FM24

Kloppy

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The key element here is how AI managers will now look more at potential ability when choosing who to sign, who to play, and who to sell, rather than the current system of only looking at current ability. If I've read this correctly, this SHOULD be the end of every Ai squad being filled with 30+ year old players. Whether that's how it plays out remains to be seen, but it sounds a very positive change, and one that's long overdue. 

24 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The key element here is how AI managers will now look more at potential ability when choosing who to sign, who to play, and who to sell, rather than the current system of only looking at current ability. If I've read this correctly, this SHOULD be the end of every Ai squad being filled with 30+ year old players. Whether that's how it plays out remains to be seen, but it sounds a very positive change, and one that's long overdue. 

That for me has won me over to buy FM24. Was planning to hold off until I seen the review but that today's reveal has won me over. 

30 minutes ago, jcafcwbb said:

Do we know if the changes to the transfer AI and squad, match selection will make it to the console version?

I prefer the simpler style of the game to the full fat PC version but not everything will make it in

Generally, it should, yeah. It’s a pretty core element

Seems a decent announcement. Hope this tweaks the AI's Ridiculous(IMO) take on loans and a better way of striking a deal rather than "I see you rejected our offer of 100% wages and a mandatory £5 million for your star player, how about 85% wages and a £4.5 million mandatory fee?"

None of any of these blogs is going to mean much until it's actually observed in practice.  They could completely underwhelm with promotion but the game be a joy to play, and they could knock it out the park with hype and the game itself is a complete dud.  What they've said sounds promising, but it doesn't really mean a whole lot just yet.

Also like the sound of this,

"Elsewhere, we’ve also made a few tweaks to player development. Some will see an accelerated improvement in their teenage years before hitting their potential ceiling earlier on. Meanwhile, a new system has been introduced to recognise ‘Late Developers’, or those players who don’t breakthrough until slightly later than would be considered typical. "

51 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

The roadmap for each release says week commencing rather than a specific date.

My assumption is Tuesday (today), Thursday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday for the 5 feature blogs.

I’m not sure how I feel about todays stuff, all the improved transfer and squad building bits feels like stuff we’ve been promised before. 

My whelm is currently a little under - I’m hopeful, but also apprehensive about it. Oh, maybe I do know how I feel.

1 hour ago, Nick_CB said:

A way to raise more money, dynamics and interactivity with sponsors

Not sure how much a manger would deal with that other than maybe show up to a photo shoot or press conference. 

If you were thinking along the lines of wooing sponsors like some of the old f1 games like GPM 1/2/World, I'd think a lot of the work would be done by a commercial manager. 

Not saying it wouldn't be an interesting addition but I'd rather focus (and have SI focus) on the core football activities. I'm hoping the changes to the transfer market make it harder for top teams to build up to a 2B bank account in 5 years. Always felt like it was impossible to make money at the lower levels (fair) and then too easy to make money if you were a top team (so long as you didn't put crazy future fees in).

47 minutes ago, forameuss said:

None of any of these blogs is going to mean much until it's actually observed in practice.  They could completely underwhelm with promotion but the game be a joy to play, and they could knock it out the park with hype and the game itself is a complete dud.  What they've said sounds promising, but it doesn't really mean a whole lot just yet.

I'm sure someone will post in the first week with a complaint about how "unrealistic" it is that Chelsea scoop up all the young players for crazy high fees and then never play them. 

3 hours ago, (sic) said:

It seems like small stuff to improve the game, but it's actually pretty big. 

"Meanwhile, a new system has been introduced to recognise ‘Late Developers’, or those players who don’t breakthrough until slightly later than would be considered typical."

I love that this will be a thing finally (hopefully). Hopefully just stacking u19 players will be gone, and we can get some 23-24 year old hidden talents, that can actually make huge improvements.

2 hours ago, andu1 said:

Also like the sound of this,

"Elsewhere, we’ve also made a few tweaks to player development. Some will see an accelerated improvement in their teenage years before hitting their potential ceiling earlier on. Meanwhile, a new system has been introduced to recognise ‘Late Developers’, or those players who don’t breakthrough until slightly later than would be considered typical. "

I've been wanting some form of dynamic potential/development in the game for years, I'll absolutely take this!

1 hour ago, Gum said:

I've been wanting some form of dynamic potential/development in the game for years, I'll absolutely take this!

