Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

11 hours ago, Snootch said:

Is anyone seeing quite a few missed penalties? Across 4 different teams and saves, I would venture to guess about roughly a 75% miss rate on the user side. I basically expect them to be saved when given at this point. (small sample size admittedly)

My left back has converted 16 of 18 penalties this season. 

He has a penalty taking attribute of 6. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, match-odds, have they totally gone? They were under schedule, you could check your next fixture & you'd have the match odds, I'm sure it was in beta, now there's nothing. Just wondering if it's a thing with the skin I'm using.

I hate not having match odds, I'm managing in a league I'm unfamiliar with & have no idea if I have a good chance or I'm expected to get murdered in the next match. I'm not checking the table & form & all that when I've never had to before 

22 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

how do i find the TV money or financial stuffs i will get if my team gets promoted? i click under 'rules' but it's not there.

It's only there during the season because it's not static in value and changes in line with stuff like reputation and possibly inflation too. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's only there during the season because it's not static in value and changes in line with stuff like reputation and possibly inflation too. 

what you mean only there during the season? which screen exactly to access this information? i remember previous FM we are able to see the TV money that teams are expected to recieve.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Hmm, match-odds, have they totally gone? They were under schedule, you could check your next fixture & you'd have the match odds, I'm sure it was in beta, now there's nothing. Just wondering if it's a thing with the skin I'm using.

I hate not having match odds, I'm managing in a league I'm unfamiliar with & have no idea if I have a good chance or I'm expected to get murdered in the next match. I'm not checking the table & form & all that when I've never had to before 

They are still there but hidden away in the media write up before the game the press officer sends. Ya know the one nobody ever reads or even I imagine glances at...

11 minutes ago, kiwityke said:

They are still there but hidden away in the media write up before the game the press officer sends. Ya know the one nobody ever reads or even I imagine glances at...

Nice one, found it & you're right, that's a screen I skip right past 

Le 04/12/2020 à 23:24, Kingstontom88 a dit :

Is anyone else experiencing issues with shouts? I make one and it doesn't happen for ages - every time it seems to come after the next highlight which in some cases is too late as we concede.

Last few games I make a shout on minute 83/84 and it doesn't appear until the final highlight when the final whistle goes.

I noticed the players changing attitude almost immediately after I confirm the shout, but the pop-up takes a long time to show. So maybe its just a delay thing I suppose.

2 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

I have scored 4 from IDFKs and 2 from DFK's. What I have yet to see is the Free Kick taker scoring the goal. 

You've scored 2 goals from a direct free kick, but have never seen the free kick taker scoring the goal? :confused:

Considering some of the posts that have been made in the last week, I'd just remind people of the forum rules. Sure you can like or dislike certain things about the new game, everyone is going to have preferences or run into things that annoy them, and constructive criticism about that stuff is great. What isn't appreciated is some of the really horrible comments being made by some people about the devs themselves, and that ****'s not cool. You might not like a design decision, but keep your feedback about that, not whether the UI devs should be sacked or personal rubbish like that. 

Whilst we can understand sometimes users get frustrated with their game (last minute goals conceded, manager sackings and the like) we would appreciate it if users could remember a few important things when posting on our forums:

When providing critical feedback, where possible please try and keep it constructive. This helps us help you.
- We understand that sometimes people need to let off some steam, but when doing so we can only try and make things better if we know the cause of complaint. Try and provide details of specific areas where you think things can be improved and why you may not like a certain part of the game when providing feedback. 

Bugs are best raised on the Bug Forums
- If you're posting on an area of the forum, it's worth asking yourself "is what I'm posting a bug"? If it is, please try to raise it via our bugs forum, that way our QA team can investigate. 

Remember when you talk about SI, you're talking about real people who read these forums.
- In the past we've read things like: "SI are idiots", "Did the QA team even test this game" and "whoever is responsible for this should be sacked" and more. These forums were set up to be a way where our development team can engage directly with the community on a whole host of issues. Over time unfortunately the frequency our developers post has dropped considerably due to the types of comments above. Please bear in mind when you're making comments in regards to the game that the people who created it are likely reading. Keep things civil and above all respectful. Failure to do so means we may be forced to edit or remove your post. Continued failure to do so will lead to warnings and infractions. 

