Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

5 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

What would be the best place to point out a flaw in the playing schedule setup for clubs in the Belgian second division? I just looked at my schedule playing as OHL and it seems that were playing every 4-5 days with quite a few midweek games. In reality, this doesn't happen, ever. We play weekly, with 1 game on Friday evening 20h30, one on saturday at 17h00, one on Saturday at 20h30 and one on Sunday at 16h00. From what I can see, it seems to be because of international breaks but in real life, the league goes on during those breaks (unfortunately because I am an OHL sup in real life and we tend to miss a few players every time). 

this is the thread for it: 

Before posting there please read this: 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutos atrás, DanBeats90 disse:

Quick question about the update - will it automatically override the public beta update? Or will i need to switch public beta off to get this update?

The 20.1 is the update that we got from the public_beta thingy. I assume this is the same update released to everyone.

If I'm wrong someone correct me please. 

EDIT: Just saw @KUBI answer, it's indeed the same thing.

Edited by 99

5 minutes ago, 99 said:

The 20.1 is the update that we got from the public_beta thingy. I assume this is the same update released to everyone.

If I'm wrong someone correct me please. 

EDIT: Just saw @KUBI answer, it's indeed the same thing.

Lovely. So it won't update or 're-install the fake files I've deleted, etc? Or will i need to go back in to Steam folder and delete them again?

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Congrats we've gone back to FM19s ME but worse IMO. 

Goals from Longshots are now 0%

Goals from Through balls are 0%

One on one's still barely successful

100% of goals from weird mistakes and set pieces. 

God this is awful. 

I've seen a lot of long shot goals (as there were in FM19) - but from the sample I've played goals seem to fairly neatly divide into either: (1) Long range, (2) set piece or (3) screw-up. 

Just lost 3-2, conceeded two set piece goals and one goal in injury time due to a screw-up. 

3 hours ago, tyro said:

Best thing is to just play the game (if you have the beta) because it's like you drive in your car and see these signs for a new McDonald's menu. Suddenly, all that is in your head is this burger menu and this is all you see. You keep seeing each of the signs, each of the commercials on TV, and it seems to be everywhere in your life.

The same thing here, you are all happy enjoying your game, then you read a message in the forum about some player doing X and then that is all you see and more and more and it snowballs and it annoys you so much that you won't play anymore.

Just ignore the burger signs !!!

Play the game without influence and you'll enjoy :)

I really want a McDonald's now 🍔

2 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I've seen a lot of long shot goals (as there were in FM19) - but from the sample I've played goals seem to fairly neatly divide into either: (1) Long range, (2) set piece or (3) screw-up. 

Just lost 3-2, conceeded two set piece goals and one goal in injury time due to a screw-up. 

Really hasn't been my experience so far. 

Not seen a single long shot goal. 

One on one's are just always missed still. 

All goals come from set pieces and cock ups. 

If this is the final ME then. God I won't be playing for long this year 

8 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

God this is awful. 

Considering FM19 had about 25% long shot goals compared to about 13-14 IRL, that just doesn't make sense. 

15 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

God this is awful. 

Really? Just scored this beauty.

10 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

God this is awful. 

no.

4 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Do you have any data on goals types Jack? Corners, penalties, free-kicks, open play & the like  

Btw. the amount of shots from set pieces should be arguably higher as to FM, as FM's AI oft has that Habit to sit Deep and shut up shop completely. The tactical scnearios in particular top sides face in the game are more one-dimensional than they would in football in General. That said, FM has had too many percentages of ist shots from set pieces in General (a Long-term Thing). This has likely happened because that distinction isn't made. It should be however, as a set piece, to simplify is the result of a defending side getting a foot into an open Play move successfuly in one way or another.

That's not how SI are doing this; and it's not overly relevant as to the Integrity of their (offline) Play world. However, I'd guarantee if they'd "soak test" in a purely human managed Environment (like back then FM LIve…) they'd get very different data, including average scorelines, everything. This would simply happen because of vastly different human match Management when compared to the AI's. I've played my shair of online tournaments in the past, and the difference is usually striking.

Edited by Svenc

18 minutos atrás, DanBeats90 disse:

Lovely. So it won't update or 're-install the fake files I've deleted, etc? Or will i need to go back in to Steam folder and delete them again?

You mean the real names fix thing?

I see no reason for that to happen. Haven't seen any kind of re-install. I suppose it detects the game version, and if it's the same, does nothing.

8 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Just playing friendlies at the minute but so far it's been pretty poor. 

1) Make sure you are actually playing the latest ME version.

2) Never judge anything on friendlies.  Wait until you've played 10-15 competitive matches.

5 minutes ago, luka_ said:

Ok ..first game on 20.1 won 6-1. 3 penalty goals, 3 goals from crosses and one gk mistake goal. Also another penalty review which makes it 4 VAR penalty reviews.

not good signs for 20.1 i'm afraid.

It's one match.  Keep an open mind for several competitive matches (10-15) and then feedback.

13 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I think there's a point where your own experience apparently differs so much from the majority of other users, that you either conclude that everyone else is crazy, or you consider that perhaps your own assessment of things is a bit off.

I think I'm playing a different game to @kiwityke1983 and it seems many of the other chaps in here are too. 

4 minutos atrás, luigiluigi disse:

If I have a logo pack from last year, will it work if i put it in this years graphics folder, or does it need a new config file unique to fm2020?

same with facepack etc

They do work. Just do the normal reload cache and etc.

