FM24

Kloppy

36 minutes ago, dafuge said:

Indeed.

Check the person I quoted though, they were misreading it as if only games started after pre-purchasing could be carried over from FM23.

Yeah, for some reason multiquoting on my phone doesn’t work properly.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

- Improved player targets (overall DOF improvements) will be big. The current implementation of how your DOF works is so limiting compared to how AI teams do transfers, so hopefully that's one area addressed in FM24. 

image.png.5a37a3eaaa6525a608e5e3e7dc252852.png

Seeing as it’s tied with Interaction Logic, my guess is it’s giving individual targets to players. Like outside of bonuses, so you might be able to say, I want you to score 15 goals this season, or more assists than last year etc. All guesswork at this point but wait and see

I love this place so much. The announcement phase, pure joy, oh my god they've finally done it. The Beta countdown then its out! Everyone hammering it damn this is incredible what a game finally! The release, new patch, why did they change everything it was perfect. Several months later, the dawning realisation they've been sold the same game.

And the cycle continues love ya all.

Lads, remind me. The Authorised resellers are for 10% discount, but also for Beta? 

The official post states that "...Pre orders through steam or the epic store..." will get beta access, so pre order from any reputable reseller that processes through Steam? Or do they need to be on the reseller list too?

15 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Seeing as it’s tied with Interaction Logic, my guess is it’s giving individual targets to players. Like outside of bonuses, so you might be able to say, I want you to score 15 goals this season, or more assists than last year etc. All guesswork at this point but wait and see

Ahhhh that would make sense, if it's like how you say I'd be very keen on that. Something along those lines exists already when you have a player asking for a new contract and you counter with telling them to improve their game first, would be cool to see it expanded upon.

12 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Lads, remind me. The Authorised resellers are for 10% discount, but also for Beta? 

The official post states that "...Pre orders through steam or the epic store..." will get beta access, so pre order from any reputable reseller that processes through Steam? Or do they need to be on the reseller list too?

Looks like it’s both. Not every retailer got early access last year, ShopTo had the best deal for 22, but no Beta in 23. But yeah looks like the approved retailers get 10% off AND early access on a date we will determine through science and GIFs very soon.

3 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Ahhhh that would make sense, if it's like how you say I'd be very keen on that. Something along those lines exists already when you have a player asking for a new contract and you counter with telling them to improve their game first, would be cool to see it expanded upon.

Yeah, or when a player asks for more playing time, would be good if you can say, “OK, but you need an average rating of at least 7.2 to stay in the first team”

21 minutes ago, Kloppy said:

Does anyone know the good websites that get you beta access with pre-order? 

€46.73 is what i have so far off Fanatical with an ILLOJU code

£29.99 at CD Keys. Have emailed to see whether Beta access is included, however, iam wary of this tbh. Used them before with no issues however, albeit NOT for FM

9 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Looks like it’s both. Not every retailer got early access last year, ShopTo had the best deal for 22, but no Beta in 23. But yeah looks like the approved retailers get 10% off AND early access on a date we will determine through science and GIFs very soon.

I Cannae wait! :hammer:

Edited by KillYourIdols

17 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

£29.99 at CD Keys. Have emailed to see whether Beta access is included, however, iam wary of this tbh. Used them before with no issues however, albeit NOT for FM

Went with finatical.

Tried all of the YouTubers and price was same. Also used them last year and got good service. 46 euro tad expensive but give me early access and I’m happy

il y a 15 minutes, phnompenhandy a dit :

Didn't quite catch the connection between FM24 and Netflix, but I expect to see it in the next series of Black Mirror.

you have some games include in your netflix subscription, FM  mobile gonna be one of them 

Edited by CaptainPanty

2 hours ago, dafuge said:

Indeed.

Check the person I quoted though, they were misreading it as if only games started after pre-purchasing could be carried over from FM23.

Wow, a blast from the past @dafuge - you won't remember me but I remember your epic threads many many years ago!

3 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I think so, and each target should have a reward (e.g., changing the player's playing time to 'Regular Starter') when it's met.