The Moderating team are here to help
- The moderators are unpaid volunteers and provide support and help because they're extremely passionate about the game. They're not told to walk a company line, nor are they told to convince anyone who doesn't like the game the reasons why they should. They try to use their knowledge of the game to help people, to engage in debate and to make sure misinformation doesn't spread. Please remember when engaging with them that they're trying to help and deserve to be shown respect like everyone else. 

Is there any news regarding the game optimization on Nvidia boards (balance and match engine optimization) being work for future hot fixes?

What I would most like to see in this FM 2021 (and I saw it in the beta):
- Passes that destroy the opposing defense
- More foul goals Fewer crosses cut by the defense (player reaches the bottom line and does not dribble or cross quickly)
- More goals dribbling the goalkeeper
-  Directly fewer red cards
- Fewer penalty goals in abundance
- More tables (short quick passes)
- More varied dribbling

I think this FM 2021 was an improvement on the 20, I hope there are no problems with future patches!

Just tried to give my playmaker an individual team talk at half time. Now, where is he? 3 across the top of the screen - are they team leaders, why are they there? Anyway, playmaker not there. Seems like 7 subs down the right side, so he must be on the left. Oh, wait, no - only 7 players on the left and no scrolling option so I can only speak to 10 players. 

UI seems to be actively working against the player in many ways this release.

It's good to see a lot of unnecessary stuff has been removed from extended highlights, but I'm barely getting anything to watch now. I can play a game and only have one highlight to watch in the first half, despite being on extended, and despite there being 8/9 shots across both teams.

Could extended highlights not have a bit more added to them? I feel like I'm barely seeing any of the game at the moment.

I know I could move up to comprehensive but in previous years extended was perfect for normal games, with comprehensive being nice for cup finals and to get a better look at new tactics.

4 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

For the second time, I've having to say this, I am not talking about my personal team, I am talking about every team in the league. Second, I am not referencing DFKs or IDFKs. I have scored 4 from IDFKs and 2 from DFK's. What I have yet to see is the Free Kick taker scoring the goal. 

In the Premier League, there have been 6 goals scored by the set piece taker. 3 of them being from James Ward-Prowse. So, I'm not sure who's on 11 games, but that means around 100 games have been played and 6 goals scored from a set piece taker.

I am at 220 games played and not a single goal scored by a set piece taker. Potentially it could go the entire season of 380 games without a goal by a player standing over a free kick. 

Do ya get it now?

am in the year 2027 in my save, i did understand ur statment ... but  u decided to answer like a moron, good luck with the attitude. also ur ignored now

Edited by kertiek

4 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

It's good to see a lot of unnecessary stuff has been removed from extended highlights, but I'm barely getting anything to watch now. I can play a game and only have one highlight to watch in the first half, despite being on extended, and despite there being 8/9 shots across both teams.

Could extended highlights not have a bit more added to them? I feel like I'm barely seeing any of the game at the moment.

I know I could move up to comprehensive but in previous years extended was perfect for normal games, with comprehensive being nice for cup finals and to get a better look at new tactics.

And without being able to go into analysis screens to see average positions etc. etc. - quite often you have no idea how your tactic is working!

2 minutes ago, duesouth said:

And without being able to go into analysis screens to see average positions etc. etc. - quite often you have no idea how your tactic is working!

Exactly! That's what prompted this post. I've just switched to a new tactic, used it for the first time and had one chance in the first half to have a look at it and that's it.

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

Is anyone able to get the recording of goals to work?

I recorded a goal from a match and got a pop up to say the recording would be available to upload later. But I can't find the recording anywhere.

I am sure that in FM20 the recording was in my Sports Interactive folder.

11 minutes ago, anagain said:

Is anyone able to get the recording of goals to work?

I recorded a goal from a match and got a pop up to say the recording would be available to upload later. But I can't find the recording anywhere.

I am sure that in FM20 the recording was in my Sports Interactive folder.

