Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

Top Scorers Premier league

14 games Harry Kane 7 goals 3 penalties (he scored em all

Dybala 14 games 3 goals
Salah 17 games 6 goals

Reinier 15 games 4 goals (arsenal current striker)
Lautaro Martinez 14 games 3 goals (man utd

Sebastiano Esposito 19 games 6 goals
rashford 15 games 4 goals

Franesco Panteleoni Chelesea Regen 19 Accel 19 agility 20 balance 19 pace 18 finishing 16 technique 16 fifrst touch 19 off the ball. This is probably th ebest player in the game right now 13 games 6 goals in EPL I just saw him he is god among man..

Spain 

Cesare Riosa 14 games 6 goals ( lone striker Atletico Madrid they are top of the table 12 wins 2 draws0

Havertz 14 games 3 goals

Milan Rafael Leo 10 games 3 goals

Piatek 13 games 3 goals...

Its horrendous . Its ruining emersion for me.

TO be honest I dont think they can fix this... Considering this patch even made thigns slightly worse and they have been wroking on it for a long time 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Likewise had a top scorer on 11 goals from 30-ish games from CM, he was also good at long shots. 

Meanwhile my world class striker looks like a L2 player playing in a top European league. Sad. 

I have noticed my AML and AMR are more likely to shoot the ball in throw in then at goal. I mean horrendous misses btw my strikers both have shoot with power but they always want to pass it to their GK in one on one. In the past versiosn I was worried they may actually kill the opposition GK

This is just based on my observation from watching youtube videos using the new beta ME since the beta wasn't released for FM Touch, but it seems like there is actually plenty of central play and goals produced from open play, when you play with more attacking mentality. So, maybe the ME is perfectly capable of producing more realistic play and scorelines, but the AI in general is too conservative? Hypothetically, if you take Barcelona for example, and if you can have Messi scoring 30+ goals, to me that would mean that maybe it is the AI's mentality levels that need to be tweaked, and not the ME itself? Just a thought. 

The match starts around 12:40 in the video below. This guys has his team producing lots of chances and his strikers scoring a lot, using an attacking mentality. 

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

Are you using full detail for those leagues? I always see these types of tests but nobody mentions if they use full detail or not in those leagues.

Yeah good call. I'm only running the premier league in full detail. Maybe that's why the other leagues are low.

19 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

This is just based on my observation from watching youtube videos using the new beta ME since the beta wasn't released for FM Touch, but it seems like there is actually plenty of central play and goals produced from open play, when you play with more attacking mentality. So, maybe the ME is perfectly capable of producing more realistic play and scorelines, but the AI in general is too conservative? Hypothetically, if you take Barcelona for example, and if you can have Messi scoring 30+ goals, to me that would mean that maybe it is the AI's mentality levels that need to be tweaked, and not the ME itself? Just a thought. 

The match starts around 12:40 in the video below. This guys has his team producing lots of chances and his strikers scoring a lot, using an attacking mentality. 

Now this is really interesting.  im noticing (im playing as Portsmouth in League 1 at the mo), that all the teams are setting up very defensive against me.  Its like the AI is set to be defensive and conservative.  I'm wondering how much the morale and mentality is effecting the results we are seeing.  Everyone is saying its the ME, but what if its things in the game that are causing the ME to behave that way?  What does drive me mad is we batter a team with 70% possession, 10ccc to their none, and then I get hit with a 35yard wonder freekick. Losing 1-0

This happens a lot but what I notice is i never get a result when this happens, no matter what i do, but when in games where I have gone down to 10 men and are losing by a single goal, i regularly find an equalizer or more.  Is this because the AI because less defensive when up against a team with 10 men?