1 hour ago, talhak said:

No changes/improvements to international management again? We have a EUROS next summer.. The reason not much people are managing national teams in FM is because it is lacking many things, which i have listed in the Feature Requests section a few months ago (which got reviewed by SI with positive feedback). Hopefully im wrong, and if not then i sure hope someone at FM HQ will finally give international management some love it deserves for FM 2025, sigh.

They made a big mistake talking about FM25 . From what I see here isn't that exciting . Troll through many sentences of what consoles it's coming out on all I got is the save game , which we already knew , set pieces which might be ok and thats really it . Should of left FM24 and just moved on to FM25 . 

I have read in a few places that you will now be able to continue career saves from FM23 in FM24. If this is true, I’m genuinely buzzing about this. How many times in the past I have an incredible save going, young players who have really kicked on in the game, only to stop playing the game in September as you know the next addition is around the corner. You buy the new game and have to start all over again, losing everything you worked so hard to achieve! 

The only thing that frustrates me is the fact that I have to spend so long messing around with finding “face packs” and “logo packs” and “name fixes”, almost to the point where I give up because I end up spending more time doing this than actually playing the game! Can someone confirm, will this change? Why do I have to buy a game as well known as this, only to find that player faces are not there, all club logos and kits are “fake” and even some club names are made up?? I know there are ways around this but it seems like such a headache every year and even then, near to impossible to get it spot on, with certain logos / faces not in the packs, packs not working correctly etc - it’s always such an effort to get right!

14 minutes ago, leedsfanatic14 said:

The only thing that frustrates me is the fact that I have to spend so long messing around with finding “face packs” and “logo packs” and “name fixes”, almost to the point where I give up because I end up spending more time doing this than actually playing the game! Can someone confirm, will this change? Why do I have to buy a game as well known as this, only to find that player faces are not there, all club logos and kits are “fake” and even some club names are made up?? I know there are ways around this but it seems like such a headache every year and even then, near to impossible to get it spot on, with certain logos / faces not in the packs, packs not working correctly etc - it’s always such an effort to get right!

Licencing is the reason, 

1 hour ago, leedsfanatic14 said:

FYI you don't have to do that every year. You can copy/paste your FM23 graphics folder into the FM24 folder. You could also just rename the FM23 folder in your documents to FM24 to even save time copy/pasting. I haven't downloaded faces, logs or kits since maybe FM19. Players faces don't change much each year so it's not necessary to always have the most up to date one. The vast majority of clubs don't change logos, and those that do usually do a downgrade so you're arguably better off with the older one anyway. The only thing that won't really be up to date is kits, but still it's not a huge issue and you can still download the new ones to replace your old ones if you want, just quite easy to avoid having to download anything extra if you've already done it once though.

Same is usually true for name fixes. Personally I use my own because I want my own naming standards which differ from official names (specifically, city names are mandatory for all teams, so London Arsenal etc.), but that takes no time at all to transfer the name file for the previous version over to the new one.

It's also something that will never change. SI will never get the rights to all players/clubs. It just isn't financially worthwhile to do so, not to mention some have exclusive licensing agreements with other companies.

Edited by rusty217

1 hour ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Does anyone know if European licenses will still be in FM24 please? Thanks

That's very likely. On the picture of Grealish's attributes (first page of this thread) you can see in the yellow cards section 'UEFA Champions League'. Things could obviously always change, of course, but personally I don't think it will in this case.

Currently on mobile, so can't directly show you.

1 hour ago, Zek said:

That's very likely. On the picture of Grealish's attributes (first page of this thread) you can see in the yellow cards section 'UEFA Champions League'. Things could obviously always change, of course, but personally I don't think it will in this case.

Yeah you're absolutely right, did not notice that! Cheers bro.

14 hours ago, KillYourIdols said:

Cd Keys not give you beta release but give the access to the game at the same day as the game’s official release in this case at nov 6th . Not earlier .

1 hour ago, Zek said:

Things can obviously change. IIRC, they had the correct german national team in FM21 or FM20 in the first version that came out, but that got patched out soon after due to the usual licensing issues...

