Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, blejdek said:

Is there something wrong with attacking corners ?? In 3 seasons I am in my save, I only scored 3 from attacking corners. All three happened in first season and a half. Which means I didnt score from a corner in 1,5 years. 

Anyone else experiencing something similar? I really dont know what could be going wrong.

Definitely not an issue with my game- my DCs are regularly getting 10-15 goals a season from corners, mostly from attacking the near post.

54 minutos atrás, FrazT disse:

Definitely not an issue with my game- my DCs are regularly getting 10-15 goals a season from corners, mostly from attacking the near post.

My Dcs have a very high goal average too, is it a game problem? I don't think it's normal Dcs to have an average of goals almost equal to Strikers

2 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

My Dcs have a very high goal average too, is it a game problem? I don't think it's normal Dcs to have an average of goals almost equal to Strikers

Difficult to be sure one way or the other- if you have the right combination of Dcs with the right attributes and takers who are accurate then in a 60+ game season that number of goals may not be out of the ordinary.

9 hours ago, blejdek said:

I see, its really strange, as my 2cds and 1am all have 15+ in jumping, heading and bravery, but there is freakin no goals from corners. I even do training sessions for set piece delivery, attacking corners but nothing. 

I cant find another solution than bug haha

I score plenty goals from Corners, make sure you are aiming the corners to the area where your best headers are.

2 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

I score plenty goals from Corners, make sure you are aiming the corners to the area where your best headers are.

I  use to think that until i read up on it and found in real life its relatively low 

dTxQz.png.3aae26a01a353e81ccb7baefb437c4be.png

18 hours ago, kingjericho said:

It took me until October 2035 to see the following VAR event happen:

"The referee saw nothing wrong! Goal awarded!"

I had it already three times and guess for which side was goal corrected.

Not mine ofc. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I am trying now new positioning from attacking corners. Having my best jumping header always at the place where my set piecer will be aiming for, hoping for the best. Because i quite often do around 10 corners a game, goal here of there could really make loss a draw or draw a win, which would be great for my Nottingham side.

5 hours ago, Red Horizon said:

set piece manager

that's all it is.

The irony of posting this while someone is complaining that he can't score a corner to save his life. :lol:

40 minutes ago, fm2020.smith said:

mentoring seems to be broke in game. i had the best mentors training the kids and the determination didnt change in a year not even up by 1 

It's not. It's just nowhere near as powerful as it used to be, where you could reshape pretty much anyone except for the worst Balotelli's to have great personalities.

When tutoring make sure that the people are all in the same training unit and depending on how commonly players feature in the first team tutoring can quickly lose it's effectiveness as they become more important players within the team. Vice versa, if the people you're using as mentors are not ranked highly within the team hierarchy they won't have much influence as mentors. Also, overall team personality influences players as well, so if your overall team determination isn't that high you're not very likely to mentor a players determination much beyond the squad average, even if his mentors have really high determination.

I hope for FM 22 they revamp how 3 at the back formation works. While it's perfectly feasible to create a human tactic that can somewhat emulate a real 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, the AI is extremely limited in this instance.

I haven't seen any successful AI manager that uses a 3 at the back formation in my save ( they all end up sacked ).

We need some new roles for defenders, something like a hybrid between CD and Full back. And definetely some new wingback roles that push higher up the pitch. There is a reason that IRL a 3-4-3 is not named a 5-2-3 irl or a 3-4-2-1 a 5-2-2-1.

Either that or put in the ML/MR roles the wingback role.

So many IRL teams started to use 3 at the back formation that it's a shame in FM these setups are so underpowered.

9 minutes ago, fm2020.smith said:

si can you not fix the problem of buying a player and him still getting picked for old club. ive been reported this for ages and its still here ? bought  foden and city are still picking him ???

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

I hope for FM 22 they revamp how 3 at the back formation works. While it's perfectly feasible to create a human tactic that can somewhat emulate a real 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, the AI is extremely limited in this instance.

I haven't seen any successful AI manager that uses a 3 at the back formation in my save ( they all end up sacked ).

We need some new roles for defenders, something like a hybrid between CD and Full back. And definetely some new wingback roles that push higher up the pitch. There is a reason that IRL a 3-4-3 is not named a 5-2-3 irl or a 3-4-2-1 a 5-2-2-1.

Either that or put in the ML/MR roles the wingback role.

So many IRL teams started to use 3 at the back formation that it's a shame in FM these setups are so underpowered.

We literally got like 18 variants of WB play at the moment, u can literally do anything u want with them, if u know how of course.