4 minutes ago, luigiluigi said:

If I have a logo pack from last year, will it work if i put it in this years graphics folder, or does it need a new config file unique to fm2020?

same with facepack etc

Mine slotted straight in from FM19, just move it to the 2020 folder and it should work fine once you reload the skin.

7 minutes ago, herne79 said:

1) Make sure you are actually playing the latest ME version.

2) Never judge anything on friendlies.  Wait until you've played 10-15 competitive matches.

If the latest friendly is anything to go off. 37 shots. 0 clear cut chances. 12 on target 0-0

Yeah thanks I hate it. 

17 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I think there's a point where your own experience apparently differs so much from the majority of other users, that you either conclude that everyone else is crazy, or you consider that perhaps your own assessment of things is a bit off.

Me too because all I'm seeing is pass and set piece simulator. 

Zero movement or anything even vaguely interesting so far. 

My wingers aren't even doing anything against non-league teams. 

20 dakika önce, KlaaZ said:

Considering FM19 had about 25% long shot goals compared to about 13-14 IRL, that just doesn't make sense. 

Something interesting about that.

I started unemployed and simulated game with 3 league in full match detail: Premier League, La Liga and Seria A

When 15 matches played, i added new manager for each team (3 league, 60 teams, yes :)) looked goals locations for each team, and got the results below

Premier League; goals from outside box ratio circa 15%
La Liga; goals from outside box ratio circa 21%
Serie A; goals from outside box ratio circa 22%

I tried this method twice and got similar results. Same match engine but different results for different leagues. Thats so interesting but i have no idea why it is.

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I can exclusively reveal that my right wing-back absolutely loves the latest update to the match engine. 

Mine too. 

3 minutes ago, Dickie Greenleaf said:

just because you're suddenly winning with the new patch, it doesn't change what's on show. it's drip.

How do you know he wasn't winning before?

2 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

And there's my thinly veiled point.

For me, this is the best version of the game in 3 or 4 years, and I've been a pretty harsh critic of recent versions. I'm seeing a variety of attacking movement and goals that I haven't seen before. I'm seeing a better quality of defending than I've seen before. There are still issues with the ME and there likely always will be, but the overall enjoyment levels for me are higher than they have been for ages.

I actually enjoyed the prior version of the ME more than this one. 

It's really wierd. I'm actually seeing more issues now than before the update. 

Just downloaded the new beta & giving it a whirl. First thing I checked & noticed is the bug induced transfer embargo when disabling the first transfer window is removed. I'm able to make transfers in my current save! Very, very appreciative. It's an issue that plagued me last year as well & here's hoping it's cleared up once & for all.

As for the match engine, instantly noticed the difference in the wide players, which is great! On the negative side, the highlights are currently quite "jumpy" in-terms of the crowd track, & to a lesser extent, coming in & out of them. I also had a replay which may've been a premonition of sorts, where I won an individual corner, then saw a replay of the corner before it happened, or something similar. Also I have to say the animation does look a little more "awkward" in places, but with all the above I've only played one game, so gonna see how things go.

Edited by TWG85

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

I actually enjoyed the prior version of the ME more than this one. 

It's really wierd. I'm actually seeing more issues now than before the update. 

This is exactly why SI will never please everybody. Everyone's experiences are different. Also, a lot will also depend on what level you're playing at and your tactical set up, as there may still be serious issues with certain set ups, which is why it's still vital you log any bugs you see. 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, RiverReveal666 said:

I have my assistant take control of training, however its got to the 2021 World CLub Championship which is taking place over the summer and there is no training between the matches? I can manually take over but my assistant is refusing to hold training sessions when delegating training to him.

Could you post that here please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/715-training-medical-and-development-centre/

18 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

Mine slotted straight in from FM19, just move it to the 2020 folder and it should work fine once you reload the skin.

Great I thought so thanks.

However, my FM2020 folders have not been automatically created within documents folder. I have tried making the folder and graphics and put this in and it's not loaded.

Can someone advise how I can get the game to create these folders? Obviously me adding manually it is not working

Just now, luigiluigi said:

Great I thought so thanks.

However, my FM2020 folders have not been automatically created within documents folder. I have tried making the folder and graphics and put this in and it's not loaded.

Can someone advise how I can get the game to create these folders? Obviously me adding manually it is not working

Think someone suggested just starting a save and it'll generate all of them.

5 minutos atrás, luigiluigi disse:

You can create them without any problems. Create a folder called "graphics" and inside them the "faces", "kits" and "logos".

2 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is based on the difficulty/importance of the match. For example, Man City would be expected to score more than 2 in most Premier Division away games, whereas Burnley may not. If you've got an example that looks off, please do get it posted in our bugs area for investigation - https://community.sigames.com/forum/696-football-manager-2020-pre-release-beta-bug-forum/

Hmm, it might be just that I'm a weathered Manchester United fan that has no hope in seeing United score away from home IRL, so I do feel it is a touch high in expectations to expect better than 2-0 over Burnley or Southampton away, haha. I don't see it as an issue as long as it doesn't cost me the sack. But... I think away days should maybe be slightly more content with the 1/2-0 wins, whereas the expectation for 3+ goals should be coming from home fixtures.

That said, I am apparently a fairly defensive manager, so this might be a problem of my own making. In 13 league games I have conceded just the one goal, which I think is fairly abnormal for me.