What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I would like to be able to reflect that I've had to sell a player because I'm unable to get a work permit for him in interviews, as I've had a few players now who are viewed as quality players but been unable to get UK work permit after 2 years (was loaning them out to Serbia at the same time) and decided to cash in (£5M + £7M sales respectively), then the questions at interviews all are focused on how the fans can be annoyed at the deals and what was I thinking with selling them etc but I can't defend it by saying "They simply weren't able to play for the club... etc"

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, This probably has already been mentioned but I just registered to say this so whatever.

I've been thinking on ways to improve interactivity with your club finances and so I thought, in some clubs, and if you're a trusted/long time manager in the club, you could start participating in new sponsor negotiations, try to close better deals - with bonuses, like it happens in real life (at least in Brazil). If your team reaches a final, or is champion, sponsor will pay a bonus to the club, and so goes on.

However, I also thought that the manager doesnt usually get involved in sponsorship negotiations in most clubs - except when he's trusted and been there for a long time, and in some countries. That's why there's a min. time needed for this to activate, and only in some clubs or countries I guess. This is my first suggestion.

For my second suggestion, there needs to be an option for you to relate to players from other clubs without being via press or talk with him when he doesn't want to come. Maybe this can be done via their agent or something. Anyway, what I mean is that you can get into a player head by talking to him a lot, and if your club is big etc, you can convince him to want to make a move to your club after some time. And if this goes wrong, you could "lose" him forever or get his agent upset and it could backfire on all negotiations involving that said agent.

This also applies to the whole idea of % of players belonging to agents - it would be cool if you could talk to agents that own alot of % from players to see if they can pressure the team that owns federative rights from players to sell them to you or put them on sale because they want to make a move. This happens so much in real life, when a player agent can struck a better deal he pressures the club to sell, and it would be great in game.

I think that these are realistic measures that would improve the gameplay and interaction with the game itself, it would be fun to mess with and basically a lot more options.

I would like for the youth intake or youth academy to be more in depth. It would be cool if there was something more to the youth sqaud such as getting players when they are younger and weeding them out as they get older or being able to mold players to your formation for longer. I think that being able to recruit youth like in real life could be interesting. Possible sending invites to youth to join your youth set up. I just find the scouting and youth aspect of the game to be the most interesting and know that others would agree so expanding that is the next frontier as well as maybe expanding on training.

Please, please, pleaaaaase sort out the Director of Football position, especially in terms of transfers. I have just started a game as Newcastle and to make it more of a challenge I brought in a DoF to be in charge of transfers, the idea being he would sell off my best players and I would have to look to the youth teams/suggest targets for him to sign and use the players he chose to brought in.

I haven't got far enough in the game to see how he deals with the large amount of bids for my top players I am expecting (I have played as Newcastle before and was constantly turning down bids every transfer window) as I play with first window transfer budgets turned off. However I have asked him to sort a few deals in and out and he has failed utterly in every single one.

First up I got offered an unattached 16 year old Croatian midfielder who, although not a world beater, looks much better than anyone else in his age group at the club. I add him as a transfer target and continue but the next day I get a message saying transfer has failed. I take the matter into my own hands and am able to sign him to a deal around 1k a week (what he asked for). Admittedly maybe this is quite a large wage for a 16 year old so I'll let him off.

Next I want to sign Ferreyra on a permanent deal. There is an agreed fee of 6 million in his loan deal, so I tell him to sign him as a key player bidding no more than the asking price. Again he fails to sort a deal and I am forced to do it myself and sign him for 6 million.

The worst of the bunch was trying to sell Rivière. FM has done an excellent job in replicating his utter inability to play football so it was an easy choice to get rid. I add him to the unwanted list and say sell for value (5.75 million). Again I get a message saying the transfer attempt failed, I immediately offer him out myself at his value and receive 4 bids of the full amount straight away and he is sold in a couple of days.

What on earth does the DoF do when you ask him to sell/buy players?? The AI has no problems signing players when it is a manager so why should a DoF be any different. I understand their attributes can affect things but I looked up the key attributes and signed a DoF I thought filled the right criteria. In any case I fail to see what attributes can prevent him offering a player at the value I asked him to...

When it first came out I could understand the feature not working properly but its been around for a few versions of FM now and it seems to have been completely ignored since its arrival! Sort it out!!

1. AI squad balance: Maybe tie this into the football clubs philiosophy and scouting requirements, i.e. AJAX produce own young players with view to selling to plough back into youth system. Real Madrid: Buy the best in the world. AC MILAN: Buy experienced players. PORTO / SHAKTAR etc: Buy best young south americans etc etc. As many have probably mentioned, AI squad balance especially after a few seasons is awful. All clubs go through cycles IRL and this isn't something you get in FM, though it maybe hard to simulate?

