FM24

Kloppy

14 hours ago, jcafcwbb said:

As someone who supports a team who, for the last decade, has played in the EFL1 and EFL2 I can tell you the board will sell a player when the offer is deemed acceptable without asking the manager. In fact if the game is completely realistic you would flick over to a new day and find your star player has been sold anfd you have to sort out the replacement. 

It’ll vary by club. Liverpool may sell Salah to the Saudi’s whether Klopp likes it or not but you’d expect he’d be completely kept up to date with developments and decisions. 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 saat önce, Brother Ben said:

Yeah I've got the base model too.  It does get pretty toasty and stutters after a while if I have it on extended highlights and there's a lot of them.

I tend to use key highlights mostly which helps and I don't run quite as many leagues as yourself.  I would imagine the results of the other leagues is also being calculated in the background whilst you're playing your game which may put extra pressure on.

Like I said I don't see it as a massive problem, mainly due to my expectations from a passively cooled system but I do hope like yourself that they can fine tune it for FM24 and beyond

Could you please monitor temperature during the match and share it? And which graphic settings do you use?

19 minutes ago, Emozil said:

Is this confirmed? I'd already booked the Monday off work. That's annoying!

Yes here:

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-feature-rollout-and-new-partnerships

• FM24 (Steam/Epic/Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass for PC) – from 4pm GMT
  • Football Manager 2024 Console (Microsoft Store, PlayStation Store, Xbox Game Pass) – from 4pm GMT 
  • Football Manager 2024 Touch (Nintendo eShop) – from 4pm GMT
  • Football Manager 2024 Mobile (iOS/Android via Netflix) – more on that later

7 hours ago, srvngrc said:

Could you please monitor temperature during the match and share it? And which graphic settings do you use?

I use High settings with the crowd and shadows turned down. I'll give you exact temps when I'm at my laptop.  Its worth mentioning though that I'm currently playing FM22 which doesn't run natively but I will test FM23 too

14 saat önce, Brother Ben said:

I use High settings with the crowd and shadows turned down. I'll give you exact temps when I'm at my laptop.  Its worth mentioning though that I'm currently playing FM22 which doesn't run natively but I will test FM23 too

I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for your interest. 

I'm not excited. Since they announced a massive revamp for FM25, I doubt they will be spending much time and resources on FM24.

I agree with Loki Doki on his preview video: "Let's see if SI can deliver on these promises."

1 hour ago, phd_angel said:

I'm not excited. Since they announced a massive revamp for FM25, I doubt they will be spending much time and resources on FM24.

I agree with Loki Doki on his preview video: "Let's see if SI can deliver on these promises."

There's undoubtedly going to be quirks for some of these as they're new concepts. 24 might not get the attention from a match engine perspective but I think if we all take the time to report bugs or things that we think will improve the features they're introducing then 25/26/27 will be significantly better for it. 

3 hours ago, phd_angel said:

I think its quite the opposite . FM25 is going to be new and very experimental with probably an overload of bugs to iron out . They made a mistake  releasing infomation about it too . They should of waited until the New Year before even mentioning it . Its completly taken a lot of focus on FM24 . I will purchase FM24 but FM25 is really going to have issues beyond what we are generally use to . Now with UNITY causing issues amoung its customers with pricing and having to be online while playing its really going to be a wait and see ? FM24 will be the ultimate of the last 20 years so they will be going full boar on features that will carry over into FM25

6 hours ago, phd_angel said:

They said early on in the “future of FM” blog, they want FM24 to be the best it can be in its current guise. A lot of these features were held back so have had an extra year of development too, so I expect the new features to be better integrated than previous ones.

8 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Idk if it's only me, but we're not even half-way through the feature announcements, and I already feel there's more stuff that will change the game and how you play it in FM24, than there was in FM23.

3 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

I thought FIFA agents as of last month under the new regulations were capped at 5% of commission? The screenshots from the feature revealed seem to have 8, 10% etc 

SI said in their post that it will be capped to 10%

These “features” (for me it remains upgrades) sounds good on paper. Let us see how it will perform when the game is released.

That said, can’t help feeling we are jumping more hoops, to do stuff in game.

For me the new feature is the official Japan league.

21 minutes ago, grade said:

These “features” (for me it remains upgrades) sounds good on paper. Let us see how it will perform when the game is released.

