What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

The skin I use has player stats in the widget and it's the main reason for me sticking with it. I miss it too much when switching to other skins. I'd like to see this added to the default skin which would mean that all other skins would probably then have it too.

I can see the need for the Team Ratings widget to remain as it is and if that's the case, maybe an entirely new Stats widget? Really wishful thinking would be deciding which stats we want too see, but I don't know if that's possible.

This is the example:

LQKWtK2.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The skin I use has player stats in the widget and it's the main reason for me sticking with it. I miss it too much when switching to other skins. I'd like to see this added to the default skin which would mean that all other skins would probably then have it too.

I can see the need for the Team Ratings widget to remain as it is and if that's the case, maybe an entirely new Stats widget? Really wishful thinking would be deciding which stats we want too see, but I don't know if that's possible.

This is the example:

LQKWtK2.png

Isn't the obvious answer to make stuff like that "editable" in exactly the same way that squad view selections are?

This is the example:

LQKWtK2.png

which skin is that?

Isn't the obvious answer to make stuff like that "editable" in exactly the same way that squad view selections are?

If it is possible, yes, but I'm not sure if widgets can be made like that.

which skin is that?

Dark Delight 2. It's in the skinning forum.

That looks very useful, with the most important stats in one place. It's a bit annoying to have to use 3 different widgets just to get the basic info you want.

That's a lot of crosses btw. Are you on a holy mission? :D

Had two big guys up front and they went down to 9 men. Not much else to do, because all of them packed into their own penalty spot :D

The right back alone attempted 82 passes.

Assessment of Injuries at Half-Time

Would like to see the game give feedback to the user, recommending whether to take their injured player off, or if they are ok to stay on the pitch at half time, when they have more time to assess the injury. Similar to how you would see in real life.

I have a suggestion, regarding contract negotiation. Now when you buy a new player and negotiate his contract you offer him a contract and if other club offer him better financial package he usually choose other club.

I think it would be beneficial and more realistic that agent would come back to you and say that other club offer higher wages and if you match those wages a player might come to your club. So when you get rejected you can still offer better wages and bonuses if you really want a player.

Feedback?

Cheers

I would like to have the match actually played for 90 minutes.

The 90 minutes would of course be played at really fast speed, only highlights would be at normal speed (even if it would be cool to have the opportunity to watch the game for 90 minutes).

In this way the highlights wouldn't be the results of random calculations, but they would come from a real match played by two teams each one with its players, tactics etc.

I think this would make the simulated match a much more realistic representation of a football match.

I think this and the possibility to training the players during the week to certain movements with and without the ball is also the only way to allow the manager to give to the team the way of attacking and defending that he has in mind.

It would make sense for instance built "cages" around talented players, with players with good defending skills or to study certain movements of the forwards in order to create trouble to the defenders of the other team. The impact of substitutions and adjustments to the tactic would be relevant and not random.

I know it is PITA to create such match engine, but I really don't see any other way to simulate a real football match and the job of a real manager. This would allow also to have in the future the teams in the game playing using same style and schemes of their corresponding teams IRL. A team that change the manager would not just for instance switch from a 442 to a 352, but to a completely different style and philosophy of playing, new schemes and solutions.

The 90 minutes would of course be played at really fast speed, only highlights would be at normal speed (even if it would be cool to have the opportunity to watch the game for 90 minutes).

In this way the highlights wouldn't be the results of random calculations, but they would come from a real match played by two teams each one with its players, tactics etc.

I think this would make the simulated match a much more realistic representation of a football match.

I think this and the possibility to training the players during the week to certain movements with and without the ball is also the only way to allow the manager to give to the team the way of attacking and defending that he has in mind.

It would make sense for instance built "cages" around talented players, with players with good defending skills or to study certain movements of the forwards in order to create trouble to the defenders of the other team. The impact of substitutions and adjustments to the tactic would be relevant and not random.