If it works as intended, this is exactly the way I’ve wanted development to work. It’s not about adding variable PA for me, it’s all about adding variety to developmental progression of players. It’s the part of todays blog I’m actually excited about

9 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

If it works as intended, this is exactly the way I’ve wanted development to work. It’s not about adding variable PA for me, it’s all about adding variety to developmental progression of players. It’s the part of todays blog I’m actually excited about

Yeah, it's not variable PA, it's a bigger difference between actual PA and perceived (scouted?) PA at the point the player is released by the bigger club. Players then surpassing what was expected to be their PA (but wasn't) later in their careers - presumably due to regular first team football at the lower level, rather than age-level football with a bigger club, and working their way back up to their actual PA.

Sounds promising on the whole, and continued work on the AI aspect is what everyone asks for, so far so good.

But then you get things like this, which I'll hold my breath on:

That improved logic also applies to outgoing transfers, with AI clubs now making much more considered and contextual decisions concerning loans for young players. If it was felt that a player was lacking in terms of physicality, the club would try to facilitate a move to a more physical team to improve the aspect of the player’s development.

Yeah since the dawn of time one of the main reasons for loans is to give youth players the experience of adult football and toughening them up a bit, and I'm sure you can pick out individual examples where a loan for this purpose happened... but just seems very unrealistic to me for eg. a top team to have some precocious wonderkid playmaker, and basically conclude he's a great footballer but a bit weak, better send him to Tony Pulis!. I'd worry about the AI decision making here - both the teams sending, and team receiving on loan - and don't really want to see playmakers being sent to hoofball teams, or meathead centrebacks to tiki taka sides, en masse because of what the system interprets as their weak spots.

On a related note I would hope for AI improvements when it comes to newgen development and the type of players that come through. This is still way too undercooked in my opinion, where clubs with renowned playing styles aren't well replicated. Every edition still you'll see things like Barcelona newgens coming through with rock bottom attributes for touch, passing, technique, composure, etc. I think newgen "templating" could be better to produce players (and groups of them) that no matter what their CA/PA/potential is they reflect being brought through a specific play style be that tiki taka, gegenpress or whatever. At the moment the newgen individuals "make up" and attribute distribution is still for me far too chaotically random.

Edited by mp_87
newgen, not regen!

Im not sure how they're going to implement the board taking over transfers if you go into the red in your budget , where it doesn't get annoying.

Ive seen a screenshot in the latest development update wherein they gave 1 week to sell players until they take mattters into their own hands and begin selling off your players to make up for funds.

Will they sell your best players? 

How does the A.I decide which players to sell?

I have a feeling this would be a game breaker for those like me looking to start a save in non league football , where money is tight and even if you start in the positive bank balance , by the end of the season more or less you will be f in the red without even using any transfer funds. Having to rely on sponsorships etc to balance the books before the start of the new season.

It is a known fact that aside from the top leagues in football a vast majority of clubs in football are operating at a loss or are in the red and not all teams are forced to sell by their board.  For example in premier league vs EFL leagues from championship to league 2. They are requesting for 25% of the tv deals from the premier league clubs to be shared evenly with the leagues below them to help with their finances. 

"Championship clubs’ losses Operating losses reported by Championship clubs decreased by 10% to £361m in 2021/22, an average loss of £15m per club."

There has been instances where I've taken a team into the from league 2 to league 1 and we have been in the red maybe by 200-300k by before the start of the next season , I dont believe that warrants the board to sell players forcefully.

Clarification would be nice on how this feature would be implemented. 

3 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

I have a feeling this would be a game breaker for those like me looking to start a save in non league football , where money is tight and even if you start in the positive bank balance , by the end of the season more or less you will be f in the red without even using any transfer funds. Having to rely on sponsorships etc to balance the books before the start of the new season.

At least its more realistic, lower league clubs normally don't refresh an entire team every season or loan half a team to do a promotion. Consecutive promotions normally required most players on FM to run into the red for a while, and then hope that the prize money from being promoted covered the cost. Maybe you might get a board that will give you a chance, as long as the debt is manageable. Its an interesting change.

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

At least its more realistic, lower league clubs normally don't refresh an entire team every season or loan half a team to do a promotion. Consecutive promotions normally required most players on FM to run into the red for a while, and then hope that the prize money from being promoted covered the cost. Maybe you might get a board that will give you a chance, as long as the debt is manageable. Its an interesting change.

