What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I think that the whole Fluidity concept needs an overhaul. Instead, we should have separate instructions for vertical compactness, creative freedom (in some way, maybe not as it was earlier) and other instructions affected by Fluidity. Also, horizontal spread (narrow-wide) should be looked into, teams should still be able to play narrow formation (narrow 4-4-2, for example) without focusing the passes through the middle. Fluidity just isn't right. Instructions for controling space between the lines and width should be improved. Think of Sacchi, whole team in 25x25m.

I guess this is more suitable to this thread.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seem to have been a lot of threads like this recently where people clearly don't know/understand how qualification out of the Group Stage works in the European competitions when three teams finish level on points. It'd be a nice touch if, a few days before the final match (when you receive the match preparation news item) the game sent you a new item reminding you of how qualification works, with particular detail where the scenario has the potential to be complicated, and what you need to do to get a certain position. So in the case above it'd say something like:

Should Leverkusen, Juventus and Swansea all finish level on points, the Champions League head-to-head rules stipulate that the final positions will be decided using a mini-league compiled of the results between them, and ignoring those against Club Brugge who are already guaranteed to finish bottom. Therefore:

If Leverkusen lose or draw against Clube Brugge, Juventus and Swansea will both qualify for the next stage. Because of Swansea's win against Juventus earlier in the Group Stage, they know that a draw in this situation will see them win the group, whereas Juventus must win the match to come 1st. The top team in the group will be rewarded with a superior seeding in the First Knockout Round, and will be guaranteed to play the first leg away from home.

If however Leverkusen are victorious in Brussels, the winner of thee Juventus-Swansea match will qualify as group winners, with Leverkusen securing 2nd place and the losers from Juventus-Swansea having to settle for 3rd spot and a place in the Europa League First Knockout Round.

Should Leverkusen win away to Club Brugge and the Juventus-Swansea game end in a draw, all three of these teams will finish level on 11 points. Therefore, a new table shall be used that excludes the results against bottom-placed Club Brugge. The three remaining teams will be sorted based on goal difference and then goals scored within this mini-table. As Leverkusen have already played both Juventus and Swansea twice, they will in such a mini-table finish with a goal difference of 1. Meanwhile, Juventus and Swansea would finish with goal differences of 0 and -1 respectively, since neither of their tallies would change following a draw. Therefore, should all three teams finish on 11 points, Leverkusen will win the group, with Juventus qualifying alongside them and Swansea having to settle for the Europa League.

(This paragraph would of course be longer in GD was also on course to be equal, because then it'd go to goals scored which can be affected by these matches. In such a case, or where GD can change because on of the head-to-head teams needs to beat another for 3 teams to be equal, the exact parameters needed in comparison to the concurrent match should be stated. Where goals scored may also be equal, goals scored away from home between the teams also needs to be considered).

(In more complex situations, this'd be followed be a paragraph on the criteria should even the mini-league be equal: overall GD, then overall Goals Scored, then UEFA Coefficient. I've never ever seen it go this far, but should even the Coefficient be equal somehow then it should go to a drawing of lots between the two teams in questions immediately prior to the draw for the next round).

Then, if they are currently disabled, it'd be nice to have the following line added:

Your assistant reccomends that you enable some additional Match Feed Notifications for the next game, so that you receive updates on the score from the concurrent match and the live league table positions.

The buttons at the bottom should then be "Show Table", "Show Results", and "Enable Notifications".

This could also impact the match preparation news item, which would ideally immediately follow this in your inbox. For instance:

"Your assistant would normally recommend practising the defence of set plays due to the opposition's strength in this area. However, due to the fact Swansea are likely to need a victory against the defensively tight Juventus to progress to the next round, whereas they know that a draw would be enough to secure progress, you may wish to consider instead preparing your team's attacking movement in an effort to break them down".

Something similar could be implemented for the last few crucial games in a league campaign, although there is generally far less potential for confusion.

