Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, pejocho said:

Can somebody tell me if corners are stablished as key passes yet? This made that set pieces players have almost the best ratings in all teams. 

Still the same :confused: It's pretty annoying but a good way to exploit player ratings 

1 hour ago, pejocho said:

Can somebody tell me if corners are stablished as key passes yet? This made that set pieces players have almost the best ratings in all teams. 

Is that a thing!? I just thought my left winger who takes my corners was just really good haha

No idea from the notes if wideplay has been improved but thank you if so as seems a lot better, so thank you for this!

Really seeing a difference in what wingbacks do over setting up fullbacks up with similar instructions, they stay wider and vary their crossing, and certainly also cross from deep or early if asked to.

image.png.48034112ed074feb1104a18d64d28dd0.png

image.png.6daef96eafd29dedf778b4e92140c6d4.png

Also one bugbear of mine was the AI fouling a lot but seemingly not getting punished, this has absolutely changed to for the better:

image.png.4925797c7bf73aeaaa61de3785212bd2.png

Edited by dunk105

6 hours ago, Outrospective said:

Of course, media predictions bug is not fixed.

*sigh*

On to Northern Lords release, then.

Whats the media prediction bug? Looking at mine, we're 1-91 to win the league (I don't think so) & the bottom 3 have N/A odds 

I don't think anything was changed @dunk105

Edited by Johnny Ace

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Whats the media prediction bug? Looking at mine, we're 1-91 to win the league (I don't think so) & the bottom 3 have N/A odds 

I don't think anything was changed @dunk105

Ah bugger. Must just be the new save then and lower reputation, gonna be a few weeks till I hit the wall at least! Well assuming I win things that is.

2 minutes ago, dunk105 said:

Ah bugger. Must just be the new save then and lower reputation, gonna be a few weeks till I hit the wall at least! Well assuming I win things that is.

Whats the team's & players mentality?

I find with wingers if they're Very Attacking, they will shoot from wide, on my 4-4-2 save I'm playing Balanced with a Winger on Attack (I think his mentality's Positive) & he has as many assists as goals from open play.   

Maybe less aggressive Wingbacks are more eager to cross than get 10 yards further up field?

Anyone notice some players never get called up to the national side no matter who is in charge or how well they are playing ?

Every international week I get “left out in the cold” messages for one of my star players whilst his back up players in the same position at my club get called up.

Ive noticed it on the earlier patches with other players I managed in different leagues, 1 player won ballon d’or but only had 3 caps aged 28.

Maybe its a position thing ? Because they all play AMC.

On 08/03/2021 at 12:36, kertiek said:

are any of these problems going to be fixed for fm21? i been reporting them multiple times since the release of fm21in November and still don't get any response or acknowledge from si games staff that these specific problems or even an answer that they are going to be reviewed

• when match plans are used is impossible to disable automatic substitutions, at one point in the match the assistant makes use of all the available substitutions even its not necessary or u don't want to make any of them.
  • swap positions, if one of the players swapping positions have individual instructions, the swap only happens in one direction and they never revert back to the original positions, swapping positions only work if you use positional instructions in both swapping players.
  • individual instruction get reverted back to positional instructions, just setup some individual instructions before the match, and at some point while the match is playing check if your players are using the individual instruction or positional, sometimes the individual instructions are gone and the player has been using positional instruction the whole time.
  • save/export highlights as video as not been working since the release of fm21
  • passing heatmap and similar tools to analyze matches and/or player performance is not working as intended and in some cases not working at all.

these problems have been reported by me and other users multiple times in the bug forums but still no response at all from si games.

is this going to be fixed for fm21 at all?

Looks like they only attempted to fix throw ins

This is a big disappointment.

Even if u ignore the bugs, imagine a full release for a year without highlight video export working at all 

Edited by kertiek

4 minutes ago, kertiek said:

Looks like they only attempted to fix throw ins

This is a big disappointment.

Even if u ignore the bugs, imagine a full release for a year without highlight video export working at all 

Those issues you mentioned arent ME issues

23 minutes ago, Showerman said:

Anyone notice some players never get called up to the national side no matter who is in charge or how well they are playing ?

Every international week I get “left out in the cold” messages for one of my star players whilst his back up players in the same position at my club get called up.

Ive noticed it on the earlier patches with other players I managed in different leagues, 1 player won ballon d’or but only had 3 caps aged 28.

I think it is a numbers thing, Look at England now, In theory many players who are good enough will not get the call up. Now if we were to win the Euros they wouldn't be getting in the squad for a few international breaks potentially

3 hours ago, pejocho said:

Nope this is still a thing, my LB has been averaging a 9.8 for the last 3 games or so with around 14 key passes each game because of this hahaha. 

Find it very ironic how a lot of us have been complaining player ratings are too low and now this happens.

hace 22 minutos, Abysmal dijo:

Nope this is still a thing, my LB has been averaging a 9.8 for the last 3 games or so with around 14 key passes each game because of this hahaha. 

