Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

All of my current tactics are characterised by low closing down, regrouping and counterattacking instructions. Go to my profile.... Preferred style: Gegenpressing. Righto. I'll check my job history. Nothing, despite having reached the Mexican playoff semi finals in the opening season. They're very much separate two separate seasons per year in Mexico, so that's a bug.

Go to play a game, win a penalty and up steps my central defender. Not really up for that, so I click on theĀ 'change' box that helpfully pops up and select my striker instead. Central defender takes the penalty anyway, and the option to change who takes the penalty remains on the screen for the remainder of the game, for some reason

I feel like I find a bug every few minutes. Oh, next game, another penalty but this time the box doesn't appear at all. Handy

Edited by ceefax the cat

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ceefax the cat said:

All of my current tactics are characterised by low closing down, regrouping and counterattacking instructions. Go to my profile.... Preferred style: Gegenpressing. Righto. I'll check my job history. Nothing, despite having reached the Mexican playoff semi finals in the opening season. They're very much separate two separate seasons per year in Mexico, so that's a bug.

Go to play a game, win a penalty and up steps my central defender. Not really up for that, so I click on theĀ 'change' box that helpfully pops up and select my striker instead. Central defender takes the penalty anyway, and the option to change who takes the penalty remains on the screen for the remainder of the game, for some reason

I feel like I find a bug every few minutes. Oh, next game, another penalty but this time the box doesn't appear at all. Handy

Why don't you just set your striker as your designated penalty taker?

Seen a lot of people talking about similar issues so thought Iā€™d give my two pence.

So far, Iā€™ve found it far too easy to ā€˜over achieveā€™ on this yearā€™s edition. For the beta I started a career at Sporting CP. First season, I won the league and cup double (lost in final of league cup), and lost only 1 league match all season. Was able to use my main tactic every game, home or away and regularly stuck 4 or 5 goals past benfica and Porto. Second season, I won the league and cup again. But I also reached the final of the champions league, beating Man City,Ā Real Madrid And Milan in the knockouts. I lost the final 2-1 to Juventus after getting a man sent off. This was all after selling my 2 best players in January and not replacing them - I only signed one back up striker over the course of the two seasons!

When the full game dropped,Ā I started in the bottom tier of Swedish pyramid with no experience or badges. First full season I won the league & promotion, and was top of the league in the next season before being poached by hammarby in the Allsvenskan (unrealistic?).Ā Currently won 7 of my first 8 games at Hammarby, drawing 1.Ā Again, all Coming after selling 3 first team players and not replacing them.Ā 
Ā 

The cause for this seems to be playing any form of attacking football. If I see someone saying ā€˜donā€™t play attacking, test yourself and park the busā€™, Iā€™m gonna screw. Are we at the point of playing a football management sim where you canā€™t play the style of football you like out of fear of doing unbeaten seasons with squads of bang average players?

Iā€™m a huge fan of this series, and when the game gets it right itā€™s fantastic. But I want a challenge. A genuine challenge, not simply by setting myself ridiculous parameters like only signing players born in Indonesia or players with double barrelled first names.

Ā 

If thereā€™s anything I can provide to potentially help with this I would be happy to oblige!

8 minutes ago, KOSGS1 said:

The cause for this seems to be playing any form of attacking football.

It's not. I play counter attacking and sit on comfortable first place in Belarus league with a mediocre even by local standartĀ team, overshooting all my opponents even though I don't do gegenpressing or ever go higher than balanced mentality.

Maybe SI decided to appeal to broader audience, but so far it feels a bit "arcadey", especially with how match is being presented. It's nice to be winning, but it really starts to feel a bit off

Edited by Pav_Makarov
adding details

Game became too easy;Ā we are playing online (24 players on 3 leagues with lower teams) and after 10 matches it already became a game against who uses the most bugged tactic, can find Bologna 1st in Serie A with 9 wins and 1 draw, low level striker scoring 15 goals and so on.

The fact that these tactics came out 1 week after the game distribution doesn't go on your favour too, last years people found them after months...