I know it is PITA to create such match engine, but I really don't see any other way to simulate a real football match and the job of a real manager. This would allow also to have in the future the teams in the game playing using same style and schemes of their corresponding teams IRL. A team that change the manager would not just for instance switch from a 442 to a 352, but to a completely different style and philosophy of playing, new schemes and solutions.

Just a little note here. The bolded part is wrong. The ME simulates the full 90mins, whether you watch highlights or not. The highlights you see are definitely not random.

As Hunt3r has said FM already plays out the full 90 mins of a match.

In fact it calculates the movements/decisions of all 22 players, the match officials and the ball 8? times per game second which makes it far more advanced than you seem to think.

You can also already watch a full match rather than highlights and you can speed the match up.

As Hunt3r has said FM already plays out the full 90 mins of a match.

In fact it calculates the movements/decisions of all 22 players, the match officials and the ball 8? times per game second which makes it far more advanced than you seem to think.

You can also already watch a full match rather than highlights and you can speed the match up.

Correct. It's 8 times a second.

It's a decent idea for the match to be played at full speed, but the "highlights" slowed down to normal speed automatically. :thup:

Correct. It's 8 times a second.

It's a decent idea for the match to be played at full speed, but the "highlights" slowed down to normal speed automatically. :thup:

How would you know what the "highlights" were or which to slow down for?

The game would do it automatically. When the match slows down to "normal" speed, you know it's a highlight.

That said, I think it's a decent idea, but I wouldn't use it. I watch enough of a match already :D

Dark Delight 2. It's in the skinning forum.

Had two big guys up front and they went down to 9 men. Not much else to do, because all of them packed into their own penalty spot :D

The right back alone attempted 82 passes.

Heh, well isn't this funny. I just noticed I have the same widget :D It's not called Dark Delight 2, though, but Scorpio FM14.

I've just never really noticed them, because I'd need a pretty big size on the Team Ratings widget, and I only see until Rating and Goals. But if that widget had body language and match performance too, it would have all I need. I see yours perhaps includes match performance too, but the version my skin uses ends with distance covered at the far right.

Actually noticed a new player I bougth has "Seems professional" in body language. Have never seen that before, but he is actually a model professional, so maybe that's why.

Heh, well isn't this funny. I just noticed I have the same widget :D It's not called Dark Delight 2, though, but Scorpio FM14.

I've just never really noticed them, because I'd need a pretty big size on the Team Ratings widget, and I only see until Rating and Goals. But if that widget had body language and match performance too, it would have all I need. I see yours perhaps includes match performance too, but the version my skin uses ends with distance covered at the far right.

Actually noticed a new player I bougth has "Seems professional" in body language. Have never seen that before, but he is actually a model professional, so maybe that's why.

P2EPYzW.png

I use all of these regularly during a game. The performance column is not much of an issue, because I have the performance widget open. The individual stats part of it is what I'm after.

Yikes, that's a lot of widgets. Don't you find that annoying, even if the game increases the transparency when the ball is behind them?

This has probably been suggested about 15 times already, but it would be excellent if the scouts would periodically check out players on the shortlist. At least once a year, so we wouldn't lose star ratings on them (provided they are within scouting range ofc).

Mentioned before, but I's also really, really like a separete window, basically the same as player search, that only contains players that the scouts have a report on. This will make it quicker to check out the players they have a report on to find possible signings, rather than checking out each scout's individual reports, or getting the looooooong lag from various filters using the player search window sorted by star ratings.

I've never understood why this wasn't included, and it would make good sense to have this under one of the many sub-tabs under "Scouting". "Scouted players" or "Reports" between "Assignments" and "Pool" for instance.

Yikes, that's a lot of widgets. Don't you find that annoying, even if the game increases the transparency when the ball is behind them?

Not really, that's why they're on the edge of the screen. The widgets don't get in the way very often at all, apart from the match stats widget, but the transparency feature is great for that.

