FM24

Kloppy

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

In the past, they have had 2 versions, one with and one without. Still a bit dicey though if they’re not on the list.

Yeah, there is 2 versions. I'm gonna hold out for a few weeks and see what prices more reputable sites come out with. To be fair,  for the entertainment to pound ratio, I'll pay full steam price if I have any concerns.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Yeah, there is 2 versions. I'm gonna hold out for a few weeks and see what prices more reputable sites come out with. To be fair,  for the entertainment to pound ratio, I'll pay full steam price if I have any concerns.

Yeah, that’s what I ended up doing last year after ShopTo lost the Beta

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

Yeah, that’s what I ended up doing last year after ShopTo lost the Beta

i Bought a copy of FM24 off Fanatical with the discount code ZIMSMULA for £35.05 the sites approved partner with SEGA and comes with fm24 beta access and got the key code within seconds once i bought it to activate in steam

4 minutes ago, Jay25H said:

i Bought a copy of FM24 off Fanatical with the discount code ZIMSMULA for £35.05 the sites approved partner with SEGA and comes with fm24 beta access and got the key code within seconds once i bought it to activate in steam

Good to know. Cheers mate.

30 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

What warming issue?

I've got an M1 Macbook Air and it does get a bit hot but it's an intense game

Have seen plenty of complaints from people about the heat. I would say every now and again it gets hot, but nothing that makes me worry. Normally its only after a long long session or when I have left it on for day and night to hoilday test a custom db etc. 

Its really the trade off though of having no fan. The way they cool down is to spread the heat within. I don't think a lot of people understand that. 

6 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

Have seen plenty of complaints from people about the heat. I would say every now and again it gets hot, but nothing that makes me worry. Normally its only after a long long session or when I have left it on for day and night to hoilday test a custom db etc. 

Its really the trade off though of having no fan. The way they cool down is to spread the heat within. I don't think a lot of people understand that. 

Exactly.  We aren't talking gaming laptops with jet engine fans here.  Any passively cooled system will struggle under intense processor use.

I'm more than happy with the trade off of all day battery life and silence for a bit of heat tbh

4 minutes ago, kombinat13 said:

i heard that unity is charging the developer 0,20 cent per install starting next year .. is SI still going with unity for the fm25? 

I would assume SI are too far down the line to change course from Unity for FM25.  Either way, they've released no statement to address it currently and until they do we'll have no idea what SI's position on it is.

The backlash against Unity has been significant though and this has been an absolute PR disaster for them, so whether Unity persist with this change in pricing remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, kombinat13 said:

i heard that unity is charging the developer 0,20 cent per install starting next year .. is SI still going with unity for the fm25? 

Given that they’ll already pre pretty far down the development road for FM25, a change away from unity.

Theres already a discussion for that topic here

3 hours ago, DarJ said:

You can still play it on pc if you have a game pass subscription 

Bear with me - as I don't know anything about this game pass thing. I've always just played on PC and therefore for the last many years via Steam. But as far as I understand from the release statement - and this is where I might be wrong as it's somewhat greek to me (I don't even understand if the full game on PC/Steam differs from FM24 Mobile/FM24 Console or if it's solely a matter of which platform you're playing on) - but again, as far as I read the release statement I understand that FM24 Touch is ONLY available via Nintendo Twitch (which I know NOTHING of)?

Also, if I'm wrong in the respect that Touch is only on Nintendo and it is indeed released in other ways (eg. via Xbox game pass for PC?) then my question is - how does that work? Do you need an Xbox (I suppose not) and does anyone know how much it is if you only wanna play that one game (the price I see is around EUR 15/month, but have no idea what that includes)? And again - to me this is only relevant if the Touch version would be available that way - otherwise I'd just as well play the full game via Steam (as I unfortunately don't think I will be doing).

Appreciate any help :-)

J-League is in the upcoming game? Well, unless the set piece overhaul is so minor I get angry, I'll buy my first FM since 21. I do hope the set pieces will be player-oriented instead of focusing on the position in a formation- that's the kind of overhaul set pieces have needed.

1 hour ago, edved said:

Bear with me - as I don't know anything about this game pass thing. I've always just played on PC and therefore for the last many years via Steam. But as far as I understand from the release statement - and this is where I might be wrong as it's somewhat greek to me (I don't even understand if the full game on PC/Steam differs from FM24 Mobile/FM24 Console or if it's solely a matter of which platform you're playing on) - but again, as far as I read the release statement I understand that FM24 Touch is ONLY available via Nintendo Twitch (which I know NOTHING of)?

Also, if I'm wrong in the respect that Touch is only on Nintendo and it is indeed released in other ways (eg. via Xbox game pass for PC?) then my question is - how does that work? Do you need an Xbox (I suppose not) and does anyone know how much it is if you only wanna play that one game (the price I see is around EUR 15/month, but have no idea what that includes)? And again - to me this is only relevant if the Touch version would be available that way - otherwise I'd just as well play the full game via Steam (as I unfortunately don't think I will be doing).

