What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Having been poking about in FM 14 and FM 15 as a new player, the comments I have seen on forums indicate that the new tactics creator does not offer any indications of what is actually going on under the hood. I like the way it is heading, however there are some things that would make it easier for people to see what is wrong without having to play games.

Before I start, a scenario: When a coach lays out his tactics, he can see on the training ground how high his teams DLine is setting up, how narrow his formation is sitting and also based on his instructions, how the formation is moving. In FM, you can't. Not until you actually play a match can you see how your team is shaping up. This is the single biggest frustration on the forums here.

My solution: Bring back sliders! nah, kidding sortof. What you need to get on the tactic screen is a graphic which shows slider like settings for the key attributes. I would suggest the following as a basis: DLine height, mentality, closing down, passing width, pace (plus any others that you guys deem worthy). you could use the same indicators that you have on the players, a row of circle indicators that reflect the outcome of the settings. This way when you chose attacking you can see what that does to your dline, passing, pace. They don't have to be adjustable, just indicative.

Issue 2: Player movement guide: What I was envisioning here was a simple team layout showing shaded areas of influence for the selected role, plus perhaps arrows to show how far forward your selected role and duty will move you player. Again just a guide - so you can see that you have created a gaping hole in your defensive screen by making your right wingback a CWB on attack and your right back on cover with your DM as a roaming playmaker. Again a simple graphic that highlights the team layout as a guide.

Of course if you went further with that you could have an animated Defence to Attack to Defence transition display. This would only show the theory, and would not account for the oppositions impact, but is would allow you to prove that your basic idea was mostly sound.

I hope this insight proves useful, and it is only one novices opinion.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I could detail them all 1 by 1 but I think this way is much better and more clear. Here is my € 0.02.

1. A way to see where staff attributes improve like players.

2. More youth teams (U17, U15, etc). Better way of building up a nice academy.

2b. Implement solidarity contribution - http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/04/what-is-solidarity-contribution-in-football/

3. Improve randomizing fixtures. Right now you have many situation that TEAM1 faces a team that TEAM2 played the matchday before.

4. Make contract bonuses like 'Winning the [EVENT]" depend on how many games you play. For example if you have as bonus 300k to win Premier League. You only get that full bonus when you played at least 28 games or so, otherwise you only get a lesser % bonus from the total.

5. I think it happens too often that a player ask for a new contract after some good performances.

6. Able to search on 'Scouting knowledge' on staff search. Or would that be too easy?

6b. Also youth coaches should be separated to filter on staff search.

7. Add up more type of questions during press conferences. Gets boring after a while.

8. Co-op manager system. You can be manager with your friend/online player and take care of the team. For example my friend takes more focus on the first team, transfers, scouting etc, while I do youth team, reserve team, and training etc.

Change recruitment of AI : the AI often takes only into account the CA rather than the player season. I often see clubs buying for millions players who had a terrible season but with a great CA, which pretty much never happen in real life.

Significantly increase transfer activity, especially in less competitive leagues. A-League teams do not buy anybody and semi-pro are unable to recruit foreign players.

Just 2 things I think will make the game better to do with the player(you) moving clubs and retiring

When the Manager/you retires you should be able to pick a date at the end of the season when this happens, this will give the team time to find a replacement and it could provide some interesting press conversations like being ask who you think should replace you.

Another good feature would be when offered a new job after the season started you could say you will take over at the end of the season, during this time the new club could hire a caretaker until you take over.

Unless I'm being a pleb, It's impossible to keep track of who is being marked by whom.

Is there a way to keep track of it without going to each player individually?

If there isn't there should be.

edit- If a guy is acting up and missing training, give us more options than just fining him, not being able to talk to him is frustrating.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned (too lazy to read the whole thread ;) ), but i would really like to see one thing in players individual training.

At the moment there is options to train certain attribute or certain role.

It would be very nice to also be able to customize training for multiple attributes.

For example, player is a bit weak and doesn't have good stamina -> setup training for strength + stamina.