This has probably been suggested about 15 times already, but it would be excellent if the scouts would periodically check out players on the shortlist. At least once a year, so we wouldn't lose star ratings on them (provided they are within scouting range ofc).

Mentioned before, but I's also really, really like a separete window, basically the same as player search, that only contains players that the scouts have a report on. This will make it quicker to check out the players they have a report on to find possible signings, rather than checking out each scout's individual reports, or getting the looooooong lag from various filters using the player search window sorted by star ratings.

I've never understood why this wasn't included, and it would make good sense to have this under one of the many sub-tabs under "Scouting". "Scouted players" or "Reports" between "Assignments" and "Pool" for instance.

That's a good idea :thup:

At the moment, I do it manually before a transfer window just to stay "up to date". If my Chief Scout could organise this to happen twice a season, that'd great.

The news/opponent feedback needs a total revamp. It seriously breaks immersion when I am told that we (Manchester United) are clear favourites away against european powerhouses like Juventus or Bayern in the first few seasons. Also when the experts predicts we will win because the opponents back up goalkeeper is injured. Not to mention news saying that we are doing well after a rocky start when we are 1st in the league with 18 wins and 2 draws. Pundits asking for in form players to be called up to the national side when they are either not playing at all or actually in **** form. The list goes on and on and on and it pisses me off when it gets so ridiculous.

As for the ME I'd like to see several tweaks.

1. Occurances like crosses hitting crossbar turned way down, over hit crosses turned way up.

2. Players actually caring about conceding set pieces close to own goal.

3. Players shielding the ball out for goal kick or throw. I've never seen this, but it is pretty common IRL.

4. Player decisions in alignment with skills and prefered moves. Examples are abundant along the lines of Messi hoofing the ball clear when in acres of space, Pique clearing to a corner against with open pass available. Also players with prefered move of looking for pass rather than going for goal taking ridiculous shots with teamates in much better positions.

5. The shot feint followed by actual shot or pass/cross. Never happens that I can see in FM. Happens all the time in RL.

6. Ball hitting people in the back of the head. Either fix the animation so that it actually shows what is happening (bad touch) or fix the rate of occurance to almost never.

Off the top of my head...

Not really, that's why they're on the edge of the screen. The widgets don't get in the way very often at all, apart from the match stats widget, but the transparency feature is great for that.

That's a good idea :thup:

At the moment, I do it manually before a transfer window just to stay "up to date". If my Chief Scout could organise this to happen twice a season, that'd great.

I suggested that in another thread but with the addition of a 'monitoring list' similar to the 'unwanted' or 'development' lists so that you can tell the scouts which players to keep an eye on.

It would be nice if you could tell your scouts to auto-update the reports on certain players every once in a while and report if anything changes. Like the manager saying to the scout 'Alright, keep an eye on him and let me know if you reckon they might sell'. It can be a bit of a pain to manually re-scout each time.

Make it so you can add players to a 'monitoring' list (Newcastle fans will appreciate that one ;) ) where a delegated scout will keep checking them without the manager needing to do it manually.

Although this mode will conflict with the game title 'Football MANAGER', i would like a game mode where you play through a new 15/16 yr old player's career(then become a manager after you've retired).

You would pick your players personal details, position and which clubs academy you would start at. Your current ability and potential could then be randomised(maybe most of the time your potential would be 'good top division player').

The games would work the same, except you could personally decide how hard you work. High work rate would be your players work rate attribute and be used to impress the manager and to work hard for the team. Medium and Low work rates would a percentage of your players work rate attribute, and would be used to conserve energy for other games or try to force a move if your unhappy at the club. You could also request to be subbed off if your player is tired or has a knock.

This mode could be heavily fleshed out with being on the other side all the player-manager interactions in the regular mode and maybe more interactions with other players and staff.