2. Clubs letting players go on free who hit 31/32 years old. After awhile you see this all the time, likes of fabregas being released by chelsea etc. 34/35 yrs old i'd understand, but early thirties is still too early. Again ties into AI squad balance.

3. Training: For something that IRL clubs spend most their time on i.e. the training ground in FM its just dull. A few years back there was modular training in FM. Boxes you'd drag and drop for training that week and month i.e. 3 v 3, 5 a side, set pieces etc. That was fun as you'd plan training accoring to opposition and fixture list / congestion. Maybe a controversal suggestion, but the ability to watch training? i.e. watch players play 5 a side or get daily / weekly training reports from your staff.

4. AI club managerial appointments: Sometimes these make no sense. Example Wenger retires and casere Prandelli is apponited arsenal manager? How does he fit into the clubs philiosphy of play attractive attacking football and buying young(er) players? He doesn't.

5. For those of us who go 10/15/20 seasons into the game a yearly round-up ala World Soccer magazine or 4-4-2 Magazine article on the worlds best 11 players or worlds top 3 players in their respective positions would help.

6. Same clubs (in active league or view only) winning the league (a league where you are not a manager). In my current save, Juventus, Bayern, Porto have all won the league for the last eight years. eight years! Again i think AI squad balance and buying/selling would knock this on the head.

7. AI squad rotation: At the moment all you really need to do is to rotate your squad (22 good players) and you'll have a pretty good season. AI players are normally exhausted or jaded because the AI plays them constantly. Human squad rotation is one thing that makes the game alittle too easy because the AI is so bad at it.

8. Regens having low physical stats for stamina, pace and acceleration. Also maybe mental stats could improve expotentially more (depending on players PA) the more experince they get of top flight football. Which leads me to (9)

9. A new mental stat called EXPERIENCE. Young players all start with "1" and at the end of their career depending if they have been a top flight football player with international experience they can reach potentially "20". To get to "20" would involve winning leagues, experience of Champions league games, maybe playing in international tournaments. This would also help with the problem of AI getting rid of experienced players when they hit their early thirties, if they have "experience" and the AI is programmed to value experience (depending on the club ala AC MILAN) then they retain these players longer.

10. The "elections" at REAL MADRID and BARCELONA. IRL the candidates promise to buy players X,Y,Z if they are elected this does annoy clubs in real life when these candidates suggest they will sign the clubs player. Also on the subject of REAL and BARCELONA these two clubs plus BAYERN (also known as FC Hollywood) are subject to all sorts of politics which can fundamentally change the course of the club i.e. just look at BARCA over the past few years. It would be "interesting" if politics (board level) played more of a factor in running these clubs. For example at REAL MADRID the chairman buying a player you didnt want but are forced to play (i.e. current situation with Carlo Ancelotti at REAL MADRID). Or insisting you sell a play you don't want to sell i.e. DI MARIA etc. Another example is David Sullivan at West Ham buying Sakho and Zarate without asking big Sam first.

11. More interaction with chairman when buying a player. In IRL managers just dont go and make an offer on a player they run it through the chairman first / board

12. Super agents i.e. Jose Mendes who influence over players coming out of portugal IRl is huge. How this is done or plays in the game, I don't know.

Randomise youth potential

Much like the options to add key staff, remove attribute masking and what not, why not offer players the option to turn on a new toggle that changes all set youth player PA rating into the equivalent minus number bracket for those who wish for a bit more randomness and variety in their games?

Apologies if something similar has been posted in the past. An idea for a new option for a MC or DMC to be on the game is a surger/ball-carrier. Someone who carries the ball from deep to make transitions from defence to attack quicker, providing someone to run with the ball through the middle, ala Fernandinho, Jack Wilshere and Lewis Cook. It's a role that will aid teams countering quickly, despite not having any traditional wingers, rather having inside forwards or wide playmaker. I was inspired to bring this position up as something that should be added to the game after reading this article by the Guardian on the changing role of holding midfielders in the modern game, with this extract detailing what a 'surger' is:

But as four-band systems have evolved to the point that the term midfielder seems hopelessly vague, so the taxonomy of the holders has expanded. Manchester City, this season, provide a fascinating example. Last season they had in Gareth Barry a destroyer-type and while Javi García could play in that role this season, Manuel Pellegrini has tended to pair Fernandinho with Yaya Touré.