Until few years ago the fun was to find a balanced tactic adjusting players and instructions, now just have to use one of these bugged tactis to win, we have Bologna first in Serie A, Werder Bremen in Bundesliga with 3-4 humans on first positions without buying any big player.

You are making the game available for a greater number of people sacrificing the competition. 2 years loans and loans out of market transfer is another major cause: big teams like United, City, Bayern teams give on loan young great players to italian 3rd division teams for 2 years, sometimes without renewing the contract giving the chance to get the players for free at the end.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

It's not. I play counter attacking and sit on comfortable first place in Belarus league with a mediocre even by local standartĀ team, overshooting all my opponents even though I don't do gegenpressing or ever go higher than balanced mentality.

Maybe SI decided to appeal to broader audience, but so far it feels a bit "arcadey", especially with how match is being presented. It's nice to be winning, but it really starts to feel a bit off

I agree itā€™s starting to feel a bit off. SI has to strike a balance between realism and ability to win and progress. Itā€™s just at the moment itā€™s too easy to win and thusĀ not realistic enough. I can play Fifa career mode on semi pro if I wanna win champs league with Shrewsbury in 4 seasons!

6 minutes ago, KOSGS1 said:

I agree itā€™s starting to feel a bit off. SI has to strike a balance between realism and ability to win and progress. Itā€™s just at the moment itā€™s too easy to win and thusĀ not realistic enough. I can play Fifa career mode on semi pro if I wanna win champs league with Shrewsbury in 4 seasons!

I think somewhere it was mentioned, that SI would check the passive behaviour of AI managers, so hopefully we'll get the balance right. Game being unchallenging is a topic that's been around everywhere

16 minutes ago, KOSGS1 said:

I fear that it's only the hardcore FM fans who've been with the series for years that hate how easy the game has become. It might be just my pessimism but I think that they simply prefer to make the game easier to sell more copies. Especially that rightĀ now it's still pretty hard for people who come from FIFA, but can you imagine all those people who expect to be able to take a Championship club to CL final in 2-3 years playing for exampleĀ FM14?Ā 

1 minute ago, tkis said:

I fear that it's only the hardcore FM fans who've been with the series for years that hate how easy the game has become. It might be just my pessimism but I think that they simply prefer to make the game easier to sell more copies. Especially that rightĀ now it's still pretty hard for people who come from FIFA, but can you imagine all those people who expect to be able to take a Championship club to CL final in 2-3 years playing for exampleĀ FM14?Ā 

Of course they have to find a balance, but some things are really not that logical. The AI still does a lot of weird stuff when it comes to team building and stuff. I saw the Brexit AI and AI not attacking is gonna be fixed. I think after that we can start looking at stuff again.

The users here are hardcore FM users so I do think listening to the opinions here dont make much sense. The people here are the ones that understand most underlying mechanics.Ā 

25 minutes ago, KOSGS1 said:

Love to see that happen...Shrewsbury Town winning the Champions League after 4 seasons, any screenshots?

12 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Of course they have to find a balance, but some things are really not that logical. The AI still does a lot of weird stuff when it comes to team building and stuff. I saw the Brexit AI and AI not attacking is gonna be fixed. I think after that we can start looking at stuff again.

The users here are hardcore FM users so I do think listening to the opinions here dont make much sense. The people here are the ones that understand most underlying mechanics.Ā 

Yeah the thing is if you look at Steam for example, most reviews are positive. So while people here or on the FM subredditĀ (although the subreddit is mostly memes)Ā complain about how easy the game has become, most users will just happily take their favourite clubs on CL title winning streaks...

I would gladly play a game that has all the nice new features but tactics / match engine from a coupleĀ years back (I don't remember which FM version was the best, but they were all pretty tough to figure out)

Edited by tkis

2 ore fa, craiigman ha scritto:

822620622_Screenshot2020-12-10at09_23_23.thumb.png.9499e5b23de41e1ab6fd93d0209451d9.png

Ā 

End of season talk with the players, all that space, yet I have to scroll to see the other options..