Eastern Europe region split

Would be nice if we could have another region, to reduce the number of countries in Eastern Europe. Moving the likes of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia into their own region, into Central Asia, or some other nations into the Southern Europe region. Would reduce the load a scout has to do on a region search, as well as tidy it up a bit. Overall, something to reduce the number of nations in Eastern Europe. The Caribbean is pretty full too, have some South American nations in there, but otherwise, not sure how how you would reduce their number.

Of course I'm talking purely cosmetically and in relation to how the scouting and player searching works for these regions. I'm guessing they have other functions, presumably how contienal competitions treat these nations.

I want the defenders to stop being moronic. When they have the ball under opponent pressing, they tend to keep it and stand still, so opponents can take it quite easily. Teammates offer no off the ball movement for short passes, which are essential in many systems of today's football, so the only solution is panic clearance by long ball. Somewhere. Anywhere. Mostly - directly to the opponent. And I'm talking about top quality defenders.

And pressing. Give us more pressing options. Individual/collective/"broken", options to choose areas to press and areas where pressing is not an option.

Allow Hold up ball to be editable for all the roles. Eg. Gundogan is a playmaker that doesn't hold up ball. Not all target men hold up ball either.

Stop the deep lying playmaker in DM position from coming between central defenders and causing whole line to lose ball when pressed. His role should be to stand a little in front of the defenders (NOT between them, or worse, next to the one of them) and offer passing option when CD has the ball already. Also, could be an added option - something like - drop between CDs on goal kicks Y/N.

New roles should also be introduced - Central winger, Inside forward on MRL positions. And for God's sake fix F9 and CWB - these roles are completely overpowered. I considered using both, but the game becomes far too easy. Too easy to play (almost every striker is capable to effectively play F9, while it is one of the hardest roles to carry out in real football), almost impossible for AI to defend.

I like the average position feature in the analysis section but I would REALLY love to be able to access an average position for a player based on whole seasons or ever careers.

I appreciate that we are probably light-years away from that, but it doesn't mean I want it any less.

I like the average position feature in the analysis section but I would REALLY love to be able to access an average position for a player based on whole seasons or ever careers.

I appreciate that we are probably light-years away from that, but it doesn't mean I want it any less.

You've actually sparked another idea. I want to be able to see separate 1st half and 2nd half stats/heat maps etc in the match analysis.

Eastern Europe region split

Would be nice if we could have another region, to reduce the number of countries in Eastern Europe. Moving the likes of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia into their own region, into Central Asia, or some other nations into the Southern Europe region. Would reduce the load a scout has to do on a region search, as well as tidy it up a bit. Overall, something to reduce the number of nations in Eastern Europe. The Caribbean is pretty full too, have some South American nations in there, but otherwise, not sure how how you would reduce their number.

Of course I'm talking purely cosmetically and in relation to how the scouting and player searching works for these regions. I'm guessing they have other functions, presumably how contienal competitions treat these nations.

While I can see where you are coming from, I don't want to see this because what we have at the moment is closer to reality.

You've actually sparked another idea. I want to be able to see separate 1st half and 2nd half stats/heat maps etc in the match analysis.

+1000

That can be so important for useful analysis at times that it's quite remarkable it's not already in the game.

I have some suggestions:

Interface

• Make so that when we do a player search, the button that goes to the next or previous player of the squad goes instead to the next or previous player of the search in the order they are sorted, it's very annoying when you want to quickly see many players but need to click to go back to previous window all the time and click on the next player, could also be done for staff search as well
  • The screen flow feature should work for much more screens than just competitions, it would be nice to have the screen flow feature taking me to the backroom advice window or other ones after some days
  • Allow us to set how much zoom we want for the game interface or at least more predefined zoom options, 75% makes text too small and 95% isn't much different from the 100%, it would be nice to have more options so that we could resize it better for laptops
  • Re-sizable player information panels
  • Return of the detailed text of the scouting reports of the previous FMs, perhaps in a different tab of the scout report, showing more details instead of the simplified report we have on FM14
  • Some kind of list of time it takes to get nationality on each country, and detailed list of what countries are only 2 years for Spanish nationality, and allow to propose EU nationality gain feeder clubs to the board, also to tell the player you want to loan him so that he can get a dual nationality
  • List of what countries belong to which regions of the scouting missions
  • Away goal lead should be indicated in the match score (while in match view)
  • Borderless fullscreen mode for more stable and faster alt-tab switching

