Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Beta is late then?:D  Websites regularly take a guess at release dates so this is no more than that- all the full details will be released if and when they are ready.

I just think they've not updated the page, it's a Sega approved retailer, genuinely got butterflies thinking oh my god it's time :lol:

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Photoshop! :D 

Haha, no. :D THat was from a more recent quest to "stress test" one on ones and similar situations (I was curious). However, I don't think it's conclusive for the simple fact alone that there's quite a bit more space than in your average one. Plus, unrealistic tactical Input. If you're interested, I had uploaded the match pkm here. 

Edited by Svenc

Runner up in Twitpoll roulette on Sunday was usability - one requested on our forums lots of times, is the ability to change the sorting of player attributes to the way they are in English when you're playing in a language that isn't English. #FM20Features

Does this work the other way around?

8 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Nearly spat me coffee all over my laptop then:

1.thumb.PNG.93d81006750f7143cd795ceab4003cc4.PNG

25th October Beta available?!? 8th November release date! 

Let's see how many fall for that one despite the announcements and Miles saying it will be released on 19th November 2019. But maybe the release date will be the Beta release date. :) That would definitely be possible and within the 2 weeks prior to release.

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

Can we have another Twitch stream, pretty please? :D

Last year they did a few of them and it's always fun watching the lads play the game before the release.

Would be interesting if they did one with an actual manager / club staff (could be youth team as well) from the clubs they're working with directly (Wimbledon, Watford, Leverkusen,...). Last year was pretty fun though. They took Leverkusen, and demonstrated the new Gegenpress pre-set. Whilst both Bayern and Dortmund both barely got out of their half anymore (5 shots or something in total for both of them each) -- Leverkusen lost both matches  to a Long shot and a DFK respectively. :D 

Edited by Svenc

19 minuti fa, Svenc ha scritto:

Would be interesting if they did one with an actual manager / club staff (could be youth team as well) from the clubs they're working with directly (Wimbledon, Watford, Leverkusen,...). Last year was pretty fun though. They took Leverkusen, and demonstrated the new Gegenpress pre-set. Whilst both Bayern and Dortmund both barely got out of their half anymore (5 shots or something in total for both of them) -- Leverkusen lost both matches  to a Long shot and a DFK respectively. :D 

I have a pretty clear idea why this never happened outside commercials. quite strange, right?

Edited by MBarbaric

1 hour ago, Svenc said:

Would be interesting if they did one with an actual manager / club staff (could be youth team as well) from the clubs they're working with directly (Wimbledon, Watford, Leverkusen,...). Last year was pretty fun though. They took Leverkusen, and demonstrated the new Gegenpress pre-set. Whilst both Bayern and Dortmund both barely got out of their half anymore (5 shots or something in total for both of them each) -- Leverkusen lost both matches  to a Long shot and a DFK respectively. :D 

It's why I'm surprised they go with a live stream at all.  Although it gives the consumer a better idea of the product, it seems to be asking for issues.  Anyone who has ever demonstrated anything before knows that it works great up until the time where someone else is looking at it.

52 minutes ago, forameuss said:

It's why I'm surprised they go with a live stream at all.  Although it gives the consumer a better idea of the product, it seems to be asking for issues.  Anyone who has ever demonstrated anything before knows that it works great up until the time where someone else is looking at it.

True, probably not do it at too early a stage. Then again, as a Demonstration of a new feature it was quite powerful, it didn'T work, it worked a treat -- in particular considering that Pressing, in particular Deep on the pitch / in side the Opponent half had Always been a bit of an issue imo. A good deal of players may not at all care about a bit of unrealism here or there either way. (Looking at the wider community Achievements, they are Pretty used to that Kind of Thing anyway--.) 

I'd genuinelly be interested if they could get some Football staff to be involved in such a Stream. They may also share some anecdotes how they go About Things at their actual Clubs.

Edited by Svenc

Just a personal observation.