Although both can certainly make tackles, and both are capable of regaining the ball, both spent most of last season playing as the more creative player alongside a destroyer. Fernandinho is a fine long passer, but he is not an Alonso or an Andrea Pirlo type; he is not a regista. Rather he likes to make forward surges, just as Touré does, and, as he showed against Arsenal on Saturday, is more than capable of scoring goals when chances present themselves. Whether the similarity with Touré is an advantage in giving City an extraordinary variety of possible angles of attack or a weakness in that it can leave the back four unprotected is arguable – although there are signs that the relationship between the two is developing – but the wider point is that neither fits comfortably into the template of either regista or destroyer.

This is a third way, neither entirely destructive nor creative, and more prone to advancing form a deep position than either a Mascherano or an Alonso type. The third way is to be a carrier or surger, a player capable of making late runs or carrying the ball at his feet. Bastian Schweinsteiger perhaps fits into the same category. Sami Khedira is a destroyer with carrying tendencies. Luka Modric is a carrier with a hint of regista.

I understand that such a player can somewhat be constructed by coaching them to 'run with the ball through the centre' and setting an MC to 'dribble more' when playing as a deep-lying playmaker, ball-winning midfielder or box-to-box midfielder, but I feel such a role deserves its own category, to distinguish exactly what a player's role is in the team - to be the team's ball carrier, the surger, the one to bring the ball forward and start attacks from deep.

A ball carrier is something I'm quite fond of having in my teams because, as hinted previously, I like to play with inside forwards and wide (advanced) playmakers, so a ball carrier ids something I would find quite useful to help counter on the break through the middle, with this role also proving useful in formations with narrow midfield diamonds, where there can sometimes be a distinct lack of width.

On the subject of inside forwards, I think the STR and STL position options should be reintroduced, after no longer being present on FM15, as AMRs and AMLs operate too deep, whilst STCR and STCL are too narrow and can leave you vulnerable on the flanks defensively. It's made it impossible to replicate a formation like what Arsenal have recently operated with where the midfield and attack is:

----------Coquelin-Flamini

----------------Cazorla

Chamberlain-Sanchez-Welbeck

As the roles Chamberlain and Welbeck have would be wrong if STCR or STCL, and it would no longer be a 4-3-3 if pushed into the AMR and AML positions either side of Cazorla. Perhaps what I'm asking for is more about the aesthetics of how a formation is laid out, but I don't think AMR and AML is quite right for what I want in the wide areas, as I think they're too deep and not operating completely as I want.

Apologies if something similar has been posted in the past. An idea for a new option for a MC or DMC to be on the game is a surger/ball-carrier. Someone who carries the ball from deep to make transitions from defence to attack quicker, providing someone to run with the ball through the middle, ala Fernandinho, Jack Wilshere and Lewis Cook. It's a role that will aid teams countering quickly, despite not having any traditional wingers, rather having inside forwards or wide playmaker. I was inspired to bring this position up as something that should be added to the game after reading this article by the Guardian on the changing role of holding midfielders in the modern game, with this extract detailing what a 'surger' is:

Roaming playmaker? I believe the role option has rwb on often.

as i holiday from game to game - cant stand to press continue at 9.00, 11.15, 14.30, 17.55, 20.23, 22.39 and once against just before midntight - i´d like to be able to customize news in a way that fits us who holiday between matches.

99% of the time i miss out on players wanting to speak about something and when i get back they wont acknowledge my existence.

This could be dealt with, if we could talk to our players when ever we want, but that wont solve the entire holiday problem.

Being able to speak with our players at any given time, would solve the player interaction issue for mr holiday, but it wont help if fx an agent offers or a transfer bid is made for the player you´ve been following thoroughly.

I´d like it if i could have a "return from holiday if its important" - option and be able to choose what is important and what isnt.

being able to customize this, would definetly relieve me of a palyer revolt or two ;)

I know this wont happen, but i´d like it, if news items appeared once a day, 1 press on continue means 1 day gone by. The game in itself is time consuming as hell, which is okay in certain areas, but nonsensical in others. I try to safe as much time as possible, so for me its a matter of everything counts.

And my biggest wish:

SORT OUT THE AI..

the same problems are occuring every year. New scouting system, new role system, Tactical creator and numerous of other things have been tried, which where meant to make the ai more competetive, Making squadbuilding easier for the ai aswell. Rewind 5-10 yeas and the same complaints were made. This year, the ai provides even less of a challenge, so i wish for an artificial intelligence, which - to some extent - can live up to its last name

When AI managers move to new teams - the club should attempt to hire the new managers favored staff.

More varied types of media descriptions for players and managers.

3D Match Engine -

Players lifting/celebrating with the trophy after winning it.

Player goal celebrations.

