many of my friends just save before each match and then load again if they lose. I know its their personal choice and it makes them happy, but even for the hardcore player like me it becomes tempting sometimes. I have gone that road in some finals and title making matches.

If I knew there is an option from the beginning of the game that gives a limited saves, like for example 10 per season, it would give me personally an edge in some games similar to a real match. But always knowing I can load again removes that edge. This can be an option in the beginning of a new game and the player chooses to have it or not. An achievement can be added also for that option or even a challenge with no save.

When I have 1st team players away on NT duty and I'm asked if I want to postpone a match I'd like to know which date that match are going to be postponed to. After all immediately after I click postpone match I get a new date so I see no reason for not knowing the date before I decide to postpone the match or not.

No idea if this has been suggested, but when you make a final in the lower leagues and play at Wembley, it'd be interesting to know how many of your fans turned up compared to the opposition.

I just finished an FA Trophy matched against Kiddleminster, and there was 34,000 fans in attendance. I'd like to think most of them were mine.

Obviously with bigger teams (Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Cup Final for instance), I assume the tickets are split 50/50, but it'd be a nice touch for the lower leagues.

When a club puts forward their aims for the season at a job interview, I want to be able to tell them that they are a little too ambitious seeing as the previous manager did such a rubbish job but I'd be happy to make that the aim for the following season.

I'm fed up of going to job interviews where the previous manager has sold all the squad and left the club in the lower reaches of the table and the board still expect promotion!

I just had this happen to me.

From what I posted earlier in the In-Game Editor (think it belongs here):

I honestly think that with 4-5 new features, the editor will possibly be complete.

1. As AIK mentioned, the ability to edit Feeder/ Parent Clubs and their relationships/agreements.

2. Ability to search using extra filters (which are not shown to the user normally, but which run in the background) such as:

a) Searching by Potential/Current abilities

b) Searching for only Regens/original players.

c) Searching by Perceived Current/Potential Ability Ratings (which basically tells you how good a player is in a particular position, role and duty)

3. Ability to edit to player and staff relationships:

a) Adding/Removing Favoured personnel, clubs, etc.

b) Adding/Removing Home Grown and Nation Grown status.

c) Adding a bit of history perhaps?

4. Ability to register to a particular player for a competition. To give a bit of background:

I often have around 30 players in my first team squad. 22-23 are aged above 21 while the rest are youth. I play in the English Premier League. Sometimes it so happens that I miscalculate the amount of players that have to be registered and end up omitting 1 or 2 players because of my carelessness. So, it would be great if I could the register the said omitted players using the in-game editor.

Couple of things:

On the point raised by Jimbo and Hunter about average heat maps: it would be great to be able to see these for each 10 minute period of a match too. Don't know how realistic that is, but it's something I think would be helpful mainly because it's hard to interpret what a sub's average position means in relation to a team of others who have been playing for the whole match.

Anyway the main issue I was going to raise was about tactics. Specifically, I think it would be really, really helpful if the player instructions could be illustrated to us graphically. For example, my brain would be less fried if it could be shown to me which rough area of the pitch the instruction 'get further forward' actually got a player, depending of course on whether the player is on support or attack duty. Other things which could be illustrated are what kind of movement we could expect of a certain role and duty (independent of get further forward), what range of passing we could expect, and also what areas of the pitch each player presses/closes down. The last examples especially would be extremely helpful. (Just on a separate tangent - I also think we need greater control of pressing in the game - I'd love to be able to set time limits, i.e. to set a player to stop closing down after a certain number of seconds after possession has been lost, for example). The zones could also be used to try and set up areas of the pitch in which you really don't want (certain) players shooting, attempting to make ambitious passes, etc.

I think this could only be done though with a complete overhaul of the descriptions of the roles, duties, mentalities and fluidities. It's so confusing. I still don't know to what extent the roles are 'coded' in the match engine - i.e. it is clearly the inner-workings of the game that makes the half-back drop in between the centre backs (rather than a player instruction that the user sets), but then does that mean that if you take a defensive midfielder on a defend duty, and set him player instructions so that he has all the ones the anchor man also has, does that make them identical in all but name? Or is there something we don't know about that differentiates an anchor man from a defensive midfielder on defend duty and the appropriate player instructions? Other pot-holes in the tactics interface include the glitch (?) in which you take a look at the player instructions of a winger on support duty and see that he has 'more risky passes,' although I can set him to be on 'fewer risky passes.' But what if I want neither of those instructions and just want him to make his own mind up/follow the general team instruction? Does that mean I should set him to be a wide midfielder on support? But then the player in question doesn't "lack either the explosive pace or exciting dribbling skills of an out-an-out winger" (to quote the description for a WMs). Aaaargh. This sort of confusion rears its ugly head in my final point.