Find it very ironic how a lot of us have been complaining player ratings are too low and now this happens.

How difficult is simply to fix that a corner is not a key pass? There is no need to study new balances of statistics of the ME, or to test lots of new parameters that could change if you do a change in the ME. It is just fix that a corner is not a key pass, but it has been said few months ago and it remains happening. It's incredible. 

12 minutes ago, pejocho said:

How difficult is simply to fix that a corner is not a key pass? There is no need to study new balances of statistics of the ME, or to test lots of new parameters that could change if you do a change in the ME. It is just fix that a corner is not a key pass, but it has been said few months ago and it remains happening. It's incredible. 

Were previous FM's like this? I honestly don't remember but it wasn't like this surely?

It's daft, my CMs season before were always in the 6.6-7.2 range unless they scored or assisted. Brought in CM who can take a corner & freekick & he's 8+ every game & the previous set-piece takers are in the 6.6-7.2 range

Surely, if you have an 18 year old who can take a corner, his CA will absolutely rocket because of how well he's "performing"?

16 minutes ago, pejocho said:

They said they did this by design thats why

43 minutes ago, pejocho said:

Im not sure but it also makes analysing your tactics and team performances so much harder. Ending a game with 10+ clear cut chances and losing will make you lose your mind until you realise its just because you had a lot of corners.

29 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

They said they did this by design thats why

Presumably related to incorporating xG and changing definitions of events...lots of “unintended” consequences unfortunately....

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

Im not sure but it also makes analysing your tactics and team performances so much harder. Ending a game with 10+ clear cut chances and losing will make you lose your mind until you realise its just because you had a lot of corners.

Those clear cut chances shouldn't be happening after this patch, it should be fixed.

Key passes are intentionally counted for set pieces, as it didn't really make sense not to reward a player for providing quality deliveries into the box throughout a match. If anything I'd be more concerned if your team are managing to regularly get 10 direct shots from corner deliveries regularly, as that suggests the defending team aren't dealing with the set pieces well at all. Please log a bug report if you see any common trends.

hace 4 minutos, Jack Joyce dijo:

Those clear cut chances shouldn't be happening after this patch, it should be fixed.

Key passes are intentionally counted for set pieces, as it didn't really make sense not to reward a player for providing quality deliveries into the box throughout a match. If anything I'd be more concerned if your team are managing to regularly get 10 direct shots from corner deliveries regularly, as that suggests the defending team aren't dealing with the set pieces well at all. Please log a bug report if you see any common trends.

It's great to read that after this patch not ALL corners will be taken as clear cut chances. I will play the game one more time if the patch does that. 

2 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

if that is intended, why not change the behavior of the assistant manager recommending the man mark the opposition set piece takers due to the key passes stat? .. not always the set piece taker is a playmaker or a player that should be specifically man marked or other instructions recommended by the assistant manager.

3 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Absolutely no difference to the throw-ins that have been broken since November. 

I guess you missed what SI said was changed because throw-ins was indeed changed.

5 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Hey all, just to confirm since we always get some confusion:

• The only changes to the ME were to CCC recognition and to throw in distances.
  • We did not make any other changes, it'd be far too risky for us to do so for an update of this kind.
  • Since the only real ME change was to throw ins, it's unlikely that open play would be affected in any noticeable way.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, mhaffy said:

Pleased that 21.4 now released and had hoped that is would have fixed the Stats/90 issue with custom views that I flagged in bugs forum ages ago, uploaded save game file (as requested), provided screen shots and instructions to replicate for....

21.4 update now installed and seems to be absolutely zero change to my Custom View with /90 stats still showing as a "-" or "0" (see below...)....... Please, please can SI ensure this is fixed for FM22 as, presumably, FM21 fixes are now closed.... To say I am disappointed is an understatement..... Current screen looks as follows after 32 Premier League games in the long term save that I only started on 26 February because of the numerous initial bugs...Never played FM so little by mid March after release.......

Current screenshot...

image.thumb.jpeg.aa58e2464c9b4d83f1e2419b91ac0eca.jpeg

I'm intrigued by whatever system you are using to assign nicknames?

7 часов назад, Novem9 сказал:

I tried to register Spurs players for eurocup and British players like Rodon, Davies are not trained in England.

Is it a bug or I dont understand rules?

image.png.3ec1d668f8dfd82eea0e5914f28c772c.png

image.png.6792fabc93aaffecef74a1be2b902866.png

image.png.0cdbe258473360ccea9f530cce914618.png

@Neil Brock clarify this case please

Could we expect a hotfix for this issue or this is final FINAL version?

Cheers!

upd - moderator explained

Edited by Novem9

27 minutes ago, XaW said:

I guess you missed what SI said was changed because throw-ins was indeed changed.

I've played 3 games of a new save since the update and the throw ins are the same. The ball being thrown to opposition players with not a single player on my team within 5 yards. They may have changed the long throw-in instruction issue, but this issue is still there.

5 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

@Neil Brock clarify this case please

Could we expect a hotfix for this issue or this is final FINAL version?