Nope. It's one of my main issues with the game right now. I posted a bug report during the beta and another on Thursday but am still waiting for SI to respond.

Just now, CFuller said:

Nope. It's one of my main issues with the game right now. I posted a bug report during the beta and another on Thursday but am still waiting for SI to respond.

Ok, thanks. Glad it's not just me.

I tried to sign in via You Tube to upload footage there but when I signed it I got a pop up to say the app hadn't been verified by Google and I couldn't therefore sign in.

I guess I could record footage with Nvidia, but I don't really want all the screen, just the goal as in video uploads in the past.

I'll bump.

Il 4/12/2020 in 20:42 , jeff.fit82 ha scritto:

Hey guys, how can i get rid of this pop-up in every match, when someone score a goal, or there's a change in the Table?

In the last FM's, we had a clearly option, to deactivate that...

but now, in FM21...i cant find it

Can someone help me with that?

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 15.46.30.jpeg

This. Losing what happens on the pitch to know a goal has been scored somewhere without even the option to disable it, forcing to zoom out... what a nonsense.

13 ore fa, upthetoon ha scritto:

great post. I've never really given my feedback on the gestures as not much is also mentioned here.

Also in my opinion, the 'gestures' feature is indeed complete utter nonsense. As anyone actually seen a press conference on TV? The TV angle are almost always a portrait shot where their hands can't be seen. Who actually flails their arms and hands all over the place when answering questions from the press? The feature is completely ridiculous and redundant. Please go to youtube and watch the official pre-match conferences and tunnel interviews. Where are their hands if not usually clasp infront? If you are going to introduce 'body language' into the game, then where is the 'Shrugging of shoulders'? it's one of the most commonly noticeable human body language when tough and unfavorable questions are asked.

On top of the already needless clicking all over, they introduced the useless gestures features to have even more clicking. The terrible UI just makes matters worse.

The gestures feature is a horribly misguided and executed attempt at introducing something new to the series. It is one of the worst - or the worst -new feature to have been ever introduced to the series.

Absolutely agree. I tried to use it during first hours and noted that reactions are quite identical, moreover translation or relation between gesture and speech is so generally inaccurate and you notice it by what text remains "available" when you select the gesture.

I'm starting to ask myself what is the sense of having a feedback thread if the so high % of posts describing poor choices, nonsenses and bugs of this new UI gets completely ignored.

Edited by LolloViola

Anyone else having the issue where fixtures aren't reversed over a season? I.e. you'll play the same time twice at home in the league in a season, instead of one home one away.

Can you drop a post in here if you are... It seems to be limited to beta-started saves but is game-breaking...

Edited by Eddie Boop

14 minutes ago, Eddie Boop said:

Anyone else having the issue where fixtures aren't reversed over a season? I.e. you'll play the same time twice at home in the league in a season, instead of one home one away.

Can you drop a post in here if you are... It seems to be limited to beta-started saves but is game-breaking...

It'll possibly be similar to this:

Unforetunately some bug fixes only work on new saves. 

Edited by anagain

Does anybode else sees as little goals from set-pieces as me? Every game I have a wonder goal with a long pass from DM or CD for 1vs1, but it's been a very long time (or not at all, idk where do I look for goal types in FM 21) that I've seen a set-piece goal. 

Also, recruitment meetings and board vision can be absolutely hilarious ths year. I have 0 for transfers and 0 in salary fund, can't prolong a single contract (cause board vision is staying within budget) and can't sign anyone, but board keeps on having meetings to suggest new signings, because "we can lose players in the last year of contracts" AND unhappy with me for not signing young players. How the hell am I suppose to sign them? Persuade to play for food?

It's a catch 22 all over. Stay within budget, but please DO sign us some youngsters.

What do you think is this a bug topic material or nah?

52 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

Also, recruitment meetings and board vision can be absolutely hilarious ths year. I have 0 for transfers and 0 in salary fund, can't prolong a single contract (cause board vision is staying within budget) and can't sign anyone, but board keeps on having meetings to suggest new signings, because "we can lose players in the last year of contracts" AND unhappy with me for not signing young players. How the hell am I suppose to sign them? Persuade to play for food?