It seems wrong that I could feasibly dominate and win a match on 'counter' mentality (and that's not just a semantic point). And sometimes I really question myself on whether I've actually correctly grasped the nuances between the team instructions shorter passing/lower tempo/more direct passing/higher tempo etc, especially when applied to all of the mentalities. Let us take the description for the attacking mentality: "it aims to exploit space in the final third by employing a fast tempo and direct, attacking supported by a defensive mentality aimed at recycling possession." I use this mentality only when I have really strong teams, but it's only worked with 'shorter passing' and 'lower tempo.' How does that make sense?

Oh and maybe one more thing... an aesthetic point... please can we just remove the tips after you see when you press the continue button. Half of them don't even apply anymore. At least remove the dud ones. But not a priority.

Editor Wish: Fix the dynamic league reputation system for nations with edited rules and for edited competitions. Currently, if you edit a nation's rules their leagues no longer will participate in the dynamic league reputation system. That is, the nation's new leagues' reputations stay static while other un-edited nations' leagues rise and fall around them. Also, if you create a competition or edit an existing one (like the EURO cup), then that competition no longer plays a role in the DLRS and leagues will rise and fall based on other cups and competitions. If you edit major competitions like EURO cup or ECC, then European leagues will be completely static. The reason I ask for this is simple: editors love making custom leagues for countries like USA or lower English Leagues or Caribbean leagues etc. Also people like to make World Club Championships or new Continental cups. People also like to play the game 10+ years with these new leagues and cups and when the DLRS doesn't work it makes the edited game a bit hollow.

I think this is not correct. I always create a whole new Croatian league and it reputations does rise. At the start of the game the league reputation is 2.5 stars, ranked 26th in Europe. Currently in 2020 the league is 3 stars and 16th in Europe. Like I said, I created a whole new league with new rules.

I would like to be able to find a figure for how much a player has cost me in total. So having a box somewhere in the player presentation with info on how much money a player have cost in terms of salary, bonuses etc. during their time with the club would be helpful.

I have 2, not sure if either have been mentioned.

1) I would like to be able to take a team on tour to a country but not limited to play teams from the "toured" country. IE If I manage Man Utd and take them on tour to the USA, I would like to arrange friendly cups/games with team from outside the USA. (Like the International Champions Cup they have going on now)

2) If a team would like to approach you to take over their club, I would like them to contact your club first and then the chairman coming to you to state : Club "X" have approached us as they are interested in you taking over the vacant manger's position.

Then alot of different options like : We have rejected their advances (This is turn could lead to you stating that you are interested and would to discuss the possibility or I see my future at my current club), The board could ask you if you would be interested in attending an interview with club "X"

((It says right now I'm in page 40 of 41, but clicking on 41 or last brings me to 40 out of 41. Upon posting, my post becomes the first of the 41st page))

- In free kicks, walls step backwards from the taker instead of towards the taker, making the kick easier. Shouldn't be the other way?. Though consider spray this season.

- Maybe in defending set pieces, have defined parts of the area or pitch to assign players to.

Overall, this is a great game. One really strong point seems to be the ability to have a tactical vision and get players to execute it. But the interaction between layers of instructions, and the interplay between them, seems quite complex.

I'd like a report on the net result of my tactics on what a player. There are many layers of instructions some seem to "add up" and some cover up others. Here is what I think is a correct example (may be wrong).

Example One: I've set "work ball into box" but one of my players has the PPM "shoots from distance". My understanding is that the PPM wins and that player will take more long shots.

So instead of memorizing these rules, I suggest we can get a report with number or bar graphs to indicate various instructions - for a specific player. Even better, include the opponent.

Example Two: out of possession, my striker meets my opponent's defensive mid (dm has the ball) so does he close down? tackle? how frequently?

Example Three: My left back has the ball alone on the left flank (e.g. in a normal situation, not, say, just after a set piece) so what are his relative inclinations to dribble, knock ball past opponent, look to pass, if so, how long a pass? If he gets far upfield, what about crossing versus cutting inside versus looking to pass?

I'm not asking for additional, or better, documentation. I'm not asking for sliders to change what the player is doing. I just what to know.

Next, if possible, let's say my striker has a "closing down" of 10 out of 20 (or "medium" or whatever) it would be nice to see what is causing this by clicking on the number or bar, for example, my striker is set to a complete forward, support, with a team instruction of hassle opponents. So it could explain his closing down started at 5/10 for being in a striker position, then how that is modified by being a complete forward, the support duty, then the team mentality, fluidity, team instruction or whatever else is effecting it, perhaps down to the level of PPM's.