For the love of god, stop players shooting from impossible angles every single game!!!!!!!
Not really a feature idea. :D

Best way for this to be addressed is to have a thread in the ME bugs forum & upload your examples of this, it's also worth detailing the attributes strengths & weaknesses that you feel should see the player picking out other options.

I would love the following features:

- After a certain period of time, once many known players have retired, the game can lose an element of attachment. I would suggest a good feature would

be the generation of famous historic players around the globe that you can go after even local legends spawning at your club etc. At the very least adding the option in the editor

for future player spawning would be a great way to enhance the game!

- I would love the ability to build design stadiums, any additional creativity can really enhance your experience of a club, I appreciate this would be an ambitious step of development

but there have been some very good stadium builders on other games.

-I would also love the ability perhaps after some time at a club to design a new club football strip, this could also be received well or badly by the supporters and linked to generating more/less revenue

but do it too often (new one every season) and fans don't buy as much, get into europe and add a 3rd strip again to help generate additional revenue, perhaps you develop a jinxed kit that the players can't win in!

PS keep up the good work!

Add relevant information which are represented as columns where you can see the text "HERE".

yfx4Aiu.png

I would really appreciate to be able to see information in various different orders. For example:

1) Sort the information by the clubs respective league level

2) Sort the information by the proposed contract status

3) Sort the information by loan length

4) Sort the information by clubs negotiating a contract and contract rejected

5) For the transfer section - Sort information by proposed offer (money offered) etc

more clarity on in-game knocks.

when a player gets a knock during a match and receives treatment from the physio, it would be nice to give us a little indication of what the problem is to help decide whether its worth the risk keeping him on or taking him off. there are occasions when a player gets a knock and you come to the physio report after the game and it turns out he's twisted his knee and is out for 3 weeks. obviously if you were told his at the time, if you still had the option, you're likely to sub him to prevent further complications. other occasions, you'll get a player taking a knock, you take him off as a precaution and it turns out he's stubbed his toe or bruised his elbow, and really could have easily carried on.

You should be able to offer certain players to other clubs for a sum of money and another player. Rather than having to wait until they enquire or offer, I should be able to use their interest to make a potential offer to them.

For instance, say I'm Real Madrid and Man U are sniffing around Bale. Instead of just offering him around all clubs, I could offer him specifically to Man Utd for 30mil + De Gea.

Like when you get new players to your team, you can take a photo of his stats and save it to his profile in some matter, then you can easy find it later to compare with.

If you want to see how attributes are changing, you can see this in a graphical form in the Development tab.

I would love the following features:

- After a certain period of time, once many known players have retired, the game can lose an element of attachment. I would suggest a good feature would

be the generation of famous historic players around the globe that you can go after even local legends spawning at your club etc. At the very least adding the option in the editor

for future player spawning would be a great way to enhance the game!

- I would love the ability to build design stadiums, any additional creativity can really enhance your experience of a club, I appreciate this would be an ambitious step of development

but there have been some very good stadium builders on other games.

-I would also love the ability perhaps after some time at a club to design a new club football strip, this could also be received well or badly by the supporters and linked to generating more/less revenue

but do it too often (new one every season) and fans don't buy as much, get into europe and add a 3rd strip again to help generate additional revenue, perhaps you develop a jinxed kit that the players can't win in!

PS keep up the good work!

I highly doubt any of these features are even going to be considered, never mind included. SI are trying to make the game more and more realistic, and these options are entirely unrealistic for a football manager to be involved in.

You should be able to offer certain players to other clubs for a sum of money and another player. Rather than having to wait until they enquire or offer, I should be able to use their interest to make a potential offer to them.

For instance, say I'm Real Madrid and Man U are sniffing around Bale. Instead of just offering him around all clubs, I could offer him specifically to Man Utd for 30mil + De Gea.

Wouldn't it be the same to just make an offer for De Gea and offering Bale as part of the deal?

The only gap I see is if I think Bale is worth more than De Gea on the open market, I approach Man Utd to say you can have Bale if give me De Gea plus £10m. highly unlikely but an idea that's worth putting in the 'if we have time' box.