It's a catch 22 all over. Stay within budget, but please DO sign us some youngsters.

What do you think is this a bug topic material or nah?

It is not, it´s called Budget management, if they are in the last year of contract, you can sign players for the next season, having them ready to step when the other players go, but if you just want to hoard 40 players, then that´s not gonna work.

6 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Is there a way to stop my Touchline Tablet switching Formations from opposition to mine every other game? That wasn't happening in previous FMs, once you set it to opposition, it stayed that way regardless of whether you were playing home or away. :seagull: @Neil Brock

thought I had one too many to drink the other night when this way happening! glad it isn't just me!

On 04/12/2020 at 18:46, Nick_CB said:

Can anyone answer me if the heat map is on the improvement list? I can't accurately identify my players' individual positioning, the heat map doesn't make any sense

Really want an answer to this.

You can have xG back, I really don't care for it, I just want my more functional data analytics back.

41 minutes ago, ai2ker said:

Because it is echoed throughout this whole thread and thankfully your bootlicking supplicance is less frequent. Since you feel entitled to be so critical of me, make me your case. What about the UI overhaul is superior? I'm open minded. 

Why is it that when someone likes something in FM they are labelled a bootlicking supplicant, but not liking is open minded? And yet you criticise that you believe someone is being critical of you.

I agree that the reply to you wasn't incredibly constructive, but all you are now doing is getting in a slanging match and helping no one. You, and @Haiku.

There are bits of the UI that are fine and bits that are not good, but overall I do feel the UI is lacking this year. It is not lacking because things such as the timeline are missing. It's lacking because FM20's UI seems to have been ripped up and SI appear to have started again. They've then ended up with a UI that misses aspects of past UIs a-plenty. I think there is a lack of appreciation for UIs in games. A good UI is so incredibly important for any game and I feel SI seem to have done wrong in seeming to almost start again.

- No way to view past conversations with players.

- No timeline (whether you like that, or not - I'm fine with it)

- no weather or attendance on the match screens

- team talk screen is missing various pieces of information such as fitness

- lack of ability to move back and forth between tactics and team talk in matches (I seem to be able to do so using the backspace key in my game, but I am unsure if that is because of the skin I am using or whether SI fixed that)

I might be very wrong about SI 'starting again'' but it just feels to me like that is what has been done.

Edited by anagain

To follow up my last post, there are, of course, positive aspects to the UI this year.

- I very much like the new backing screens for chats, team talks and press conferences. They are lovely.

- I like the new ideas for the above three areas. I like the way players are lined up in team talks, as if they are crowded around you.

- I would like mouseovers for players that have been subbed off/who replaced whom on the team talk screen. I find I have to rely on memory regarding when a player went off. I like to tell players why they went off.

- I love the new analysis options, such as new graphs and areas of feedback.

- One thing I will say for press conferences or meetings etc is that sometimes individual items in the UI could be enlargened a little. This is especially so for player meetings that are centered in the middle of the new office backing screens with a lot of empty space.

- As I mentioned at some point (probably back in beta now) for smaller clubs, with few journalists at press conferences, the option to drag the participants closer to the questions (so that the two sections are not detached) would be nice.

So, as much as I think there are UI problems, there are also areas of the UI that are looking better. It is clear that SI have decided to work on certain things. I very much understand that it is as a result of change that the UI may be suffering in some areas. We all have to remember this covid year has pressed SI hard and that change is a work in progress.

I am sure that SI take on board what we write, as long as it is constructive. As madsheep says bickering doesn't help. It can be frustrating when you think you are posting reasonable reuqests and you don't think they've been noticed, but we do have to remember that SI can't respond to everything. Patience is key.

Keep the faith.

7 ore fa, Zemahh ha scritto:

Is there a way to stop my Touchline Tablet switching Formations from opposition to mine every other game? That wasn't happening in previous FMs, once you set it to opposition, it stayed that way regardless of whether you were playing home or away. :seagull: @Neil Brock

and the funny thing is that when you play at home your team is on the away side and viceversa. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Has anyone seen this before? 