Genuinely curious to see what is the reason behind such a UI choice, like those grey bands on side instead of placing everyhing at the same "page";Ā 
I find honestly so unintuitive at allĀ to check every player reaction (both here and during match talks).

20 hours ago, andyt365 said:

Thanks I'll try the inbox thing.Ā 

As for FIFA, Ive played football manager since champ manager 93Ā so I probably have a lot to compare. How many of you played this?

Ā 

spacer.png

This is the where i started myĀ  journey in 1993 as a 15 year old chap.. Classic.. IĀ still can remember your star player will be expected to move abroad at the end of the season.. good old daysĀ :)

56 minutes ago, hoddle1404 said:

This is the where i started myĀ  journey in 1993 as a 15 year old chap.. Classic.. IĀ still can remember your star player will be expected to move abroad at the end of the season.. good old daysĀ :)

That was such a bind!! They'd just leave every season

I remember I only ever signed one foreign player in that game & it was Gazza from <ITALY>, he was a Champ Man GodĀ 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

That was such a bind!! They'd just leave every season

I remember I only ever signed one foreign player in that game & it was Gazza from <ITALY>, he was a Champ Man GodĀ 

And there was Lineker from Grampus 8..Ā 

7 hours ago, kiwityke said:

There is easily 9 or 10 clicks per press conference. It takes 4 just to enter and leave. So if anything 30 could well be low ball. 2 press conferences alone between games would add 20+ clicks depending on the amount of questions.

A lot of bloat in FM now and pointless clicks like having to click twice to enter and leave a press conference.

I don't understand this mentality that a game is judged by how many clicks of the mouse you make. Playing a shooter someone will make even more clicks, but does that get criticised?

Maybe I am a few years odler than many here, but how is two clicks a downside? I do think a good UI is a very underrated part of game development, but two clicks is not a determent to me.

I can't test press conferences because I never get them at the club I'm at but I don't consider FM21 to have changed in this area from how to has been for a few years now.

One area that does have too many clicks, or is non-intuitive, is the creating of notes for players. This mechanic has not been changed in as longa s I recall. By now there should be a button on news items or private chats that says 'record this chat as a note'. I am highlighted to this because SI chose to remove the option to see all past chats with a player from FM21. Now I need to make notes every time I talk to a player and it is a hassle.

The week in football, between matches, is a whole different basket of fish for me though. That progression fromd ay to day, with all the happenings in a week of football, is what this game is. That is being a football manager. It is immersive to me.

I honestly believe this attitude is symbolic of a modern lifestyle. Of microwaves and mobile phones. There are many problems with the UI this year, and I have talked about it often, but overclicking is not one of them.

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

I don't understand this mentality that a game is judged by how many clicks of the mouse you make. Playing a shooter someone will make even more clicks, but does that get criticised?

Ā 

Come on man I know you are more reasonable than this. And its not even true. I play csgo and Im clicking less than in FM half of the rounds (when I instantly die)Ā so the comparison doesnt even make sense. A shooter is all about clicking. Football Manager UI serves as a purpose to get around things in the game. You want that as fast as possible.Ā 

4 minutes ago, anagain said:

but how is two clicks a downside

Because if less clicks is possible, more clicks is less desirable. You dont need to be an UI expert to understand that.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Come on man I know you are more reasonable than this. And its not even true. I play csgo and Im clicking less than in FM half of the rounds (when I instantly die)Ā so the comparison doesnt even make sense. A shooter is all about clicking. Football Manager UI serves as a purpose to get around things in the game. You want that as fast as possible.Ā 

Because if less clicks is possible, more clicks is less desirable. You dont need to be an UI expert to understand that.Ā 

It is two! Two clicks? How can that be too many? Farting takes more energy.