I've watched all the footage from the various YouTuber's, I do think it works as a media strategy, to a point. In terms of FM content creators I feel they are almost all fairly niche, one had just a few hundred subs from memory. Are we expecting anything from Loki-Doki or BusttheNet? Their absence so far is noticeable.  Personally I'd have preferred to see more SI produced media releases run in conjunction, much as we saw with FM19. Maybe these will still come and there will be a flurry of releases in the final build up. 

3 hours ago, janrzm said:

I've watched all the footage from the various YouTuber's, I do think it works as a media strategy, to a point. In terms of FM content creators I feel they are almost all fairly niche, one had just a few hundred subs from memory. Are we expecting anything from Loki-Doki or BusttheNet? Their absence so far is noticeable.  Personally I'd have preferred to see more SI produced media releases run in conjunction, much as we saw with FM19. Maybe these will still come and there will be a flurry of releases in the final build up. 

Doubt there'd be much from Loki, he lives in NI and going through a breakup currently. I doubt he'd have made it to London to do anything. 

9 hours ago, janrzm said:

I can’t speak for Loki, but it’s a tad bit challenging  to get me to London since I am 8 time zones away. Nevertheless, I am happy that the SI communications team is turning to the FM community to publicise the game. It hasn’t always been like that but the last two seasons have been a step in the right direction.

4 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I can’t speak for Loki, but it’s a tad bit challenging  to get me to London since I am 8 time zones away. Nevertheless, I am happy that the SI communications team is turning to the FM community to publicise the game. It hasn’t always been like that but the last two seasons have been a step in the right direction.

Can't wait for your content mate. Your videos have made me a 100 x better player. :applause:

On 26/10/2019 at 00:10, Seb Wassell said:

When you get your hands on it I hope you will be able to experience this for yourself, but the Club Vision is a considerable module and was not already in the game. It contains over 100 objectives, a handful of which were taken and evolved from Philosophies, and will impact you from day one.

Quick questions about this. For example, Manchester United. In reality, they've over-inflated the importance of the academy and domestic-based players, and in a big club this isn't viable. Not much understanding that the class of '92 was an anomaly, and the academy hasn't really produced that much quality since then. Man United were built on signing the best players domestically and younger players internationally to take them to greater heights in the past. 

That's just for perspective.

Given that some of these will tie into FM20's vision aspect for Man United, will it be possible to remove these objectives when we get going, especially, if, as a manager, you'd like to move the club in the direction you seem best?

1 minute ago, MatthewS17 said:

will it be possible to remove these objectives when we get going, especially, if, as a manager, you'd like to move the club in the direction you seem best?

This is something I think will be in the 'you'll have to play the game to find out' column. Something like that as part of the club vision feature isn't going to be announced prior to release, I wouldn't have thought.

On 26/10/2019 at 17:31, Svenc said:

The above would make sense if the Content Providers were not allowed to set the game to highest graphical Details (or if that's not yet implemented). What limits them here is the hardware they have in their specs. If that wouldn't suffice it would only render things at choppy framerates. What puts the strain on the upload is something different. Given that most of them have uploaded their vids at at least 720p (SI themselves 1080p), that didn't appear to be much of a strain at all.

That said, given that there's community pitch texture packs on any version, that grass can always be some greener on the other side  patch. :D 

True to a certain extent !! but since FM19 its been very hard to patch the turf . There are a few but they still remain very bland

17 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Quick questions about this. For example, Manchester United. In reality, they've over-inflated the importance of the academy and domestic-based players, and in a big club this isn't viable. Not much understanding that the class of '92 was an anomaly, and the academy hasn't really produced that much quality since then. Man United were built on signing the best players domestically and younger players internationally to take them to greater heights in the past. 

That's just for perspective.

Given that some of these will tie into FM20's vision aspect for Man United, will it be possible to remove these objectives when we get going, especially, if, as a manager, you'd like to move the club in the direction you seem best?