That said, can’t help feeling we are jumping more hoops, to do stuff in game.

For me the new feature is the official Japan league.

Depends what you want from the game. Familiarity, realism etc. The new features around transfers are no doubt more realistic and true to how things happen in real life. Intermediaries and agents will be working on deals for clubs all the time. But in reality I suspect managers at most clubs will have absolutely minimum involvements in transfer dealings. I suspect real life is more like define the transfer strategy, discuss the priorities for recruitment and outgoings and then the Director of Football or CEO or whoever get involved and it disappears from the manager's plate. There's no way managers in real life have the involvement in negotiations with clubs and contracts with players as happens on the game.

These features seem like one of those moves which will undoubtedly make it more realistic, but perhaps negatively impact the enjoyment of the game. Intermediaries are deeply unpopular people in football and I suspect they will be a pain in the game as well.

The features sound decent but I'm completely fine with the stuff I'm able to do already, for me it's more about the way the AI plays the game that I want to see be made better. Part of the reason it gets so easy later on in the game is because AI teams just don't build teams properly.

Edited by TheWednesday

Have they fixed the VAR offside goals disallowed in FM24? 23 is borderline unplayable with the amount there are. 17 disallowed goals in the first 14 games of my season. Getting to the point where you see a goal going in being equivalent to the highlight kicking in with your team on the attack. Amazed they never fixed it on 23 either, seems such an easy thing to balance.

5 hours ago, TheWednesday said:

The features sound decent but I'm completely fine with the stuff I'm able to do already, for me it's more about the way the AI plays the game that I want to see be made better. Part of the reason it gets so easy later on in the game is because AI teams just don't build teams properly.

Yes, most clubs, but especially newly promoted clubs, are far too inactive in the transfer market. The big immersion breaker for me is when the game shows me a graph of the number of transfers by club for a given transfer window and most of the transfers were made by me. Established clubs can hang on to their quality for a few seasons before their best players deteriorate, but newly promoted clubs get relegated right after getting promoted. There are no Lutons or Bournemouths in the game.

9 hours ago, busngabb said:

Have they fixed the VAR offside goals disallowed in FM24? 23 is borderline unplayable with the amount there are. 17 disallowed goals in the first 14 games of my season. Getting to the point where you see a goal going in being equivalent to the highlight kicking in with your team on the attack. Amazed they never fixed it on 23 either, seems such an easy thing to balance.

On 22 the issue was that every single VAR check resulted in the goal being disallowed. I have not had an issue with VAR disallowing goals too much in 23, and the checks go both ways, for both teams.

23 hours ago, busngabb said:

Depends what you want from the game. Familiarity, realism etc. The new features around transfers are no doubt more realistic and true to how things happen in real life. Intermediaries and agents will be working on deals for clubs all the time. But in reality I suspect managers at most clubs will have absolutely minimum involvements in transfer dealings. I suspect real life is more like define the transfer strategy, discuss the priorities for recruitment and outgoings and then the Director of Football or CEO or whoever get involved and it disappears from the manager's plate. There's no way managers in real life have the involvement in negotiations with clubs and contracts with players as happens on the game.

These features seem like one of those moves which will undoubtedly make it more realistic, but perhaps negatively impact the enjoyment of the game. Intermediaries are deeply unpopular people in football and I suspect they will be a pain in the game as well.

My inquiry is how much realistic the game should be? There is much stuff in real life that is on the border between legal and not-so-legal. Not to mention there are stuff that is some way things are done in real life, that many consider unnatural or simply morally wrong. Some player's sales are more money laundry, than anything else. I mean things like Juventus, won't happen in-game because what they have done is illegal stuff, I for one would hated this could happen in the game. Another example, that happens in real life, that I would hate to be in the game. There are many leagues, where the clubs don't own the entirety player's pass (not sure if there is another name for it), just a percentage of it. The rest is owned by trust funds, that people don't know where they came to be. I like that in FM club owns 100% of the player's pass, and absolutely hate this would be included in the game. I like the game to be a representation of what football is, what we all love about it. Not about this muck that stains the beautiful game.

I don't know about you, hate the inclusion of intermediaries, because I hate them in real life. Despite, what each individual thinks of them, I consider them bloody leeches... they are among the reasons what is wrong in football because it makes football less transparent.

