What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I said this in another thread, but i thought I might make it official :)

The one thing i would like implemented in regards

to youth, would be a philosophic approach. For

example you may like your juniors to be selected

acording to their level of technical ability, or maybe

physicals are more important, or cirtain mental

attributes.

I am sure there is a philosophy of sorts at junior

level and an assesment criteria and youths should

come through your system that proportionately

exemplifies that.

For example, a youth won't make it to my first team

if his technical ability is below what I would like

(even defenders I have a set number lol), no matter

how good he is in other areas. It would be nice if

the junior setup could support (not overtly) my

phylosophy, or if you are a journeyman, you would

have to deal with different clubs philosophies.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A relatively tiny thing, but could you add "Wage after tax" to the player search filters?

I'm currently looking for a new player and can offer wages of up to £40k in the Dutch league, so I've filtered out players earning more than that. Found a great defender earning £34.5k a week and I think I can afford the transfer fee, but it turns out that player's at Monaco and getting £30k a week after tax, whereas he'd only be getting about £20k a week if I offered my maximum, so really I'd like to be able to filter out players like that and keep those earning more before tax, but less after it.

There is a debate in LLama about whether the use of heat maps etc is a realistic tool to use if you're in a small lower league club. Heats maps and statistics are part of Football Manager, but not the real life world of a manager at say Forrest Green.

As performance annalists are more and more becoming part of the game (I presume using Opta), should the use of heat maps, stats etc only be accessed within the game once the board agree to invest in Opta to then receive this information?

1) PA Range that narrows as player gets older until it is a fixed PA.

2) Add nations.

3) Adjust nation population.

4) Women's League.

5) Player not getting pissed when you put them in reserves and youth before pressing continue.

6) Search by personality.

7) Foreign youth academies.

8) Play as Club Owner.

9) Player as Director of Football (I pretty much play as this as I use my Assistant Manager to play matches). Its basically what FMC is anyways.

10) Players not playing first team football should not rot in reserves. Some do but clubs wouldn't want their wages on the bill. Sell, cancel contract or loan out more even if it is for free.

So essentially you want a totally realistic game where you only do what a manager would in real life.

So what you want is a game where all you do is set a broad overview for training and handle tactics & matches. No transfers, no scouting, no negotiations, no staff hiring & firing, essentially removing 50% of the game.

You know, I don't think many people will back you up on this one.

It would depend on the club and would be part of your contract negotiations like style of play is. RM Mourinho has a bit more leeway at first. Ancelotti not so much. Alan Curbishley left because the club went over his head with sell and buying players.

1. There's not enough good regens anymore to support a long save compared to previous versions of the game. Eventually there's so little talent there's no competition for the top teams any more. There's also too many "filler" regens with no potential, meaning there's no leftover talent for the lower leagues. Lower leagues get progressively worse throughout a longer save.

2. A club manager can convince a player to retire internationally, but an international manager can't persuade players? You should have the option ask someone to come back to international football (even if the chance is small). You should also be able to persuade players with dual nationality to play for your nation, even if your nation has a lower reputation, assuming you have influence either by having a good reputation yourself or having a good relationship with the player.

3. This one is the most important to me. AI managers and teams need to value potential ability more. Youngsters so rarely seem to get a chance to play on AI teams. Even on teams that value producing youngsters. If a board expects you to develop young players, they should expect it from AI managers as well. I realize some managers are short-sighted and care mostly about results, but youngsters still get the chance to play more often in real life than they do on AI-controlled teams on FM. As it is right now current ability is given too much weight when setting lineups and potential ability isn't valued nearly enough. You see teams valuing PA when signing players, so why don't they when they set line-ups?

Like many people i'm a huge fan of statistics, numbers and all those sort of things and even though Fm already provides a lot of these, i still think they could add more statistics for those that are interested. I just saw this picture

http://imgur.com/gallery/tGdpJBF

and wondered if some of the things that are on it could be added.

Would love to have a challenge with pre-set conditions. Like only certain teams you can choose from to play a challenge. Also maybe have challenges with longer duration, 5 seasons for example. A financial challenge would be fun too. To have certain amount of money in certain amount of seasons.