2 hours ago, fm2020.smith said:

i bought foden and hes in my squad but man city are still picking him for their team and hes playing games for them

As in you bought him and hes registered in your team or you bought him but he joins your team at a later date?

9 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

We literally got like 18 variants of WB play at the moment, u can literally do anything u want with them, if u know how of course.

We might be AI can't. 

2 hours ago, andu1 said:

We might be AI can't. 

not facturally correct. you can choose different roles but doing litterally anything is not right as your bat the mercy of at times a really weak ai.

like man marking wingers and then leaving your lb and rb back when having a corner and then they break and your defenders completely ignore the ball and the onrushing attackers and part like the waves to mark the wingers.

Has anyone’s wingers ever made a simple pass to the striker alone 2 meters from the goal instead of shooting like an idiot in a closed angle? I’ve tried every individual and team instruction, nothing works. Easy goals prevented by the AI

Is there a bug with penalties shootouts?

I just witnessed the most bizarre thing in a match. I named my takers for a penalty shootout and they took their penalties in reverse of the order I had selected.

All I did was drag players to the 'add' tab. Did I do something wrong and the players I selected first were actually selected last? I'm pretty sure the players I wanted to take penalties were at the top of the list. Should they be at the bottom?

Perhaps the interface needs to be clearer, but I never thought it wasn;t until this bizarre thing happened.

It must be a bug, surely?

4 hours ago, DAZZ67 said:

Has anyone’s wingers ever made a simple pass to the striker alone 2 meters from the goal instead of shooting like an idiot in a closed angle? I’ve tried every individual and team instruction, nothing works. Easy goals prevented by the AI

Have a look at a few of the gifs I've posted in this thread.

Every player after 30 declines drastically in physical attributes its not right! maybe some players but many maintain their pace, (deffo) strength... the only thing that changes drastically is stamina and injury and that's dependent on the players natural fitness and professionalism

On 31/03/2021 at 13:02, Freakiie said:

I've signed multiple staff on double staff roles, especially at smaller clubs with limited staff salaries.

It's so weird. Like I even tried to sign someone who already had the exact same two jobs that I wanted. Before I had tried with free agents and I was thinking okay, maybe they simply don't want two jobs despite having good ratings in both but the one who already had those two jobs I was genuinely surprised as he wouldn't even negotiate with two jobs selected. Is there any indication from the game if a staff member is willing to do two jobs or not?

15 minutes ago, Flohrinho said:

It's so weird. Like I even tried to sign someone who already had the exact same two jobs that I wanted. Before I had tried with free agents and I was thinking okay, maybe they simply don't want two jobs despite having good ratings in both but the one who already had those two jobs I was genuinely surprised as he wouldn't even negotiate with two jobs selected. Is there any indication from the game if a staff member is willing to do two jobs or not?

Not that I know, but from toying around a bit in my own save it seems the main factor is paying them ABSURD wages. Which kinda makes sense as you're telling them to do two fulltime jobs basically. As far as staff already on double roles not wanting them again is a bit weird though, in my current RB Leipzig I've got a staff member who has double roles set from the initial DB and he has continued being the TD/Chief Scout at the club for nearly 25 years by now.

On 28/03/2021 at 16:15, WelshMourinho said:

Have to say I really do hope they have a rethink when it comes to the matchday experience in terms of widgets etc.

I understand why certain things were done but at the same time it makes a lot more frustrating than it needs to be. You should be able to see the second an opponent changes formation, and while the dugout can be handy I find it updates pretty much as a highlight will start - at that point it's possibly too late to make a worthwhile change. 

The removal of the timeline is strange to me too, I guess I just don't see a need for it.

I've just started playing this version of FM and my first impressions are that there is just too much unecessary info now.  The game appears to be heading down the tactical route much more I think, but when I play I usually dismiss a lot of the stats and concentrate on what I see on the pitch.  So far I think FM 21 has taken a step backwards in gameplay.  But it's early days for me yet.

2 hours ago, Titou said:

So the last update didn't only add cross play, did it ? (back to 5-10s savegame loading time, instead of 5 minutes after previous update, so thanks a lot ^^)

Crossplay was already there, the update just took into account changes with the networking to make sure that crossplay continued to work.

Anyone else get this A LOT? Seems anytime we beat a lower league team their manager comes out in a huff afterwards:

image.png.79a16a79e418c1131a8771899e61c927.png

This was a weird one as before the match the Sunderland manager was all excited and looking forward to it.