Lastly, by right clicking on a particular line of text, see how removing that would change things. For example one, above, I click the "work ball into box" and see that does nothing, since my player has the PPM shoots from distance, he is ignoring it, or if I'm wrong (no expert here) it says whatever actually happens.

Thanks.

Either being able to control the positions of players that come into your youth intake and/or being able to search for formations preferred for staff members.

I really feel that more options when searching for players and staff would be a great quality of life improvement.

1. What about a tradeoff? Either we recruit the best possible youth, regardless of position, or we target positions to some extent? The number, and quality, of strikers on my under-18's is insane right now. So not only position, but what about geography? Can we choose where to recruit from?

2.a. On searching for staff, I spent a very long time to try to find someone with a particular PPM. I'm sure they are aware of this. Even if it was just "has PPM: finishing" and I'll scan through and find out which each player or staff has.

2.b. I would like to be able to search for players willing to player-coach. Currently, you can limit the player search to those who have coaching license, but many will want to be, say, my head of youth development or a scout or some other role that I cannot just toss one more body into.

2.c. Some kind of guideline on the number of physios would be nice.

On scouting:

1. I would like to set up a rotation for a particular scout to follow of a series of nations. I'd like to have a history of how many reports he had in past cycles, and how long each cycle took. That way, if I'm never finding anyone in angola, and it takes a long time, maybe I'll drop that. I seem to have to restart nation scouting manually. Also, there is no indication if a scout is at the end of his list of nations to scout or not, so I have to check. At a minimum, it would be nice to see: Henry has scouted Wales and is now moving on to Northern Ireland, or Henry has scouted Wales, and is awaiting further instructions: (button) restart Wales scouting (button) restart all nations on Henry's list.

2. On a scout's knowledge, I'd like a "silver star" if this scout has the most knowledge of any scout at the club for that nation. Maybe a "gold star" if both: this scout has the best knowledge, and no other scout is assigned to that nation.

3. Actually, it would be nice to just have the scouts sort that out, so if I dump three scouts into central Europe, they divide up the nations between them. Also, we could have a depth versus breadth slider: do you want more nations scouted, but less frequently, or fewer, but more often? Right now, I feel dumping multiple scouts in one region leads to lots of overlap and neglect of good regions.

4. Staff should be able to tutor other staff - so a scout could tutor another scout to improve various things, personality at a minimum.

5. Some indication of how many nations a scout will remember. I have scouts with huge lists of nations all of which he has knowledge of, and some who cannot seem to remember more then 2-3, even if they are very small nations!

On scouting:

1. I would like to set up a rotation for a particular scout to follow of a series of nations. I'd like to have a history of how many reports he had in past cycles, and how long each cycle took. That way, if I'm never finding anyone in angola, and it takes a long time, maybe I'll drop that. I seem to have to restart nation scouting manually. Also, there is no indication if a scout is at the end of his list of nations to scout or not, so I have to check. At a minimum, it would be nice to see: Henry has scouted Wales and is now moving on to Northern Ireland, or Henry has scouted Wales, and is awaiting further instructions: (button) restart Wales scouting (button) restart all nations on Henry's list.

2. On a scout's knowledge, I'd like a "silver star" if this scout has the most knowledge of any scout at the club for that nation. Maybe a "gold star" if both: this scout has the best knowledge, and no other scout is assigned to that nation.

3. Actually, it would be nice to just have the scouts sort that out, so if I dump three scouts into central Europe, they divide up the nations between them. Also, we could have a depth versus breadth slider: do you want more nations scouted, but less frequently, or fewer, but more often? Right now, I feel dumping multiple scouts in one region leads to lots of overlap and neglect of good regions.

4. Staff should be able to tutor other staff - so a scout could tutor another scout to improve various things, personality at a minimum.

5. Some indication of how many nations a scout will remember. I have scouts with huge lists of nations all of which he has knowledge of, and some who cannot seem to remember more then 2-3, even if they are very small nations!

I agree with all the above ideas! This would definitely make scouting at big clubs less tedious.

Although some users may argue that this may make scouting too easy, I feel this is the way scouting would function in real life to a certain extent.

If you could start a new thread on this in GD, it would be interesting to see what others say about this.

As a spinoff of GoldenBoots (now closed) thread on the supposedly flawed job system:

I think there should be a way in FM to show you are planning to let your contract run out and are therefore open to job offers, with jobs starting after your current contract runs out. Happens in real life all the time, with some supporter uphieval as a result. That would tackle the "I'm not asked for a job-interview because interested clubs can't afford to pay-off my current club" issue.

