Match 49: Italy vs Spain - 8pm (bst) BBC1 live from Wembley !

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Always thought Chiellini was a nasty piece of work...until I saw that interview of his about Spurs...can't take him too seriously now I've heard that high pitched voice :D

He was bigging up Dan James the other week. :D 

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Always thought Chiellini was a nasty piece of work...until I saw that interview of his about Spurs...can't take him too seriously now I've heard that high pitched voice :D

He's actually really intelligent, even got a degree.

Bonucci is the c*nt.

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

Pedri is some player. Will be a shame when Barca fold and aren’t there to produce these players anymore.

He had already made his debut for Las Palmas before they signed him. :D

11 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Two hours of Mediterranean anti-football and rolling around until one of them eventually nicks it 1-0 in extra time or wins it on penalties.

Come the final the entire football world is behind England after these two serve up such a miserable game.

So far you're right. We can't forget the role of the ref in making this game so unwatchable though.

2 minutes ago, Anthrax Dave said:

This has been awful.

I'm loving it, super intense, both teams at a very high level of passing and pressing. The final ball isn't coming off but you feel as players get tired someone will find a breach. 

Italy opened well, but the Spanish were stronger for the last 20 minutes. Italy had no or one shot at goal, too. A whole lot more balanced than I thought it would be. 

Typical cagey dont want to lose semi-final between to big heavyweights. Hopefully we get some attacking football in the second half. There were several moments in the first half I was wondering why the strikers took extra touches instead of shooting first time. When Simon got caught out of his goal for one.

Spain have been way better than us. Have to admire their football really. Not afraid to get on the ball, be proactive, even against a team who have shown they're a good attacking side so far. 

I think we need to find Immobile a bit earlier. Spain are high but we take a bit too long to get it in behind. 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Pedri is different ****ing gravy 

He's incredible. 

Olmo and Ferran also look lit, but they look like they need another 2 seasons to develop and unlock the extra +20 points of CA. Pedri is a regen born with 175 CA on spawn day, unbelievable. :D

Don't think Italy will be nearly as worried as some people are suggesting. Half the reason for the difference in possession is that Italy look to get the ball forward straight away and Spain play a lot more passes before they try anything risky. Given Spain's defence, that's just both sides picking their most sensible approach to the game.

The other is that Spain are basically playing strikerless, and that's reflected in the chances and finishing too.

Just now, Astafjevs said:

Spain have been way better than us. Have to admire their football really. Not afraid to get on the ball, be proactive, even against a team who have shown they're a good attacking side so far. 

I think we need to find Immobile a bit earlier. Spain are high but we take a bit too long to get it in behind. 

Yeah, when you get around them, you're too slow to punish them, and you're clearly capable of it

Been a brilliant game, only thing missing is the goals but it has more than made up for that with a proper ding dong battle here and both sides going at it....no idea how anyone hasn't enjoyed that?!?!?!