12 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Anyone else get this A LOT? Seems anytime we beat a lower league team their manager comes out in a huff afterwards:

image.png.79a16a79e418c1131a8771899e61c927.png

This was a weird one as before the match the Sunderland manager was all excited and looking forward to it.

Nah, they blast me all the time. Same for managers that call me out on my tactics being crap, getting their ass kicked and then going "Nope, this Freakiie guy sucks, I mean we lost 4-0 with not a single shot on target, but that's all down to us playing even worse!". Ironically I even have a supposedly good relation with a bunch of them! :lol:

What's going on with Season Preview changing from matchday to matchday ?! Is this working as it should ?

I understand there is a bug with media prediction showed on Club page - which is not fixed :thdn: - but I though you can rely on season preview !

hace 3 horas, Showerman dijo:

Not feedback but just had my first unbeaten season 2028/29 as Spurs, Arsenal came 2nd then I beat Arsenal in the finals of the League cup/FA cup and Champions League final.

You could argue this is unrealistic (Spurs winning a trophy that is), but I think things like these are what makes FM so great. The game even gives Spurs fans hope :D 

(Please don't ban me. Making fun of Spurs fans is the only thing us gunners can enjoy from football these days)

8 hours ago, Showerman said:

Not feedback but just had my first unbeaten season 2028/29 as Spurs, Arsenal came 2nd then I beat Arsenal in the finals of the League cup/FA cup and Champions League final.

They should rename the ground after me right?

Pretty sure grounds don't get renamed, instead new grounds get named after existing club legends. So Spurs and a new ground will take ages and I doubt you're considered to be a legend yet at the club, even if every fan will worship you forever for that season! Seems to me they slowed down how fast you get recognized as icon/legend in recent FM versions by quite a bit. I took over RB Leipzig in 2041 in one of my saves, lead them to their first ever BL win (Yeah RBL kinda sucks in FM) in 43 and then a triple in 44 with their first ever CL win and... I'm favoured personnel.

I haven't been past season 3 in FM21

Almost all of my saves are in the EPL and if I play as a "Big Club(not Liverpool)"  then Liverpool usually reach 100 points or more in the first 3 seasons.

If I play as a mid table team or relegation fodder then whoever wins the EPL usually do so with a points tally around 79-92, until of course I'm able to challenge for the title and in that case usually Liverpool or Man Utd go back to picking up 100 points or more.

My latest save playing as Arsenal, I finished second twice(to Liverpool plus 100 points) and the screenshots below of a typical weeks results show why.

Of course if in real life Liverpool were storming the league again then fine, but that has clearly not been the case, yet even after the latest updates Liverpool are still way overrated, but then only show that in saves where the human manager plays as a "Big Club" trying to win the title?

fmtoday1livwin6goals.png

fmtoday3arsevspurs.png

fmtoday2leaguetable.png

5 minutes ago, Whufc10000 said:

I haven't been past season 3 in FM21

Almost all of my saves are in the EPL and if I play as a "Big Club(not Liverpool)"  then Liverpool usually reach 100 points or more in the first 3 seasons.

If I play as a mid table team or relegation fodder then whoever wins the EPL usually do so with a points tally around 79-92, until of course I'm able to challenge for the title and in that case usually Liverpool or Man Utd go back to picking up 100 points or more.

My latest save playing as Arsenal, I finished second twice(to Liverpool plus 100 points) and the screenshots below of a typical weeks results show why.

Of course if in real life Liverpool were storming the league again then fine, but that has clearly not been the case, yet even after the latest updates Liverpool are still way overrated, but then only show that in saves where the human manager plays as a "Big Club" trying to win the title?

fmtoday1livwin6goals.png

fmtoday3arsevspurs.png

fmtoday2leaguetable.png

Forget Liverpool. What the heck is going on at Norwich?!

They get a tycoon buyer or Pep go there to manage. I know it's only 12 matches in, but that is even more out there than a 12-0-0 Liverpool.

8 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Pretty sure grounds don't get renamed, instead new grounds get named after existing club legends. So Spurs and a new ground will take ages and I doubt you're considered to be a legend yet at the club, even if every fan will worship you forever for that season! Seems to me they slowed down how fast you get recognized as icon/legend in recent FM versions by quite a bit. I took over RB Leipzig in 2041 in one of my saves, lead them to their first ever BL win (Yeah RBL kinda sucks in FM) in 43 and then a triple in 44 with their first ever CL win and... I'm favoured personnel.

Are any of the players in your team legends yet? 