Cheers!

Actually, Joe Rodon was trained in Wales only (he was a product of the Swansea academy and was there until he was 20), as was Ben Davies (except he was at Swansea until he was 21), so both would only count as "Trained in" Wales, for the purposes of European competition (like the Champions League). It's only in the Premier League or EFL that players who trained in Wales also count as English homegrown.

So what you're seeing there is 100% correct. 

6 hours ago, Showerman said:

Harry Kane got injured just before the euros in a save of mine then after that despite firing me to the league scoring allsorts he never got called up again with all the messages every squad announcement saying he was left out in the cold

Tony Mowbray also got the england job after the first euros😂

Why has the penalty shootout takers option been altered? You used to be able to drag and click, now you have to choose from a list?

I really hope that the expansion of SI team we've heard so much about in recent weeks is all devoted to match UI, as this years is simply also. Let's not get started on widgets that have been broken for the last few editions either.

It is now so hard to extract any information in a match compared to the screen of previous years. Why should I not be able to see the weather and attendance at HT? Nevermind player stats. As for player stats being shown as % rather than a numerical horizontal list like back in fm13/14 etc.

:(

3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Why has the penalty shootout takers option been altered? You used to be able to drag and click, now you have to choose from a list?

I really hope that the expansion of SI team we've heard so much about in recent weeks is all devoted to match UI, as this years is simply also. Let's not get started on widgets that have been broken for the last few editions either.

It is now so hard to extract any information in a match compared to the screen of previous years. Why should I not be able to see the weather and attendance at HT? Nevermind player stats. As for player stats being shown as % rather than a numerical horizontal list like back in fm13/14 etc.

:(

Try this, if you weren’t aware of it ...

21 минуту назад, JordanMillward_1 сказал:

Actually, Joe Rodon was trained in Wales only (he was a product of the Swansea academy and was there until he was 20), as was Ben Davies (except he was at Swansea until he was 21), so both would only count as "Trained in" Wales, for the purposes of European competition (like the Champions League). It's only in the Premier League or EFL that players who trained in Wales also count as English homegrown.

Thank you for clarification, not sure what is confused me more - that FM21 showed me eligiblity without clarification about this is UK influence onlu or so little count of English players in Spurs :D 

36 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Completely off topic; How would this work if Swansea or Cardiff ever were to qualify for Europe from the English league system?

First game after update and we had 6 bookings (only 36 in previous 25 league games this season) but the crazy thing was a VAR check for a penalty that decided it was not a penalty!!!  It wasn't even one of those "in or out the box?" ones, just a 'foul' that went to VAR and just wasn't given.  Never seen it before.  Luckily I still won else I'd be raging!

2 hours ago, Trevomac said:

I'm intrigued by whatever system you are using to assign nicknames?

I play FM without the In-Game Editor and wanted an in game way of easily seeing information gleaned from personality/media handling style and coach/scout reports about hidden attributes for players Consistency, Important Matches and Professionalism. Whilst the "Notes" option is a useful way of recording this information in game, you have to click on the notes player by player to remind you of the information you have learned. I have requested/suggested SI include a "Note" field that you could view incorporate as part of a custom view so that you could see all relevant notes for your squad at the same time.... Alas this seems to have fallen on deaf ears. To overcome this I decided to use the Nickname option to show Surname and then three numeric fields using 0-5 "Star" scale for Consistency, Important Matches and Professionalism were 5 is best and 0 is Worst. A "-" indicates no feedback/information available which is likely to indicate OK/Average level (ie likely to be 3 on my scale) that does not merit feedback from coach etc. A * is added if feedback/information indicates it likely to be towards top end of my "Star" rating. So 3* is better than 3 but not as good as 4. 5* is the best...

Using Mason Mount as an example:

Coach report says he is a Fairly Consistent Performer (I rate this as 4 for Consistency on my scale) and that he Enjoys Big Matches (I rate this as 4 for Important Matches on my scale). His Personality is Resolute (which I rate as 5 for Professionalism) and his Media Handling style is Reserved (again 5 for Professionalism on my scale). Combining all this means his Nickname becomes "Mount 445".

Hopefully that is of use. I certainly find it helpful when choosing mentoring groups and selecting players for big matches etc.

Edited by mhaffy

After managing in the VSS for two season, with the best place finish being 3rd and losing in the playoffs, and then resigning after half a season in the Conference national at the position of 24th, I get offered an interview for Bradford 24th in L1 without applying? Weird

4 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

I've played 3 games of a new save since the update and the throw ins are the same. The ball being thrown to opposition players with not a single player on my team within 5 yards. They may have changed the long throw-in instruction issue, but this issue is still there.

they seem even worse now

Players parallel or ahead of thrower near the box, to allow for easy counter, no options available and any player no matter the stats can perform a long throw utter BeeeeeeS!

edit

20210316231416_1.jpg

20210316231437_1.jpg

20210316231444_1.jpg

Edited by jere_d
just to show im not chatting shi