Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Defensive said:

It´s really weird that some people say they have a great variety in goals and others (also in the bugs section) still experiencing 100% or 80% of the goals coming from set pieces or long shots.

people who say they have great variety of goals are on a newer ME (version 2016) read back a page or two to see how to get it

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Feriboy2:

people who say they have great variety of goals are on a newer ME (version 2016) read back a page or two to see how to get it

I am on the new match engine and still don't see a great variety of goals. 

Most matches I play don't feature  normally created chances and goals are scored from balls over the top or ridiculous shots, no chances are created by passing moves 

Over 20 games played with the new ME and I'm happy enough, the only thing still missing for me since FM18 is more attempts of through balls from creative players just outside of the area to strikers inside. It seems that if you pin your opponent in his area, your strikers become useless, probably because lack of space, but still your players should attempt some passes even if the success rate is low.

Edited by Icy

I played 5-6 matches with the new ME. Mostly liked it. Of course there are few things that need to be fixed. For example, the ball control is too good I think. The number of penalties seemed a little too much. Defenders sometimes get unresponsive or delayed in reacting.

One minor complaint - this one is giving me flashbacks to when the match performance feedback was introduced.

Club Vision: Match Performance: "Disappointed not to win by a more commanding score-line"

I see that popping up even with away 2-0 victories. I hope this isn't a return to an expectation of winning the majority of your games by 3+ goals. 2-0's are good scores I think. :P

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

One minor complaint - this one is giving me flashbacks to when the match performance feedback was introduced.

Club Vision: Match Performance: "Disappointed not to win by a more commanding score-line"

I see that popping up even with away 2-0 victories. I hope this isn't a return to an expectation of winning the majority of your games by 3+ goals. 2-0's are good scores I think. :P

This is based on the difficulty/importance of the match. For example, Man City would be expected to score more than 2 in most Premier Division away games, whereas Burnley may not. If you've got an example that looks off, please do get it posted in our bugs area for investigation - https://community.sigames.com/forum/696-football-manager-2020-pre-release-beta-bug-forum/

A quick observation about the Euro Cup II is that the prize money is the same as the Euro Cup, in fact if your in from the first qualification round of the 2nd Euro Cup you would get more money.

Shouldn't you get more, or will it be as reputable to win as the original Euro Cup?

5 minutes ago, kertiek said:

even u dont provide the full details of changes, can u say if the changes in that patch are the same from the public beta branch? or does it have even more changes?

Interested to get the answer to this one myself :) Should we keep it on the "public beta" setting still or install the new patch? 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

I have huge ME lag now.. in 20.0.4 it was smooth

Which is why we've responded to you in your thread and we're investigating why your setup is encountering an issue different to nearly every other user. We appreciate you want this fixed and as said are looking into it. Thanks. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Which is why we've responded to you in your thread and we're investigating why your setup is encountering an issue different to nearly every other user. We appreciate you want this fixed and as said are looking into it. Thanks. 

Ok

Thank you very much.

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

See how it goes for the next 5 matches or so then report it if it's still crazy high 

these are the next 4 games from that, i think there is a problem with defenders reacting slow and doing bad tackles bc of that, a lot of cards come from them doing tackles form behind after a player got past from them either because they got dribbled or reacted too slow to a pacey player

image.thumb.png.7dce0454fab65ec4c9b59d9a73b5c551.pngimage.thumb.png.38bafb01429a02b764d313850019477b.pngimage.thumb.png.13163aaf08042d3bc67ac822627b1d35.pngimage.thumb.png.1d848567219e3828eb37d8f017c40d66.png

Edited by kertiek

1 minute ago, pats said:

Thanks @rain94 keep them coming. :thup:

Are you taking requests for gifs? :D Can you please post some gifs of good defending? Thank you. :onmehead:

I will. I'll post some more a little later on. I was only capping actions from attacks because people were saying that there is no variety. 

FPS is all over the place for me now since the update. Menus shooting from 5 fps to 130 and all in between so mouse feels sluggish as hell, match engine now not going over 50. Was smooth 100% of the time and high fps previous to this. This is with a GTX 1080, 8700k, 16gb ram, nothing else running.

1 minute ago, rain94 said:

I will. I'll post some more a little later on. I was only capping actions from attacks because people were saying that there is no variety. 

Thanks again. Some gifs of improved reaction time of center backs from long balls played in behind would be nice if it's possible. 

6 minutes ago, CountTrapula said:

FPS is all over the place for me now since the update. Menus shooting from 5 fps to 130 and all in between so mouse feels sluggish as hell, match engine now not going over 50. Was smooth 100% of the time and high fps previous to this. This is with a GTX 1080, 8700k, 16gb ram, nothing else running.

Same for me.

Open a topic just like me.. that  could  help them fix  it

I’ve noticed that it’s extremely hard to convert chances so far. More often than not it’ll be long range strikes and headers etc. I very rarely see clear cut chances converted, most of the time the keeper makes an unbelievable save or the player simply chokes.

6 minutes ago, enterprise1 said:

I’ve noticed that it’s extremely hard to convert chances so far. More often than not it’ll be long range strikes and headers etc. I very rarely see clear cut chances converted, most of the time the keeper makes an unbelievable save or the player simply chokes.

Feels similar to FM19 in that regard. 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, CountTrapula said:

Please create your own thread here explaining what's happening and our team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/714-match-engine-art-animations-benchmarking-performance-facegen-and-manager-man/

Would be useful if you included a DxDiag, details on how to do so here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r844/

Thanks. 

Couple of things:

I have my assistant take control of training, however its got to the 2021 World CLub Championship which is taking place over the summer and there is no training between the matches? I can manually take over but my assistant is refusing to hold training sessions when delegating training to him.

General question, if I set my Assistant to tak control of touchline instructions suring th ematch, is that just shouts or actual tactics? I want him to take control of shouts but not subs or tactics.

What would be the best place to point out a flaw in the playing schedule setup for clubs in the Belgian second division? I just looked at my schedule playing as OHL and it seems that were playing every 4-5 days with quite a few midweek games. In reality, this doesn't happen, ever. We play weekly, with 1 game on Friday evening 20h30, one on saturday at 17h00, one on Saturday at 20h30 and one on Sunday at 16h00. From what I can see, it seems to be because of international breaks but in real life, the league goes on during those breaks (unfortunately because I am an OHL sup in real life and we tend to miss a few players every time). 

Edited by KlaaZ

vor 2 Minuten schrieb DanBeats90:

Quick question about the update - will it automatically override the public beta update? Or will i need to switch public beta off to get this update?

Both are version 20.1.0.