Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

17 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

Can anyone tell me what is the prize money for the Conference League? Thanks

Don't think there is any. Can't see anything in the rules in the game, and did a quick Google search and didn't find anything from it either.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ronnieekelund said:

I think you've completely missed his point.

I don't think I have. You can surely add some imagination to it? The player's negotiations didn't go as well as he hoped, but he still wants to go? And why not ask for a payoff from the current club while he's at it? What has he (the footballer) got to lose? Really, have you ever switched jobs? :confused:

3 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

I don't think I have. You can surely add some imagination to it? The player's negotiations didn't go as well as he hoped, but he still wants to go? And why not ask for a payoff from the current club while he's at it? What has he (the footballer) got to lose? Really, have you ever switched jobs? :confused:

My god! this is actually delusional

What club would pay off a player they don't want to leave let alone after he tells them hes gonna move to get a higher wage

3 hours ago, zindrinho said:

If the game was at fault, wouldn't that mean that none of us can get the GK to do as we tell him to?
I have no problems with my GK not following instructions, so obviously it's something you're doing wrong, not something with the game.

Make sure your GK is set to SK(d) or the normal GK role, SK(S) and attack has a Take more risks PI hardcoded into the role.
Choose CBs and FBs for GK distribution and none of the Roll it out, Short kick etc. if you add Play out from the back as a team instruction as well your GK should play it short every time.
If all your GKs short passing options are blocked you should be glad he doesnt play it short.

If your players still dont do as you tell them to, its the game way of showing you that your tactics doesnt make sense. If you want short passes, you need short passing options. If your player cant find short passing options the game will show you all these long balls that are being intercepted, as a big red sign saying your tactics arent working.

Great now you're telling me i need a concoction of tactics just to make my keeper pass the ball out from the back.

The options aren't blocked Its rare that all 4 defenders. but its cool keep pretending your keeper never kicks the ball long when there are defenders unmarked

probably gonna start telling us all your stats are accurate too :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Great now you're telling me i need a concoction of tactics just to make my keeper pass the ball out from the back.

The options aren't blocked Its rare that all 4 defenders. but its cool keep pretending your keeper never kicks the ball long when there are defenders unmarked

probably gonna start telling us all your stats are accurate too :rolleyes:

No, I'm simply giving you reasons why your keeper might play it long, for example you giving him a PI of taking more risks. If you ask him to take more risks, he will do so. You cant be angry at the game for your keeper following  your instruction to make his own decisions.

Again, if the game keeps showing you your players not following instructions, its the games way of telling you your tactics and instructions arent coherent. Accusing those of us that understand the game of lying when we say the game do as we say is just too far out there for me to take seriously.

Not sure what I pay my performance analyst for.  I'm Southampton, and finished a fortunate 3rd in the Premiership last season. 

Playing home v Real Madrid in the Champions League - "This should be a close contest between two evenly matched teams".

Playing away in the Carabao Cup v Ipswich (7th in League 1) - "This should be a close contest between two evenly matched teams".

In fact it is the same for every single team I play; it's not the biggest thing but just one of the little annoyances that I find in the game.  It's lucky the ME is so good...

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

My god! this is actually delusional

What club would pay off a player they don't want to leave let alone after he tells them hes gonna move to get a higher wage

The comment wasn't about that, it was about how unrealistic and somehow "wrong" it was that the player asked for compensation while leaving. Of course you don't have to pay him off (and shouldn't, probably, unless him staying is even worse now than him leaving), but the player actually asking for it (which the original comment was about) is nowhere near unrealistic. He's probably low on professionalism and loyalty, and high on ambition. In other words, the only delusion here is expecting in-game characters to act the same as the person playing the game would.

4 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

The comment wasn't about that, it was about how unrealistic and somehow "wrong" it was that the player asked for compensation while leaving. Of course you don't have to pay him off (and shouldn't, probably, unless him staying is even worse now than him leaving), but the player actually asking for it (which the original comment was about) is nowhere near unrealistic. He's probably low on professionalism and loyalty, and high on ambition. In other words, the only delusion here is expecting in-game characters to act the same as the person playing the game would.

Maybe you missed the first line where the players says he wants to leave for more wages

1 hour ago, zindrinho said:

No, I'm simply giving you reasons why your keeper might play it long, for example you giving him a PI of taking more risks. If you ask him to take more risks, he will do so. You cant be angry at the game for your keeper following  your instruction to make his own decisions.