1. I would like long term board objectives not just seasonal ones for instance arsenal's board says they want to win the league within 3 years.

2. I would like more information on finances like which countries other then your own brought in the most revenue for merchandise and through out the year which players shirt sells the best not just at the end of the season.

3. I would like clearer and better worded information on TI's, PI's, mentality and fluidity.

4. Lots more options with player and media interactions and better options in specific situations for example player A is moaning about first team football and i am just trying to ease him back into the flow of things after an injury so give me an option to say this please.

5. I want my manager to be able to develop new favorite clubs and favored personnel to.

6. When the board give you the power to choose any affiliate club you can specifically decide what kind of agreement you want between the clubs whether its loan or first option.

Excuse me, why has my post with fair criticisms been deleted? Mod?

I won't be buying next year's game, squarely your fault, unless you explain yourself.

Simple, it didn't belong in the wishlist thread, where ideas/wishes for future versions are suggested.

Also, a word of advice - feedback and even criticism is fine, but keep it constructive.

As HUNT3R has correctly pointed out this thread is for feature ideas to be considered for inclusion in future FM's. Your post, although clearly considered & thought out did not fit that bill.

You are free to start a new thread to offer your considered review of the game, one suggestion however would be to not accuse SI of being complacent. I can confidently say that they far from complacent & if anything the lack of any direct rival creates even more pressure to succeed.

I can confidently say that they far from complacent & if anything the lack of any direct rival creates even more pressure to succeed.

Which I said in the post. For crying out loud. In any case it is an observation, which I believed I would be able to post, particularly since I am not attacking anyone personally.

I apologise for putting it in the wrong place, but why didn't I get an edit or warning about it? Just deleting it out of hand seems totally draconian and not befitting to what I always thought to be a fair and open forum.

I would like to put it in a separate thread but it took me a long time to write. Is there anyway to get it back temporarily so I can transfer and, if I must, edit, or is it gone forever.

I'd also like to say, HUNT3R, that just because you disagree with my observation, does not give you the right to delete it. If it broke the rules, you can, but clearly it did not. We shall see.

I would like to put it in a separate thread but it took me a long time to write. Is there anyway to get it back temporarily so I can transfer and, if I must, edit, or is it gone forever.

I'd also like to say, HUNT3R, that just because you disagree with my observation, does not give you the right to delete it. If it broke the rules, you can, but clearly it did not. We shall see.

PM sent with your deleted post & to be clear we (the mod team) have every right to remove posts, in this case it was because neither post were suggestions for new features which is what this thread is for.

Let's agree to move on rather than derail this thread any further.

I'm lucky enough to have had a "son in the game", (in FM14), however he was pretty pants and as my San Marino, (club and Country), side has gone on from strength to strength, this very average attacking midfielder has often been forced to go out on loan just to get some game-time.

That didn't stop me calling him up for the National Team though, (in fairness there were times in the dim and distant past when he warranted inclusion in the squad on merit), and he amassed 70 Caps and 11 goals, (I'm surprised both of those figures are so high).

What I would have loved, is just once had I been asked a question about his inclusion in the squad, (which was often suspect), on the grounds of he was only in the squad because he was my son.

If CA can be a "trigger" to a media interaction, then I would have thought that CA and (Father/Son) relationship could also trigger soemthing similar. I appreciate it's for a very small number of saves, but it's that fine detail that makes FM.

Going on from that a little, maybe that could also be a trigger in club selection, (maybe it is and I just haven't seen it).

Put simply, an API for the game. It was talked about in the latter days of Football Manager Live (talked to one of the devs about it a couple of months before the eventual death, but the name escapes me), but obviously plans would've been shelved when it turned out that the game wasn't going to last. This is something that probably wouldn't take all that long - relatively speaking of course - but could have so many uses.