Players become icons and legends quicker than managers in my experience which I think is realistic, but managers still take too long. You should at least be an icon for that 

I mean has the PL ever made sense in FM? United instantly becomes the powerhouse it has always been, Arsenal manages CL spot finishes first season in the majority of the saves I've seen and even when they don't they start splashing cash and quickly settle in the PL top again, Spurs crash and burn and sooner or later Everton is guaranteed to relegate. Oh and there will always be one new tycoon club that just helplessly floats around in p8 or lower mediocrity despite their great players. :lol:

5 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Are any of the players in your team legends yet? 

Players become icons and legends quicker than managers in my experience which I think is realistic, but managers still take too long. You should at least be an icon for that 

Not a single one is even an icon :lol:

image.thumb.png.b699e4c4c69ba0416b2111e41ee2b753.png

Frahn and Mateschitz start as legends with 100 importance. Olmo played almost his entire career for RBL and holds the record for league apps. Quintero is an amazing newgen that retired at the end of my first full season who played 15 years for us (Poor guy missing out on all the titles), Poulsen, Kaiser and Rangnick start as legends (If Rangnick is a legend I really should be for what I've accomplished!), but got dropped down to Icons (never noticed that being a thing before?) and Cerven is a newgen that was at the clubs 11 years and holds the record for total league goals, but from before my time.

Terentjev and Janin are both new players I brought in, who got their spot probably because their rating is amazing compared to other CDs (Scoring multiple set piece goals a season thanks to 18 jumping does that for them) and Richter is one of the older players who has been here for 8 seasons that really stepped his game up in the last two seasons.

Looking at the names, I'm guessing that for some reason I'm relatively limited regarding how many Legends/Icon/Favoured Personnel I can have as club (which is a bit weird if you compare it to your normal big name teams that have like 15+ legends and 10 icons), and as a result my current players are having to compete for an Icon spot with 3 people that are ex legends and thus very highly rated? From the clubs perspective pretty much all the bigger names from a triple winning squad surely should be at least favoured personnel seeing how they've written history in multiple ways?! They're basically the clubs golden generation.

18 hours ago, Showerman said:

They should rename the ground after me right?

lol.png

Semi final this time....

For me this has been the best FM in years. It just feels like it’s in a sweet spot feature wise and besides obviously the graphical side of the ME, I wouldn’t change a thing. Has been quite a few FMs ago since I truly had that feeling. So on the one hand I’m excited for FM 22 and on the other hand maybe more scared because every year things will be changed and that might take it out of the sweet spot it’s in now ! 

The fun is also caused by my first journeyman save which you can read about here: 

20 hours ago, Whufc10000 said:

fmtoday2leaguetable.png

What does the Expected Points table look like by the end of the seasons in comparison to actually points taken? In general, I've seen AI managers underperforming that on occasion by as much as -15 points.

spacer.png

Liverpool in terms of data are very likely to be overrated based on their previous league campaign. As Statsbomb based on data now available in-game have analyzed, to break records like that in a competitive league such as the EPL takes more than being simply a great team (if anybody had managed City that term on FM, he'd have accused AI Klopp of "cheating" no doubt, as Man City comfortably lead in xG difference all throughout.

[quote]Being (lucky and good): Liverpool[/QUOTE]

Being (lucky and good): Liverpool | StatsBomb

However, LFC also took the lead an awfully lot as STatsbomb had pointed out in a later article. Which meant they could sit on it in an awful lot of matches, thus influencing their xG. (LFC and Statsbomb have just signed a deal, whilst we're at it, and in parts Klopp is at the club because their own analysis team had analyzed he was getting spectacularly unlucky in his last season at Dortmund -- sitting 18th place by February despite being equal or better almost every other week and finishing 7th when their own analysis had concluded they should have finished 2nd).

I'd place a bet on that in the summer and for the next FM this will swing the other way for LFC and the research will nerf their data a good deal (in particular if Liverpool indeed don't qualify for Europe).  I've noted this with research before (for individual players also see Morata who was big time nerfed after a season perceived as lucklustre at CHelsea by the general public going from finishing ~16 to ~10 in the space of two FM releases). 

Whilst research shouldn't be based wholly on (data) analysis, I think it would benefit if it would still be at least considered, in particular as single football seasons might be influenced by chance quite a bit. FiveThirtyEight for instance still ranks LFC as the 2nd best team in the Prem, despite their struggles, and in the point tables too, things are reasonably close overall at the top with goal differences also being suspiciously similar (outside of City who dominate the point table as well as goal difference now as much as they did xG last term when LFC won the bloody thing).

Huge rerankings and/or significant boosts and nerfs in the space of but two releases should be a no-no in general.

Edited by Svenc