Match 49: Italy vs Spain - 8pm (bst) BBC1 live from Wembley !

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, cyclonus1010 said:

No idea how Eric Garcia gets near the starting 11, Luis Enriques lovechild? 

Barca link? considering no Real Madrid players are there :D

well future Barca player obviously

Edited by TM

1 minute ago, cyclonus1010 said:

No idea how Eric Garcia gets near the starting 11, Luis Enriques lovechild? 

Garcia seems like one of those examples of a player that keeps getting picked because he plays for a big team, even though he's not actually that good. If he was the exact same player but he played for Getafe or Levante he wouldn't get near the side.

1 minute ago, TM said:

Barca link? considering no Real Madrid players are there :D

well future Barca player obviously

And former Barca player too. Eric's just taken the Fabregas and Pique route of breaking into their team. :D

It's clearly an instruction to let play continue if it looks like a goal scoring opportunity; and actually I'm for it.  I'd rather they score and it's disallowed on review, than it turn out they were onside and denied even the opportunity.

1 minute ago, Geoff Newman said:

It's clearly an instruction to let play continue if it looks like a goal scoring opportunity; and actually I'm for it.  I'd rather they score and it's disallowed on review, than it turn out they were onside and denied even the opportunity.

Yeah we all understand why they carry on but when its as clear as that play should stop as could easily lead to an injury etc for no reason.

Just now, Marius_R said:

Yeah, one extra red card. :D

He's exactly who I'd want in my side in a game like tonight's. Especially when Eric Garcia is playing who looks like he would be physically bullied by anyone :D

6 minutes ago, Geoff Newman said:

If the player is so far offside it's clear as day then the linesman should be flagging straight away, not waiting 10 minutes and then putting his flag up. 

The officials still can't get it right even now with the new rules. They've flagged when it's so tight you can't realistically call it in real time and then other times they leave the flag down when the player is 3 yards off.