13 minutes ago, Major Raver said:

Now this is really interesting.  im noticing (im playing as Portsmouth in League 1 at the mo), that all the teams are setting up very defensive against me.  Its like the AI is set to be defensive and conservative.  I'm wondering how much the morale and mentality is effecting the results we are seeing.  Everyone is saying its the ME, but what if its things in the game that are causing the ME to behave that way?  What does drive me mad is we batter a team with 70% possession, 10ccc to their none, and then I get hit with a 35yard wonder freekick. Losing 1-0

This happens a lot but what I notice is i never get a result when this happens, no matter what i do, but when in games where I have gone down to 10 men and are losing by a single goal, i regularly find an equalizer or more.  Is this because the AI because less defensive when up against a team with 10 men?

I mean there is some sense in those words but I am seing fundamental problems 

I am conceding this goals

1st- IFK- Cross in my box then my defender fails to clear/clears to opposiiton and he taps it in or heading to each other 

2nd- Counter attack and sometimes it happens like this my ARM sprints tries to cut inside and FORGETS THE BALL.. you know it ... Then they hit me on a counter

3rd Just a simple counter attack after dominating possetion missing multiple chances or playing exremely attacking looking for the goal 

My misses

Still Numerous 1 on 1 especially if it comes from the wing they cant shoot it past the keeper more often then not they manage to put in in throw in

My strikers getting into position forgetting the ball or just passing to the GK instead of blasting him hard

Headers going 2 meters above the net non stop

I mean if you score one of those the game will be open the AI WIll go on attack but why play attacking when its 0:0 and they can hit you on a counter because in this game if I concede first usually its game over

43 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

I know he's playing lower league and a tactic with attacking wing backs, but that's largely more of the same to me. Players just whacking it long and/or to the flanks with every other pass. Wingers given too much room to do their run and shoot thing. Plus the small annoyances like someone trapping the ball and leaving it behind for the opposition.

I saw it summed up best in terms of TI's/PI's/PPM's, like the whole game seems to be trapped under the same conditions no matter what you do:

- Try killer balls often

- Switch ball to flank

- Run with ball often

- Much higher tempo

- More direct passing

- Focus play down flanks

etc.

Just seems predominantly locked in.

I honerstly think two striker formation work much better then one striker formation..

Its small size but since I really love my save I am trying everything to make it bareble for me to continue.

I palyed 2 games with 2 striker and both I won 4:2 4;0 with both strikers scoring . 

its small size but I just think the ME Cant handle one striker formation properly

Problem is two striker formation are not the best for domianting possesion etc especially when my whole team is build around having AML AMR...and I want to play with AMC not striker.. 

Just conceded another goal where my AMR just forget the ball and i got hit on the counter to make matters worse he continue to shot all the time as supportive inverted winger with 9 finishign.. FInished with 6 shots... ..... I am its just heartbreaking losing and watching him squander every chance i got

He is MR with Pass shorter , SHOOT LESS (trait pass instead of shoot) and finished with 6 shots on goal...  completed 13 passes ... I mean he shoots more times then he passes and he has finishing 9 

Edited by Toshef

27 minutes ago, Federico said:

What team are you managing? What team have you played against? What kind of match was it? (Friendly/league/champions League...)

Me? National cup match quarter final against a team in the same division. Got into a bit of a spat before the match, so it's good to get the upper hand.

16 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Me? National cup match quarter final against a team in the same division. Got into a bit of a spat before the match, so it's good to get the upper hand.

Click's Hunter's profile:

Manager Preferred Move

* Level Headed

* Plays Mind Games

Opinion:

* Has a rather good opinion of you and is willing to open talks to become a feeder club

1 hour ago, Toshef said:

I honerstly think two striker formation work much better then one striker formation..

Its small size but since I really love my save I am trying everything to make it bareble for me to continue.

I palyed 2 games with 2 striker and both I won 4:2 4;0 with both strikers scoring . 

its small size but I just think the ME Cant handle one striker formation properly

Problem is two striker formation are not the best for domianting possesion etc especially when my whole team is build around having AML AMR...and I want to play with AMC not striker.. 