In Holland for example Heerenveen lured the manager of their fiercest rivals away for the second time in 5 years. First Ron Jans of Groningen, and now Dwight Lodeweges of Cambuur, both agreed contracts months before the season was over but finished the season before joining Heerenveen. Well Jans did and Lodeweges tried. At Cambuur his announcement resulted in the arrest of several outraged supporters who threatened to harm him, and he resigned as a result.

I guess David Moyes (and Everton) also knew he would join ManU before his Everton contract ran out.

In fact you shouldn't even have to show your 'contract run out ambitions'. When in your last (half) year of contract a club should be able to offer you a job starting at the end of your current contract. Nonetheless if you plan to stick with your current club or not. You decide if you take it or not. That is something I really miss in FM at the moment. It's OR you let your contract run out or resign to get interest (ie in lower league), OR the club that wants you is able to pay off your current club (top leagues). That's a shame I think.

The above makes it possible for your current club on their part to start looking for a manager to take the helm after you leave.

I like to post this on the thread at random times in the forlorn hope they re-implement this into the game. The ability to pick the reserve line-up.

Thanks.

Oh, and a option to introduce an extra team into the club. i.e. you have first team, U21, youth... click the option - boom, a new team is added, to be called what you want. Like Developmental Squad. And though just a way to organise a large reserve team at first, you could, once given board approval, give it its own staff etc.

I repeat my usual wish:

I want to be able to pick my own background and languages spoken when creating a new manager. For example, coaching a junior team in Germany, or playing football in a beer league in Wales, or scouting players in South America, and thus create my own base of knowledge and reputation for my manager.

Have players be more concerned about what games they're playing/missing.

Overlooked a message about my striker being called up for an international friendly, so didn't withdraw him. He missed the Champions League Final.

I cannot picture a scenario in real life where a striker would mutely accept missing the biggest game of his career, just so he can take the field against Antigua in a friendly (particularly not if he already has 60-odd caps).

Hopes for FM2015; suggestions for future editions:

1. Dynamic rivalries - The ability to create new rivalries due to intense competition, long-term competition, dire injuries or player animosity (Shawcross/Ramsey, Keane/Vieira), locality for small nearby teams that grow large and vica versa and so on.

2. Tactical trends - Possibly a bit complex/easy to glitch, but a more reactive simulation of tactical trends whereby formations, pressing styles, passing styles etc all rotate in and out of fashion. The game can already assess what style of play and formations managers tend to favour. Would be great if the best AI managers were able to analyse the gaming environment and react by bringing back outdated systems that are potent once again or play with an extra midfielder/defender/striker to counter to exploit a wide-spread way of playing, a la Guardiola, van Gaal, Bielsa etc.

3. More detail in our manager biographies - Being able to add languages, add past jobs, more info on past experience (sunday league player but with full coaching badges?) and so on. And what about being able to name clubs you sympathise with and others that you despise as well as naming your favourite club?

4. Chairmen with more personality - We need chairman that won't allow you to fire/hire DoFs. Chairman that will spark off a power struggle, demand certain signings, formations or players to play and ones that constantly undermine you in the press or on social media. Would liven up the media side of things and make managing unstable clubs with unstable owners even more interesting/challenging.

The main change I'd like to see is a complete overhaul of the attributes system. It's hard for me to specifically say what I mean, but I'll give it a go.

In short, I think the number of displayed attributes should be lessened with a broader overview of a player's ability. I also think that maybe the level for each attribute (i.e 1-20) should go up and down a bit more frequently, maybe depending on injuries and if he wasn't playing enough competitive football.

I think it'd be good to lessen the importance of numbers and place more emphasis a player's performance. I've seen players in certain leagues who have such high average ratings and have had great seasons, but they never get bought because their attribute numbers aren't very high in the game. IRL there's every chance that a player could be bought if he'd had a good season, and more chance of it happening on the game if the attributes were perhaps open a bit more to interpretation.

Case off the top of my head - Lewis Grabban. He was at a few lower league clubs without really making much impact. His atributes on the game weren't fantastic. But last season was great for him in league 1 and he moved to Norwich for £3m. If he'd had the same season in the game, it's very unlikely Norwich would pay not only that much for him, but unlikely that they would've signed him at all.

The same goes for youth players, as some young players IRL will get released from a club at a young age only to eventually prove the club wrong and reach the top. A more general overview of and more fluctuation of attributes might make it more possible to develop players who at first glance have no prospects.

SI need to focus all their efforts on improving the match engine. This year it has felt a bit like one step forward two steps back and has made 2014 one of the most frustrating versions of the game.

