Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

29 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I think he said he prefers to wait until January and have the game "completely functional" instead of releasing in November and having to wait for patches to correct these errors.

Yeah I understood what he said. I just find that strange. If that's how I felt, I would just buy it in January instead of November. That way everyone else can crack on in November if they want.

Edited by Junkhead

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, kertiek said:

no they should not held the release until  January, but  could do a proper launch at November without making us feel like we are in a beta testing stage from November until some date in late December when they release the first big patch that maybe fixes some of the current problems affecting the game. 

Great idea. Let's hope SI are reading this because obviously their current business model of releasing a game in November with bugs which need fixing in December isn't working.

Didn't realise it was that simple. Good news!:lol:

6 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Great idea. Let's hope SI are reading this because obviously their current business model of releasing a game in November with bugs which need fixing in December isn't working.

Didn't realise it was that simple. Good news!:lol:

clearly u didnt read the whole post  about a proper QA stage.. good luck with ur failed logic.

added to ignore list <3

Edited by kertiek

6 minutes ago, kertiek said:

clearly u didnt read the whole post  about a proper QA stage.. good luck with ur failed logic.

added to ignore list <3

I did read the whole post.

It was just nonsense.

I find it ridiculous that you seem to think SI didn't do what you call a "proper QA stage" because...... What? Because they can't be bothered? Because they don't know what they are doing? They didn't think about doing that?

I am sure they are doing as much QA as they are able to. They make no secret of the fact that the early release is an actual beta, and engage with users regularly on their forums. 

You also believe that reporting bugs is pointless because the length of content of their responses is "vague"?

How much do you want them to write in their responses?

Basically your suggestion is "Do better QA because I am a software developer and here is a list of bugs".

Brilliant. Problem solved. :applause:

34 minutes ago, kertiek said:

added to ignore list <3

Do you really think that's what they're missing?  That they're not doing QA, and doing so would lead to a perfectly polished game?  Do you understand how development works?

There's always going to be issues, and the nature of things probably means that it's likely at least one of those issues is a pretty serious one.  Is it a good thing?  Absolutely not.  But you may as well ask that it doesn't rain anymore.  Games with larger budgets and teams than FM has have released in far, FAR worse states than this.  It doesn't excuse it, but, again, it's just the way it is.

That and telling someone you're putting them on ignore is really cringey.

EDIT: And to save further quoting, on your point of you raising bugs and not hearing anything back.  What exactly do you want them to say?  Genuine question.  Do you want them to go into the root causes of the issue with you?  Put a template post that they're looking into it?  Would you not rather they just, you know, logged it and went to actually fix it rather than spend time with platitudes?

Edited by forameuss

Just messing around with the Raumdeuter & he scored 9 goals in a game, the craziest result I've got in FM for a good while. Odder thing is, this is a friendly vs some local cannon fodder & we got half a million quid for it 

bonus.thumb.png.26cbdccac5affbfe3d2b37e7d9958626.png

This can't be right, I can arrange these friendlies at will

482084017_thehell.png.81b1e3906d48a3c3dd42aebae009e395.png

Edited by Johnny Ace

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

Just messing around with the Raumdeuter & he scored 9 goals in a game, the craziest result I've got in FM for a good while. Odder thing is, this is a friendly vs some local cannon fodder & we got half a million quid for it 

I'm just glad the assman is there to tell you "an xG total that was far greater than our opponent's" happened, you'd not be able to judge that... 24-nil match otherwise ;-)

The match engine has lags for me, I hope you will fix this soon (as this problem is already known). But at the same time, it's the best match engine in history!

It just needs to improve a few points: There have been many penalties, many goals at the end of the games and I see a lot of long passes ... There needs to be a more balanced ME with crosses and passes through the midfield. I was impressed with the number of shots on goal, in a game here I just gave 50 shots hahahaha I played the beta a little, but I saw more dribbling and mainly more plays in the center of the field as well as free kicks.

I'm a little discouraged with the new interface, in FM 20 the match engine was better (regardless of the skin used). Finally, I'm finding the game easier than the 2020 version, but everything if it's more balanced AI and dynamism of the game will be very realistic and very coherent and animated!