Press conferences

Some suggestions for more questions that could be asked:

• Questions about training, like how well players are doing in training, club facilities, stadium and pitch condition, how players relate to each other during training, and maybe we could close our training to the press and that could make the press more angry or something
  • Questions about fan reactions to the players you sold and the ones you bought too, and about good or bad form of players and fan favorites
  • Questions about great or very bad results of previous years and if the manager still remembers it and has got over them
  • Questions about finance of the club and merchandise, like maybe ask the manager who he thinks is the player that sell more shirts or is a role model for fans and kids
  • Questions about new sponsors and what how much the deal could help the club
  • Pre-season conference perhaps? asking what kind of training, transfers, friendlies the club is going to do in the pre-season and also the goals for each competition of the season, maybe also an end of season conference, with questions about the performance of players along the season and if the goals of the season said at the pre season conference were met

Match engine

• Some closer view cameras would be nice, there isn't many difference between cameras and they are all too far from the field, some more nice close up transitions with the director camera would be nice and make watch matches more fresh and exciting, perhaps even a first person supporter view, where you can see other supporters and they stand up and cheer when a goal is scored
  • Match cameras could show fans celebrating a goal in the stands (from very far camera of course)
  • Big flags in the crowd with the club logo would look nice
  • Match start ceremony for matches (skippable), and at the end players complementing each other and trading shirts and stuff, also celebrations for trophy wins
  • Different types of goal nets (with and without net supports), and goal net colors of the home team
  • Another nice flavor would be that other players or retired players could come and watch important matches, like to support the club if the club is one of their favorites, and like when past players of the club comment about the team's good or bad form, we could get a message of this
  • Different ball looks

Other

• The world cup needs better covering, it is such an important event but in the game it feels just like any other tournament, there should be a lot more covering of the press and even questions about it popping up in club conferences like if a player can make it, or who the manager thinks will win it, and other things, it should also be a huge factor in deciding player reputation and value if they help their team win it or they flop it, and shockers should be a lot more talked about for years by the press, talking about a great feat of the manager and team like a weak team reaching far or haunting the players and manager like a 7-1 defeat for many years after the result
  • Regens randomize their hairstyle more often, not based on morale like a previous FM was, but after a random amount of time
  • Regens have brothers, sons and other family that could be indicated on their personal favorites, twins would be cool with the facegen feature too, like they have identical face but different hair or facial hair
  • There could be a conversation that we could try to convince a player to what national squad he should play when he has dual nationalities, especially if the manager is of one of those nationalities
  • Allow the manager and staff to acquire nationalities, even if there is no point, at least it would look nice to see that they can also get the nationalities in their profiles
  • Allow us to say why we sold a player or let him go after such decision is badly received by the fans/board, they don't seem to take into account the options we select when we accept the proposal, and for letting players go there isn't even such a thing, i'd like to say that i let a player go because he was getting too old (35) and was too slow on the field and not good enough to play for the team anymore, and the fan/board reaction could be positive or negative to this statement, changing their initial reaction for the better or for the worse
  • The game has integration with social networks and youtube, but how about an integration with this forum?

for it not to be so difficult to beat teams with 10men? doncaster took the lead 4 times against me, 3 of those goals were scored with 10men! would not happen. drew 4-4!

It wouldn't happen because IRL managers would use the advantage of an extra man!

During a game, when you look at your "Team Stats" page, in the status column which indicates things such as cards and injuries, I would like this to show multiple icons. At the moment if you have a green injured player who might remain on, the green injury icon overrides the yellow card icon and it's possible for ir to be overlooked.