Unique goals (Zlatans karate kick, Robertos Carlos super-swerve FK etc...)

Players surrounding the ref after a controversial decision.

Handballs.

Options for talking to the 4th official during the match (like team shouts).

Managers being sent to the stands.

Bookings for time-wasting, improper throw-ins, arguing with ref.

Is it possible to have in future a set piece migration wizard? I'd like to be able to migrate my corner defending routines from one tactic to another to save time.

I guess it is complicated, because you allocate responsibilities to positions so if you go from a 4-2-3-1 to a 5-3-2, then you have different numbers of DCs, as an example?

I've mentioned this before on another thread but,

What I'd like to see is rivalries that can be built up similar to how club icons etc are produced. If you happen to fight for the title with a club for a few years have them as a rival, they can disappear with time if it's not stoked up for a couple of seasons, and the same can be said for a team you play against repeatedly, say if you meet them in the cup competitions regularly and twice in the league. Or just give them some banter in the press and they can't deal with it after a few times.

You can have a 'Rivals' Category similar to the 'Favoured Personnel' one which can change season upon season, obviously there doesn't have to always be a 'new' rivalry going on being as most teams still have rivalries existing that work well, it's just then if you work hard to get a lower league team up to the top division and your rivals are still dwelling in the bottom echelons it affects the club. Every supporter looks forward to rivalry matches every season and some fans, myself included, look for these matches first whenever the calendar is released.

So we can have 3 category's (similar to the favoured personnel) one being the new 'Rivals' one, one being 'Local Rivals' which stays pretty much constant unless your a London club and climb or drop divisions! and lastly 'Fierce Rivals' these are the clubs the fans detest the most Liverpool - Manchester Utd, Derby - Notts Forest, and I'm sure there's lower league ones that I'm missing because of not going into detail.

I met Southampton when I was Newcastle 9 times in 2 seasons, and the press spoke about the last match, or the record but it would be nice to have someone more there.

A second thing I would like in addition to my above post.

Free kick takers, my main free kick taker is a Striker, great when it's a short range free kick with a chance to score, when it's further out, or out wide however and he has to cross it I'd prefer it to be another player, so he could potentially be on the receiving end of the cross.

Can we not have it split, Goalscoring freekicks and Crossing freekicks or something?

Adding more to my initial post:

A use for Managers wages, in Total Club Manager 2003 (one of my favourite ever football sims) you could put in a small code and then buy items for yourself, doesn't make much difference to yourself but actually gives you something else to think about and who doesn't want to live in a Caravan with a high powered sports car and a catamaran!

Manager agent.

Better holidaying options.

At the end of the match there's a box that comments on the Ref's performance and the 'one' mistake he makes. I think there should be a more detailed report on his performance. Refs can make more than one mistake in a match.

More skins that can be accessed on FM rather than the workshop. I've already opened a thread about my inability to see the leaderboard, this also affects the possibility of downloading anything from steam workshops.

More/different/better achievements. This is something ive wanted for a long time. Always disappointing to see the same ones with a slightly different look about them.

At this point nothing new FM is a big complex game already, it would be nice if SI give it finally a year to polish and balance the already existing options, ME and database balancing.

That is what i would really wish.

The only that i would like to see in future versions is that they could include the stadia graphics into the club overview instead of downloaded pics or coloured seats, and would be a nice touch that we could choose the style and looks if we build or rebuild our clubs stadium.

In general the actual version of FM would get to very high quality point if it get some attention in the graphics department, i mean not to much to not get to "clean" but significally.

When a player/s come to me asking why I've sold x player I'd like to be able to say I felt that the offer for x player was to good to turn down

example

I've just sold Gedion Zelalem for

15m up front , 8m over 12 months , 4 m after 50 league games and 25% of next sale(his value was 8.5m)

Sterling Came to me and asked why I sold on of our brightest prospects( a fair question) I had to lie and say he wanted regualar first team football & we couldn't give to him(though we probably could of)

A second thing I would like in addition to my above post.

Free kick takers, my main free kick taker is a Striker, great when it's a short range free kick with a chance to score, when it's further out, or out wide however and he has to cross it I'd prefer it to be another player, so he could potentially be on the receiving end of the cross.

Can we not have it split, Goalscoring freekicks and Crossing freekicks or something?

They could simply use your corner takers for such free kicks.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but would like to add my name to those asking for upgrades to the Coaching Badges mechanic

It's an excellent addition and adds a new dimension to the game for me. My big issue is that my coaches can pay for their own courses but I can't so i'm reliant on the club funding it. At lower/non league level the club often refuse for financial reasons so i want to be able to then say that I will fund it myself out of my wages.