I'm not asking to be able to "play" the game in some way on a mobile device, as that would be a whole other story (and one I'm not too interested in personally), just a series of functions that allow you to take the data from your save game and make it available for all kinds of things. I could go into what you could do, but it'd probably bore most. In a game that already boasts a vast amount of community content, having even a basic API would let people take that to the next level.

But then given the print screen option has been broken for many, many versions now, I'm not holding my breath :p

One very common complaint is that there are too many injuries. I believe this is down to semantics. If I walked in to a professional club an hour before kick and was given an accurate break down of the match day squad I am certain that at least 50% of the players would be carrying knocks or niggles in real life. On FM, people see the orange square, assume the player is injured, and don't play him. The status player for a player with a broken leg who is in light training but 2 months away from full training is the same as the status box for player who has a bruised ankle and is 1 day away from full training. A huge number of players will see an orange inj box and think I'll play it safe and go with my back up or a youngster who can do a job in that position - that player has not played for 6 weeks, so is not match fit and picks up an injury. This is the first problem when people complain of too many injuries.

Before I look at my suggestion, lets look at the role of physio. They tell you a player is injured and give you an estimate as to when he will be back again. That's about it. We pay them all this money and do they really do that much?

Here are my proposals.

Split the 'Physio' attribute in to different ratings. Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Injury Analysis. These are fairly self explanatory, but you use these to build a medical team. like coaching you have different areas and can assign physios to each one. That area then gets a star rating. As a small club you might have one physio who covers all 3 areas he might have 10 for prevention Rehab and analysis but as your only physio he can only work at 50% capacity so generates 2 stars in each. You are going through a period where you have no injuries so he rises to 3 stars as he can concentrate on prevention and analysis. Later in the season you have an injury crisis and he is spending so much time in the treatment room his Analysis and Prevention drops to one star.

As a bigger club you might have one Head Physio and two physios. In this situation You would assign each physio a role and he can concentrate on just that job. Or you could leave the decisions to the Head physio who might give you two physios trying to prevent injury as no one is injured. In this way, the medical team would work in the same way as the coaching team and the role of head physio would have a genuine use.

The next aspect is how the medical team provide you with information. Two or 3 days before each match or on request your physio in charge of analysis will give you a run down on your squad and instead of saying player A has an injury and will be fully ft in 2 weeks you will get more relevant information so you can decide how to use the player.

Lets say you have 3 injured players, one has a sore ankle from a knock in training, one has a broken leg, one is in light training after a small calf strain. Your physio would give you details about each player, his injury, the date it occured, how it occured, when he started light training, when he hopes to start full training, advice on whether he can play and finally what might happen if he plays.

Here is my vision of the Medical Teams report.

Player A has a sore ankle, he took a knock in training on Tuesday and had a days light training. In my opinion Player A can play 90 minutes although I would then recommend a days rest from training.

Player B broke his leg 5 months ago in a match. He started light training last week. In my opinion player B should not be considered for selection. If he is selected there could be serious long term damage.

Player C has a slight calf tear a month ago but has just returned to full training. He has not suffered a reaction. In my opinion Player C needs to play at least 60 minutes in an under 21 match before we can consider him, although as a last resort he could possibly play for 20 minutes. There is an increased chance of the player suffering a set back if he does play.

Each report would have an apply advice button next to it.

If you apply the advice for Player A, he will be available for selection and the orange inj box will disappear. If you play him him he is automatically rested for 1 Day training.

If you apply the advice for player B his orange square returns to red and he can not be picked fir the next match.

If you apply the advice for player C he will be set to available for 60 minutes for the next U21 match, he will be available for selection but if you put him in the starting line up the physio will remind you he recommends giving the player no more than 20 minutes. He will also miss the next 1 days training.

Obviously there are a multitude of injuries but basically there will be ones where the player can play and there will be no negative effect, some where he could play but could potentially suffer a setback and finally where playing could be extremely damaging. This gives users more control over who really can and cant play when they have an orange Inj box. For along time, the orange inj box meant the same as a red box and I would NEVER consider the player. I now understand that different injuries have a different chance of recurrence and sometimes I will play an orange inj player if I feel the match warrants it.