59 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Do you really think that's what they're missing?  That they're not doing QA, and doing so would lead to a perfectly polished game?  Do you understand how development works?

no i dont need a perfect game, but at least for me, fm21 has more game breaking features than fm20. leaving outside the discussion the match engine because is impossible for everyone to agree on that subject, there will always be someone that wants something changed from it even when they fix the biggest problems,

just the regen problem over a few seasons in and the broken stats from matches are things that i cant overlook because in fm20 were working just fine, how can i "fix" the tactics if i cant see realistic stats about dribbling, clear chances, an analysis of assists locations from example? 

what stage of development u could catch some of those problems before the actual release of the game 

"Quality assurance (QA) is a way of preventing mistakes and defects in manufactured products and avoiding problems when delivering products or services to customers;"

That and telling someone you're putting them on ignore is really cringey.

dont care

EDIT: And to save further quoting, on your point of you raising bugs and not hearing anything back.  What exactly do you want them to say?  Genuine question.  Do you want them to go into the root causes of the issue with you?  Put a template post that they're looking into it?  Would you not rather they just, you know, logged it and went to actually fix it rather than spend time with platitudes?

a good example is what they do in the sub for feature requests, every topic they check, they answer "reviewed", close the topic  and move it  to another subcategory inside full of  "reviewed" posts... there is no need for a complex feedback from devs or anything like that. pretty simple, there is no need for "platitudes".

Edited by kertiek

1 hour ago, Pav_Makarov said:

I logged topic in ME bugs subforum about assists from own half with all the pkms and two more users added to it with timestamps and their respective pkms. Not even a "not a bug, won't review"

I'm thinking that this version is the final one and we can start getting used to it

Highly, highly unlikely. That would be completely out of sync with every other SI release in history, I reckon. I mean they might not fix the specific thing you have logged, but I think it's pretty nailed on that they will update the match engine at some point. 

They always have before.

4 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

20 remained screwed till the end.

But anyway, my topic has "info provided" tag, so I'm hopeful. Apart from this inconsistency I'm having a blast with current ME

They released a number of patches for 20 thoufh didn't they?

So I don't think it's likely that this version of the match engine is the "final version" as you said. 

8 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

I am realizing that opportunities are not being accounted for in statistics, anyone with more with this problem?

Yes, thought I was imagining it. Shots I have seen on the highlights not appearing on the stats - still says 0 shots. Is that what you mean?

Just now, Junkhead said:

They released a number of patches for 20 thoufh didn't they?

And it mostly retained those f... ups that were there from the start, infamous 1vs1, corners from every cross, you name it. Can't say for everyone, but personally to me and to many people in communities on FB and reddit, 20 didn't realy take off. So, considering, that ME is already better and issues are logged now, I hold my hopes high.

On the other hand I wouldn't hope that interface stuff, even obvious screwups, will be touched, so this is what we have to get used to

1 hour ago, CaptCanuck said:

I'm just glad the assman is there to tell you "an xG total that was far greater than our opponent's" happened, you'd not be able to judge that... 24-nil match otherwise ;-)

Oh and I didn't notice at first cause... well xG :rolleyes:

But you have a 10.22 xG in the Match Stats and then a 6.72 xG in the Capt. Obvious panel.

11 minutos atrás, Junkhead disse:

Yes, thought I was imagining it. Shots I have seen on the highlights not appearing on the stats - still says 0 shots. Is that what you mean?

Yes, this can cause a domino effect on all statistical and xG reports

@Neil BrockDear friend... please, can you officially give us some word?...

- Where can we DISABLE this notifications everytime someone else scores in the same league?

- Or some team changes their position in the table?

- How can we go to a certain moment in the game? Last year we could click in the timeline (WHERE ARE THE TIMELINE) and the moment was there...

- Where are the Assistant Manager Tips?

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

This can't be right, I can arrange these friendlies at will

482084017_thehell.png.81b1e3906d48a3c3dd42aebae009e395.png

Nope, this aint right. I pointed this out in a version 10-15 years ago as I was a very low non league team arranging friendlies to get 40k a game. I think they sorted it but I guess it come back.

6 ore fa, jeff.fit82 ha scritto:

Hello friends!

Its the second time im asking...might be ignored, or no....i dont know...

but, i WOULD LIKE TO DISABLE this ANNOYING pop-up messages when someone scores, or there are some changes in the Tournment Table

HOW CAN I DISABLE IT?
We could disable it in EVERY VERSION...how to disable it in FM21?