Just conceded another goal where my AMR just forget the ball and i got hit on the counter to make matters worse he continue to shot all the time as supportive inverted winger with 9 finishign.. FInished with 6 shots... ..... I am its just heartbreaking losing and watching him squander every chance i got

He is MR with Pass shorter , SHOOT LESS (trait pass instead of shoot) and finished with 6 shots on goal...  completed 13 passes ... I mean he shoots more times then he passes and he has finishing 9 

Same as @HUNT3R here, playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation and went the entire season unbeaten in the league. Also managed to qualify from my CL group despite only grabbing one point out of the first three games. It's not about the formation, it's about how you set up.

That said, I did have a lot of issues playing against 4-4-2's before the beta release (which I'm currently playing and enjoying a lot).

27 minuti fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

Ok but what teams/league? :)

Ah sorry I'm on phone and I can't read profile descriptions.

Im asking because it seems to me that users playing low profile sides are generally happier with the game compared to those playing top sides, as I do. It's just an assumption based on a couple of posts here and surely it has no solid basis to build a pattern upon, or probably it's just an effect of what kind of performance you expect from your team.

1 minute ago, Federico said:

Ah sorry I'm on phone and I can't read profile descriptions.

Im asking because it seems to me that users playing low profile sides are generally happier with the game compared to those playing top sides, as I do. It's just an assumption based on a couple of posts here and surely it has no solid basis to build a pattern upon, or probably it's just an effect of what kind of performance you expect from your team.

I'm a top team now in the league and in general. I'm facing fairly defensive sides. Whether it measures up to the top teams in Europe, I honestly do not know. I just gave my experience.

So far I have mixed feelings about the public beta, but I'm rather enjoying it.

My impression is that good penalty takers miss way too often, even with great morale. In real life, the average player scores at least 7/10. From what I've seen good penalty takers score only 6/10 at max in-game. They should score way more than that. In the end a penalty should be a form of punishment which is still not well-reflected in the game.

Another problem is that players score too many long range shots. It's probably okay for some really good long shot takers (15-20), but overall this needs to be tuned down for lower rated players.

Now the positives: Although strikers and teams in general still don't score enough goals on average, I was able to turn my Barcelona trio, MSG, into goal scoring machines. Messi (IFat; 16 apps, 21 goals, 6 assists), Suárez (Pat; 16 apps, 9 goals, 3 assists), Griezmann (RMDat; 15 apps, 8 goals, 6 assists).  Throughout FM19 I wasn't able to do something similar. However, as you can see I had to give all of them attack duties to make them do something (in a save before this one, which I have given up by now, they underperformed heavily with roles like TQ (Messi), Wsu/at (Griezmann) and DLFsu/at (Suárez) and the same 11/12-Guardiola-esque team instructions). If that's how it works now, I'm fine with that as I think that something like this should work if there's enough support from midfield and full-backs. At least it's good to know that there's no need for diagonal balancing of duties anymore.

I have played more than 60 matches with the public beta so far. I hope this was helpful.

Edited by FMSD0

7 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Beta is no better, worse FM ever, to many problems with the M.E since the get go, doesn't ever seem like its going to be at a good level considering its nearing its last ever update, lost all faith in Si and bitterly disappointed.

Got any specific examples? To be fair, I've played almost an entire season with the beta ME and it's lightyears better than the full game ME right now. 

10 hours ago, saihtam said:

Noticing this more and more.
Like the changes in ME and the flow, but dont get what is going on with defenders. Too often they are brain dead, break the line for no reason or close down 1 guy together leaving huge caps (this double team happens too often in midfield also)

Defenders are improved over the release ME but you're absolutely right. 

What's worse is it gets you from both ends of the pitch because it's equally bad when you think you've scored a great goal only to watch it back and see the opposition defenders basically assisting you with their irrational movement. 

Edited by janrzm

34 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Got any specific examples? To be fair, I've played almost an entire season with the beta ME and it's lightyears better than the full game ME right now. 

Lightyears is a complete exaggeration, only difference I see is a lot less clear cut chances and wingers actually crossing 2 times out of 10 attempts instead of 1 time out of 10 attempts.