Is it possible to compare 2 players in the tactic screen?

In FM13 you could select the player in your starting eleven, and mouse over the "i" of another player on the bench to quickly glance over the stats and compare them this way.

I've been missing this feature in FM14

I would like it if the part where the AI automatically scores every single time my shouts refresh after a corner was gone. It has literally happened to me time and time again in my current save, so much so that i have twice as many goals allowed off corners than anyone else.

It would be nice to be able to have a meeting with your Reserve and Youth team managers (or whoever is responsible for those teams) and ask them to play particular players in particular positions, maybe even set individual instructions, for example 'play X on the right wing - inside forward role - shoot more - cross less - dribble more - more risky passes'.

It would also be nice if you could play 3 AMC's and instruct the wider ones to run wide and maybe have the ability to ask them to cross more/less

And it would be sweet if we could play multiplayer via an Ethernet cable on or offline.

A very simple and purely cosmetic request: Can the Player Instructions which are already in use or impossible for a given role be highlighted in different shades of red and green rather than just greyed out please?

The reason being that at the moment I can't always tell which instructions are applied to a particular role. With the sliders, you could quickly see what a player was being asked to do, and while I'm not for a moment suggesting returning to sliders - I think the new tactics interface is a brilliant idea - I think it would make life a bit easier if users could quickly see which Player Instructions are set in stone for each role, and what they are set to.

Thanks!

Future transfers for managers. This has probably been said before, but teams should sign managers on pre-contracts (i.e. take charge at the end of the season). Pep Guardiola signed for Bayern in January, Van Gaal agreed to take charge at Man Utd once he'd finished the World Cup etc.

a player wishes to leave on a free when his contract expires because "he wanted to go on loan" I have tried to get out on loan with no interest, so as a result this situation happened, it is a player I don't wish to lose, why is there no option to talk to a player and say, no one wants you on loan so I'll play you when I can?

I would like to have one player (typically the [vice] captain) join you during pre-match press conferences. These press conferences could possibly impact his morale and performance on the pitch, depending on his personality. Or there could be other effects.

deepper scouting system. It's not normal to scout a player and know all his life 12h later. The CM2010 scouting system was interesting with the "range" rate. If a player have 15 in tackle, the first week his caracteristic will show, "10 - 18" wich mean it's between the both. And same for all caracteristics. More long we will scout him, more the range will be small. The range would be more wide with poor scouts, and longer to get the caracteristics right.

Oh man. Love you guys.

Idea: a more immersive way for beginners to learn the game/tactics

FM should feature a sort of in-game coaching manual, written as if it were a bit of literature within the game world. It could ultimately be an in-game wiki type thing with a rough outline of key concepts and how to go about implementing them on the tactics creator. It could even just be an edited "best of" of the forum advice threads, with proper credit to the original authors after their permission has been sought.

In the future, SI could even tie this into the new coaching badges system. Maybe players could tick a box at the start of a new save to say whether they wish to enrol in an in-game tutorial which turns each coaching badge level into a tutorial of sorts?

1 That can be used to buy something like juveniles and be representative of the manager's salary, which is not something decorative and the same 20 that won $ 400,000 usd

2 Improve dramatically the 3d. We are in 2015, you can not continue with a graphic decade ago. The 3d is very poor.

I'm not sure if I have posted about this here or not, but if I have it's been a while since that.

Scouting potential

My understanding is that the scouts questimate the potential ability of a player from his real PA value. It's not exactly accurate and the star scale that they represent isn't absolute, but the estimation is still based on the factual PA value.

This is just wrong! This is how I think the process should go:

1. Scout looks at the CA value and makes his recommendation. Just like he's always done.

2. Scout looks at player age and makes his initial PA assessment based on how much the players usually gain PA between the current age and the age they usually start declining.

3. Scout looks at personality and makes adjustments over his initial assessment.

Example:

A 18 yo striker with 70 CA.

He'll be at the top of his game at 28.

He'll gain by default 10 points of CA in the next year, then 1 less point each year. Thus he'll end up with 55 more CA points by the age of 28.

The initial assessment of PA is then 125.