A thing people asked for since FM08 from what i remember. Dynamic rivalries ! If for 10 years i'm battling for the title with a team that isn't on my rivals list, they should become one, if not a fierce rival ! It would be a breath of fresh air.

why don't numbers have any affect on players, for example when some high profile players move to a new club, but get given an unusual number there is no difference, but for a player like di maria who moved to man united which has a huge history in the number 7, surely that would have an affect on his morale.

but players do have preferred numbers, like fellaini (25) and valencia (25). surely a players morale could be boosted by being given his favourite number.

some players are given absurd numbers, and there numbers change every season at not controled clubs, this could fix that problem.

there could also be a fan influence.

players could become confused if a manager changes there number too often, or if they get moved to their favourite number or a historic number, they could be glad.

some numbers mean different things in countries, maybe that could be implemented.

but i would also take a look at some cases like david de gea for example. his favourite number is 13, but he is obviously going to always stay as number 1.

how about an option to do live transfers. i don't now how to name it but basically when you start a game after the winter update, you don't start with the players, but instead...

they slowly join as future transfers on the date they are in real life.

this could also be for the normal game, so players like welbeck could be available on the first game of the season and then later sold

MAPS please, when i manage away from England i would love to see where the 2 teams are based and maybe some more info like miles, i have asked many times before and never been knocked back but i just thought id throw it in the hat again, i would even do the job for near minimum wage ;)

Nope, when I click away from the screen, the conversation ends. Every other conversation I can do this in but with players, the conversation always ends.

You can then turn to the player en click on the interaction menu, there your conversation is visible again

I would really like to be able to sign my 2nd team into a competition. I have promoted Bochum to the 1. Bundesliga and only the u19 team is now registered to a competition, so I have to organise a lot of friendlies for the second team year after year.

Now I have positioned myself in the top of the first Bundesliga, it would be nice if the players in the second team can get real playing experience like the second team of Bayern and Dortmund do into a real competition.

This would be a real improvement.

I would really like to be able to sign my 2nd team into a competition. I have promoted Bochum to the 1. Bundesliga and only the u19 team is now registered to a competition, so I have to organise a lot of friendlies for the second team year after year.

Now I have positioned myself in the top of the first Bundesliga, it would be nice if the players in the second team can get real playing experience like the second team of Bayern and Dortmund do into a real competition.

This would be a real improvement.

Your II team is already part of an official competition, in this case Bochum II start the game in Regionaliga West so there is a chance that they could earn promotion to the 3rd division but in the meantime they will be playing simulated regionaliga matches. There is no need to arrange extra friendlies as that will only increase the chances of players in the II team suffering from fatigue due to playing too many matches.

About individual training....it should be possible to train players aggression...anybody who ever trained football could find an example of little scary boy who turn into aggressive player over the years.

Next are goalkeepers, reflexes should also be able to train, it can be improve over the time, there are a lots of types of training to do that....

On the other hand, leadership qualities, IMO you have that or you don't. I don't think it is possible to teach someone to be a leader...

Your II team is already part of an official competition, in this case Bochum II start the game in Regionaliga West so there is a chance that they could earn promotion to the 3rd division but in the meantime they will be playing simulated regionaliga matches. There is no need to arrange extra friendlies as that will only increase the chances of players in the II team suffering from fatigue due to playing too many matches.

Could it be i didn't load these databases that I don't get an invitation for these competitions?

About individual training....it should be possible to train players aggression...anybody who ever trained football could find an example of little scary boy who turn into aggressive player over the years.

Next are goalkeepers, reflexes should also be able to train, it can be improve over the time, there are a lots of types of training to do that....

On the other hand, leadership qualities, IMO you have that or you don't. I don't think it is possible to teach someone to be a leader...

You can already train reflexes, if you have good enough training facilities.

Could it be i didn't load these databases that I don't get an invitation for these competitions?
It's not an invite based system, the II team are already part of the football pyramid & will be part of the selection pool when the game decides which 3 sides from the regionaliga will be promoted, there are 90 sides competing at level 4 across 5 sub divisions for those 3 places so the probability is not high but Bochum II do have a decent starting rep so it could happen.

As ever the bets way to get the most realistic experience in nations that have B/II teams in the lower leagues is to activate those leagues through the use of custom league files.

Why can't we save the staff responsibilities like a few other things that get stored in the game memory ( manager info for example ), it's really annoying when you start a new save to have to go into the responsibilities and set each one all over again as before.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but a very small one (at least on the surface it is) but being able to select a birthplace without selecting the nationality of the birthplace. I was born in Germany but am not German nor do I speak the langue. I would love to be able to select my Birthplace without ending up half-German or able to speak German, as is true to life.