Oh and almost forgot that they have completely destroyed Attacking Central Midfield position.

Just for reference sake in case you think I haven't given the beta a chance, I played a full season with Bayern Leverkusen and won the league on goal difference.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

Although win ratio is great and realistic in beta, there's a problem with effectivness of top team strikers and offensive players. Strikers score regularly more against big teams than against small teams who park the bus where they can't score because parking the bus and limiting space is so effective when measured against offensive attributes. Consequence is that average teams that have average strikers have their strikers scoring the same numbers as top quality strikers. I think i'm done with fm for now until there's a patch that actually makes me motivated to have the best possible players. Yes, i want my Messi-like regen to be able to be utilised in such a way that he can tear apart my tank parking opposition regardless of how they set up and score 50+ goals, especially if opposition are serbian superleague level (or about league one), and not any pep guardiola or mourinho reincarnate would be able to stop the team packed with players of this quality regardless of how they stack the bus with that less quality. Same as i can only applaud when irl teams without messi (Bayern and Totenham) dismantle my Red Star team (which is a top club in my country) in champions league 6-0 or 5-0) regardless of our couch trying to reduce space. In fm, all i have to do is bunker up and win against these teams 1-0 or have an easy draw, or eventually lose 1-0, but in the process making Levandowski look like amateur bystander that was asked 15 minutes before the match to join in on a relaxing street football fun in comparison to my average defenders that have 10 pace and acc.

So, from my comment a few pages back, I've finished my test.

IF you get your opposition instructions correct, it makes the match engine much easier.

So I have 2 saves, a test save and a personal save which is my main. My test save for one season was PSG, it's not finished but it's most of the season through. My personal save is a journeyman save where I've ended up at East Fife (A semi pro team who at the time were about to be relegated to Ladbrokes League 2, the last top end Scottish league).

Please first see the attached results.

My impressions are, the game mirrors quite well real life, IF you get the correct presets for opposition instructions. If you don't get the opposition instructions correct, plus a decent formation, every match is a slog. A big team can make the templates in game work quite well. Combining the Gegenpress template with 1 tweak, to work the ball into the box, plus the attached opposition instructions, as you can see I'm at the point in the save where I will win nearly every game. Even the champions league games, I've not gone on to the tactical discussion areas to get a win all tactic for the larger sides, well at least, not in this experience.

My East Fife save however is a slightly different kettle of fish. I took them over late in the season when they were in Ladbrookes League 1 and apart from a spurt, we were still relegated into league 2 but I was given a 2 year contract. From there I looked at the team and did try to set the formation out myself, however, it's unappealing that my only suggestion from coaches was to play cautious and look to nick a goal from long ball. This was true with the side though. We were a very poor side in all attributes, bad form, bad players and I tried my Gegenpress formation for a first attempt. Combined with my opposition instructions. Bad idea. The opposition instructions were fine, but the team was not capable of playing a very technical and hard working formation. So I switched to a 4-4-2 with wing play. I had mixed results at this point. I managed to get the team a few wins and draws, but it was wildly inconsistent. Perhaps I should have stuck at it and persevered. However I did in this instance take a pre-working 442 formation from the tactics area (either here or FM base) and stuck at it. 

I've now been promoted 2 seasons running with an average CA of 55 to 70 (now in the championship around 75-80 ish). A semi professional club. I'm now in the championship and tied top looking to promote to the Scottish Premiership. We have NO money either. I'm skint and no one barely wants to come to me but we're getting very good results. The game works fine. It's definitely do able but I do feel you need to work backwards. I've attached my set pieces and a screenshot of my OI's for reference. Get the correct set piece takers in place, the correct OI's and the right side parts, THEN work into the formation. After that re-calibrate. I feel like the formation is the last bit of the puzzle and merely the basic structure of how you want to play.