But the player is very ambitious and professional so you can expect him to improve at a better rate than most. So he'll gain 2 extra points per year and also continue improving until 30 yo. (Just for the sake of keeping the same model.) He'll have 24 extra points.

So his adjusted PA assessment is 149.

Then just muddle these values according to the scouts scouting ability.

This will have the scouts making their evaluations based on the same information that we have available for us. It doesn't matter what the numbers are under the hood, I don't want to know anything about that and I don't want my scouts having a peek either. Think about it. ;)

1) Be able to be more specific about your experience, if you choose for example, Man United as favourite club, then be able to choose that you played for Man United before going as manager (if possible to make this ofcourse)

2) Youth tournaments, such as Gothia Cup.

3) Decide where to put pressure when opposing team has the ball.

4) Better mentor mechanic or what to call it, for example ask a trainer to act as an mentor to young players etc.

5) More interactions (noticed alot more is coming now in the 2015 version, but still :) ), for example if I manage a team in England, and my favourite team wins the league in Sweden. Then I should be able to go in out in media and congratulate the team. Be able to comment other managers (re-implent pls)

6) Tactics, WHERE IS MY ARROWS? More detailed tactics.

7) More detailed training, I wanna choose exactly what each player gonna train individual but also what the team gonna do. And also some random stuff the team can do together to get to know each other and higher the morale maybe?

8) The amount of unrealistic transfers is way to high, for example, players who are born and raised as Roma fans and then leave Roma to go to Lazio.. That would never happen in real life.

9) There is really no way to "expand" and make your league and club the absolute best, atleast not your economy. You will still get **** sponsorships even if you are in CL-Final every year with a Swedish club for example. And the amount of money you get for winning, ending up 2nd and so on in league should also be raised as the league gets better.

10) Players who retire young because they think too high of their self when they are free agent

11) Add chants, tifos etc to games. Or make it so we players can atleast mod it in ourself.

12) Make agents more active, if a player is transferlisted then sometimes its almost impossible to get him sold. So make agent somehow help that?

13) Fans more interactive and put pressure on managers somehow.

14) PA be able to be highered if a young player plays really good and so on.

15) Dynamic rivals, be able to get new rivals to clubs as time goes.

I have but a single wish, for a feature that most probably will be despised by most of the community (despite not causing any harm) as it's not realistic, however increases customer experience.

What I would like implemented is a bit higher chance for 'favorite' teams to be promoted, only from non-playable leagues!

For countries such as the UK, were we have BSN it's not an issue. However for minor nations, it could be. I'd love to manage my local team, but despite a journeyman game, they are never the ones chosen to get promoted in 23+ years into the 2nd division (playable division). I set them as my favorite team, so I would love it to have a hidden modifier to slightly increase the chances of favorite teams promoting from the random bunch of non playable clubs.

On National Team Management. (copying from "fm2015 features" thread)

First of all, all UI issues. In FM14 it's very difficult to keep it clear who is "core national team", who are "only called in as replacements", and who are "promising youngsters". The scouting information just disappears often. Or if it doesn't disappear, it gets completely mixed, when on some players I see club's opinion (e.g. 0.5 star) and on some - national team opinion (e.g. 3 star for the same level). Better tactics training, when the national team after a few games together (or a few years) has really good tactic familiarity.

On second level, more realism with "in-form" players. In FM14 it makes sense to always call players with high attributes / stars even if they never play for their clubs or have really bad match ratings; in real life the players who are playing well currently are almost always called to national team ahead of benchwarmers. Scouting should be much less precise for national team, but the UI should help with statistical / form data to help choose the players.

Third, national team friendlies should take distance into account. I ended up playing Belarus exclusively against African teams in friendlies which is unrealistic. On the other hand I know that the US plays Czech and Argentina plays Portugal IRL.

Fourth, hiring national team staff / assistant coach is super difficult, nobody wants the job, even unemployed guys. And scouting assignments for staff are weird and don't give much.