Obviously time spent away from the club, or reduced impact in training could then result in added pressure from the board if results drop off while you are doing this

I'd like the Defensive Winger roles back for the AMLR positions. I posted about it in the feedback thread; I don't understand why they went away. AMLCR are the only positions where you can't have a Defend duty. I'd like to see Defensive Winger come back to the wide positions, and perhaps a Defend duty added to the Attacking Midfielder role, which maybe mimics the defensive behaviour of a Defensive Forward on defend.

The option to ask to the board to create or extinguish a sub or reserves team. Sometimes you want to cut cost or you want a new squad and if you start with a small team it's impossible to add other teams in the middle of the game.

This is a quality idea!

Although somewhat hard to implement in certain leagues.

Working in a similar premise to squads did in FML. But you can create your own teams on your own teams, Friendly Competitions only, Youth League, League team (for Spanish and German leagues etc.)

You could also use it as a loan squad for players you intend to loan out and in pre season give them high profile friendlies to get noticed.

I know some will say you can use Reserve/U21 squad for this, but the option for more wouldn't go amiss.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I would like to see maybe a changeable youth regen pa for countries. For example, 10 years ago you would not have expected Belgium to have so many top quality players, so the pa of youth regens in Belgium it would be a lot lower on previous FMs than today. For example, if a country has sustained success both at national level (league wide improvement of facilities, standard of training, competitiveness, high profile players playing there etc) and international level (more success in World Cups and other international competitions), this would lead to an increase in popularity in the game, meaning more kids playing it as opposed to other sports, meaning better youngsters coming through.

Linked to this, if you are a national team manager for a sustained period, maybe asking the FA to build a National Centre of Excellance (think Clairefontaine in France etc) or invest more in the grassroots of the game, which would have a long term effect on the quality of youth regens in that country (maybe 5 Points pa upgrade per year for a certain amount of years).

Head 2 Head

you know the way you can see the clubs past meeting

what about the possibility of see your past meeting with different managers as we love building rivalries with managers

or if you move club to club see your personal record v a certain club

Staff and Coach interaction:

At the start of every season, it would be good if you can select which items that you wish the staff to discuss at the regular meetings. i.e tell them that you do or don't want suggestions about new coaches, scouts or physios, you do or don't want input about changing squad status and a tick box that indicates that if you dismiss a piece of advice, you don't want it repeated at every meeting, which is particularly frustrating.

So a list of all the discussion options and a check box as to whether you want them brought up and if so, how often.

I would like to see signing on fees and agent fees NOT deducted from your transfer budget when negotiating new contracts for your existing players. (ok when transferring new players in) Especially at lower levels, it seems such a waste of what meagre transfer budget you get considering it's your own players you're dealing with. I know you can negotiate both of these down to zero, but that normally means offering high bonuses or wages to compensate.

Might be a realistic aspect of the game, but it's one that makes LLM a whole lot less enjoyable.

I think a good possible addition to future versions would be the ability to take backroom staff with you when changing jobs, something like asking your future chairman to negotiate for them as well

Currently when ive changed jobs one of the most time consuming aspects is sorting out the backroom staff as id like them and in real life a new manager usually brings his own people in as well when they start.

1. AI squad balance: Maybe tie this into the football clubs philiosophy and scouting requirements, i.e. AJAX produce own young players with view to selling to plough back into youth system. Real Madrid: Buy the best in the world. AC MILAN: Buy experienced players. PORTO / SHAKTAR etc: Buy best young south americans etc etc. As many have probably mentioned, AI squad balance especially after a few seasons is awful. All clubs go through cycles IRL and this isn't something you get in FM, though it maybe hard to simulate?

2. Clubs letting players go on free who hit 31/32 years old. After awhile you see this all the time, likes of fabregas being released by chelsea etc. 34/35 yrs old i'd understand, but early thirties is still too early. Again ties into AI squad balance.

3. Training: For something that IRL clubs spend most their time on i.e. the training ground in FM its just dull. A few years back there was modular training in FM. Boxes you'd drag and drop for training that week and month i.e. 3 v 3, 5 a side, set pieces etc. That was fun as you'd plan training accoring to opposition and fixture list / congestion. Maybe a controversal suggestion, but the ability to watch training? i.e. watch players play 5 a side or get daily / weekly training reports from your staff.

4. AI club managerial appointments: Sometimes these make no sense. Example Wenger retires and casere Prandelli is apponited arsenal manager? How does he fit into the clubs philiosphy of play attractive attacking football and buying young(er) players? He doesn't.