It is two! Two clicks? How can that be too many? Farting takes more energy

Imagine getting the same, for example, on your working interface (CRM, dev. console etc). You'll be mad as hell. And FM isĀ one big CRM with a simulation mechanics

Besides it's not two clicks, when you play for couple hours you make tons of extra steps, that could have been easily avoided, and wereĀ easily avoided before. It's basic UX course

In my holidays simulated saves I can see that top veteran players as Ronaldo, Hazard , Modric finish theirs contracts and nobody sign them, so they finally finish their careers.

Im not sure about if it can be an issue but I find very strange that clubs are not interested in top veteran free players (Ronaldo had scored about 17 goals and 10 assist in his last season).

9 minutes ago, pejocho said:

In my holidays simulated saves I can see that top veteran players as Ronaldo, Hazard , Modric finish theirs contracts and nobody sign them, so they finally finish their careers.

Im not sure about if it can be an issue but I find very strange that clubs are not interested in top veteran free players (Ronaldo had scored about 17 goals and 10 assist in his last season).

This sounds like a long-standing issue (affects managers too) - FM does not have good a mechanismĀ to make these players accept that they need to set their sights lower in terms of club reputation and wage demands. There needs to be something that kicks in so that if there is nothing suitable after half a season demands start to drop.Ā  If there was a short-term reputation as well as a long-term reputation, then this could drop dramatically for players out of the limelight and contract demands adjusted based on that.

As I mentioned, this also happens with managers, I've seen it numerous times in previous versions of the game that Mourinho or Pep gets sacked, but never manages anywhere else again because the game can't recalibrate wage and club reputation demands.

Basically reputation is fatally flawed as it it only deals with someone's history, not the now,

Ā 

Edited by rp1966

23 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

And if its two clicks when one is needed? Why two? You doubled the clicks for no reason.Ā 

In the interests of experiementation I just happened to get a press conference option to welcome a new signing. I don't normally do them for free signings, but thought I'dĀ look at it screen by screen.

We start, of course, with the notification in my inbox that a press conference can be signed. I didn't take an image of that, but that is stage 1.

One click from my inbox page takes me to Step 2 >

Step 2 : The introduction to say welcome to everyone.

FM21_PC_1.thumb.png.74517573765fccfa6f629a290dec3648.png

One click to Step 3 (2 clicks so far)

Step 3: First Question.

FM21_PC_2.thumb.png.27cf389e7bcdadc79a8ad770667caa60.png

One click for my answer (3 clicks) and on to next question. I didn't screenshot all the questions. I believe there were 5 or 6 so let's call that another 6 clicks. We're up to 9 clicks. At the end of the questions we have step 4, the conference is over.

Step 4 : Goodbye

FM21_PC_3.thumb.png.8563522cbc9cb655b08bf8f2cb56d224.png

And one more click to take us to the summary (10 clicks)

Step 5: Summary

FM21_PC_4.thumb.png.f433babd6dc45b87459d95c6135cd712.png

Then we click once more (11) to take us back to the inbox.

In the interests of completeness some PCs will have the option to have body language. Clicking body language and an answer might add 8 clicks. Let's say 20 clicks as an outside margin. Hell, I'll even go as high as 25. What's 5 clicks between friends? I'm generous

Many will argue we don't need the welcome and we don't need the end of conference and an extra click to summary. Maybe the summary can be in the inbox.

Congratulations you have just saved 3 clicks. Have back those 3 seconds to do whatever you want with.

I don't get the complaint. Granted I lived before smart phones, TV remotes and microwave pizza or chips.:Bowen:

In Bullseye they had to wait for the board to revolve. Today it'd be instant. How did we cope?

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by anagain

3 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Another day goes by, no feedback from SI.....Ā 

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them were on holiday - quite common for developers to take a break after the crunch of a major release.

Ā 

Iā€™m struggling with the UI/UX on the team talks and press conference screens, my eyes feels like theyā€™re bouncing all over the screen as Iā€™m not sure where to look, also feels like thereā€™s an extra click in there now too at the end.

If you look in the skinning forum and other FM sites, it looks like Iā€™m not the only one struggling to adapt to it, as people are crying out for a MOD, if itā€™s even possible.