It might be an idea to change who is available to tutor slightly. I'm thinking any player who has coaching stats or has plans of going into coaching should always be available to tutor regardless of the status they have in the team. Similarly if players are icons or legends for the club it would make sense for older players to remain available to tutor. For example I had a 39 year old Totti at Roma who was unavailable to tutor because "His status in the team is too low." which doesn't sound realistic to me.

In Squad->Squad Depth->Roles Overview we could have the option to save customized views (after ticking off players from roles you may not "consider" for that view)

this will help manage the possible roles you really consider using when making your tactics, and for filtering data you do not want in an specific view

For now there's only a single custom view which you can reset bringing all players/roles back

It would be nice to be able to create shorlists for your own players since you could group players for specific roles or areas of the game (like dribblers, tacklers or aerial challengers) or record players by personalities or players who are good on important matches

If I had one wish of what I would like to see in FM, or should I say back in the series is the highlighted best players.

People that have played the series for years will maybe remember that when looking at other squads you would see 1 or 2 players that had their names in bold as they were the star players for the squad.

I always thought this was great when searching for players in teams throughout the world, also it was helpful when thinking how you would approach a game.

I can understand why it was maybe removed but I really do miss it when searching for that new player for my team.

Follow coaches' development

There should be a graph for coaches' attributes, just like for the players. We have the option to send them on coaching courses, but we don't get to see the benefits of this unless we memorize or write down their attributes beforehand. Let us see what their attributes were when they joined. This would make it easier to track coaches' development, and ease the frustration of signing a 5 star coach only to see he's become 4.5 stars half a season later.

I would really appreciate the ability to filter tired players from any given current view, from either the Tactic Screen or Squad Screen. For example: When clicking on the show filters button there could be an option under hide players called "Tired Players". That would then hide all current tired players.

The game needs to stop making decisions on my behalf.

If I am on "holiday" the Assistant manager should not be changing the team captains. Players who want to speak to me should not act as if I have rejected their request.

Since this new player interaction model is apparently the future, we need to be able to speak to unhappy players, not being able to speak to a player about anything ever if he is sulking is a bit unrealistic.

Another genius idea. Not really. But it would most definitely increase immersion.

Champions League games in 3D Match View could have an environment similar to the following image before the match:

NyxPOOc.jpg

It would very much add to the game if each match feels special. For example in the Champions League game if we choose to play with sound on: the champions league song kicks in while the avatars in the match engine are replicating the scene at the start of each champions league game.

Additionally, in Champions League Finals, or other finals, if there could be a more enjoyable celebration instead at the final whistle where players receive the trophy and they celebrate on a stage with fireworks in the night sky which lights up the stadium. I always tend to watch my finals in 3D using the Full Match Mode.

Another genius idea. Not really. But it would most definitely increase immersion.

Champions League games in 3D Match View could have an environment similar to the following image before the match:

NyxPOOc.jpg

It would very much add to the game if each match feels special. For example in the Champions League game if we choose to play with sound on: the champions league song kicks in while the avatars in the match engine are replicating the scene at the start of each champions league game.

Additionally, in Champions League Finals, or other finals, if there could be a more enjoyable celebration instead at the final whistle where players receive the trophy and they celebrate on a stage with fireworks in the night sky which lights up the stadium. I always tend to watch my finals in 3D using the Full Match Mode.

I'm not sure about CL environment and sounds because of licensing issues, but yes, something should be done, just for the feeling that you are in finale...not just CL finale but other important tournaments...when I win some trophy, there is no feeling that i won anything, some stuff falling from the sky, players put their hands in the air, and that's it.....i think that the game is now on very good level (except AI squad building) and it's time to put some more details in the game

I'm not sure about CL environment and sounds because of licensing issues, but yes, something should be done, just for the feeling that you are in finale...not just CL finale but other important tournaments...when I win some trophy, there is no feeling that i won anything, some stuff falling from the sky, players put their hands in the air, and that's it.....i think that the game is now on very good level (except AI squad building) and it's time to put some more details in the game

Agreed. We need better celebration animations as well. I know this ain't FIFA but it's still football. Combined with Fan Chants it would be amazing to watch every game in 3D Match Engine.