Again, if the game keeps showing you your players not following instructions, its the games way of telling you your tactics and instructions arent coherent. Accusing those of us that understand the game of lying when we say the game do as we say is just too far out there for me to take seriously.

Maybe i'm lost here

take more risk the description talks about playing risky through balls

why would I tick that when all i want him to do is play short safe passes?

3 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Maybe you missed the first line where the players says he wants to leave for more wages

I commented on that, as well. You can agree or think it's a bug in the game, but if you can't be even bothered to read what you're supposedly replying to, then there is no more point in trying to break your delusions and bitterness about the game.

19 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Maybe i'm lost here

You've reversed what is safe and risky - there's a reason playing out from the back is something adopted by better teams. 

Short passes around the box are deemed risky for defenders - especially if the other team is pressing. Losing the ball on the edge of the area is a very high risk. So for defenders kicking it long is deemed less risky because even if possession turns over there is less risk of an immediate threat on goal.

I think the game is a little over-sensitive to the opposition playing a high press, especially when top flight BPDs are involved, but as far as FM goes defender+short pass around the box = high risk.

Defender with short pass instruction + opposition high press or prevent short GK = hoof it long.

Edited by rp1966

6 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

You've reversed what is safe and risky - there's a reason playing out from the back is something adopted by better teams. 

Short passes around the box are deemed risky for defenders - especially if the other team is pressing. Losing the ball on the edge of the area is a very high risk. So for defenders kicking it long is deemed less risky because even if possession turns over there is less risk of an immediate threat on goal.

I think the game is a little over-sensitive to the opposition playing a high press, especially when top flight BPDs are involved, but as far as FM goes defender+short pass around the box = high risk.

For defenders playing less risky passes will make them do the simple pass, thats what it basically  says in the description

3 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

For defenders playing less risky passes will make them do the simple pass, thats what it basically  says in the description

Yes, but the point is that often the simple pass is not the short pass; it is the (safety first) hoof.

Edited by rp1966

28 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Maybe i'm lost here

What I am saying is that a goalie set to Sweeper Keeper on either support or attack will have that Take more risks already ticked with no option of removing it.

If you have set team instructions to deliver ball to CB or FB, but have your goalie on SK(S) or SK(A) he will take more risks, and not always play it short.

19 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

I commented on that, as well. You can agree or think it's a bug in the game, but if you can't be even bothered to read what you're supposedly replying to, then there is no more point in trying to break your delusions and bitterness about the game.

Brudda The issue is the guy asked to leave because he wants "MORE WAGES" then wants to be paid to leave youre the delusional one talking about better way of life and warmer climate :idiot:

If thats the reason he wants to leave there's a similar claim stating how he's homesick and can't adjust to the climate.

Your reply is sooooo distant from the fiscal aspect I had to assume you missed it.

Please if you are going to justify the issue please stick to the fiscal issue which is the premise of this not any other reason the player "MIGHT" want to leave.

The only time you reflected on it was when you vaguely skimmed on the notion about "oH nEgoTIaTioNs mIgHT noT hAVe BeeN wHat He SusPeCteD"  but don't knock on my door after demanding to go to get more pay :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Defender with short pass instruction + opposition high press or prevent short GK = hoof it long.

25 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

19 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

What I am saying is that a goalie set to Sweeper Keeper on either support or attack will have that Take more risks already ticked with no option of removing it.

If you have set team instructions to deliver ball to CB or FB, but have your goalie on SK(S) or SK(A) he will take more risks, and not always play it short.

Seems like there's a lot of confusion over whether taking more risk (in game for defenders & keepers) means they'll pass it short or attempt long through balls more.

logically I would assume take more risk allows them to pass short under the press, but if you read the description it sounds like taking less risks will allow you t pass short. either way they still clear the ball when visually it doesn't look like theyre under pressure.

There isn't much confusion really, take more risks for goalkeeper does not mean pass it short as instructed. It means take more risks if you see a possibility further up the pitch.

Take more risks for defenders means more risky passes mainly short but often forwards. Take less risks/no nonsense defender smashes the ball up the field.