From the main website:

"You will be able to negotiate your club vision at the end of the season or when you take a new job. During these meetings, the board will lay out the current the club culture, ongoing and five year plan objectives before moving on to the negotiation stage of the meeting."

Edited by Soviet

So, still no real answer to the questions I already posed.

For all players, has transfer logic been updated in any way, shape or form? Or will players continue to get repeatedly spammed with the same substandard offers as before?

1 minute ago, cwc1 said:

So, still no real answer to the questions I already posed.

For all players, has transfer logic been updated in any way, shape or form? Or will players continue to get repeatedly spammed with the same substandard offers as before?

We dunno, none of us have played it, there's loads of stuff on Youtube, I've not seen anyone complain about transfers but I don't know how far into the save they went 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

We dunno, none of us have played it, there's loads of stuff on Youtube, I've not seen anyone complain about transfers but I don't know how far into the save they went 

Aren't some of the mods here members of the dev team?

2 minutes ago, cwc1 said:

Aren't some of the mods here members of the dev team?

Anyone and everyone involved will be subject to NDAs. If SI can or want to answer something, they will. Until then, we just have to wait for more news or the Beta to drop. There's no harm in asking, but don't expect answers. Everyone is furiously busy working on the game, which is only a good thing for us. :)

13 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Anyone and everyone involved will be subject to NDAs. If SI can or want to answer something, they will. Until then, we just have to wait for more news or the Beta to drop. There's no harm in asking, but don't expect answers. Everyone is furiously busy working on the game, which is only a good thing for us. :)

It's not like I'm asking SI to reveal their source code or the inner workings of the match engine. 

It would be nice to know that a feature that is a) a core feature of the game and b) has been an issue since ... forever ...  has been fixed.

2 minutes ago, cwc1 said:

It's not like I'm asking SI to reveal their source code or the inner workings of the match engine. 

It would be nice to know that a feature that is a) a core feature of the game and b) has been an issue since ... forever ...  has been fixed.

Beta is soon™ so it won't be long before we know :thup:.

15 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Beta is soon™ so it won't be long before we know :thup:.

Is there a possibility for future releases to also include a beta for FM touch ios version. As it stands now I buy the fat version and play the beta until fmt is released. Then I just play fmt as its just more accessible especially nowdays with small kids and all that...

Man everyone's here on fire about match engine and graphics.

Meanwhile this filthy casual is still waiting for improvements on transfer AI, international management and finally being able to properly control U20 and U18 teams (since now if you go on vacation the game doesn't keep your formation and tactics). Oh and another thing, a proper randomization when you choose to play with fake players, not just the real ones with other names.

Edited by DMaster2

8 hours ago, DMaster2 said:

Man everyone's here on fire about match engine and graphics.

Meanwhile this filthy casual is still waiting for improvements on transfer AI, international management and finally being able to properly control U20 and U18 teams (since now if you go on vacation the game doesn't keep your formation and tactics). Oh and another thing, a proper randomization when you choose to play with fake players, not just the real ones with other names.

We all want this also more than ever.

But currently main thing is that we can see some footage of gameplay and graphcics. About AI etc we can tell when getting our own hands on.

10 hours ago, DMaster2 said:

Meanwhile this filthy casual is still waiting for improvements on transfer AI, international management 

Transfer AI, yes please.

International Management yes please

finally being able to properly control U20 and U18 teams (since now if you go on vacation the game doesn't keep your formation and tactics).

Not really sure that's an issue for the casual gamer haha

Oh and another thing, a proper randomization when you choose to play with fake players, not just the real ones with other names.

This right here would be one of the hardest things, it would take sooooo long to generate that many players from scratch

38 minutes ago, CAGSEN said:

hey guys,

I have a question. I haven't buy FM20 pre-order. Can I play the beta version? I think I can't but ... :)

Thanks.

Yes you can if you buy from SI approved retails or whatever they’re called.

Edited by Armistice