404ffe6ca6b21920cd07de1383424a68.png

It looks like it's a PPM, but it's a bit different. It's an off-field PPM if that makes sense. And it hasn't got a name? :confused:

I'd bug that Jimbo. It looks like the news item has snipped out a name.

It does look like you are using a skin though (the colour). Have you tried reverting to the base UI to see if the message is different? I have noticed some errors with early iterations of skins.

Apologies if that is the base skin. I just don't recall the grey.

Just now, anagain said:

It does look like you are using a skin though (the colour). Have you tried reverting to the base UI to see if the message is different? I have noticed some errors with early iterations of skins.

That's a good idea, (reverting the skin), but what I mean has anyone seen that PPM/trait before (with that explanation)?

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

That's a good idea, (reverting the skin), but what I mean has anyone seen that PPM/trait before (with that explanation)?

Sorry, I did mean to say that I have never seen that particular description before. The bit about prolonging a career did seem new.

7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Has anyone seen this before? 

404ffe6ca6b21920cd07de1383424a68.png

It looks like it's a PPM, but it's a bit different. It's an off-field PPM if that makes sense. And it hasn't got a name? :confused:

3 minutes ago, anagain said:

No change when I revert the skin. 

bd6126b18ce1328b62544eb3befbc964.png

Even if the name is added, this isn't a trait that I have ever seen before. Have SI released info on new traits? 

No change when I revert the skin. 

bd6126b18ce1328b62544eb3befbc964.png

Even if the name is added, this isn't a trait that I have ever seen before. Have SI released info on new traits? 

I have a vague memory of them talking about something in that stream they did with Miles. I don't recall any specific mention of traits, but they've often said they've worked closer with a lot of people in football to make things more authentic.

This case would appear to be something like 'super fit', or some better word that isn't coming to me at the moment. Maybe the opposite of injury prone. The fact that it is a mentored trait would suggest something such as 'looks after himself'.

The new user interface doesn't stop you from managing your team, there's just less information that is all. Of course i want to view league table, opposing instructions, match ratings with the click of a button but it no means breaks the game for me, its just an inconvenience that is all.

5 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

The new user interface doesn't stop you from managing your team, there's just less information that is all. Of course i want to view league table, opposing instructions, match ratings with the click of a button but it no means breaks the game for me, its just an inconvenience that is all.

Less or broken information as many people have reported so far. I'm just gonna hope a Christmas patch fixes stuff like that. The new UI might be less good, but stuff like broken stats here and there is more annoying. That should be priority before they adjust the UI. 

1 minute ago, Double0Seven said:

Less or broken information as many people have reported so far. I'm just gonna hope a Christmas patch fixes stuff like that. The new UI might be less good, but stuff like broken stats here and there is more annoying. That should be priority before they adjust the UI. 

If you can tag me into some of the more urgent looking ones I'll try and get some si replies

I know that it's said that ME wasn't touched from beta to full release, but I feel that the more I play, the more it looks like I'm playing with the FM20 ME, it's really weird. It's getting rare to see a central play goal and more and more wing play happening. Let's take a look at this two separate save files from the same save I'm doing with Inter, specifically assists and goals type. The tactic remained unchanged.

Save file date - 26/11/20 (only two days after full version and I only played a few matches after release there, so was basically beta version games):

884519742_tipoassbeta.jpg.d7c3f9869830c669ae9d9d82e5e45306.jpg   320133641_golosbeta.jpg.d424e8f80d75c232e89cb2c05a4a0000.jpg

Save file date - 7/12/20:

355345267_tipoass.jpg.4da3452424630fb6b19073a33e51d78e.jpg  golso.jpg.67076244165128ad5747fb921afaf247.jpg

As you can see, there's is a notorious difference, much more crosses. I'd really like to believe that there were no ME changes, but honestly, it's hard to believe that.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, because I know that there were no direct ME changes, but It's my experience from the many games I've played in these past days.

I'd like to know if anyone else noticed the same thing?

Edited by mikcheck