These sort of discussions are probably better in the tactics part of the forum though, but the question on whether the game is broken because it intentionally makes your players not follow instructions is hopefully laid dead by now.

It's what you learn as a kid when playing football. "Play it safe! Kick the ball into oblivion!"
Less risky = The safest play.
It is not (necessarily) the shortest pass. It's often the "kick it into orbit" play.

This is obviously very simplified :D

As an aside, a mentioning of FM in this xg-Brighton piece. 

Brighton & Hove Albion: The Enemy of Expected Goals (lastwordonsports.com)

If you asked a random fan what they thought of Brighton this season, they would likely say ‘looks bright, usually fails to win’. This is of course a fair assessment of what has happened. What may surprise many, is quite how much they have lost by defying statistical probability this season.

Based on xG results, Brighton would be fifth in the league. Fifth. Where are they in actuality? 16th.

The thing about Brighton is that their problems are not particularly hard to identify. They embody every annoying Football Manager game ever, where chances are spurned and opposition goals are gifted.

Some distant memories of Klopp's final season at Dortmund, sitting 18th place in February 2015 (when according to xG/xPoints, they should have been ~4th!). 

Whilst in-game the stat may likely still need some tuning, what's the biggest xPoints difference you've seen so far (either AI or own?) This AI managed(and relegated) Galatasaray  actually seemed to come quite close, trailing their xPoints by ~-15 points.

image.png.07495f20fc0219dbb5e310dbe1aa160e.png (3440×1482) (invisioncic.com)
image.png.c275facad9c8537fb4eb913d1a3a2057.png (3494×1210) (invisioncic.com)

Edited by Svenc

3 hours ago, zindrinho said:

There isn't much confusion really, take more risks for goalkeeper does not mean pass it short as instructed. It means take more risks if you see a possibility further up the pitch.

Take more risks for defenders means more risky passes mainly short but often forwards. Take less risks/no nonsense defender smashes the ball up the field.

These sort of discussions are probably better in the tactics part of the forum though, but the question on whether the game is broken because it intentionally makes your players not follow instructions is hopefully laid dead by now.

Read the description in the game and you will see it's not that clear

image.thumb.png.8637cf5f95638c6cb63d919f5fdbbde7.pngIs there anyway to get rid of the HGN label? I really DO NOT need to know this 99% of the time unless registering my squad, especially when most of my squad is home grown anyway. Prevents me from being able to access more important information easily. (And also the secret on how to stop every single cross and shot being blocked!!!)

Edited by Domoboy23

Is it just me or are the AI keepers overpowered? I will so often see AI keepers getting 7+ or 8+ rating when playing against me and my keeper will so often have 6.6-6.7 rating? Why even bother to spend 40 milion on a keeper when he will play for 6.8 average rating and often play for <snip>. On the other hand I will see in almost third of the games I play below average keepers put on a show and just turn into a brick wall. Like, I win the game 3-1 and AI keeper will have 7.4 rating (conceded 3 goals) while my super expensive keeper will ofc have a<snip> 6.6 rating. Like how many times you as a user saw your keeper having a world class game? Maybe once every two seasons. Pathetic.

7 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

Is it just me or are the AI keepers overpowered? I will so often see AI keepers getting 7+ or 8+ rating when playing against me and my keeper will so often have 6.6-6.7 rating? Why even bother to spend 40 milion on a keeper when he will play for 6.8 average rating and often play for<snip>. On the other hand I will see in almost third of the games I play below average keepers put on a show and just turn into a brick wall. Like, I win the game 3-1 and AI keeper will have 7.4 rating (conceded 3 goals) while my super expensive keeper will ofc have a <snip>6.6 rating. Like how many times you as a user saw your keeper having a world class game? Maybe once every two seasons. Pathetic.

My keeper is playing above a 7. He has put in some amazing performances. Towards the end of last season he was my star player, regularly playing above and beyond his ability, on paper. His ratings reflected this. 

AI goalkeepers vary from game to game for me.

Perhaps your GK is not getting good ratings because he’s not having to do much? Perhaps your opponent’s GK is getting amazing ratings because he’s saving 34 shots on goal a game?