5. For those of us who go 10/15/20 seasons into the game a yearly round-up ala World Soccer magazine or 4-4-2 Magazine article on the worlds best 11 players or worlds top 3 players in their respective positions would help.

6. Same clubs (in active league or view only) winning the league (a league where you are not a manager). In my current save, Juventus, Bayern, Porto have all won the league for the last eight years. eight years! Again i think AI squad balance and buying/selling would knock this on the head.

7. AI squad rotation: At the moment all you really need to do is to rotate your squad (22 good players) and you'll have a pretty good season. AI players are normally exhausted or jaded because the AI plays them constantly. Human squad rotation is one thing that makes the game alittle too easy because the AI is so bad at it.

8. Regens having low physical stats for stamina, pace and acceleration. Also maybe mental stats could improve expotentially more (depending on players PA) the more experince they get of top flight football. Which leads me to (9)

9. A new mental stat called EXPERIENCE. Young players all start with "1" and at the end of their career depending if they have been a top flight football player with international experience they can reach potentially "20". To get to "20" would involve winning leagues, experience of Champions league games, maybe playing in international tournaments. This would also help with the problem of AI getting rid of experienced players when they hit their early thirties, if they have "experience" and the AI is programmed to value experience (depending on the club ala AC MILAN) then they retain these players longer.

10. The "elections" at REAL MADRID and BARCELONA. IRL the candidates promise to buy players X,Y,Z if they are elected this does annoy clubs in real life when these candidates suggest they will sign the clubs player. Also on the subject of REAL and BARCELONA these two clubs plus BAYERN (also known as FC Hollywood) are subject to all sorts of politics which can fundamentally change the course of the club i.e. just look at BARCA over the past few years. It would be "interesting" if politics (board level) played more of a factor in running these clubs. For example at REAL MADRID the chairman buying a player you didnt want but are forced to play (i.e. current situation with Carlo Ancelotti at REAL MADRID). Or insisting you sell a play you don't want to sell i.e. DI MARIA etc. Another example is David Sullivan at West Ham buying Sakho and Zarate without asking big Sam first.

11. More interaction with chairman when buying a player. In IRL managers just dont go and make an offer on a player they run it through the chairman first / board

12. Super agents i.e. Jose Mendes who influence over players coming out of portugal IRl is huge. How this is done or plays in the game, I don't know.

awesome ideas!

Player fitness:

There should be something to simulate the Ramadan. The game would take a percentage of players from Muslim countries and weaken their fitness through the month. Obviously the amount of players that would do the Ramadan would have to be an estimate.

Over the coming years, you'll start to see this more in real life. As FPP gets stricter, teams will have to make tougher decisions on who to keep and release at the end of their contracts.

players who want to leave, kicking up a stink when no move happens, this needs to go, because no other clubs have bid. I can't do anything.

and yes clubs are releasing players, 31+ age players, I scooped up Huntelaar on a free on my second season at United. still very much decent.

Manager/Chairman chats on how the team are performing, progress against other vision targets. A visible description of the relationship with an invisible score, I guess a bit like a player/manager relationship.

Ultimately this should effect your sackableness (I invented a word!) or job security, a good relationship means the chairman more reluctant to sack you, a bad one more ready to. It should be possible however to maintain your job with a very bad relationship, perhaps with success and a high fan confidence rating this could protect you.

This would probably require some development of chairman personalities, patient/impatient ones, loyalty, interference (trying to get you to pick a favourite player of theirs).

I don't know if these ideas are viable for the next FM, but I think they are interesting.

1) Creation of new clubs by AI: This would be possible if it was used an algorithm, for example, if a new club comes in Manchester, could be used the name of a city, a local region, old names of existing clubs and even copies of names of famous clubs. It is extremely feasible to create a Liverpool in Swaziland, for example. Furthermore, terminations could be used for the club name, such as "City", "town", "United", "Athletic 'and others. In this way, we could have new clubs, like Manchester Town or London Albion, for example.

2) Extinct clubs returning to activity: Another viable idea. It would be spectacular if some teams of the past return to active, even in lower divisions. Maybe some of them never appear in active leagues, but only the fact that they are there is already a great addition.

3) Population variation: Another idea that could be implemented is the population variation. In my view, it would be simple to create. It would take only one value in the editor, a kind of factor that regulates the growth trend / decrease of the population based on real factors that vary from -1 to 1. A country with variation of -0.53, for example, tends to decrease their population gradually. This could influence the appearance of new clubs and newgens (1) positively or negatively.

Sorry for my bad english.

I don't know if these ideas are viable for the next FM, but I think they are interesting.