Either hace we have multiple icons side by side, or can they overlap like they do on the squad page please.

I want the All Time Best XI to include all appearances and not just count appearances made during seasons where the player made the Best XI for that season.

It's "All Time" for a reason.

Agree. Also include ALL matches played in a season and not just matches where he played enough to get a rating.

I'd like to see -

The return of off-the-ball thuggery, oh, and retaliation thumpings :)

Referees waving play-on/playing the advantage then coming back to book players.

Genuine 'quick' set pieces including free-kicks.

Encroachment at direct free-kicks.

The defensive wall jumping.

Far fewer 'ping-pong' squabbles in the box, it's ludicrous how often this occurs in FM14.

The occasional penalty kick missing the target completely (just how did this get broken anyway when it worked fine for years?)

The ability to man-mark specific individuals at set-pieces only.

A dramatic reduction in the number of crosses hitting the bar, similarly, goalkeepers turning crosses which were going out anyway wide at the NEAR post??? :confused:

Oh yeah, and more bookings for back-chat/cheeking the referee. Hardly ever happens just now.

These are just the match-engine issues as I see it. It'll take an entire page to list the non-match engine features I'd like to see.

#1 non-match engine priority - give us back the ability to turn off player images/pictures :mad: Why on earth was this removed in the first place????

I would like to see team Rivals change as clubs reputation develop and diminish.

If there is a contrast in fortunes, then a historic rivalry may remain, but there will not be a competitive rivalry. I want new competitive rivalries to develop over time.

The occasional penalty kick missing the target completely (just how did this get broken anyway when it worked fine for years?)

This does still happen. Just not nearly often enough.

The return of off-the-ball thuggery, oh, and retaliation thumpings :)

I really used to enjoy that. (I love a good head-butt). Even spitting used to be in an old version I think.

The ability to man-mark specific individuals at set-pieces only.

That's another good one.

Oh yeah, and more bookings for back-chat/cheeking the referee. Hardly ever happens just now.

[Edit] The very next game after I posted this, I played a very bad-tempered Champions League Semi 2nd Leg against FC Bayern. We both had a player shown straight reds for bad tackles and they had a player booked for dissent on 2 separate occasions.

I think this is an important one actually but it has some depth to it. We have a ppm that relates to this, (argues with officials). Does this currently have any impact and if so is it only a positive impact. These players should be influencing the ref, (either positively or negatively depending on the ref), but there should also be an increased likelyhood of being booked, (especially if they are not the captain).

I would like to see a more in-depth international mode.

- Being able to say to players that they're done at international level, they'll never play under me again.

- The ability to decree that you'll only pick players playing in that nation (like in rugby)

- The ability to interview players after scouting matches, i.e "How do you think you played?"

FM 1990-2015

25th Anniversary pack

Having played FM since 94/95 when it was championship manager and right through to the latest game, there is only one bit that annoys me in each and every season / game.

Once you get to a certain year, lets say 15 years after the start year, the players are all made up and none are household names. I find it gets a bit boring when this happens.

I think it would be great if the new FM would have the following option , you could start in 1990, 1995 or 2000, ie with Ronaldo, Cantona, Davor Suker, Romario etc.... and when they retire the new generation players each month are the Gareth Bales, Neymars and Cristiano Ronaldos. So basically whenever Messi joined Barcelona that would be the year he is created in your FM game save. This means that if you started the game in 1990 you could manage for 20 years and further without it becoming completely boring or another way to put it is if you started in 1990 you would have household names for the next 30 years.

It would be the ultimate FM game and I know a lot of fans would agree with me. I am 30 years old and I know there are many similar age if not more would love a game like this, back to the earlier days buying Davids, Vialli, Robbie Fowler but after 20 years your into the Bales, Barkleys etc...

Stadiums and history wold be stripped back too but basically the new breeds would be known now.

Hopes this makes sense.

I think it would be ace!