Can you please re add the "Pre match teamtalk advice from assistant manager". I want to see the pre match advice from the Ass Manager.There is no option pre match, i need this info to give the correct team talks. I only can see this info after the match have started

I was ment for fm 14 but was removedd because of issues, it was even mentioned by Miles J on the sigames fm match day video in 2014 :

(after 05:50). "The assistant manager can now offer advice before a game, aswell as during it"

Please fix it for fm 2015! :)

one thing that was a massive bugbear of mine in FM14 is the amount of decent players that chose to retire early after being on a free after so long and not getting a contract. it was bordering on the sublime the amount of decent players who were taking early retirement 3 or 4 seasons in. some current internationals in their 20's & early 30's.

I think the AI was a bit harsh there. I think in future versions (if not FM15) players should cut their cloth accordingly and appreciate they may not get the contract from the top clubs they want and take a step down rather than cutting their nose off to spite their face and retiring. if you ask any professional footballer, they would want to continue their career as long as they can.

further to that, we should see smaller AI run clubs seizing on the opportunity and offering contracts to these players.

after all, seeing ibrahim afellay retiring at 30 was just silly to name one I saw.

Don't know if anybody as already said this but a great feature would be something like this:

I have only 2 countries selected in the game, for example, England and Portugal, and some club in Spain neeeds a manager. I could reply to that offer, having an interview and if they are interested i can sign for them and the game generates all data for it at the moment, then we could jump always we could from country to country from team to team.

Regards.

Replace roles with sliders.

Even in FM14 a player needs 20 hours of reading material to understand intricacies of difference between Anchorman and Half-back, I still don't have a clue what's different between WB and CWB, and AP and AM look the same but play very differently.

In FM15 there are many new roles introduced and I'm dreading it already.

Instead it would be great to have a lot of detail in sliders. Examples below on 1-10 scale, totally up to a player.

Instead of CWB (A) we'll have "Going up the field: 10", and for FB(S) we'll have "Going up the field: 5" for example.

BBM would have "Run: 10" while Anchorman would have "Run: 3".

Inside Forward would have "Hug the line / Cut inside: 9" (towards cut inside), while Winger would have "Hug the line / Cut inside: 2" (towards hugging).

Second Striker would have "Run into space: 8" and "Shoot: 9", while AP would have "Run into space: 4" and "Pass: 8" and so on.

Btw if someone knows what's the difference between Enganche, Trequartista, Advanced Playmaker and Attacking Midfielder - great. I don't. The problem is that even if I read about the difference in some guide, I forget about it very soon, because these words are just unclear. (Enganche?).

There are some clear roles in the game, like it is very clear how "Deep-Lying Playmaker" is different from "Advanced Playmaker", because the words are used clearly. But e.g. figuring out difference between "Advanced Forward" and "Poacher" is beyond me. Sliders would make it clear.

Even in FM14 a player needs 20 hours of reading material to understand intricacies of difference between Anchorman and Half-back, I still don't have a clue what's different between WB and CWB, and AP and AM look the same but play very differently.

Instead it would be great to have a lot of detail in sliders. Examples below on 1-10 scale, totally up to a player.

Instead of CWB (A) we'll have "Going up the field: 10", and for FB(S) we'll have "Going up the field: 5" for example.

Inside Forward would have "Hug the line / Cut inside: 9" (towards cut inside), while Winger would have "Hug the line / Cut inside: 2" (towards hugging).

Second Striker would have "Run into space: 8" and "Shoot: 9", while AP would have "Run into space: 4" and "Pass: 8" and so on.

Btw if someone knows what's the difference between Enganche, Trequartista, Advanced Playmaker and Attacking Midfielder - great. I don't. The problem is that even if I read about the difference in some guide, I forget about it very soon, because these words are just unclear. (Enganche?).

There are some clear roles in the game, like it is very clear how "Deep-Lying Playmaker" is different from "Advanced Playmaker", because the words are used clearly. But e.g. figuring out difference between "Advanced Forward" and "Poacher" is beyond me. Sliders would make it clear.

Dude thats FM12

when confirming a transfer I like a breakdown of the fees paid(to or from your club) to be displayed as well as contract details that are already shown(for transfers in)

it could be something like this

Buying/Selling Club: Arsenal

Player Name: John Smith

Nationality: English

Up Front Fee: 5m

Monthly Instalments: 4m/18 Months

After League Games: 3m/20 Games

% of Next Sale: 20

obviously these details would change depending on the deal but this allows to know exactly how the transfer will work

If you hover the mouse over the role position, it tells you what each role does.