Considering all this above I wonder, how much gameplay is being sacrificed in this pursuit of simulating real life. I could be wrong and in-game is a nice feature, but it kind of feels like another hoop we have to jump to buy and sell players.

Edited by grade

En 23/9/2023 a las 12:37, busngabb dijo:

This is a game where a person can materialize out of thin air to manage Real Madrid right away. Strict realism kinda goes out the window from the start.

The new features could be good (I ended up being a late convert to the Squad Planner in FM23), but I want to see if they are more than just adding extra clicks for no good reason.

2 hours ago, grade said:

My inquiry is how much realistic the game should be? There is much stuff in real life that is on the border between legal and not-so-legal. Not to mention there are stuff that is some way things are done in real life, that many consider unnatural or simply morally wrong. Some player's sales are more money laundry, than anything else. I mean things like Juventus, won't happen in-game because what they have done is illegal stuff, I for one would hated this could happen in the game. Another example, that happens in real life, that I would hate to be in the game. There are many leagues, where the clubs don't own the entirety player's pass (not sure if there is another name for it), just a percentage of it. The rest is owned by trust funds, that people don't know where they came to be. I like that in FM club owns 100% of the player's pass, and absolutely hate this would be included in the game. I like the game to be a representation of what football is, what we all love about it. Not about this muck that stains the beautiful game.

I don't know about you, hate the inclusion of intermediaries, because I hate them in real life. Despite, what each individual thinks of them, I consider them bloody leeches... they are among the reasons what is wrong in football because it makes football less transparent.

Considering all this above I wonder, how much gameplay is being sacrificed in this pursuit of simulating real life. I could be wrong and in-game is a nice feature, but it kind of feels like another hoop we have to jump to buy and sell players.

I think, based on what was written, that the intermediaries are a "screw it, I just need to get rid of this player" function. So you will get rid, or most likely will get rid, but for significantly lower value than with other methods. Having seen how many people write something about not being able to shift players in FM23 and previous versions, I think this will be a good feature for a lot of people. And if you don't want to deal with it, then you can probably just ignore it and continue to dump players into the reserves, I suppose. Time will tell how the feature works, but I like the idea of getting a feature that allows you to just get rid of the deadwood a bit easier than before.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I think, based on what was written, that the intermediaries are a "screw it, I just need to get rid of this player" function. So you will get rid, or most likely will get rid, but for significantly lower value than with other methods. Having seen how many people write something about not being able to shift players in FM23 and previous versions, I think this will be a good feature for a lot of people. And if you don't want to deal with it, then you can probably just ignore it and continue to dump players into the reserves, I suppose. Time will tell how the feature works, but I like the idea of getting a feature that allows you to just get rid of the deadwood a bit easier than before.

One step away from introducing a difficulty level IMO.

Can't say I've had an issue getting rid of deadwood anymore than a club would IRL. AI on the other hand...

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

One step away from introducing a difficulty level IMO.

Can't say I've had an issue getting rid of deadwood anymore than a club would IRL. AI on the other hand...

I've not had much issue myself, but reading enough threads here to know that many do, so if it's a help for someone then great, I'd say.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

All sounds good on paper. Depends if this will work as intended. Not saying it will not work or be bugged, but if it really helps offload unwanted players from our teams, then all is good here. Sometimes what we read and what we see in the game sometimes are not on the same page.

I just hope that doesn't bring the unwanted complex process to streamline the process of buying and selling players. Was it realistic, probably not, but I felt it did the job well. Sure wasn't perfect, but felt the AI managers should have been more proactive in poaching unwanted players from bigger clubs (which it seems has been improved in the upcoming FM24, I hope).

The feature blogs this year are pretty darn good. in fact, they're the best I've seen in years. Most people clamor for better AI and AI squad building and SI seem to be delivering on that front.

This is a far cry from announcing a bunch of licensed banners and a new (useless) screen as headline features.

That being said, I am a bit skeptical about the end product. I will buy FM 24, but I'll hold my judgment on whether or not Ai has improved until I get 5-10 seasons of game time.

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Three feature reveals this week, I wonder if that will be split over today, Wednesday, and Friday. 

That is my thought too. And I’m interested in all of them, which I didn’t think I was at first when the road map dropped