At the end of the physios report he would say Players D E F & G haven't played much football lately, if they play today the may tire after an hour. Why dont you make them available for the next U21 match? You can apply this advice and the player will get an orange 60 box next to his name (similar to how players with 45 minute requests work on international duty) when you go to your in match tactics you can quickly see who needs to come off ( I know you can see this from the condition box this is just a little note from the physio)

If players don't want to do this, then the Head physio can control all aspects including making long term injured players slowly build up fitness in the reserves etc.

EDIT: I have just seen that earlier posts have been removed as not being sugestions for new features, I am not sure if this qualifies but any mod that wants to delete it, please move it to a new thread instead if that is possible.

:applause:

btw the post that was removed was a generic moan without any substance or real comment on what could be causing the issues mentioned or any suggestions on improvements, your post on the other hand is an excellent set of suggestions to improve a very simplistic & dated area of the game.

:applause:

btw the post that was remove was a generic moan without any substance post, yours on the other hand is an excellent set of suggestions to improve a very simplistic & dated area of the game.

Thanks,

Thanks for the feedback. I am in 2026 in a save, and every couple of years my head physio gets a new deal and always asks for a few more quid. He's now on a decent wedge after I forgot to remove a promotion clause and got promoted! For what he actually brings to the team I am not sure he is worth it. I usually just find a physio with obscure reputation and high physiotherapy stat and pay him less than a 10th of this guys wage, although this guy has been with me a while now so I'll let him enjoy his paydays for a while yet.

9jEsvMJ.png

Just experienced one of the most thrilling season finales in the second season.

What I would love to see implemented is more changes to player morale and body language throughout the match. I'd like to see the crowd react to live scores and in turn, put pressure on the players.

I played Chelsea away just before this match, and I barely managed to scrape a draw by scoring a very dramatic late equaliser. When I looked at the Chelsea players body language they all seemed normal, despite the fact that we'd just put the league back into our own hands. If the game can correctly identify these types of scenarios and have the players react on the pitch it would be extremely immersive.

Idea: in a tight title race (or relegation), in the last few games of the season perhaps the last 3 or 4, have the game check what result is needed in order to win the league, secure CL qualification, or be safe from relegation and bring up that tension throughout the matches. Player morale, which has a significant effect on performance, should also be affected.

I'd really like to be able to customise my subscriptions for my manager profile, so that the game would remember my settings from time to time. Just like it remembers my attributes on the manager profile and so forth.

I'm changing them every time I start a new save, and it's doing my head in, as I always want the same setup.

better interaction with the press. i'm in 1/2 final of CL against Juventus with my belgium team ( Standard) with only national reputation and they believe both teams are same level and they r not so much impressed i reached this level !! same with my board, not so much compliments ! Come on.

Also IRL alot of transferts are done by the agents of the players who are pressuring the clubs to let the player go. I saw than some of these agents have great respect for me coz i did lot of deals with them. Why not be able to interact directly with? and asking them to help u to buy one player who is too expensive for u?

Also IRL alot of transferts are done by the agents of the players who are pressuring the clubs to let the player go. I saw than some of these agents have great respect for me coz i did lot of deals with them. Why not be able to interact directly with? and asking them to help u to buy one player who is too expensive for u?
If they do not already represent the player then that would have been against FIFA rules, not sure how things will pan out now that FIFA have washed their hands of regulating agents & other player intermediaries. As things stand if you're in a nation that allows third-party ownership of players you can ask a player's agent if they are willing to buy a share in their client to help reduce your transfer outlay.

One very common complaint is that there are too many injuries. I believe this is down to semantics. If I walked in to a professional club an hour before kick and was given an accurate break down of the match day squad I am certain that at least 50% of the players would be carrying knocks or niggles in real life. On FM, people see the orange square, assume the player is injured, and don't play him. The status player for a player with a broken leg who is in light training but 2 months away from full training is the same as the status box for player who has a bruised ankle and is 1 day away from full training. A huge number of players will see an orange inj box and think I'll play it safe and go with my back up or a youngster who can do a job in that position - that player has not played for 6 weeks, so is not match fit and picks up an injury. This is the first problem when people complain of too many injuries.