1) Creation of new clubs by AI: This would be possible if it was used an algorithm, for example, if a new club comes in Manchester, could be used the name of a city, a local region, old names of existing clubs and even copies of names of famous clubs. It is extremely feasible to create a Liverpool in Swaziland, for example. Furthermore, terminations could be used for the club name, such as "City", "town", "United", "Athletic 'and others. In this way, we could have new clubs, like Manchester Town or London Albion, for example.

Yeah, I love that. But it'll be extremely hard to implement in the game properly. I'm using a custom Spanish database. Only the first three levels have a set number of teams. Level 4 to 9 have only a minimum number of teams. So, If the game creates a new team it could put it in some lower level and it'll work. Same goes for another great idea, creating a B or C team (In Spain they play in the pyramid). Same for Germany. You go to your board and make a request for a B team or a C team if you have a B team.

Another idea I like is for the filter when selecting players, hide grey players. :D

This has been driving me nuts for a while. In Spain and England the youth competitions have the correct formats and age limits. If I remember correctly during my time managing Arsenal, the youth teams were divided into u21 and u18 premier league and that at the end of the season the groups split up as they also do in real life. However, I don't know the new English youth system that well so I won't go further into it. When I was managing at Barcelona, I noticed that my u19 team played in a group consisting of local youth teams from the northeast of Spain and the Balearic islands, as opposed to a national youth league that would see them playing against the youth teams from all across Spain. This allowed me to really make an attempt to scout the local youth players of Catalunya and pluck the best ones for my u19s and B team as is the case in real life. So, thank you for doing things so well in English and Spanish youth football.

The situation in Italy is entirely different and is a complete mess. I am very pleased that for the first FM ever, we finally have a U20 team and U18 team for Italian clubs as opposed to a reserves and a u19, like the game used to have. The problem now is that the age limits are two years higher in the game than they are in real life. Here are the real life rules for Primavera (U20): http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campionato_Primavera&prev=search

In real life, for the 2014-15 Primavera league and cup fixtures there may be an unlimited amount of players born in 1996 or younger, but only three players born 1995 and one player born any year. Clubs use the one "any age" spot to get some fitness for first team players who are returning from injury. They use the three "one year up" overage spots for any of three reasons:

1) a player is a key player for the Primavera team in a certain position and they don't have any viable replacement for him among the younger players. Examples of this are Francesco Proietti Gaffi '94 goalkeeper in AS Roma Primavera in 2013-14 and Massimo Sammartino '95 left back in AS Roma Primavera in 2014-15. Neither players was/is viewed as first team quality during their U20 "gap year" but were the only good option at U20 level at their positions.

2) a player is viewed as having high potential but isn't ready for a loan to a lower division club, usually because of a lack in size. An example of this is Federico Ricci '94 in AS Roma Primavera in 2013-14 who was given the chance to improve his strength and size by training with AS Roma first team while playing U20 games.

3) a player is viewed as being very close to ready for the first team at his club, so the club uses the extra year of eligibility to try to ease him into the first team while he also gets games at U20 level. I know that Roma has tried this, though in both cases the players ended up going out on loan the following year anyway. Examples: Alessandro Florenzi '91 Roma Primevera captain 2010-11, Federico Viviani '92 Roma Primavera captain 2011-12

Here is a perfect example of the overage spots being used, a Roma Primavera game in 2013-14: http://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/2362428

The 14 players that saw field time for Roma that game were as such:

1996's Di Mariano, Capradossi, Adamo

1995's Cedric, Somma, Romagnoli, Jedvaj, Sammartino, Mazzitelli, Battaglia, Ferri

1994's "one year up" Proietti Gaffi, Ricci

1991 "any age" Destro

Now, one season later, all but three (Somma, Sammartino, Ferri) of those promising '95s are out on loan because of the age limits. So, in 2014-15 AS Roma Primavera consists of players born in 1996 and 1997, with three 1995s. The three 95s play in Primavera league and cup games but are ineligible for the U19 Champions League games, because that competition is 1996 or younger. Their Allievi Nazionali team, or U18s in the game, consists of players born in 1998. However, in FM15 the age rules are quite different. The game allows you no overage players, but unlimited players born 1994 or younger in the U20. In the U18, it allows you unlimited players born 1996 or younger.

