What's the lowest ranked team you've taken to glory?

For me it's Orient. I've tried with Wimbledon, Northampton, Accrington, Carlisle, Torquay amongst others but have never managed to get to the Prem. With Orient I've won the Prem numerous times. Not sure why, apart from maybe the fact that I know the club so well and have much more motivation with them. Other than that I have no idea why I'm naff with most other teams!

On FM13 I took Stockport from Conference North to the Championship Play-off final, iirc I lost to West Ham & then jumped ship when Villa offered me a job. Back on the LLM FM07 clan I took Elgin from SD3 to the SPL after a decade of effort, never got the chance to try my hand at the SPL as we moved the clan to FM09 at the end of my promotion season.

Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar. Haven't managed seriously in England since probably about FM12. Then it was Stockport, and I believe I got them into the Champions League, but could be wrong. Prior to that it was Millwall for some reason.

I made York City premiership champions for 3 years running, had an FA cup, a League cup and a Uefa cup as well, it took about 8 years to get into the prem following back to back promotions i was stuck in the championship for 5 years:) Unfortunately i never won the champions league, i got to the quarter final before being battered by the holders Juventus who went on to win it again.

Took Margate from vanarama north to premier division under dafuge challenge in 2015 and won premier league but lost in finals and semi finals of CL four times in a row before quitting. To be honest its pretty easy to gain promotion in England or any big league. In FM16 started dafuge challenge with Salford and 4 back to back promotions and i lost interest in that save. My best achievement was taking Montrose from Scottish 4th division to win CL in FM14 though it took 31 seasons.:lol:

This is not in England, but took my local side from Sweden (Ystad) from the lowest (unedited) divisions to CL victory!

This took me around 30 seasons!

It was because they were only playable in the versions around 2000 and back then there were no dynamic rep for me to rely on.. Remember having a 2500 seater and my two best regens being the stars of the team!

On FM13 I took Stockport from Conference North to the Championship Play-off final, iirc I lost to West Ham & then jumped ship when Villa offered me a job. Back on the LLM FM07 clan I took Elgin from SD3 to the SPL after a decade of effort, never got the chance to try my hand at the SPL as we moved the clan to FM09 at the end of my promotion season.

Stockport for me too, about 02/03, I think. Had Schmeichel in goal, Andrew Mainwaring and Erik Nevland up-front and Ritchie Partridge and Brian Laudrup on either wing. Awesome side. Reached the Champions League qualifiers but lost out to Beitar Jerusalem. Lost heart after that.

My best underdog result overall in FM was defeating Australia in Melbourne with the Cook Islands (around CM4). Can still picture that breakaway Niki Te Miha goal. Would have reached the play-offs but for an agonising defeat to New Zealand in a game we dominated. Missed out on the subsequent campaign because of ludicrous weather conditions in a qualifier against New Caledonia, where freak winds caused every ball on the right-hand side of the pitch to blow over the touchline (guessing that was a bug, not a feature).

Last year I did the Big Euro challenge and took Portugalete to the top. I don't remember what I won with them (pretty sure I won the Europa League), but I turned them into a top-tier Spanish team with a number of fantastic youngsters. It helped a lot that I got a tycoon takeover only two or three seasons in.

EDIT: Just looked at my photobucket albums from that save. I won Liga Adelante in 2020-21, Copa del Rey in 2023, Europa League in 2026. Finished 4th in La Liga 2024-25, and third 2025-26. 2025-26 was the last season I had completed. I'm getting kinda nostalgic looking at these and now I wish I hadn't uninstalled FM15...

Don't know if it can be defined as "glory" yet, but in my personal opinion it is. Just finished 2020 season, and managed to steal euro cup play for the next season by finishing 5th in Serie A, with San Marino.

• 2 weeks later...

On FM11 I took Olimpija Osijek, a team from the Croatian third tier who doesn't seem to be in FM anymore, past the Champions League group stage. That was as part of the Gundo Challenge. Never completed the challenge, which was to win the Champions League.

Then on FM12 I took Torns IF from the Swedish fourth tier into the top level, I got bored once I reached the top level though and never became Swedish champion. On the same career however, I then picked up Independiente Rivadavia from Argentina's second tier and won every single possible trophy we could win - Argentinian champions, Libertadores champions, FIFA Club World Cup, etc.