5 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

Is it just me or are the AI keepers overpowered? I will so often see AI keepers getting 7+ or 8+ rating when playing against me and my keeper will so often have 6.6-6.7 rating? Why even bother to spend 40 milion on a keeper when he will play for 6.8 average rating and often play for ****. On the other hand I will see in almost third of the games I play below average keepers put on a show and just turn into a brick wall. Like, I win the game 3-1 and AI keeper will have 7.4 rating (conceded 3 goals) while my super expensive keeper will ofc have a ****** 6.6 rating. Like how many times you as a user saw your keeper having a world class game? Maybe once every two seasons. Pathetic.

I will edit your post, but please cut out the language- there is no need to use that language to get your point across, so please watch for this when you next post

19 hours ago, XaW said:

Mais um belo gol da minha equipe e o efeito de um bom trabalho em equipe. Através da bola, corte para trás e toque-a!

U9fYt8a.gif

What would your camera settings be? is it possible to use it in the Xbox edition?

5 minutes ago, Havard IRL said:

What would your camera settings be? is it possible to use it in the Xbox edition?

I just use "Director". No clue if that's available for the Xbox-version.

5 hours ago, luka_zg said:

Is it just me or are the AI keepers overpowered? I will so often see AI keepers getting 7+ or 8+ rating when playing against me and my keeper will so often have 6.6-6.7 rating? Why even bother to spend 40 milion on a keeper when he will play for 6.8 average rating and often play for <snip>. On the other hand I will see in almost third of the games I play below average keepers put on a show and just turn into a brick wall. Like, I win the game 3-1 and AI keeper will have 7.4 rating (conceded 3 goals) while my super expensive keeper will ofc have a<snip> 6.6 rating. Like how many times you as a user saw your keeper having a world class game? Maybe once every two seasons. Pathetic.

Ah, the ol' "superkeeper", moaned about since the ChampMan series began! Referees are always biased against our teams too, eh?

Tell you what though, I saw something last week I'd never seen in all my years - my keeper got penalised for handling the ball outside the box!

Is this a bug?
image.png.6bc39443f9f7e9da91b4095798b6d6ef.png

Here we have the tactics screen. I have a BPD. As you can see he only has two instructions. When going onto the next screen there is no option to pass shorter, I'm guessing this is as it's already a pre-set?
image.png.50c90deb23c96006ca40192422af6c72.png

However, if I then change the position to a normal CD and add pass it shorter, and then select BPD... It allows my changes to overrule this and for the pass shorter instruction? This happens for other personal instructions... 
image.png.6b5a6a40c8fa7cafa526aa20a9d1fd70.png

Managed this way to also change a poacher to close down more...

Is it possible to force our B team using the same tactics as the main team? If so, can anyone help me?

I try with Benfica but still can't change the B team tactics, both u23 and u19 is working fine. Thanks!

It makes no sense.

"Heads up about Fry, I think he wants a new contract" 

Me: "I heard you want a new contract?"

Fry: "Oh you know what...just the fact you've come to talk to me means I now don't want a new contract...it's fine I JUST WANTED A BIT OF ATTENTION!!"

1 hour ago, Rooneye said:

It makes no sense.

"Heads up about Fry, I think he wants a new contract" 

Me: "I heard you want a new contract?"

Fry: "Oh you know what...just the fact you've come to talk to me means I now don't want a new contract...it's fine I JUST WANTED A BIT OF ATTENTION!!"

Shhh, personally don't want this fixed as it saves me quite a bit of money as I can dictate when a player gets a new contract :lol:

2 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Still getting recommendations in The Dugout to sub the oppositions players. Yet another issue that's made it all the way from the beta to the final update. 

image.thumb.png.6ec22e9819ec6680e4d42dec44e5d69a.png

Ive never seen that, it might be because of the skin youre using?

Only recently started my long term save and I'm loving how in depth the opponent analysis is.  The last FM I owned was FM19 and it either wasnt as good as it is now or wasn't presented as well . Also the moving graphics that show the opponents tactic is pretty cool too. But its great to see their stats and your scouts view on how your opponent will play.

For continued improvement in this area I recommend looking at the types of stats and graphs The Athletic and Sky Sports use as some of the graphs that show player positioning/passes in FM can look a bit weird sometimes in terms of how it is graphically presented.

4 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Still getting recommendations in The Dugout to sub the oppositions players. Yet another issue that's made it all the way from the beta to the final update. 

image.thumb.png.6ec22e9819ec6680e4d42dec44e5d69a.png

Since this issue is clearly not affecting many users, I suspect that it mat be related to the skin, so try going back to the default skin and see if it still happens.