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 15.46.30.jpeg

Just lost a really nice play made by my team on left side as the popup appeared with an advice about an opposite player (exactly same pitch zoom as your screenshot) covering half of penalty area. And I couldn’t go back to look at it immediately as we have no timeline. Gutted.

Ah man this game, walked the league just to lose the promotion play off. Opposing team had one player on 30 goals and everyone else on 4 or less, 4-5-1 striker set to poacher and just long pumped balls over the top.

They already did me in the cup with the same formation, I've got a far better team so expected to win, set defensive line to the lowest, put a pacey (for this level, acceleration 14 and pace 13) player on cover.

lost both legs 3-0, 5 goals from a long ball that my defence refused to challenge for or follow, and 1 where my defender just pulled him down in the box again instead of trying to play the ball or sweep in behind.

LLM is ****ed

9 hours ago, LolloViola said:

Just lost a really nice play made by my team on left side as the popup appeared with an advice about an opposite player (exactly same pitch zoom as your screenshot) covering half of penalty area. And I couldn’t go back to look at it immediately as we have no timeline. Gutted.

9 hours ago, Aim_Less said:

yeah lacking timeline or a way too see previous advices from staff .  lack of widgets is also a terrible decision 

THATS A SHAME!!
This is not FM anymore, this is another game...
This year version is really bad compared to the FM20, FM19 gameplay experience...
PLEASE, BRING THE FM EXPERIENCE BACK GUYS!!!

56 minutes ago, jeff.fit82 said:

@Neil BrockDear friend... please, can you officially give us some word?...

- Where can we DISABLE this notifications everytime someone else scores in the same league?

- Or some team changes their position in the table?

- How can we go to a certain moment in the game? Last year we could click in the timeline (WHERE ARE THE TIMELINE) and the moment was there...

- Where are the Assistant Manager Tips?

Ask that question in the main General Discussion forum and you may well get more visibility and answers

22 minutes ago, LolloViola said:

And I couldn’t go back to look at it immediately

Well no, you could have. There's a rewind function where you can go back and forward in 10 second chunks or frame-by-frame. Not as intuitive as the timeline, but it is there. 

I tend to just skip past xG, but since Johnny's post above I've paid a bit more attention and got this:

image.thumb.png.3ef7b49243e878bab58d5b59f67c5a78.png

The xG Match Story text is just stupid - yes the conclusion is because we got a 90th minute penalty and our xG shot above theirs we must have put in a good performance :idiot:

Started to experience a lag during the match engine.  Not sure what’s happened as it was working fine then suddenly started to lag. 

Does anybody have any advice settings wise what could be done to help with this?  I already have the match preferences all on the lowest settings.

1 thing that could possibly be implemented in future versions is some more options there to make it run easier.  I like many others probably wouldn’t buy a whole new desktop just to play 1 game.

For example some of the background stuff could be removed such as the stands so you can just see the players and the pitch.  

Would like to be able to continue playing the games, over the last few versions have had this issue, sometimes it’s been there sometimes it hasn’t at all so I’m not sure what the issue is. 

9 hours ago, kertiek said:

at this point i feel like it is a waste of time reporting bugs, even when i did 6+ reports with detailed info ... i only got a vague answer in two, one of those was because i started spamming it daily until they answered. but most of the bug reports of other users dont even get an actual answer, i would rather get an "this is not a bug, ur tactics sucks" than no answer at all,  this  makes me question .. why even waste my time reporting them in the first place.

Its even worse than this like I said on the last page. I have spotted a bug related to the Indian league that I know I reported way back in 2011 (the last time I managed in India). Its not game breaking but it shouldn't be in the game as it is highly annoying and immersion breaking.

Yet here we are 9 years later and nothing has been done to fix a I imagine incredibly easy to fix bug.

Last year they released the Canadian League as a steam download. It was embarrassingly broken. The official kits etc weren't actually included in the file even though it said they were! Then if that wasn't bad enough in the second season continental qualification was broken. It was just picking a random team to qualify.

Like did zero people at SI even bother to give it the most rudimentary of once overs.

It was at that point and their constant nope the ME is fine we won't be releasing any more updates for it at the end of December when for the first time ever I stopped playing an FM and removed it from my computer never to return.