I do have some thoughts on the ME though:

1. Set pieces - A lot of goals are being scored from free kicks where the ball is passed across to the man in space outside the box. Very high frequency. I'm going to see if I tweak my free kick defence whether I can stop this, without losing anything elsewhere.

2. Penalties - Good. Fairly consistent conversion rate with the odd chance of being saved. Just enough to think you might miss but there's a good chance you'll score.

3. Counter Press - Very OP. An awful lot of goals in this game are scored from counter attacks. This may be due to setting the team up but it feels that way.

4. Goals scored in general - Seems fine. The top scorers are roughly in the right ball park. it's probably a bit low but it's nearly right.

5. Central play is rare - So this can happen, but it isn't common. Even looking at the AI and their buildup, it feels like it's a struggle to play through the middle. Most of their goals are like mine even in 443 or 4231, it's all mostly corners or counter attacks. A penalty every 3 games. Open play clinical finishing with good build up through the middle essentially is a novelty. Outside the box is also a lot more common which isn't right.

6. VAR is too obvious. It's asthetic and treat it for now as what it is, but it's very obvious. I think only once I've seen a tight call go on the edge of the penalty area as a penalty.

I hope this covers a few areas and I hope people read this and the negativity (which I also had) will dissipate somewhat. I'll reiterate I've attached my tactics and my set pieces and OI's for people to copy if they feel a bit stuck. Also some screenshots for results etc. This information covers around 3 or 4 seasons so it's a good spread.

PSG - Season Part 2.png2024-25 start - East Fife.png

2023-24 part 2 East Fife.pngOpposition Instructions.png

Hope this helps.

Any queries just let me know.

Wendigo :)

442.fmf Positive 4-1-2-3 DM Wide - Gegenpress.fmf

Edited by Courage89

That's what I call excellent constructive feedback.

I've now been promoted 2 seasons running with an average CA of 55 to 70 (now in the championship around 75-80 ish). A semi professional club. I'm now in the championship and tied top looking to promote to the Scottish Premiership. We have NO money either. I'm skint and no one barely wants to come to me but we're getting very good results. The game works fine. It's definitely do able but I do feel you need to work backwards. I've attached my set pieces and a screenshot of my OI's for reference. Get the correct set piece takers in place, the correct OI's and the right side parts, THEN work into the formation. After that re-calibrate. I feel like the formation is the last bit of the puzzle and merely the basic structure of how you want to play.

This would be good to hear more on, because ultimately you shouldn't be having to work backwards, so would be good to hear why you think the game makes you feel the need to approach it that way.

Also, any PKMs on points 1 and 5 would be well received 

26 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

That's what I call excellent constructive feedback.

This would be good to hear more on, because ultimately you shouldn't be having to work backwards, so would be good to hear why you think the game makes you feel the need to approach it that way.

Also, any PKMs on points 1 and 5 would be well received 

I'll get back to you on this information. Tonight I'll compile a list of goals and how they came about, from each save, as well as a few PKMs for indicators plus any more observations I have. (It might be just me etc.)

Edited by Courage89

34 minutes ago, Courage89 said:

IF you get your opposition instructions correct, it makes the match engine much easier.

Sounds like me a few years ago, now I am a very lazy person, but this is so important. It's a pity as I get older I want to finish a season in a day, but this is a good reminder for me not to be lazy

Well, for me it's worse since I've downloaded the beta, and I'm considering getting back to the "official" game.

There is less long balls and 1 vs 1 that's true, but I've got a HUGE amounts of actions which are always the same. Action is taking place on wings, crosses, headers, and the ball goes to the sky. Lukaku is missing every headers, really. Am i the only one who've got this feeling that it's almost impossible to score on a header ? It made me crazy, because I asked them to play through midfield, but they keep playing onto the wings.

I've also noticed players who are in good situation for attempting a cross, but they wait, go to the extreme limit of the field, and then a defender get stuck to them and block their shot.

That's the last game during which I went mad (come on, 23 shots and only 3 on target).