Make the stadiums real, I don't know what purpose the shots of stadiums serve other than breaking immersion when they aren't elland Road, Andielf or the Nou Camp.

Can't do that because of licensing issues, they could do a better job of varying the existing ones though I agree, or even introduce a stadium designing mod like we had in FML.

I've been saying this for years, for many of us winning something is rare and should be accompanied by lots of fanfare and celebrations. (optional of course ;))

I know it's not a manager responsibility to name a stadium. But maybe SI can inject abit more creativity in naming of the stadium. Instead of only stadium, you could use words like arena, ground, dome and etc.

My wish is for the raumdeuter role to be included in the MR/L positions in future editions of FM. In the game, the original raumdeuter, thomas muller is listed as being a natural in the MR position but the raumdeuter role ironically enough is only available in the AML/R areas. If the BWM role could be included in recent editions of FM in the DM position and not just in MC region then i hope raumdeuters can be seen in wide midfield areas. Muller has the Ppm of moving into channels which show that it is possible for the ML/R position to have the same PIs as a raumdeuter.

I believe that I've stated this in the thread earlier, but I'll take the opportunity of other wish and reinforce the latter.

1) The possibility of revert or reinstalling a FM in a older patch. I've had a lot of troubles with 15.2, the fixes ruined the game, and I needed to wait 3 or 4 months for enjoying FM 15 again. This would be simple resolved by installing a older version of the game

2) The option of me, as a trainer needing coaching badges, pay for the course with my salary. I believe this is important and would be helpful when we start without coach licenses. And I think that the guys who always asks for been able to do anything with their wage will be pleased.

3) The role of a Inside Winger for AMC. Aberdeen used it in the previous season and the role played a good part in the good start of the team last season. I even asked for it in FM 15, but it was not included, so I'm suggesting again. And for not being a dull request, I'll describe. Basically is the opposition of the Inside Forward or the Inverted Wing Back. In this role, the AMC can switch his play/direction diagonally from the outside of the area to the sides of the pitch. This creates a space in the front of the area, principally with the opposition play with a defensive midfielder, allowing spaces for attackers who came back or midfielder who advances. The Aberdeen manage used a Winger in the AMC position to create this structure of play.

I have probably said it before, and many before me, but please incorporate a tick box on a network game where players cant get sacked! im sick to death of playing in an online game and somebody struggling then getting the sack and having to sit the game out until they can apply for another job.

its especially frustrating when the other players are doing so well and the sacked person has to sit out the game for weeks in the grim hope that a job will come up. ive found they quickly lose interest and the game is killed.

more wilder and erratic behaviour from the regens would be good and increase longevity and humour. like fireworks in the house, wearing plastic tits on an open topped bus, releasing a record, firing an air gun at training, silly haircuts, illegal activities (sex related or otherwise), jailed, drugs/doping/rehab, death, stupid twitter comments, driving mishaps, becoming pundits, etc.

I appreciate these are only 'cosmetic' changes and have no bearing on how the game plays, but they could help to flesh out the game and make it more 3D and encourage people to play a more long term game.

2. positions - it is good to be able to filter players by positions in squad and tactics view. what i would like is to be able to chose myself which players show on which positions. at the moment, players are shown in all positions they are accomplished. for example, if i have AM R/L ST player that i don't use at AMR/L positions at all, i would prefer to be able and order the game not to show him in this filter. as well, if i have CD that has good attributes and i am using him as CM or DM i should be able to assign him to appear in these filters. in fact, i'd expect game to recognize itself where i use (or retrain positions) of my players and put them in new slots even if they aren't proficient in these positions.

yeah id like to see an added filter for positions such as 'limited defender','poacher', 'advanced playmaker, attack', etc.

In the news item about my new managerial job, please do not remind me of that one time five years ago when I lost in the League Cup to a slightly smaller team cos I was playing reserves and didn't actually give a damn.

Allowing Custom Managers To Have Playing History e.g If I Selected Semi-Pro Or Above I Would Able To Select Clubs Who I Could Have Played For.

Either Adding Instant Result To The Main Game Or Giving Us The Ability To Put Our Own Custom Databases E.G English Level 9 Or Custom Players In Classic Mode

Archived