I wasn't going to buy FM21 after seeing the new features that are lets be honest not even new features and just god awful reskins of pre-existing features.

But I watched the stream and really liked the ME so took the plunge and bought it and I have to say I'm loving the ME but the UI and just constant little annoying bugs really do sap your enjoyment of the game.

The games industry really has taught consumers to not buy on release because you are usually getting a bug filed mess and in most cases not even the full game (for most games they sell you the rest as DLC - Not applicable to FM thankfully) Fm is in fact the only game I buy on release, normally I wait a year buy games at half price where I get a game thats complete and not bug filed.

Its a baffling business strategy the whole industry seems to have employed.

Edited by kiwityke

In the interests of balance, I wanted to say that I am enjoying this version.  It is understandable that some are frustrated due to things like the newgen bug, however SI have acknowledged this and are apparently working on a fix, which is great news.

I personally like the UI.  I can still review stats etc after the game which is when I would normally have done so, and I think overall the match engine is in a really good place.  The improvements in animation and the type of football being played at times are considerable.  There are obviously things that are not quite working as intended, however I am sure we will see updates to those.

The whole experience feels quicker to me, I feel like I'm more immersed and find I'm looking forward being able to play the game when I am at work, etc.  This is something that hadn't really happened in the last few versions.  I had felt like the game was loosening it's grip on me after 30 years, but now I'm sucked right back in.  

I think it's worth remembering that SI - like all companies - will have massively changed the way they operate over the last 9 months and that the pandemic is also directly to blame for a number of the bugs people are facing due to league rules/dates temporarily changing, etc.  They have said themselves that the newgen bug is influenced by the amount of players retiring in the first summer due to being without a club due to covid.  Not only that, they were quite clear early on that in an ideal world there would have been more/different new features added but this wasn't possible due to the pandemic.

People suggesting later releases are being a little bit silly if we are honest.  The game sold in record numbers in 2020, and of course the publisher will want to continue with it's yearly release schedule.  It is now industry standard that sports franchises are released in yearly cycles.  If that is good/bad in the industry in general is another conversation - SI produce the game to the deadlines agreed with the publisher at the end of the day.  After record sales, there was no way things were going to change.  Nor should they - I would rather no bugs, but I am glad I am playing the new version now rather than waiting.  If you would rather not buy it until January then that's an option you have.

SI don't want to release a version with bugs in it, and engage with us constantly about the situation & fixes.  Not only that, the community itself is so dedicated and active in identifying and helping resolve bugs - this is surely a positive.  The attitude of "I've paid for a game, why should I test it" is a little bit entitled IMO.  A number of the bugs I wouldn't know about if it wasn't for the active community because I haven't directly noticed them myself.

I feel like there is a lot of negativity on the forums at the moment.  I just want to thank SI for their hard work, their dedication in trying to resolve the issues and keeping us all updated.  I've sunk thousands of hours into the franchise over the last 30 years and I still love it - Thank you.

I didn’t buy it this year and judging by the amount of bugs ive seen reported I’ve made a good decision. Beta is over and done with.. majority of these should’ve been ironed out already.. I just feel the updates over the years haven’t been that great and are just heavily riddled with bugs. I have bought every one since 2011. Hate to say it but it’s gone the way of EA with FIFA. 

12 hours ago, kertiek said:

added to ignore list <3

Its called Xmas sales guys . Maximin time to get sales just before Xmas . Release it after Xmas is like committing suicide 

7 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

^Similar to that - convo history was punted? I guess I literally have to write down/type out what I say to who and when in notes? Yes that bookkeeping is really going to improve the immersion :-S

image.png.4a88bd5df012ae79add0b500d6df938f.png

I was looking around to see if there was a way to see conversation history.  It seems to have completely disappeared.  When you click on Discuss, your assistant or whoever gives you an indication as to what you might want to speak to them about.  I wonder if he will warn me not to praise their progress in training as it's only been a week since I last did that.  I usually leave it a month in between otherwise they get annoyed but with no conversation history, it's going to be guess work.

11 hours ago, kertiek said:

a good example is what they do in the sub for feature requests, every topic they check, they answer "reviewed", close the topic  and move it  to another subcategory inside full of  "reviewed" posts... there is no need for a complex feedback from devs or anything like that. pretty simple, there is no need for "platitudes".

