What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I have skipped FM15, and its the first FM I have skipped for years

Looking forward to a less buggy and amazing experience in FM16

1. AI Squad building needs to be looked at and improved immensely

2. 'Smarter' Interaction AI and also interactions with my own players (There was a bug I saw regarding a player being angry because he did not get his promise of first team football fulfilled, and there was 1 day left in the promise, but surely the player knew he started) Just little things like this need to be improved. This area in general needs to be polished

3. Better UI. Needs to feel more 'modern'. Current design is ok, but still needs work. Feels 'Cheap' currently

4. Better AI managers. It feels as if AI manager stats are irrelevant. An amateur manager could take over Real Madrid and win the league. I feel manager stats are irrelevant. Example, if a new manager gets appointed mid season, usually that gives the side a boost.

5. Polished ME. I dont care about animations and such. I just want it to play way better. I understand there is a code happening and the 3D is not an exact representation on what is happening, so I dont care about animations. Its all about less bugs and simply more flow to the engine. Feels 'stuttery' and not realistic at all. Even the 2D pitch looks HORRIBLE in motion and feels slow. Compare it to the 2D ME in CM4, which was the best to date. Felt so smooth and clean. Hope SI can improve the 2D ME immensely . Feels the 2d pitch has been deserted since the 3D has come into the frame. Hope SI can also work on the 2d pitch

6. Just less bugs. A polished game. I will pay premium price for a game I know has been polished. I dont care about new little features like tracksuit manager and such. I know people want major new features to be implemented, but for me it is all about the game improving ITS CORE ELEMENTS. ME, AI SQUAD BUILDING, UI, and PLAYER INTERACTIONS AND MEDIA.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The D.O.F Actually Acknowledges My Decision To Hire My Own Assistant Because It's Annoying When I Hire A Good Assistant Manager Then My D.O.F For Some Reason Thinks He's Being Clever By Hiring A Worse Assistant Manager Replacing The One I Hire Instead Of Cancelling The Offer

If you're leaving a club you've been really successful at or after a very long time, perhaps the Board could ask you for a suggestion for a replacement? I'm think SAF-style.

Also, I'm not even sure if this is already in, but even though I'm often sacked after a board takeover during my not-so-successful games (and sometimes more successful ones), I'm never approached from another club after a takeover. Perhaps that could be added?

Well need to note this before I forget.. the ability to load up a save and choose to switch between Classic and Full. Ive got to like 2020 and dont want to have to start a save again to try classic mode.

It would be good if we could do this. Also the inclusion of actual U21's and U18's. Ive yet to try this years classic mode so that could be in there! This for me was always lacking as I liked the depth of the U21's and U18's..

What Nenad mentioned, although not really a tour as such, the stadium view could be expanded upon so yes you could approach the board to expand, they say yes, you then get notification of completion and you actually see the changes! It was always intriguing on LMA manager being able to have a budget to increase stadium capacity but it brought you closer to the club as a whole. Im not saying we should be able to build, just to be able to see a better representation of the stadium and facilities etc.

I'm not sure about CL environment and sounds because of licensing issues, but yes, something should be done, just for the feeling that you are in finale...not just CL finale but other important tournaments...when I win some trophy, there is no feeling that i won anything, some stuff falling from the sky, players put their hands in the air, and that's it.....i think that the game is now on very good level (except AI squad building) and it's time to put some more details in the game

Absolute, players coming out the tunnel, lining up, doing the handshakes (hate that IRL), national anthem for domestic cup finals, maybe even Abide with Me for FA Cup final, appropriate commentary, and then medals and cup lifting at end of game.

Something I'd like to see is AI managers signing players/staff that they have worked with before.. Redknapp and Krancjar (sp) for example. I know currently you get a question in the press conference if you sign someone from a previous club but that's it from what I've seen..

I know this has probably been asked, but why not?