1972737528_Capturedcran(4).thumb.png.7bcbaf72dfcca0aaa7a39f8e79041be5.png

Well, my fun with FM is coming to an abrupt halt.

Third season managing Coventry and it has been going okay, made some money, set up the team, a committed and long ass save. 

Then the one season the board wants promotion, this rubbish happens. It all feels so artificial.

Nobody can score any more. The players blame me (!!!) when they consistently are rubbish. The opposition goal keeper makes inhuman saves. I lose EVERY penalty shoot-out. I stopped watching them long ago as they were so predictable and boring. Thanks game! 

fun.png

vor 1 Minute schrieb IrrelevantLion:

Well, my fun with FM is coming to an abrupt halt.

Third season managing Coventry and it has been going okay, made some money, set up the team, a committed and long ass save. 

Then the one season the board wants promotion, this rubbish happens. It all feels so artificial.

Nobody can score any more. The players blame me (!!!) when they consistently are rubbish. The opposition goal keeper makes inhuman saves. I lose EVERY penalty shoot-out. I stopped watching them long ago as they were so predictable and boring. Thanks game! 

fun.png

Sounds like something happens in reality too. Usually managers don't know exactly why they are successful and they also don't know why they lose after a big successful season. The average time for a manager at a club is now below one season. But playing football manager all think success is normal and planable, where in reality most fail. I had similar situations while playing FM and in the end you just have to accept it. For me this kind of "randomness" is very important for a simulation. Annoying, when it happens to you, I agree. But it really happens in football, every season.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Sounds like something happens in reality too. Usually managers don't know exactly why they are successful and they also don't know why they lose after a big successful season. The average time for a manager at a club is now below one season. But playing football manager all think success is normal and planable, where in reality most fail. I had similar situations while playing FM and in the end you just have to accept it. For me this kind of "randomness" is very important for a simulation. Annoying, when it happens to you, I agree. But it really happens in football, every season.

I know, it's just annoying. I resigned because I could see the inevitable spiral and gulf between performance and expectation. When the players started to turn on me after I moulded them I didn't want to be there anymore. Leading candidate for a few Championship jobs though :brock:

I have messed with my tactics extensively since starting the PB and now I have won 5 on the bounce and conceded 0 goals with my near complete style of play, yes there are some annoying things that need to be ironed out still, poor strikers heading is my main gripe but as my current form and string of results clearly prove to me there is a very good match engine in there. You just have to work to find it as in all games, real or otherwise.

The next spanking I get will be because I got big headed or lazy and I will just have to admit it. Time spent setting things up properly has got me rewards, so when I feel tired or I am in a rush it is time to save and quit and not skimp and rush through a game.

Yes I manage a good team but I was struggling with the last ME and with the latest beta so I had to evolve or sign on the dole, I evolved.

49 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Fully agree. I only wish that it happened even more, but most gamers would probably hate the game for being too hard. Irl very few managers have the luxury to work with boards that are as patient as those in the game. More often than not, even following 1 very successful season, if they don't start the second season well, the talks of bringing in a new manager starts immediately. This is even worse in some leagues, where managers who take over a struggling side mid-season are expected to right the ship immediately and otherwise get the sack after only 5-10 matches and can't even finish that half season. Happens in Turkish league several times a year :)

Edited by bleventozturk

1 minute ago, bleventozturk said:

Fully agree. I only wish that it happened even more, but most gamers would probably hate the game for being too hard. Irl very few managers have the luxury to work with boards that are as patient as those in the game. More often than not, even following 1 very successful season, if they don't start the second season well, the talks of bringing in a new manager starts immediately. This is even worse in some leagues, where managers who take over a struggling side mid-season get the sack after only 5-10 matches and can't even finish that half season. Happens in Turkish league several times a year :)

Yeah, just what i want after a hard day, not having a damn clue what is going on and being more frustrated than I already am with a game for not finding any consistency. Might as well make a requirement that you have to have a real continental pro license to be able to start a match. If you want the grim reality of being a manager, you can try that in real life. In my case, i want to build my team, find a tactic that i don't have to meddle with too much and which gives the results that i want, deal on the market, build my story and develop top players, make the greatest team and obliterate teams. Getting sacked in this fm is not a problem, destroying other much weaker teams constantly so your offensive players can get the statistics they should be having due to ability difference, not so much, given the effectivness of bus parking. 