Match day feels a little like that too, Iā€™ve only played a couple of matches but Iā€™m genuinely struggling to find all the information I want in-game, and keep hitting pause whilst searching, slowing down my experience. The info panels before, HT and full time feel like theyā€™ve gone backwards from FM20 too. You should just go all out TV package if thatā€™s why you want and design it so itā€™s perfect.

No idea why some teams have wierd Ā abbreviations in the match scoreboard either, either make them 3 letters like on TV or the full team name, no some strange abbreviation in lowercase.

Edited by stevemc

8 hours ago, teknokryptik said:

Feels silly to wait that long to see the shout take effect, especially because it no longer applied to the match situation (and there's no option to cancel a shout).

The shouts take effect immediately (pay attention to players' morale on the bottom tray, it will change immediately), it's only the notification that's late.

There are quite a few bugs with notifications, sometimes I get notified to substitute an injured opposition player. Sometimes it wants me to sub an outfield player for the keeper etc.

Edited by goranm

7 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Another day goes by, no feedback from SI.....Ā 

That's not strictly true, is it? I replied to a bug report yesterday and I experimented with my own game to tryĀ to recreate the bug.

I provided detailed feedback and a video to show what I was doing. I got a like from a dev and a reply to say thanks and that SI had logged it.

Shall we ask them to personally take time out of trying to quash bugs to come on here, bow and and say exactly what they have been doing?

A little bit of patience is all that is needed.

I personally am not perfectly happy with some aspects of FM21. I actually said some months back that i would be happy for SI to forego FM21 in favour of making FM22 the best it could be. The reason for this was covid and the impact that pandemic has had on video game development. I said that there is often enough fallout, rudeness and impatience around FM anyway, so why put even more on themselves when 2020 has been hell?

SI came through anyway. They came through with what has been hailed as the best ME engine of FM's history. The UI is ropey, but it is clear they have made a number of changes and almost seemingly from scratch.

I didn't want to see the fallout should there be a few downsides from covid, but I think SI have done great for such an interupted year.

Let's give these people, that work long hard hours to bring us such a fantastic series, a break. Let's thank them rather than criticising and being damn impatient.

Think about it from your own perspective. You work hard on a project for someone. Life has its ups and downs and your client bugs you every minute of every day about the project. You think 'can't you just let me finish?'.

A little respect goes a long way.

1 minute ago, potbellypigs said:

This may have been asked before, but has the option to view latest scores and league tables gone from the match screen?

You can access that information in the match-day tablet

Edited by goranm

3 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Too bad that SI gave us the best ME ever but the worst UI ever.

I like some of the changes. I love the backgrounds for meetings, press conferences and team talks. I think they add a wonderful layer of immersion.

There are potential issues with the layout of some of these. When managing a small team there can be a lot of room on the page. Player faces can be too small also. Some enlragement of parts of these new windows could be warranted.

I also feel there could be an option to have maybe the journalist panel be moveable down the page to be closer to the questions. I posted on this in beta.

On the team talk page I would like to see more information. I want to see time of substitutions and a mouseover of who replaced who. I also would like to see fitness on this screen. I am going fromĀ memory but I am slo not sure if yellows are on that screen. They should be.

@GOODNAMEIt is all well and good saying the ME is great but the UI is the worst. It's not constructive feedback though. Extrapolate. There's no word limit.

59 minutes ago, anagain said:

Maybe I am a few years odler than many here, but how is two clicks a downside? I do think a good UI is a very underrated part of game development, but two clicks is not a determent to me.

I can't test press conferences because I never get them at the club I'm at but I don't consider FM21 to have changed in this area from how to has been for a few years now.

One area that does have too many clicks, or is non-intuitive, is the creating of notes for players. This mechanic has not been changed in as longa s I recall. By now there should be a button on news items or private chats that says 'record this chat as a note'. I am highlighted to this because SI chose to remove the option to see all past chats with a player from FM21. Now I need to make notes every time I talk to a player and it is a hassle.