I have a friend that has no interest at all on watching games and giving instructions to his players. He just likes to watch his team develop. Then, he always goes on holiday before the matches so he doesn't wastes his time. I'm not exactly asking for a chairman role, which would have to add many other features that are not in the game. A director would only take care of transfers, media, manager hiring, player's talk and stuff. Of course, he would have some influence (or not, depending on the manager he hires) on the team's decisions.

I know this has probably been asked, but why not?

I have a friend that has no interest at all on watching games and giving instructions to his players. He just likes to watch his team develop. Then, he always goes on holiday before the matches so he doesn't wastes his time. I'm not exactly asking for a chairman role, which would have to add many other features that are not in the game. A director would only take care of transfers, media, manager hiring, player's talk and stuff. Of course, he would have some influence (or not, depending on the manager he hires) on the team's decisions.

Play FMC or get a skin for the full fat game and use instant results, problem solved.

Most important part of every sport is TRAINING. So it should be possible to have bigger and more detailed control over training, especially now when you can chose

what type of manager you want to be...I don't have any specifically idea, but something should be done....

For every FM player the most exciting thing are regens...so it would be good for clubs to be able to open academies in another countries, like in real life

Please oh please can you include the 'Screenflow' settings in preferences so that they are saved like all the other settings rather than having to be reset and saved every time you start a new game?

I understand the settings won't know what leagues you will load but surely something like a screenflow setting stating 'view all leagues monthly', 'view results on all domestic competitions at end of season' etc. could be set and then only amendments would need to be made when starting a new game rather than setting up the screenflow every single time a new game is started from scratch.

Screenflow for me is vital to easily keep up to date with the footballing world and and the leagues and results but it is such a bore and waste of time setting it up every time especially if you start new games regularly.

I want to be able to search for staff by personalities, or be able to add a column so I can see the personalities of the suggested candidates.

Can we please allocate our stat points after doing a coaching course, because at the moment I hate the allocation it provides. I set myself up at the start of the game to coach tactics, but to keep it realistic I did put points elsewhere (I modeled myself on a coach I like in RL)making myself worse than coaches I can hire, but that's ok 'it was my choice to do that'. I do a coaching course and all the points go into defence coaching, because the game thought my coaching style was defensive. Now the game says my coaching style is technique! I don't know what decides this but it does my head in, especially since I had only coached tactics.

@scott MUFC

I would like to see less complaining about not being transferred when a player asks for it.

upsetting squad harmonies, morale etc, because I have received no bids for a player is a tiny bit unfair, IRL a player that wanted to leave would not kick up a stink because they haven't left because there have been no bids made.

All you do is tell them they have been transfer listed, but there have been no offers and he needs to work at getting a transfer. Works for me.

I would like to create custom training roles of attributes i think are important, instead of choosing like 10 attributes by choosing an individual role or a specific attribute to train, i would like to be able to make my own. An example would be i would like my DC to train Tackling, Positioning, Marking and Jumping Reach only, so i could create that and put all my DC's on it.

This sounds great, I like it.

When searching for scouts on the staff search screen, it really annoys me that I have to constantly check each individuals profile in order to check the persons scouting knowledge (how many countries does the person in question has knowledge of). I would prefer to be able to check staff's scouting knowledge similarly to the way we can quickly check their attributes quickly. Either by having scouting knowledge included in the box below the attributes or by having scouting knowledge added as an option to include in the various columns settings. The way it could work is by having the name "scouting knowledge" and when we scroll to any icon assigned to the scouting knowledge we get a box appearing similarly to the way the "i" (information) acts. Although, I would prefer the scouting knowledge be added just below the attributes.

For example:

I70Ior8.png

I'm sure years ago, going back to the old CM days, when you started a new game the attributes of the (same) players would vary slightly from save to save. I'd quite like this to be re-introduced because that way you can't just go looking for players who were good for you in previous games.

Randomly generated personalities for newgen staff. Currently all their personality attributes are set to 10, making them bland and, to me, uninteresting to sign. It feels more like they're placeholders than an actual part of the game.