It also shows it by default on the individual tactics screens.

Sliders will never return.

Unfortunately the in-game descriptions are too short and unintelligible. It's unfortunate to hear "never". I guess in FM17 we'll have 150 roles..

Dude thats FM12

Well I didn't play much FM12 so I don't know if sliders were well implemented there, but the proliferation of roles makes the game unnecessary difficult. It's not a strategy game, but instead a gambling game: 'let me try this weird-named role, what if it works?'

I don't think in real life Wenger says "Ok Ozil today you are Enganche.. what do you mean you don't know what it means? Ok you'll be Trequartista.." It's more likely that coaches are saying "Ok Rafael run forward, Jones don't run forward, for Di Maria it's ok not to tackle, Rooney please tackle a lot" - which is exactly sliders

I don't think in real life Wenger says "Ok Ozil today you are Enganche.. what do you mean you don't know what it means? Ok you'll be Trequartista.." It's more likely that coaches are saying "Ok Rafael run forward, Jones don't run forward, for Di Maria it's ok not to tackle, Rooney please tackle a lot" - which is exactly sliders

We get your opinion but there isn't any point in continuing to spam the forums with it.

Sliders are gone and they are not coming back.

We get your opinion but there isn't any point in continuing to spam the forums with it.

The purpose of forums is to discuss; for one-way communication we have footballmanager.com. The purpose of moderators is to facilitate discussion and make sure it is civil, not to make sure there is no discussion.

I'd really like to hear different detailed opinions on this issue.

The purpose of forums is to discuss; for one-way communication we have footballmanager.com. The purpose of moderators is to facilitate discussion and make sure it is civil, not to make sure there is no discussion.

I'd really like to hear different detailed opinions on this issue.

The thing is, the discussion will be worthless. Sliders are not coming back. Even back then, most people didn't really know what the sliders did. They thought they did, but they were wrong. The system we have now is more realistic. If you want to discuss how the current (role-centric) system can improve, then think about it and go for it. Bringing up sliders won't get you anywhere because they were taken out of the game for a reason.

The thing is, the discussion will be worthless. Sliders are not coming back. Even back then, most people didn't really know what the sliders did. They thought they did, but they were wrong. The system we have now is more realistic. If you want to discuss how the current (role-centric) system can improve, then think about it and go for it. Bringing up sliders won't get you anywhere because they were taken out of the game for a reason.

It would be great to know for what reason they were taken out of the game.

I would love the ability to at least try and save my job, once a takeover happens.

Just spent 2 years working with table scraps at QPR, was over the moon when it was announced that a takeover was in the plans...this excitement quickly led to disappointment.

We'd done well with the resources at our disposal, and the prospect of actually having some cash to throw around was really pleasing...then, I learned that the new board wanted to bring in their own guy.

Fine, I understand that...they have plans, their own ideals.

However, a meeting with the new board to discuss the future, maybe even sway them some, would have been nice.

It would be great to know for what reason they were taken out of the game.

They were taken out because the continuation of using them would have prevented the development of the tactics creator, which in turn would have prevented evolution of the match engine. As such, it was a no-brainer.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this thread.....

I have some great ideas for the Game.

1) When some player :loves or past good time at team , It´s a high probability that if is old or is not playing so much at another team, needs to go back to the "lover team".

2) Manager win Money. We want to do something with that money. Maybe be President or Buy a team and contract Managers and players or represent players.

3) If a big team don´t use players, small teams maybe be intetersting to buy or loan them.

Sometimes when you buy a player some players tend to inform you saying that there's too many in the position and he is afraid he wont get much game time.

On the private chat I wish an option saying to the concerned player that the new player wont be played much in his position so he wont need to worry much about the new signing. Would help alot and make the players happy in a better way.

I have but a single wish, for a feature that most probably will be despised by most of the community (despite not causing any harm) as it's not realistic, however increases customer experience.

What I would like implemented is a bit higher chance for 'favorite' teams to be promoted, only from non-playable leagues!