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

Since this issue is clearly not affecting many users, I suspect that it mat be related to the skin, so try going back to the default skin and see if it still happens.

Should take him off and see what happens 

7 Years in, Exceptional scouts and Data Anaylists, Italian league on full detail and I play Inter Milan in the Champions League

"Not enough statistical data exists for this team"

:idiot:

I Mean, SURELY you can have a guess based on the last 4 months of the season how good they will be or who the Danger man is? I've had a scout on "Upcoming opponents" since day 1. Not major, but it seems to be happening a fair bit. Seems odd at such a high level, regardless of stats and other things, not to have a handle on such a famous club in such a important competition.

On 21/03/2021 at 19:15, XaW said:

Another fine goal for my team and the effect of good teamwork. Through ball, cut back and tap-in!

U9fYt8a.gif

That is a bit sexy. Going to give them updated demo a try this weekend and see if I can overcome my aversion to the new matchday UI.

21 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

That is a bit sexy. Going to give them updated demo a try this weekend and see if I can overcome my aversion to the new matchday UI.

Yeah, there's some really sexy football being played at times.

If you hate the match UI, then you should have a look in here. Could change your life, or so I'm told! ;) 

21 hours ago, esca said:

Is it possible to force our B team using the same tactics as the main team? If so, can anyone help me?

I try with Benfica but still can't change the B team tactics, both u23 and u19 is working fine. Thanks!

I had the same issue with a San Marino Challenge save I started but quickly aborted to this and another bug.  I raised a bug report on 16 December and have not heard a thing - so I think you're out of luck, I'm afraid.

While I'm here - general feedback about this bug:

Been waiting since 6 December - bug not fixed - latest answer from SI "sounds more like a gameplay/contract issue so would be best bringing this up in that thread".  I know there are tons of bugs - but terrible customer service there - couldn't even pass on to the relevant colleague - surely just tag the colleague into the existing thread?  A new thread means I'm back to square one.  Two excellent examples of why people don't bother raising bug reports.

Obviously won't be fixed now in FM21, so I can't play the 2 saves I really want to.  After not enjoying FM20 at all, more because of lockdown I guess I changed my mind and decided to buy FM21 - but have played very little in the latest lockdown.  I won't be buying FM22, even if we're still in a lockdown.

15 hours ago, FrazT said:

I have raised this issue a few times now, whilst having the default skin. I switched to this skin about 2 weeks ago to just freshen up my experience, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the skin.

On 21/03/2021 at 19:15, XaW said:

Another fine goal for my team and the effect of good teamwork. Through ball, cut back and tap-in!

U9fYt8a.gif

Easy to do at lower levels- no park the bus every game. Lets see you try it when you have a high reputation...

4 minutes ago, dunk105 said:

Easy to do at lower levels- no park the bus every game. Lets see you try it when you have a high reputation...

Well, I hope to go higher, so I'll continue to post the best goals as I go up higher then, and we'll see.

My first fm21 save was with man united, didn't take many pre-season friendlies before my forwards was combining heel-klacks and one-twos in attacking areas creating the most beautiful team goals I can remember seeing on FM, so its definitely not a limitation set so only lower-rep teams can play like that from the games side.

15 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Is anyone else getting low ratings for playerd who are playing on AML/R and MC positions?

Yes and no.

Unless they make major contributions they will not get a boost in ratings, yet they will slowly lose rating for small mistakes, like the occasional wrong pass, failed dribble and so on. My holding CM for example generally gets a relatively good rating as he's active defensively and notches up enough tackles/interceptions to easily cover any minor mistakes he makes during a match. The supporting midfielder though often falls into a situation where he does his job, but at the same time doesn't really make any "significant" contributions due to his position as he's not defensive enough to make multiple interceptions/tackles each game, but also not forwards enough to rack up keypasses/assists/goals so he just has a lot of touches and passes.

Of course the question then is should that alone warrant a high rating? Same goes for AML/R, if your team isn't doing great in attack it's very easy for them to not have any impact at all, so it's no surprise that their ratings will slowly drop during the game. On the other hand, looking at my players in these positions over an entire season they get solid average ratings, but when they have a quiet game you can expect their ratings to plummet.