For me it's Orient. I've tried with Wimbledon, Northampton, Accrington, Carlisle, Torquay amongst others but have never managed to get to the Prem. With Orient I've won the Prem numerous times. Not sure why, apart from maybe the fact that I know the club so well and have much more motivation with them. Other than that I have no idea why I'm naff with most other teams!

I have done the exact same thing recently, managed to get them in to Europe. Only chose them from a random name picker as well :)

A few seasons ago I took Ilkeston Town from the Conference North, or whatever it was called, to just missing out on the Championship playoffs.

The first couple of seasons were extremely easy, picking up a few freebies with the right attributes made a massive difference.

League Two was a lot harder and took me 3 seasons to go up but then we found League One a breeze in comparison and won promotion at the first time of asking.

The Championship, however, was a bit of a nightmare and we barely survived two seasons running before linking up with Liverpool and the loanees we got in gave us a chance. Just missed out on the playoffs that season but I didn't like relying on another team's players and when I was offered the job at Nottingham Forest, who had just dropped into League One, I liked that challenge so took it.

That save was just about all I managed on that version of FM and, with less time on my hands these days, I have never tried similar again.

Was happy with the success we had though.

Ilford in FM14, from Essex Senior League to 2037 Champions League winners. Best before that was taking Southport to CL semi final after winning the Premier League. Can't remember what version that was in but it only went down to Conf Premier level so quite a few years ago. Had one player who stayed in the team right through the leagues.

I found this team in the Scottish Third Division who seemed to be under performing. Rangers or something. I once took them all the way to the Scottish Championship in under 10 seasons. Got relegated from there though after 2 seasons.

I found this team in the Scottish Third Division who seemed to be under performing. Rangers or something. I once took them all the way to the Scottish Championship in under 10 seasons. Got relegated from there though after 2 seasons.

Sincerely hope you are joking?

Hiya Ally McCoist, Hiya pal!

• 2 weeks later...

Did it with bromley almost every year, win the champions league, this year I'm trying with Wealdstone, it seems a lot harder this year, inexplicably bad runs coming along every once in a while doing everything it can to ruin it.

Has anyone ever taken a team from for example level 8 of english football to glory? I'd like to hear your stories because i've tried a few times and find it incredibly difficult :lol:

Most recently had Montrose winning everything in Scotland and getting to the Euro Cup semis. But going waaaaay back to the old Champ Man days I won every competition possible with Droylsden, FA Trophy, FL Trophy, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA, CL, World Club and all the leagues....with the exception of the Prem. After 7 years finishing runners up to United, Arsenal and bloody Leeds I gave up. Not quite reached those heights since!

Took Saffron Walden from Level 10 to PL and Champions League on FM13, can't remember if I won either though, got bored a few seasons into the Premiership... It actually wasn't that difficult on FM13, maybe it was a bug (or feature) of the edited database with the extra leagues - my reputation grew quite fast after winning the lower leagues (levels 10 and 9), so I could sign pretty good players for the higher levels, even though I couldn't pay that much in wages.

Took Oxford City to PL and CL glory in FM16, these days find it better to start in Conference North/South (or whatever it's called now) and not bother with the custom databases and lower levels, otherwise there's usually little bugs appearing at some point, and it takes so long to get promoted to the top that most players are regens by the time you do it :)

Have the most respect for the guys who take a team from a small nation to Champions League, like Ystad and the Finnish teams above (amazing work guys!). This isn't too difficult with the English teams because you get the TV money and PL reputation after a series of promotions, but I tried once with Hässleholm and kept getting stuck at Euro cup semi-finals, or even earlier in Champions league, just very hard to get the player quality and afford the wages in these smaller countries. And that was even way before FM16, which made winning much more difficult imo. So great to hear that somebody managed to do this! :D

FCM(denmark) to win the euro champs, basically by stealing regens from other countries and signing every decent free transfer player I could. Ended up with something like 1/18 players actually being from Denmark. But sure, there is no bias in the regen system.

FCM(denmark) to win the euro champs, basically by stealing regens from other countries and signing every decent free transfer player I could. Ended up with something like 1/18 players actually being from Denmark. But sure, there is no bias in the regen system.

What you did there. I see it.

I have taken Hyde AFC from Conference North to Premier league in FM15. Took me nearly a year of real time playing the game though. Had major problems with money along the way as I was progressing up the leagues quicker than I could finance new players etc, so a lot of loans were used.

Archived