There's no need for platitudes outside of the platitude you're suggesting they use?  If that's what you want, fine, but that's what it is.  

Not sure I am really enjoying FM21; at least not since the full release landed - I'd characterise my save more as one of frustration than fun. What I thought I understood of tactics from previous versions feels almost irrelevant now, trying to find an effective attacking tactics (or tactics, I understand the need to have more than one) feels impossible, as the much talked about xG keeps going up, but my actual goals scored doesn't track with it.

Defence is...fine, but when you have no faith that your multiple shots on target are going to result in actual goals, being 'fine' isn't really good enough, especially when you keep getting dummied by late goals every other flippin' match.

I'm at the point where I might uninstall and stick FM20 back on my laptop; I don't play the game to have the fun sucked out of my gaming time, which is what's happening for me at the moment.

I feel robbed once again. SI made me feel like after the disaster that was FM20, they made some really good improvements. Beta ME was great but since full release it feels more like the FM20 ME. Also, the game is still full of bugs that make it unplayable for me. How is this a problem every year? Most years it is only fine after the March update... come on man.

In case you’re wondering, my biggest worry is the new match UI. Why can’t we just have a timeline and why can’t we see who assisted the goal? FM20 wasn’t great but at least the match UI was clear. Not being able to see who assisted a goal etc. takes away all the fun for me and makes every game feel like it’s a friendly that has no effect on the rest of the season. And I beg you, please bring back the timeline. 

Edited by hagedisboy

12 minutes ago, forameuss said:

There's no need for platitudes outside of the platitude you're suggesting they use?  If that's what you want, fine, but that's what it is.  

is not what i want, is what they are already using in other parts of the forums, for platitudes i meant a " long explanation" like the other user suggested, as long as it is some kind of feedback that the reported bug was was actually read or considered its fine by me.

not every reported bug is going to be actually a bug, some of them are going to be useless noise, but as long as u get some kind of feedback similar to he system they already use in featured requests, improves the interaction between the user and their counterpart, why i mean this? i been reporting for 3 years  (since fm19) that when u use match plans u cant disable automatic substitutions, reported that in fm19, fm20 and fm21. they never fixed it, they never answered the bug reports either until i finally got the attention from si games this year, but since is a feature that not everyone uses, i dont expect to get it fixed any time soon.

1 minute ago, hagedisboy said:

I feel robbed once again. SI made me feel like after the disaster that was FM20, they made some really good improvements. Beta ME was great but since full release it feels more like the FM20 ME.

The ME is still capable of giving you the great play of the beta, but the morale and defence changes that were made seem overcooked - it's very easy to lose the morale and team coherence necessary to get even moderately good play and then you start to get ME20 flashbacks. It's like they've taken a pair of super hi-fi speakers that can reveal every nuance of the music and insisted that you listen with them wrapped in duvets.

Every so often you'll get a glimpse of what the beta was delivering, but it's pretty rare. Even with the current issues (probably solvable by turning down the effects of morale and making the 'AI' managers less passive) it's still vastly superior to the ME in FM20 a lot of the time.

I've holidayed most of my first season, checked over the manager of the month awards and my ass man was getting 2nd/3rd - I assume when you holiday he just completely takes over? But then why does it not change manager performance or anything? Like they are happy with stuff the ass man is doing but it reflects on me, but then he gets the awards.

Seems a bit inconsistent to me. Assman doing a great job though, fair play to him.

27 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Yep, and lighting has gone downhill since then too. :(

Really?  My recollection of FM18 graphics was that it was a major step backwards from FM17 and was the version marked by the invasion of picnic tables and really bright, over-saturated cartoon-y graphics that we're only now starting to get away from.

There's still a way to go on the lighting (and texturing for the stadiums), but things are definitely starting to look a bit more natural to my eye.

Edited by rp1966

Tactics tab: This only appears when comparing two players in the starting lineup or a player from a starting lineup with a player on the bench. Why can't it appear when comparing a player from a starting lineup with a player who's not even on the bench?

I'm sure this was already a thing in FM20 and it's not that big of a deal but it would be such a nice "quality of life" change for FM21 as I use this feature quite a lot. 

3f383cd5e6d422fd23702a68ee95165b.png