Yeah anything that makes it more difficult to do a Conference to PL run is fine with me. It’s a little too easy at the moment.

On 18/09/2023 at 21:42, srvngrc said:

It's getting nearly 100 celcius. That's not normal. It's not running that hot even while running more intense apps. I tried to reduce graphic settings. Even tried low graphics but nothing has changed. I think it's because of retina display's 2x resolution.

@Rashidi

I'm honestly not experiencing this on my M1 Macbook Air but then i'm not monitoring temps exactly.

I'm guessing this is during games?  What level of highlights do you have on and how many active leagues do you have running?

Is anyone else getting the same issues?

5 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

It is a known fact that aside from the top leagues in football a vast majority of clubs in football are operating at a loss or are in the red and not all teams are forced to sell by their board.  For example in premier league vs EFL leagues from championship to league 2. They are requesting for 25% of the tv deals from the premier league clubs to be shared evenly with the leagues below them to help with their finances. 

I think you may have missed the point a little here, it’s overspending on transfer budget that will trigger the board to step in. So if you’re not overspending on wages, and don’t use up your transfer budget you’ll be fine. Just having a negative cash balance won’t trigger that kind of message.

5 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

Clarification would be nice on how this feature would be implemented. 

I think the blog post makes it quite clear how it will work. It's nothing to do with a club's bank balance. The selling of players by the board will happen if your transfer budget goes into the red, not your balance. It's not been possible in previous editions to have a negative transfer budget (board would just block a transfer if you didn't have enough), so this is an intriguing change. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I think the blog post makes it quite clear how it will work. It's nothing to do with a club's bank balance. The selling of players by the board will happen if your transfer budget goes into the red, not your balance. It's not been possible in previous editions to have a negative transfer budget (board would just block a transfer if you didn't have enough), so this is an intriguing change. 

The way I read it, and I might be wrong, but still, is that you can speculate a bit more than before. If you think you are selling your starting striker soon, you can buy a replacement before he is sold to go over the budget if you think you might get him cheaper by buying early. So if you suddenly are unable to sell the striker you thought you could sell, then you might be in trouble. Perhaps you added some clauses that suddenly triggered to put you over the budget that you didn't plan on, there are many reasons why one suddenly could be over the budget, and this just gives the user more incentive to pay close attention to how they spend money.

10 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

Im not sure how they're going to implement the board taking over transfers if you go into the red in your budget , where it doesn't get annoying.

TBH the board should be annoying until you've got a high enough rep or history with the club to be SAF type manager. They're your boss and own the club. Some might be more hands off or more micromanagement-y. Some may grant you more or fewer responsibilities at initial contract time.  

I could imagine future version where you're strictly hired as a head coach rather than a full manager of the team. The DOF would handle transfers/contracts/scouting/youth and simply ask for your input on what kind of player or rank potential targets until you've been around long enough and have enough success on the pitch to earn that privilege in your own contract negotiations.

18 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

TBH the board should be annoying until you've got a high enough rep or history with the club to be SAF type manager. They're your boss and own the club. Some might be more hands off or more micromanagement-y. Some may grant you more or fewer responsibilities at initial contract time.  

I could imagine future version where you're strictly hired as a head coach rather than a full manager of the team. The DOF would handle transfers/contracts/scouting/youth and simply ask for your input on what kind of player or rank potential targets until you've been around long enough and have enough success on the pitch to earn that privilege in your own contract negotiations.

While I’m all for this, the more casual player might find this off putting.

Hopefully has the game grows after the big changes in 25 they can start adding options like this in, but with squad building the way it is now it would be a nightmare anyway :lol:

29 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I like this a lot.  Feels very realistic.  A seperate mode that role plays this kind of thing would be fantastic

3 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

While I’m all for this, the more casual player might find this off putting.

Hopefully has the game grows after the big changes in 25 they can start adding options like this in, but with squad building the way it is now it would be a nightmare anyway :lol:

perhaps - at game start simply having a toggle of start as head coach or manager/DOF if you can't be bothered with really building from scratch. Kind of like being able to pick your experience currently. It also might be easier for new players since you're only focused on match days. 