Big work is needed on...

• Decision Making- players shooting from stupid angles or randomly lumping it out of play when they have options in front of them
  • Players following instructions- one goal down, 2 minutes to go, team set to much higher tempo, route one, get ball forward and my CB's are passing it between themselves? Crazy.
  • Crossing- I must see at least three instances of crosses needing to be saved/hitting the bar a game. Totally unrealistic.

This is just from the top of my head.

I don't want this to come across as overly negative- I do love the game and think the rest of it is very strong but too often unrealistic stuff in the match engine takes me out of the experience.

How about media reports about star performers in World Cups / European Championships followed by the inevitable transfer scramble, even if the player isn't actually that good / is already well known?

Lots of of tournament hype would lead to agents hawking their player(s) around and making it hard to keep hold of him if he's in your team. James Rodriguez was known pre-World Cup but would he have been bought by Madrid if he'd had a rubbish World Cup?

The flip side is of course Karel Poborsky, good Euro 96, scores great goal, turns out he's not actually all that...

This should only works for leagues. I would really like a box that, when selected, highlight teams new to that league in the season. In short, it should do nothing first year, but in the second and following when you select it it colour team relegated the last year from an above league with a color (ex. Yellow) and teams promoted the last year from a lower league with another color (ex. red). While you don't need this for your main league, it come in handy for other loaded leagues you don't follow much, so you can immediately see which teams got changed without having to switch constantly the two leagues tabs to guess it.

SI need to focus all their efforts on improving the match engine. This year it has felt a bit like one step forward two steps back and has made 2014 one of the most frustrating versions of the game.

Big work is needed on...

• Decision Making- players shooting from stupid angles or randomly lumping it out of play when they have options in front of them
  • Players following instructions- one goal down, 2 minutes to go, team set to much higher tempo, route one, get ball forward and my CB's are passing it between themselves? Crazy.
  • Crossing- I must see at least three instances of crosses needing to be saved/hitting the bar a game. Totally unrealistic.

This is just from the top of my head.

I don't want this to come across as overly negative- I do love the game and think the rest of it is very strong but too often unrealistic stuff in the match engine takes me out of the experience.

It sounds like at least part of your issues above are tactical tbh.

Players not using the options in front of them and defenders passing it between themselves suggests they are stuggling to follow the instructions you have given them. This usually means you are not making sure they have passing options available to them within the passing range and risk level you have set.

I would suggest visiting the tactics forum and having a read through some of the sticky threads at the top.

I'd like to play as director of football.

Been playing since the very first game (yes, I'm THAT old) and I no longer have the time or the desire to deal with bloated tactics or training. I just like finding players, buying and selling and that sort of thing, building my team. I'd like to play as director, I sign players, I sign the manager, he can run the team. SI, hello... come on already...

- Clubs should be able to offer managers (including human) jobs starting at end of contract while they are in their last half year of contract. Just like al player can be approached beforehand for a transfer fee-free transfer.

Happens in real life all the time. A club sacks their manager and can't find an immediate candidate that is available (because he wants to finish his current job, or the buying off of his contract is too expensive). An interim manager (mostly the assistant manager) is appointed to finish the season and the to-be-manager is approached to take over after his contract has ended.

That should result in an increase in job offers as the "buying off contract threshold" for the club is gone. Once approached you just agree to the contract which starts at the end of your current contract and finish the season at your current club. In the meantime your current club can start looking for a new manager to take over when you leave (or sack you right away if their ideal candidate is available at that point in time (but that 'll cost them buying off your contract)). Just like a player can really. You should even be able to indicate your wish to not extend your contract, say from half a year before it ends, which would trigger more pre-end-of-contract-interest in your sevices from other clubs.

I've never seen it happen in FM, so I assume its not in the game. I think it would be realistic if it was.

I would like to see a more work-related relationship with the chairman and the board, the option to suggest which stands to be improved, say the ground always sells out away tickets, re-build that stand at your request, or say the Kop is the most used stand, re-build that to get more seats thus more income, which would then mean a percentage is placed within the spending allowances, also a option to choose the price of tickets for certain games, so a big derby for example will have higher ticket income due to a increase in ticket prices. With that, a meeting with the board to talk about season ticket prices, whether to lower the price and sell them all, but get less or set them high to get more income but less sold.

Just things like this would make FM so much more in-depth and in my personal opinion, a better game, what does everyone else think of these suggestions?

I'd like to suggest an improvement to the player development graph under Development>Training for individual players. After about a year it becomes difficult to determine what the attribute's value is on the graph.

From this:

MyEuguv.jpg

To something like this:

EpxFL0H.jpg

Archived