For countries such as the UK, were we have BSN it's not an issue. However for minor nations, it could be. I'd love to manage my local team, but despite a journeyman game, they are never the ones chosen to get promoted in 23+ years into the 2nd division (playable division). I set them as my favorite team, so I would love it to have a hidden modifier to slightly increase the chances of favorite teams promoting from the random bunch of non playable clubs.

great idea!

If you hover the mouse over the role position, it tells you what each role does.

It also shows it by default on the individual tactics screens.

Sliders will never return.

Well I didn't play much FM12 so I don't know if sliders were well implemented there, but the proliferation of roles makes the game unnecessary difficult. It's not a strategy game, but instead a gambling game: 'let me try this weird-named role, what if it works?'

This is NOT an endorsement for/ against sliders

To be fair, I don't think the problem lies within the fact that the sliders that used to exist are now gone.

A real life manager would be able to deliver more specific instructions than what is possible in the game currently.

Let me explain in terms of a player's average position and the PI "get further forward"

A manager wouldn't just ask his CM to "get further forward". He would supply the CM with vague boundaries such as "stick in line with the AMC or maintain a distance of 5-10 ft behind him when in possession".

Now, this brings us to our next problem: The AMC in the above example is not a fixed line of reference. Users in FM use different tactics which may not incorporate AMCs at all or in tactics may want the AMC wandering in the midfield strata. This is not a real life issue, because RL managers will then change the CM's instructions accordingly.

So, what we need is a scale or number of some sort:

If say, I were to divide the pitch into 15 divisions: And the CM's starting position is around 7 and the AMC's being 10. When I ask the CM to "get further forward", I just want to see a number which tells me that his position, when in possession of the ball will become 9-10. Also, we could have 3 different degrees of shouts:

"Get slightly forward" would change the scale to 8-9

"Get further forward" would change the scale to 9-10

"Bomb forward" would change the scale to 11-12

This, I repeat, is just a way of representation. I am not saying that we should be able to change the setting with sliders. All I'm asking for is a representation of magnitude and more options for changing the degree. I hope this makes it somewhat clearer.

Right now, I can't for the life of me figure out why my CM-A is maintaining a higher position than my CF-A when I ask him to "Get further forward"

I'm a noob at tactics and the above system would greatly help :)

Thank you for your patience!

The aim is to try replicating these "degrees" of instruction as the current system (which is still in its infancy) develops.

Look for changes this year and from that start suggesting any further required instructions is my advice.

To include all possible manager "shouts" is a huge ongoing task but who knows we may one day even have them in the vernacular for each manager type :)

Starting with Managing Reserve/Youth teams

This has probably been mentioned countless times, but I'll mention it again in conjunction with the introduction of coaching badges (I think they are new! I did not play the last 2/3 years of FM) and try and explain why I'm suggesting it.

Realistically, few players do their badges while playing and then go on to manage a "big" or higher level club, e.g. Roy Keane at Sunderland. Whereas managers with no or limited football expereince like André Villas-Boas or José Mourinho work their way up at clubs as scouts/youth coaches etc (No I'm not suggesting Football Scout 2016).

I'm not saying when you start a new game, your previous is Sunday league and therefore you arent allowed to manage Real Madrid, my suggestion would be to implement a new type of manager, along being unemployed or starting as unemployed with a basic badge to manage the reserve team of a Blue Square North/Conferance Team. E.g. Barnet have a Academy Manager who I'm guessing manages the reserve/youth teams.

So in case the above did not make any sense (which I'm sure it didn't).

I would love to start a new game unemployed, with the lowest level coaching badges (I have none), Sunday League experience (don't even have time to do that) and would love to be offered a job at Barnet to manage their academy and possibly work my way up to Barnet Manager? In addition, with a bit of expereince (managing and more badges) and sucess even get offered a manager position at another club (lower or same division) or even to manage a nation (San Marino level)/England U17 etc etc.

I understand its not for all, for example managing Barnet U17s with no transfers, not having a influence over training and possibly even being told by the manager to play a certain tactic or player. However, I do think this is realistic.

Note: I would appreciate views whether they are positive or negative and possibly how to implement it or make it better, etc.

Archived