The week in football, between matches, is a whole different basket of fish for me though. That progression fromd ay to day, with all the happenings in a week of football, is what this game is. That is being a football manager. It is immersive to me.

I honestly believe this attitude is symbolic of a modern lifestyle. Of microwaves and mobile phones. There are many problems with the UI this year, and I have talked about it often, but overclicking is not one of them.

I'm nearly 40 myself.

The 2 clicks to enter and exit the press conferences are symptomatic of the bafflingly awful UI choices and add nothing to my immersion.

In fact they actively take away from it making me entirely conscious of the fact I'm having to do extra mouse clicks where 1 used to suffice.

Sometimes I click twice in answer 2 questions then click twice out. Thats 4 clicks to get just 2 clicks of immersion.

People calling you outside of press conferences is the same. Used to be a news item you could 1 click to answer. Now I have to click in sometimes scroll down because not all the answers fit into the tiny pop out box. Then click once out again.

Its just awful immersion breaking UI design. I guess someone at SI though it would be like answering the phone and just like answering the phone its annoying as all hell.

Now get off my lawn you young uns.

7 minutes ago, kingking said:

The Youth Intake bug is very disappointing , not currently playing FM unfortunately because of it

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Definitely disappointing. But donā€™t let it putĀ you off playing. If you can manage to load up a decent number of playable nations you will be fine for a good few years. It starts to become noticeable after about 5 years.Ā SI have said the fix is save game compatible. Hopefully the fix is coming soon. Maybe you would of done a couple of seasons by the time they release it and you never notice the problemĀ 

Maybe someone can help me with this. I haven't seen this mentioned and as I am using a skin I wanted some feedback before I think about bugging.

FM21_recruitmentmeeting_addnotworking.thumb.png.2846723ab38595dd45fe41a65a22089d.png

I see an add button on add a new agenda point but I can not utilise it. Is this something that occurs with the base skin too?

I can't change skin whilst in the meeting to test it.

Just now, anagain said:

I see an add button on add a new agenda point but I can not utilise it. Is this something that occurs with the base skin too?

It looks like you haven't chosen a position to which the add new agenda point would apply. Select the position first and then click add.

30 minutes ago, anagain said:

In the interests of experiementation I just happened to get a press conference option to welcome a new signing. I don't normally do them for free signings, but thought I'dĀ look at it screen by screen.

We start, of course, with the notification in my inbox that a press conference can be signed. I didn't take an image of that, but that is stage 1.

One click from my inbox page takes me to Step 2 >

Step 2 : The introduction to say welcome to everyone.

FM21_PC_1.thumb.png.74517573765fccfa6f629a290dec3648.png

One click to Step 3 (2 clicks so far)

Step 3: First Question.

FM21_PC_2.thumb.png.27cf389e7bcdadc79a8ad770667caa60.png

One click for my answer (3 clicks) and on to next question. I didn't screenshot all the questions. I believe there were 5 or 6 so let's call that another 6 clicks. We're up to 9 clicks. At the end of the questions we have step 4, the conference is over.

Step 4 : Goodbye

FM21_PC_3.thumb.png.8563522cbc9cb655b08bf8f2cb56d224.png

And one more click to take us to the summary (10 clicks)

Step 5: Summary

FM21_PC_4.thumb.png.f433babd6dc45b87459d95c6135cd712.png

Then we click once more (11) to take us back to the inbox.

In the interests of completeness some PCs will have the option to have body language. Clicking body language and an answer might add 8 clicks. Let's say 20 clicks as an outside margin. Hell, I'll even go as high as 25. What's 5 clicks between friends? I'm generous

Many will argue we don't need the welcome and we don't need the end of conference and an extra click to summary. Maybe the summary can be in the inbox.

Congratulations you have just saved 3 clicks. Have back those 3 seconds to do whatever you want with.