2014-15 Roma Primavera:

2014/15 Squad

ADAMO Matteo Frosinone 29/07/96 CENTROCAMPISTA

ANOCIC Silvio Osijek (Croazia) 10/09/97 DIFENSORE

BELVISI Matteo Roma 27/02/97 DIFENSORE

CALABRESI Arturo Roma 17/03/96 DIFENSORE

CALI' Aimone Roma 11/02/97 ATTACCANTE

CAPRADOSSI Elio Kampala (Uganda) 11/03/96 DIFENSORE

DE SANTIS Eros Tivoli RM 30/10/97 DIFENSORE

DE SANTIS Nicholas Roma 20/02/97 ATTACCANTE

DI LIVIO Lorenzo Torino 11/01/97 CENTROCAMPISTA

DI MARIANO Francesco Palermo 20/04/96 ATTACCANTE

D'URSO Christian Rieti 26/07/97 CENTROCAMPISTA

FAIELLA Francesco Roma 05/06/97 PORTIERE

FERRI Jacopo Roma 05/04/95 ATTACCANTE

MARCHEGIANI Gabriele Roma 03/06/96 PORTIERE

NDOJ Emanuele Catania 20/11/96 CENTROCAMPISTA

PAOLELLI Andrea Viterbo 31/07/97 DIFENSORE

PELLEGRINI Lorenzo Roma 19/06/96 CENTROCAMPISTA

POP Ionut Alin Oradea (Romania) 01/08/97 PORTIERE

RICOZZI Simone Roma 24/03/97 CENTROCAMPISTA

SAMMARTINO Massimo Roma 08/09/95 DIFENSORE

SOLERI Edoardo Roma 19/10/97 ATTACCANTE

SOMMA Michele Salerno 16/03/95 DIFENSORE

TAVIANI Tommaso Roma 26/04/96 ATTACCANTE

VASCO Lorenzo Aprilia LT 19/06/97 CENTROCAMPISTA

VERDE Daniele Napoli 20/06/96 ATTACCANTE

VESTENICKY Tomas Topolcany (Slovacchia) 06/04/96 ATTACCANTE

(copy pasted from http://www.asroma.it/en/team/youth_sector.html

So, in summation: this season's U20 should be 96's and 97's with at most three 95's and one overage spot. This season's U18 should be 1998's and a the few '99s that come into the team in the first youth intake in March. Next season's U20 should be 97's and 98's with at most three 96's and one overage spot. Next season's U18 should be 1999s.

Another problem with the U20 teams in Italy is that the leagues are incorrect, unlike Spain's. In the game, the U20 and U17 teams play in national leagues according to which division their club's first team plays in. So, the U20 league consists of 20 youth teams of the teams in Serie A that season. The Serie B U20 teams have a 22-team league. In real life, the Serie A and B U20 teams all play together. I'm not sure about the system for the U20 teams of Serie C, Serie D and below, but in real life the 42 Primavera teams of the Serie A and Serie B clubs play in three groups of 14 teams depending on location. Each year, four teams are relegated from Serie B, so depending on the locations of the four teams that come up from Serie C, the teams in each group change slightly each season. Groups A and B consist of the northern teams (Milan, Inter, Juve etc.), whereas the biggest teams of the south (Roma, Lazio, Napoli) have all historically played in Primavera Girone C.

Here are the 2014-15 Primavera groups:

Girone A http://www.transfermarkt.com/campionato-primavera-girone-a/startseite/wettbewerb/ITJ1

Girone B http://www.transfermarkt.com/campionato-primavera-girone-b/startseite/wettbewerb/ITJ2

Girone C http://www.transfermarkt.com/campionato-primavera-girone-c/startseite/wettbewerb/ITJ3

At the end of the season, the top teams make playoffs and go into a knockout competition for the U20 national championship. The rules for that are explained here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campionato_Primavera&prev=search

and here

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campionato_Primavera_2013-2014&prev=search

It works in two playoff phases. The top two teams from each group receive a bye to the quarterfinals. In the first playoff phase the teams' points from their respective league tables determine their seeding as such, from among the top 5 teams from each group. If points are equal, then goal differential is used:

5th place with the least points is eliminated

5th place with the second least points VERSUS 3rd place with the most points (GAME 1)

5th place with the most points VERSUS 3rd place with the second most points (GAME 2)

4th place with the least points VERSUS 3rd place with the least points (GAME 3)

4th place with the second least points VERSUS 4th place with the most points (GAME 4)

round 2

winner game 1 VERSUS winner game 4 (GAME 5)

winner game 2 VERSUS winner game 3 (GAME 6)

quarterfinals

i'm not sure how the seeding here works, but the winners of GAME 5 and GAME 6 are thrown in with the six teams who were the top two in each group during the regular season. 8 teams, 3 rounds, 1 leg each round.

This is unlike the semis and final of the Primavera Cup, which are both two legged.

At the beginning of every season, the champions of the Primavera league playoffs play the champions of the Primavera Cup in the Primavera Super Cup (1 leg).

Archived