I'm also assuming that the AI transfer market is improved enough that your DOF doesn't buy a 6th first team CB and leave you strikerless. I don't think in a feature like this you'd be cut out entirely of transfers. You'd still have input but you might not get your top choice b/c of price or wages or interest. It might be the 6th choice on the list of identified targets.   

Its not an FM24 feature but I could see them building towards something like this in a 3-5 year dev cycle.

8 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I like this a lot.  Feels very realistic.  A seperate mode that role plays this kind of thing would be fantastic

It would make contract negotiations for the player meaningful imo too. Even have some clubs flat out refuse to ever let you take full control (like tottenham as long as levy is there). Getting into a spat with the board like you're Jose should be part of the game.

19 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

It would make contract negotiations for the player meaningful imo too. Even have some clubs flat out refuse to ever let you take full control (like tottenham as long as levy is there). Getting into a spat with the board like you're Jose should be part of the game.

Exactly.

And you could move clubs based on how much control you'd like to have.

8 saat önce, Brother Ben said:

I'm honestly not experiencing this on my M1 Macbook Air but then i'm not monitoring temps exactly.

I'm guessing this is during games?  What level of highlights do you have on and how many active leagues do you have running?

Is anyone else getting the same issues?

About 15 leagues. I'm experiencing that during matches. I even tried 2d matches but nothing changed. There is a thread for FM23 MAC and there is some people getting same issue. It's occuring only on 7 core GPU macbook m1s. 

I presume the powers that be have tested this new AI transfer system for a decade in game to see how it pans out? I presume there's been tests of only allowing your DoF to sort your transfers to see if they actually do their job? I presume the games been played out for a decade to see how the regens develop and fare in the future with no strange attribute anomalies? 

55 minutes ago, Alannnnn said:

I presume the powers that be have tested this new AI transfer system for a decade in game to see how it pans out? I presume there's been tests of only allowing your DoF to sort your transfers to see if they actually do their job? I presume the games been played out for a decade to see how the regens develop and fare in the future with no strange attribute anomalies? 

Sure but end users are the ultimate testers. We can log, collectively, millions of hours of gameplay. Someone is going to find something that can happen that didn't show up in testing. We can all provide feedback during the beta period in a few weeks.

18 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Sure but end users are the ultimate testers. We can log, collectively, millions of hours of gameplay. Someone is going to find something that can happen that didn't show up in testing. We can all provide feedback during the beta period in a few weeks.

I understand minor bugs, but these have been known about for years and not difficult to spot. Would make no sense not checking these basics.

As someone who supports a team who, for the last decade, has played in the EFL1 and EFL2 I can tell you the board will sell a player when the offer is deemed acceptable without asking the manager. In fact if the game is completely realistic you would flick over to a new day and find your star player has been sold anfd you have to sort out the replacement. 

14 hours ago, srvngrc said:

About 15 leagues. I'm experiencing that during matches. I even tried 2d matches but nothing changed. There is a thread for FM23 MAC and there is some people getting same issue. It's occuring only on 7 core GPU macbook m1s. 

Yeah I've got the base model too.  It does get pretty toasty and stutters after a while if I have it on extended highlights and there's a lot of them.

I tend to use key highlights mostly which helps and I don't run quite as many leagues as yourself.  I would imagine the results of the other leagues is also being calculated in the background whilst you're playing your game which may put extra pressure on.

Like I said I don't see it as a massive problem, mainly due to my expectations from a passively cooled system but I do hope like yourself that they can fine tune it for FM24 and beyond

27 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

Will it be possible to add the J-League to a save you are migrating from FM23??

Doubtful, in the same way you can add custom leagues to started saves, I would think it would not be possible, but who knows at this stage.

26 minutes ago, XaW said:

Doubtful, in the same way you can add custom leagues to started saves, I would think it would not be possible, but who knows at this stage.

I think it’s theoretically possible though. The function to add leagues exists, and the clubs are in the game. You’d end up with a league full of newgens, but it would be active. I’d place this firmly in the “Don’t rule it out” column.

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I think it’s theoretically possible though. The function to add leagues exists, and the clubs are in the game. You’d end up with a league full of newgens, but it would be active. I’d place this firmly in the “Don’t rule it out” column.

Of course, it could be, but my guess would be no based on how other things work, but we'll see! SI might blow my pessimism out the window!