Appreciate any help :-)

The console edition of the game is based on Touch and the console edition is playable on PC through Game Pass.

8 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

The console edition of the game is based on Touch and the console edition is playable on PC through Game Pass.

Ok, interesting - beginning to sound like that might actually be worth a shot. Does anyone have any experience with this? Besides the price if only playing that one game which I obviously need to look into, then does anyone knows if the game is set up in a similar way to Steam, ie. where folders are created locally on the PC and you're able to update club/competition names and add pictures and stuff like that. As mentioned, the most important thing to me is players being updated and at the right clubs, which obviously include clubsand competitions having the correct names :-D

Edited by edved
added questions

2 hours ago, Bunkerossian said:

J-League is in the upcoming game? Well, unless the set piece overhaul is so minor I get angry, I'll buy my first FM since 21. I do hope the set pieces will be player-oriented instead of focusing on the position in a formation- that's the kind of overhaul set pieces have needed.

At this point J-League still isn’t confirmed. People have (reasonably) made the assumption it’s coming, but the post only mentions being sold in Japan and supporting Japanese.

Not sure what the state of Konami’s exclusivity is.

Seems like a much better feature set this year and much more progress than FM23. Save game compatibility from one version to another in itself is such a ground breaking change that I think it could stand on its own right. Credit where credit is due to SI.

Edited by HighFlyingDwarf

On 14/09/2023 at 18:45, KillYourIdols said:

On 14/09/2023 at 18:52, gunner86 said:

In the past, they have had 2 versions, one with and one without. Still a bit dicey though if they’re not on the list.

yes I saw this deal too. FM Blog website are offering the same deal through their website through CD Keys and it clearly states it will have early Beta access, even though it does not feature on the 'approved' list of retailers on the announcement post. We definitely could do with some clarification on this as I made the mistake of buying it cheaply through Shopto last year but had to get a refund as it was pulled from the list of retailers offering early access. In the end I bought it from Fanatical.

Sounds like selling and buying players is now going to be via intermediates and agents... with the interaction system already pretty awful and frustrating I hope I'm reading this wrong, rather than just simply offering a player out or enquiring.

When will we learn not everything has to be true to life. When I offer out a player if I really wanted to I can have a narrative in my mind that I wasn't sending a fax....rather than adding more time consuming, prone to break elements into the game. 

Edited by Domoboy23

26 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Sounds like selling and buying players is now going to be via intermediates and agents... with the interaction system already pretty awful and frustrating I hope I'm reading this wrong, rather than just simply offering a player out or enquiring.

When will we learn not everything has to be true to life. When I offer out a player if I really wanted to I can have a narrative in my mind that I wasn't sending a fax....rather than adding more time consuming, prone to break elements into the game. 

That area of the game needs a change IMO. Since they brought in the ability to offer players to other clubs, how many times has an AI run club offered you a player?

We’ll find out in a few days how it’s going to work in more detail, but Miles made it sound (to me at least) that this was a different way to operate, and not all transfers would be done in this way.

On 15/09/2023 at 19:19, srvngrc said:

Please fix warming issue on ARM based Macbooks. 

Not happening anytime soon, laptops will always  run hot playing games unless they are specifically high end gaming laptops. I had one of those a few years back and it ran hot eventually. It’s just how laptops are designed to dissipate heat. 

19 minutes ago, Razal said:

Any idea when todays feature news are supposed to come out?

Technically. It says this week. Still hoping for today, even if it’s just 1 of the two, but wouldn’t be surprised by a Tuesday/Thursday drop

On 15.09.2023 at 15:42, Brother Ben said:

What warming issue?

I've got an M1 Macbook Air and it does get a bit hot but it's an intense game

It's getting nearly 100 celcius. That's not normal. It's not running that hot even while running more intense apps. I tried to reduce graphic settings. Even tried low graphics but nothing has changed. I think it's because of retina display's 2x resolution.

@Rashidi

Edited by srvngrc

On 14/09/2023 at 11:54, rusty217 said:

Yep! Pretty sure that's what I did for FM23. Just renamed my FM22 folder. Copy/pasting it the time before that took an awful long time due to the sheer size of the file. Just renaming it is pretty much instant though!

That's because you copy and pasted instead of cut and pasted. If you are copying you are making a copy of all the files which will take a long time and is unnecessary as you have duplicate files

2 saat önce, DarJ said:

I've never owned a MacBook but that is pretty normal for a laptop. the steam deck for example can go up to 105 Celsius 

8 core GPU M1s run at 70-75 celsius with recommended graphic settings (medium-high). But 7 core GPU M1s (same chipset and CPU, same RAM) run nearly 100 celsius with low settings. That's an obvious optimisation issue. We need a fix.

27 minutes ago, grade said:

It should have been yesterday, according to the road map, but I guess something got delayed.

I was thinking the same then I went back to look at it and says week commencing from 18th. So it's definitely sometime this week but it didn't specifically say the 18th

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I was thinking the same then I went back to look at it and says week commencing from 18th. So it's definitely sometime this week but it didn't specifically say the 18th

So it does. Miss that. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. ;)