@ JClarkes: this would probably require a complete overhaul of the game's mechanics + far more research which would make it all too costly. Plus that probably only a small portion of players would actually use it (I know I wouldn't).

I have a suggestion, but can't believe that I would be the first to raise it! So, apologies if it's already been suggested / replied to and actioned!

When you guys release the updated database after the Jan transfer window, all players signed in that window appear in the squad of the team from the summer (when you start a new game). Can these not be set for a 'future transfer' through the editor instead of being in the squad from the start? It gives that team an unfair advantage of having the players signed in Jan in their squad from the previous August!

Does that makes sense?? :)

Once you get to a certain year, lets say 15 years after the start year, the players are all made up and none are household names. I find it gets a bit boring when this happens.

Can only speak for myself, but this is one of the things I enjoy most about the game, when all the real players have retired or become staff.

The Player - Reports - Stats screen is not being updated properly.

If a player plays League games, Cup games, Super Cup game, World Cup games, & World Cup qualifying games, then Champions League games are not included for some reason. It's as if there isn't room. Can you fix this please.

LucioReportsStatsJun2034_zpsec2279d3.jpg

No Champions League games listed despite the fact that he actually played 13 Champions League games that season and in fact won the Champions League.

LucioHistoryJun2034_zpsc83370db.jpg

Unemployed Managers in the Media

When the in-game media comments on the club you are managing, similar to how former players talk about your club in a run up to a derby or a player in form, they could have the comment via a non-player. Example, I'm doing crap at Tottenham and looking to fight relegation, when we were expected to fight for European football. A media comment could come up from BBC, which has Alan Shearer (unemployed in-game) saying how I'm performing below expectations.

Depending on the non-player, and any previous relationship I have with the non-player, the comment could range from controversial and damning, to doing me a favor by deflecting blame onto my players and that the club should back me more by allowing more to spend. So example, I'm the Man Utd manager, and had a few tussles with Brendan Rodgers in the past, so he dislikes me. He eventually gets sacked for whatever reason and is unemployed. I underperform at United and then get a media comment from TalkSport interviewing Rogers saying I should be doing a lot better with the resources available to me, that I've lost the dressing room and maybe United should be looking for a manager who more suited for the job with such high expectations. This could then lead to me more likely to be sacked. The opposite example being, I'm the United manager and Ryan Giggs has retired after playing for me. He clearly enjoyed his time under me and has me as one of his favorite staff. I'm once again under performing and Giggs, as an unemployed non-player is interviewed by a newspaper stating that the club needs to back me more by making more transfer funds avaliable and the players are letting the manager down. This could result in a variety of events, such as the club giving me more funds to spend, giving me more time to turn the situation around, maybe re-evaluate the end of season expectations, possible even an employed managers commenting on Giggs' comment.

In all scenarios, I could be asked to comment on the quotes from these non-players, either defending myself, shrugging off the comments, playing them down or agreeing with them.

FM 1990-2015

25th Anniversary pack

Having played FM since 94/95 when it was championship manager and right through to the latest game, there is only one bit that annoys me in each and every season / game.

I think it would be great if the new FM would have the following option , you could start in 1990, 1995 or 2000, ie with Ronaldo, Cantona, Davor Suker, Romario etc.... and when they retire the new generation players each month are the Gareth Bales, Neymars and Cristiano Ronaldos. So basically whenever Messi joined Barcelona that would be the year he is created in your FM game save. This means that if you started the game in 1990 you could manage for 20 years and further without it becoming completely boring or another way to put it is if you started in 1990 you would have household names for the next 30 years.

It would be the ultimate FM game and I know a lot of fans would agree with me. I am 30 years old and I know there are many similar age if not more would love a game like this, back to the earlier days buying Davids, Vialli, Robbie Fowler but after 20 years your into the Bales, Barkleys etc...

Stadiums and history wold be stripped back too but basically the new breeds would be known now.

Hopes this makes sense.

I think it would be ace!

So you just sign all the best players before they're famous?

Archived