I don't get the complaint. Granted I lived before smart phones, TV remotes and microwave pizza or chips.:Bowen:

In Bullseye they had to wait for the board to revolve. Today it'd be instant. How did we cope?

Ā 

Ā 

Step 2 the second click offers nothing game wise.Ā Literally but an extra click and thats constant. When u are a big club that adds up to thousands of extra clicks. Literally hundreds extra per season. Just that one pointless welcome screen.

Its immersion breaking I don't need the same canned pleasantry 200 times.

Its just an utterly pointless click and absolutely symptomatic of the awful Ui choices made this year.

5 minutes ago, kiwityke said:

I'm nearly 40 myself.

The 2 clicks to enter and exit the press conferences are symptomatic of the bafflingly awful UI choices and add nothing to my immersion.

In fact they actively take away from it making me entirely conscious of the fact I'm having to do extra mouse clicks where 1 used to suffice.

Sometimes I click twice in answer 2 questions then click twice out. Thats 4 clicks to get just 2 clicks of immersion.

People calling you outside of press conferences is the same. Used to be a news item you could 1 click to answer. Now I have to click in sometimes scroll down because not all the answers fit into the tiny pop out box. Then click once out again.

Its just awful immersion breaking UI design. I guess someone at SI though it would be like answering the phone and just like answering the phone its annoying as all hell.

Now get off my lawn you young uns.

I still don't understand the logic that says saving two clicks is a massive bonus. I think the welcome is a nice touch that adds immersion, and I fully understand that not everyone is fully needing of immersion in the way that I am in games. I would have no issue is the summary was instant after the last question, or if it was moved to the inbox.

Granted I am someone that still does all my screenshots the old fashioned way. I will prtscn, paste to paint, snip and save. I like to see the stages. And I take a lot of screenshots because I write up my saves in career updates.

I just don't see the issue here. I probably never will.

Maybe someone can help me with this. I haven't seen this mentioned and as I am using a skin I wanted some feedback before I think about bugging.

FM21_recruitmentmeeting_addnotworking.thumb.png.2846723ab38595dd45fe41a65a22089d.png

I can't change skin whilst in the meeting to test it.

Press the position on the pitch then the add button becomes click able.

See extra pointless clicks...awful UI...hung by your own petard.

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

I still don't understand the logic that says saving two clicks is a massive bonus. I think the welcome is a nice touch that adds immersion, and I fully understand that not everyone is fully needing of immersion in the way that I am in games. I would have no issue is the summary was instant after the last question, or if it was moved to the inbox.

Granted I am someone that still does all my screenshots the old fashioned way. I will prtscn, paste to paint, snip and save. I like to see the stages. And I take a lot of screenshots because I write up my saves in career updates.

I just don't see the issue here. I probably never will.

I do my screenshots that way too.

Like I said above seeing the same canned pleasantry literally probably 150 times in a season (2 press conferences per game around 70 games per season plus extra) if I get all the way in the cups is really immersion breaking for me personally.

1 minute ago, kiwityke said:

Press the position on the pitch then the add button becomes click able.

See extra pointless clicks...awful UI...hung by your own petard.

Thank you, and not really.Ā :D

I want to suggest a new FB(R). At some point I have to do an extra click to point to which position I am bringing up. In the case of the game at present that is before. Alternatively I could click add and then I would still have to suggest it is FB(R) I am looking for. Either way I have to click on the position.

That's an interesting saying, but I think it is technically hoisted or hoist with your own petard. Granted I had to look it up.

I will argue that the screen that confused me was not really intuitive though. I might bug that as feedback, though I suspect it has been.

I do appreciate you filling me in on that though.

29 minutes ago, anagain said:

Shall we ask them to personally take time out of trying to quash bugs to come on here, bow and and say exactly what they have been doing?

Who's suggesting that? What I'm suggesting is that they provide a little more clarity on matters, especially given my save is at a complete halt till the youth intake bug is fixed.Ā 

It's been a week now since the update that hasn't worked, so some understanding of where they're at is useful, rather than complete radio silence.Ā