I remember there was an issue with this for players on FM12 which was sorted in a hot-fix, and although staff personalities aren't as important as player personalities, it would be nice to see this implemented.

I'm sure years ago, going back to the old CM days, when you started a new game the attributes of the (same) players would vary slightly from save to save. I'd quite like this to be re-introduced because that way you can't just go looking for players who were good for you in previous games.

That will never happen and I wouldn't want it to. Players are given their CA's and PA's for a reason. Many hours of scouting is put in.

That will never happen and I wouldn't want it to. Players are given their CA's and PA's for a reason. Many hours of scouting is put in.

It might sound like a radical idea, but it's not really. What I'd suggest would be that when a (real life) player is generated in the game his stats for each attribute could start between two set numbers. For example - passing 12 - 17. So when you load up one game that players passing stat may be 13. Then the next game it may be 12, then 15 and so on. The differences could be balanced against his other stats, which would keep his CA and PA at the right levels. So he's not losing out there.

I agree it's unlikely to be implemented. But it's something I'd like to see because I think it could really add a challenge to the tactical side of the game.

Except it does happen. If a player has no attributes in the DB, they're generated at game start from the CA, and as far as I know these can vary. Of course, that won't be true for the more famous players, as they'll all have attributes set, but if someone really wanted to they could make it happen using the editor.

Having said that, as a way of stopping you just looking at the same players every save, it pales in comparison to, you know, just not signing those players.

I like to sign non-playing staff with a connection to the club. Would like to be able to search for ex players, ex staff or someone who's dad was a former player. Eg managing united it's easy to find scholes, Yorke ect but less obvious to find sheringham as he doesn't list the club as his favourite

Having said that, as a way of stopping you just looking at the same players every save, it pales in comparison to, you know, just not signing those players.

That's true! I always start at teams with no money so rely very much on free transfers. And I know in previous versions of FM when I'd search for a new player (on a free), the same players would invariably show from save to save. So the pool of players I could (realistically) choose from tended to be quite small. I think the current scouting system really opens things up now and helps to move away from this.

One thing that could benefit the game further could be even stricter attribute masking to re-inforce the scouting system.

New Role!

The Libero and Sweeper in FM don't work properly, but they are redundant in the modern game anyway. What I'd like is a DC who can be instructed to (or who, by default) carries the ball through the DM line and up to MC and maybe even beyond - effectively a Libero from the DC slots.

EDIT - Call it the Playmaker Centre Back, and instil the usual ball attracting nature of Playmaker Roles. It's long been clear that FM struggles with building play out patiently from the back, and I wonder if this would help.....

New Role!

The Libero and Sweeper in FM don't work properly, but they are redundant in the modern game anyway. What I'd like is a DC who can be instructed to (or who, by default) carries the ball through the DM line and up to MC and maybe even beyond - effectively a Libero from the DC slots.

EDIT - Call it the Playmaker Centre Back, and instil the usual ball attracting nature of Playmaker Roles. It's long been clear that FM struggles with building play out patiently from the back, and I wonder if this would help.....

I want this so much! A CB that can bomb forward and cause overloads.

Also, I'd love a true attacking threat from DM. A DM(a), or even a Roaming Playmaker(a) role that'll be more aggressive in possession.

A drawing board for tactics, so we don't have to disrupt the tactical knowledge of any of the match tactics when trying to make new ones.

More dynamic personalities. For instance giving pressure somewhat of the same treatment as bravery where it for some players might increase or decrease slightly during their careers. It's not unheard of that some people grow more confident and learn to better believe in themselves, and vice versa.

A tactical grid that shows both your with ball and without ball situations. The default tactical grid should just show you where your players will defend the ball, i.e. their starting zone, and another tactical grid that flips to show when you have the ball and how far forward from their starting positions they will be based on their roles. Apart from these no other information should be revealed.

I've already made one for myself and I reckon it should be a simple matter of just translating what we see from the 2D screen directly onto the tac grid. This however should be a static representation.