2 hours ago, Carambau said:

Things can obviously change. IIRC, they had the correct german national team in FM21 or FM20 in the first version that came out, but that got patched out soon after due to the usual licensing issues...

Right, I had already forgotten about that. I think that was FM19, the first year the German leagues were licenced. Maybe SI thought the national team was included too, but had to patch it when it turned out it wasn't. The latter is just speculation on my part, however.

Edited by Zek

11 hours ago, FourFiveOne said:

No changes/improvements to international management again? We have a EUROS next summer.. The reason not much people are managing national teams in FM is because it is lacking many things, which i have listed in the Feature Requests section a few months ago (which got reviewed by SI with positive feedback). Hopefully im wrong, and if not then i sure hope someone at FM HQ will finally give international management some love it deserves for FM 2025, sigh.

What improvements would you like? 

7 hours ago, oche balboa said:

What improvements would you like? 

For me, and I don’t speak for everyone, but training during tournaments would help to manage fitness and condition if nothing else. And the option to assign squad numbers for each international break. I know some countries like England always play 1-11 during qualifiers, but others, like Ukraine for example, do not.

Edited by gunner86

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

For me, and I don’t speak for everyone, but training during tournaments would help to manage fitness and condition of nothing else. And the option to assign squad numbers for each international break. I know some countries like England always play 1-11 during qualifiers, but others, like Ukraine for example, do not.

training is the big one for international management. players fitness levels are hammered if you play a world cup or tournament so it makes it unmanageable. 

56 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

Really hope the Youth development bug on FM23 is fixed for FM24. 

The last few 23 updates defo improved the problem. The AI was actually playing players under 25. Still needs a few more tweaks though I think. I just hope they build upon the progress they made in those last 23 updates. I will be disappointed if they haven't done anything more to it though. 

Will AI managers be able to properly utilise more of their other pref formations? 

In FM 23 they passionately stick to their main formation no matter the coach..

FM must be able to make some AI managers distinguish more than other on how tactically flexible they are ( using more than 1 formation in a season )

On 12/09/2023 at 15:05, Kloppy said:

Is this not meant to be a “love letter to football”??

for me a love letter to the beautiful game should include beautiful matches. I hope this wasn’t a throw away remark and references a ME which gives us the variety and expanse of action football at its best can provide. Risky promise to make….

11 minutes ago, SimonHoddle said:

Is this not meant to be a “love letter to football”??

for me a love letter to the beautiful game should include beautiful matches. I hope this wasn’t a throw away remark and references a ME which gives us the variety and expanse of action football at its best can provide. Risky promise to make….

They already said this is coming in fm 25

17 hours ago, FourFiveOne said:

I rail hard against SI for poor Implemented features and lacklustre releases but the fact they haven’t revamped international management is down to the fact international management is a classic sounds good at first but when you think about it, it would suck

• squad building is at its most stripped because transfers don’t exist. Your squad will stay relatively the same each year as international squads don’t have huge upheavals.
  • no development of players - training is only there to bed tactics and that’s it
  • you play like 15 games max a year and that’s in a tournament year. What are you going to do in between friendlies and qualifiers ? A whole lot of simulating
  • if you care about the tactical side, that’s FM at its core not international management specific. Can’t properly test out tactics as there’s so little games you play in a year 

Genuinely , it would suck. people have gone I want it and really don’t know what they want. I have never heard someone put a good idea forward on how to make it work and make it interesting within the same platform (I.e has to be part of the main game and not it’s own thing)

edit - read through your requests. They are basically all new press conference type dialog options. The novelty of it would wear thin quickly.  E.g. the whole set up training that would frustrate club managers. If you hate the conversations you have with managers who you loaned players with about game time, you’ll hate this. 

Not trying to **** on your ideas. You clearly spent a lot of time on it but think about some of your ideas 

point 2 - different training would spice things up but the whole club managers getting frustrated is just more player interaction stuff. The whole learning a new position wouldn’t work. Why would learn a new position internationally faster than at club level. You only play max 15 games 

point 3,4,5 ,6 -more dialog stuff;

my argument will be the level of resources it requires for such little gain when there is so much to improve / bug fixes in the general game most zero sense.

Edited by aj6658