Use Fake Players FM15

In past editions Fake Players was a bit of a cop-out. They were not fake players, they were real -they just had different names. The popup claims "entirely generated players and staff" as it did last year.

It's not for everyone I admit, but to me the idea of having a database full of newgens from the get go adds appeal to the game in that it makes the game a lot more unique every time you start a save and it removes the element of having prior knowledge about players and the possibility of using exterior shortlists as shortcuts to victory. In other words it makes the game more random and more skilful.

Has it changed from past editions or is it yet again "fake names, real players"?

I don't know the answer to your question, but it did once work the way you want when they very first introduced it (IIRC). I remember I had a lot of fun with one save like that, but haven't touched it since it just started re-naming players.

If it genuinely does generate a world of newgens then I would have a save on it for sure, if it works like FM14 then I won't use it.

Since we're still in beta, maybe they will reconsider? I will suggest it.

Certainly worth a suggestion but as the beta stage (particularly open betas like this) is normally feature-complete I wouldn't get your hopes up for them changing it.

You could delete all player entries from the database and select to add players to manageable teams. I have no idea if it would make a stable game world or not but should achieve something close to what you're looking for. Even delete the non-players if you want it completely removed from real life.

You could delete all player entries from the database and select to add players to manageable teams. I have no idea if it would make a stable game world or not but should achieve something close to what you're looking for. Even delete the non-players if you want it completely removed from real life.

Teach me how.

I am going to try the following procedure to get the most random game possible:

1a. Start with only England Premier Division Playable, no other leagues, no other nations. (4000 players loaded)

1b. Start with Fake Player/Staff Names

2. Start Unemployed.

3. Holiday for approx 7300 days (20 years).

4. Add all desired leagues.

5. Get a job!

By this point there should be no more original players.

I will let y'all know how this goes.

The best bet would be to set up what ever leagues you want and holiday for 20 odd seasons. I think thats the only real way you could start with a database of fake players.

Yeah I edited my post to kind of say that, coz I meant to but was absent minded... :rolleyes:

Better to load it with minimum leagues so that holidaying will be a lot faster

The best bet would be to set up what ever leagues you want and holiday for 20 odd seasons. I think thats the only real way you could start with a database of fake players.

Would tractor's suggestion not work?

Create a custom database that devoids all teams of their players.?

I can confirm after trying it on 14 it does work fairly well. It took a while to remove all the players, you can do 50,000 at a time and each lot takes a while. I forgot to remove player/coaches so a few of them were still in the game. There were a lot of generated players around 27y/o with ability levels noticeably less than the clubs they play for (not a problem though as every club is like this.)

Strangely the game crashed when I first tried to start the game after the DB loaded but I saved the game before adding a manager, loaded it up again and it's worked a treat.

Whether it'll work on 15 is another matter all together!

It probably would work, as the post above shows, a lot of work tho.

Depends if you want to spend your time deleting probably a half million entries, or holiday for a the best part of a day haha.

Would be interested to know the game actually deals with deleting the full database, i guess it would just be a huge scale of when you tick add players to teams when setting up a normal game, but still would be interesting to see how the game distributes CA/PA amongst the made up players.

People have done this in the past, and the problem has been that the quality of the generated players is in general terrible. I think I tried this in FM13, I do not think I did in FM14, so perhaps the generation of players to fill teams was improved (but my experiments with new teams suggests otherwise).

The other problem is that deleting the players takes absolutely forever, it is actually better to do them in batches because the loading time to sort 500k people from the database is immense. So if you are doing batches of 1000 (which still takes a fair while loading time, at least for me) you have to repeat 500 times, tedious in the extreme. I also recall there were some problems with stability if you did this when starting a game. But if you want to do it, release the database because a lot of people will be happy!

I would go with the holiday idea. Choose a league to load you do not care about, and holiday. Then add the leagues you want. May take some time to holiday but it is worth the wait I think!

This was always a fantasy of mine, and to take it up a notch, I was always kind of "dreaming" of not only completely random players, but also completely "fake"/random/new clubs (even if without any history, because I'd imagine that would be hard to randomize).

It would be crazy to start a career in a completely alternate universe, where you don't know the clubs, let alone their players.

This was always a fantasy of mine, and to take it up a notch, I was always kind of "dreaming" of not only completely random players, but also completely "fake"/random/new clubs (even if without any history, because I'd imagine that would be hard to randomize).

It would be crazy to start a career in a completely alternate universe, where you don't know the clubs, let alone their players.

Funny you should say that. At the moment, I'm putting together a completely fictional database, based around a cluster of three countries, each with their own league structures and with a continental competition involving teams from all three. This is fictional teams, stadiums, locations, cities and players- the players is the time-consuming bit. At the moment I'm on the first of the three countries, with 64 teams in a 4-tier structure, and have added players for 3 out of those 64. Thirty players per team.

A small prelude to this, albeit unrelated in editing terms, was this fictional nation I created a little while back, which includes people from the forum who volunteered their information to be in the database.

OK so I made it to 2021 holidaying.

Along the way I tried adding the leagues below the EPL and removing them to see what effect it had on squads (because I want to manage Gillingham) and I hoped the players were all newly generated in which case I would be happy to stop the experiment there. Butthe original players are mostly still there but older.

So I am trying this:

1) Delete England

2) Add India

3) Holiday to July 2029

4) Add England

5) Holiday to May 1st 2030

6) Get a job in England

7) Add all other nations and leagues.

It should be perfect from there!

Tractor Boy has sent me the empty database file he uses, for hosting- it's available at the link below. All credit goes to him, I haven't tested it myself but will be doing so in the near future. Clicking it directly doesn't seem to work, but "Save Target As" seems to do the trick:

New working link (mega.co.nz)

Tractor Boy has sent me the empty database file he uses, for hosting- it's available at the link below. All credit goes to him, I haven't tested it myself but will be doing so in the near future. Clicking it directly doesn't seem to work, but "Save Target As" seems to do the trick:

http://www.charthero.com/NoPlayerTractorBoyRv.dbc

Can't open it? No option to save target as.

Ok, cheers. I've changed the link in my post, and rehosted it on Mega. Could you edit yours and get rid of the wrong one, just to save confusion for anyone else?

Not sure why that previous one didn't work, though I suspect it's to do with the file type- I've had to zip stuff up previously to download etc. This is a bit less messy.

New working link (mega.co.nz)

Figured it out. editor data

So I tried it out.

First without adding players. That sucked.

Then I clicked add players at the setup, thats a lot better. Also selected Use Fake Players.

The quality of the players is pretty low but I am going to see what some holidaying does.

Edit: I have now realised that holidaying will take a long time and basically defeats the object of the no players database.

Archived