I'd like to see an option, when talking to players whinging about lack of playing time, of being able to say something like " if you don't like what you're getting, then submit a Transfer Request. Now stop whinging and get out of my sight!"

A tactical grid that shows both your with ball and without ball situations. The default tactical grid should just show you where your players will defend the ball, i.e. their starting zone, and another tactical grid that flips to show when you have the ball and how far forward from their starting positions they will be based on their roles. Apart from these no other information should be revealed.

I've already made one for myself and I reckon it should be a simple matter of just translating what we see from the 2D screen directly onto the tac grid. This however should be a static representation.

You could even represent it with *gasp* arrows! Now that'd be a totally revolutionary idea wouldn't it...

Interface. It would be nice to have support for dual monitors. The way I picture it is that you can have two screens at the same time, so squad on one monitor and training on another. I'd think this would be particularly useful in matches where you can have all the stats and information on one screen and the match on another. I'm not quite sure how the interface would work though.

Statistics/Match view. I would like to be able to see all situations in game. So when I'm analysing the match I can see all clear cut chances which either me or my opponent made. It could also show all of a player's involvement so you can see why the player missed that chance or this pass.

Job offers. It should be possible to go via your agent to hear if another club would consider hiring you as a manager before formally applying. This would have less of a detrimental effect to your current position. It could also happen the other way around where a club might ask if you'd be willing to consider moving to their team before offering an interview. This offer could be made before they have even sacked their current manager so they have the backup ready as soon as they sack their current one (As in the case with Poyet - Advocaat at Sunderland)

- Make it less of a baby sitting simulator. Adding in the playing time complaints made this a lot worse, not better. This all need serious toning back.

- Tactics with and without the ball.

Only thing I want SI to concentrate on for FM16 is the ME, nothing else.

No more UI changes, no more fancy this that or the other just stop tweaking with the bloody ME and spend all your spare time getting that part of it right, without it it's a waste of a game and there's no enjoyment.

I want this so much! A CB that can bomb forward and cause overloads.

Also, I'd love a true attacking threat from DM. A DM(a), or even a Roaming Playmaker(a) role that'll be more aggressive in possession.

Is that not what a Regista is, a roving playmaker from the DM position, I have my DM set as this and works very well for me, popping up in the box scoring goals etc.

New Role!

I like the sound of this. Skipped FM15 this season as the ME still lacking these small tweaks that would make it so much more realistic.

ME needs to become way more fluid. ATM, the ME feels rigid along with the tactical options which essentially leaves us managers with our hands tied in terms of the control we have in making our players do exactly what we want them to do. I would like the ME to become more random if that makes sense. Currently, it feels to pre determined, or fixed on a set of concrete fundamentals, i.e Morale, Ratings (player skills) Does form play a difference? Does ambition play a role? Along with a whole heaps of other fundamentals. Hard to explain, but I would like to see in future versions, the game become more flexible and what we can do, and ofcourse what the AI can do.

Skipping FM15 because I love FM14 and the ME in the current game isnt what I expected so I wont be giving my money away to SI this season, but am hopeful FM16 can improve in many areas including AI Squad development

Team stats page. Should refer to our formations, perhaps in addition, with the name of our tactic. I have a 3322, and a 352. Very different ways of playing but are both referred to as 352 so the stats become less relevant.

I'd like the Sweeper Keeper role to be overhauled and improved.

I'd like the option for your U21 and U18 teams to use the same tactic as the first team to actually work.

To have a player automatically cover an important position should someone go off with a knock.. Too many times my central defender will get taken off, leaving a huge gap in the back line and I concede. I'd like someone to automatically fill that role for a short period of time.

I'd like to be able to act on my players diving. As far as I'm aware there's no way of encouraging players not to (or to encourage them to on the other side of the coin, if you're that way inclined) dive, so I'd at least like an option to publicly crucify and fine the player for doing so if I so wish. If one of my players gets two yellows in an important Champions League match for diving, I want to be able to go through him.

Archived