Before I look at my suggestion, lets look at the role of physio. They tell you a player is injured and give you an estimate as to when he will be back again. That's about it. We pay them all this money and do they really do that much?

Here are my proposals.

Split the 'Physio' attribute in to different ratings. Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Injury Analysis. These are fairly self explanatory, but you use these to build a medical team. like coaching you have different areas and can assign physios to each one. That area then gets a star rating. As a small club you might have one physio who covers all 3 areas he might have 10 for prevention Rehab and analysis but as your only physio he can only work at 50% capacity so generates 2 stars in each. You are going through a period where you have no injuries so he rises to 3 stars as he can concentrate on prevention and analysis. Later in the season you have an injury crisis and he is spending so much time in the treatment room his Analysis and Prevention drops to one star.

As a bigger club you might have one Head Physio and two physios. In this situation You would assign each physio a role and he can concentrate on just that job. Or you could leave the decisions to the Head physio who might give you two physios trying to prevent injury as no one is injured. In this way, the medical team would work in the same way as the coaching team and the role of head physio would have a genuine use.

The next aspect is how the medical team provide you with information. Two or 3 days before each match or on request your physio in charge of analysis will give you a run down on your squad and instead of saying player A has an injury and will be fully ft in 2 weeks you will get more relevant information so you can decide how to use the player.

Lets say you have 3 injured players, one has a sore ankle from a knock in training, one has a broken leg, one is in light training after a small calf strain. Your physio would give you details about each player, his injury, the date it occured, how it occured, when he started light training, when he hopes to start full training, advice on whether he can play and finally what might happen if he plays.

Here is my vision of the Medical Teams report.

Player A has a sore ankle, he took a knock in training on Tuesday and had a days light training. In my opinion Player A can play 90 minutes although I would then recommend a days rest from training.

Player B broke his leg 5 months ago in a match. He started light training last week. In my opinion player B should not be considered for selection. If he is selected there could be serious long term damage.

Player C has a slight calf tear a month ago but has just returned to full training. He has not suffered a reaction. In my opinion Player C needs to play at least 60 minutes in an under 21 match before we can consider him, although as a last resort he could possibly play for 20 minutes. There is an increased chance of the player suffering a set back if he does play.

Each report would have an apply advice button next to it.

If you apply the advice for Player A, he will be available for selection and the orange inj box will disappear. If you play him him he is automatically rested for 1 Day training.

If you apply the advice for player B his orange square returns to red and he can not be picked fir the next match.

If you apply the advice for player C he will be set to available for 60 minutes for the next U21 match, he will be available for selection but if you put him in the starting line up the physio will remind you he recommends giving the player no more than 20 minutes. He will also miss the next 1 days training.

Obviously there are a multitude of injuries but basically there will be ones where the player can play and there will be no negative effect, some where he could play but could potentially suffer a setback and finally where playing could be extremely damaging. This gives users more control over who really can and cant play when they have an orange Inj box. For along time, the orange inj box meant the same as a red box and I would NEVER consider the player. I now understand that different injuries have a different chance of recurrence and sometimes I will play an orange inj player if I feel the match warrants it.

At the end of the physios report he would say Players D E F & G haven't played much football lately, if they play today the may tire after an hour. Why dont you make them available for the next U21 match? You can apply this advice and the player will get an orange 60 box next to his name (similar to how players with 45 minute requests work on international duty) when you go to your in match tactics you can quickly see who needs to come off ( I know you can see this from the condition box this is just a little note from the physio)

If players don't want to do this, then the Head physio can control all aspects including making long term injured players slowly build up fitness in the reserves etc.

I like this very much. It strikes me also that there could be a lot more done with physios. Right now what's really the point in carrying more than one physio? It seems the only real benefit to having a top rated physio is getting more accurate info on how injured a player is and how long he'll be out for--but not during a match.

