Making a "0" Value non-negotiable in contract negotiations

Is there a way to do this?

i.e. Negotiating a contract with a player. He wants a Yearly Raise. I do not want to give him one. We agree on all terms, except for this. All I can do is delete the yearly raise option, but when I suggest the terms, he just brings it back again.

I want to make not having a yearly raise, non-negotiable (which, I can't seem to figure out - I can "lock" it at 5%, but not 0% since it will be "No Value entered").

If not, I'll make sure to add to the wishlist for FM15.

I agree that would be nice.

I have two ways to solve this:

The first is that I give him the raise in advance. That means I delete the clause and raise the salary a bit (usually around his yearly raise demand). Sooner or later he agrees.

The second one is after having agreed to all other terms, I make the offer non-negotiable. But that often leeds to the negotiations being ended.

The second one is after having agreed to all other terms, I make the offer non-negotiable. But that often leeds to the negotiations being ended.

Yes, thanks - I actually knew about this, but it slipped my mind while posting! Regardless, my original question stands minus my "We agree on all terms, except for this." portion of the example.

I want to be able to make NOT having something, non-negotiable.

I would love for this feature was incorporated in the game. I hate handing yearly wage rise to youth players and there seems to be no way of telling them that they can have 1000 ponds p/w extra but no annual wage rise.

Sure, that's exactly what I'm doing... I raise the salary by 5-10% and eliminate the clause. Then I offer it. If the offer comes back with a clause, I raise the salary again and eliminate the clause.

A bit of math: if you agree on 5k/w and the player wants 10% weekly raise, you'd pay him roughly 1.6m for the full contract time (5 years). That's a bit over 6k/w on average. So if you offer 5.5k p/w without weekly raise and he accepts it (what they usually do for me), you "overpay" him in the first year, meet his demand in the second and "underpay" him in the third, forth and fifth. Sounds like a good deal to me... Of course you should not give in to new contract talks before the 3rd year is over (which is when you "break even").

But I'd also prefer to be able to lock a clause on 0.

Archived