This update really tricked me. I was impressed that you solved the defenders' reaction with the long balls very well. However, set pieces goals have become frequent, my players keep failing in front of the GK and the number of fouls is out of common

So on FM 19, I complained quite frequently about AI transfer offers. How often they would start by offering "value" plus 20%, how they would refuse to negotiate up reasonably for a top level wonderkid, etc. One of the most annoying was going through an entire transfer sequence with one club, where they would make offer after offer- you would start by turning down say 20 and 3 offers later, reject 45m and then another club would come in and start all over by offering 20m. Just illogical, especially if the whole sequence was public offers. 

I'm seeing something kinda weird, but it might be very situational. I'm managing a Mexican club that starts in the 2nd division but we promoted. My first youth intake was mediocre - one player who I thought we could be useful and some lesser prospects. The lesser ones aren't useless but just don't quite have the potential to be useful. PA in the 100-120 range. I had offers for a couple of them and let them go. But I decided to keep two of them. But I've been getting absolutely constant offers from Mexican clubs for them. Like 5 offers a day. The players haven't gotten unsettled so its not really annoying. And honestly, some of the offers are probably good value. But its gotten weird...

I'll get several offers in a day from different clubs, and the offers vary widely in value. I just got 3 offers for an 18 year old defender with 3 star potential and value of 525 (not K). One Mexican club offered 35K. A Russian club offered 2.3K. And another Mexican club offered 190K. That's... a pretty massive diversity in the offers. 

That's a fair point about widely differing offers.  I do wonder, however if this is not preferable to 3 clubs bidding for your player on the same day, all bidding the same price with the same add-ons, which happened in previous versions?

Fairly small sample size so far as I haven't had a chance to play a tonne of games.

First impressions: 

- There's a lot less balls over the top leading to one on ones. Great stuff.

- Everything else feels the same as before. Way too many goals from set pieces, ugly goals, penalties awarded and missed one on ones (there's less of them but I've still missed every single one on one so far).

Edited by darthlemon

56 minutes ago, bcereus said:

So they killed center play to fix the long balls over the top and now the football is back out to the wings with blocked crosses. Also goals from long shots. Essentially FM 19 issues.

I'm not sure there is a balance to be had in the ME anymore, I think it seems like a complicated mess that needs a revamp. It seems to only do extremes where the pattern of play is forced through one area of the pitch.

I wouldn't mind if center play required very high level of technical/movement ability but it's no longer really about the players or your choices. It's just what the ME allows you to do.

There seems to be somehow a link in the ME between the frequency of those unrealistic long balls over the top and the rest of the central play, which I first noticed during the development/patching of FM 19, and I stated that my biggest fear for this third patch was that with the fix on long balls the shorter central play will disappear again. This is fundamentally wrong, that it is either one extreme or the other, and I wonder what is causing it. If SI can't figure it out in more than a year time since the beginning of FM 19, there is probably not much hope of getting it right in the short period of time remaining. Having said that, based on the videos that I have seen, it is not as bad as FM 19, and I think I will be happy with ANY degree of improvement at this point before the final release. Fwiw, between the two extreme, I certainly prefer the long ball option, simply because I can setup tactics that can nearly eliminate that, both for me and for my opponents, whereas in FM 19 there is no way of creating central play, which imo was the dullest ME ever produced by SI.

Edited by bleventozturk

i enjoyed playing 4 3 1 2 until this last patch (Back to back promotions with Blackpool) and like most say with the destruction of the central play along with the AM role which has been suspect for many years but its currently impossible to play as not got the players for anything with any real width.