So I would combine CWR's suggestion with another previously mooted suggestion. Physios should give more accurate info during matches as to how injured a player is and if he can carry on or should come off immediately if not sooner--physio ratings could play into this, but it would have to be done carefully. It's rather aggravating to have to haul a player off due to an apparent major injury only to find out after the match that the player is apparently just fine--or, the converse, what appears to be a very minor knock turns out that the player did both hamstrings and three knee ligaments. I understand this might require a change in the mechanic of how a player injury is generated.

Anyway, IMO, if SI were to introduce these suggestions in some form for FM 16 I think they would win a lot of points. And it might go quite some way to reducing the number of injury complaints on these forums!

It would be too late in the day for such a major change like this to find its way into FM16, fingers crossed the player health & fitness sections wil get a major overhaul sooner rather than later, for me it is one of the main weaknesses in the game. Not because there are too many injuries, before anyone tries to suggest that to be the problem.

It would be too late in the day for such a major change like this to find its way into FM16, fingers crossed the player health & fitness sections wil get a major overhaul sooner rather than later, for me it is one of the main weaknesses in the game. Not because there are too many injuries, before anyone tries to suggest that to be the problem.

Oh, I understand--so here's hoping they've already identified this as something to work on and have been!

Out of interest how & why would that be useful?

In order to increase the clubs respective knowledge of players, users would hire scouts with a good scouting knowledge of multiple countries or hire scouts with good attributes in the following: Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential and Adaptability. Scouts that have dual nationality means that there is a high chance of him having knowledge of two countries which increases the clubs level of knowledge of players and as a result gives users the opportunity to search for players with a slightly larger database. More players is always a good idea. :)

Oh and in this instance it would tell me which nation he is originally from so that I could assign him to scout in that region predominately. For example: I tend to use my scouts to scout for players by scouting from region. Some scouts have knowledge of other nations but it is annoying that I have to keep going back to his/her profile to check his nationally. I suppose people that are really advanced in the game and are playing with so many regens may find that frustrating and have to keep going back to check the guys nationality. Furthermore some scouts lose the knowledge of some countries after they have gained full knowledge. So you know, makes life easier.

That's all covered in the list directly below, it's pretty clear which nations a scout has knowledge of.

Apologies. I should perhaps have been more clear with my answer.

Your are indeed correct that it is pretty clear which nation a scout has knowledge of by looking at the box below. However, scouts do tend to lose knowledge of certain countries when they are assigned another task. Additionally, it is safe to assume scouts do NOT lose the scouting knowledge of the countries which they are originally from.

Take the following scenario into consideration.

I have a scout who is Argentinian and has knowledge from a number of regions. However, I do NOT know where he is from when I click add assignment and see his pretty little face beaming up at me. I am able to see the nations this particular scout has knowledge of. I see him losing knowledge of some nations over time. I then decide the best course of action would be to send him scouting to a region where he is originally based. He still has knowledge of some nations like Egypt, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Indonesia. In order to check which Nation he is originally from I have to click on his profile to check. (That is annoying because you have to reselect all the options in the assignment box again). I then decide scouting South America in order to gather knowledge from the area and keep it. This is the most realistic course of action. Especially if you tend to buy scouts who are from many different parts of the world and as a result have different nationalities. Also, something to take into account is the fact that users cannot get rid of all their scouts when they first join a club for a number of reasons. I am sure you know why. However when you have played a number of seasons and scouts start retiring I tend to sign scouts who have different nationalities and send them off scouting to a region from where they are based. In order to do that, I need to check his nationality.

Trust me. It is very useful. But I understand if you don't have similar opinions or maybe I don't know what I am talking about. LOL. It is useful for me. :)

Now I get it & how it would be useful for the way you do things.

Currently you can create the assignment via the scout's profile page, that way before you select the assignments screen you will see their nationality. Not a perfect match for what you've suggested but it's an alternative. You could also give the scout a nickname that refers to their nationality as another workaround.

Archived