Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In my FMT save with Hibs, David Gray gave away two penalties away to Ross County, both times after I had just shouted 'what a tackle son'. :lol:

Not seen it in the main game. Maybe it's an SPFL thing. Who was your ref? Bobby Madden?

I've not checked the refs tbf, I've literally just closed the game but will check again tomorrow just incase it is a certain one.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 27 minutos, styluz05 dijo:

Well my striker is scoring for fun in my low tempo possession based tactic. Scoring all sorts of goals too I have my wing backs getting crosses in and my AP and wingers are feeding him. 

Can you please upload some videos? and the tactic screenshot?

1 minute ago, pizzachips said:

image.thumb.png.c49a4e3aef2690606d3b46d31d395324.png

hey guys-- is there any settings I can change so that when I go into a club that their positions arent mixed up all randomly. I like having in order from gk.def. mid to attack as a standard

Click on the word 'position' at the top of the squad view, and it'll reorder it by position. All those columns can be used like that. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Click on the word 'position' at the top of the squad view, and it'll reorder it by position. All those columns can be used like that. 

i swear before i posted, each club i went to it wasnt staying order but now it seems to be having done that once.

I'll leave this post for everyones amusement. thx for replying!

7 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

image.thumb.png.c49a4e3aef2690606d3b46d31d395324.png

hey guys-- is there any settings I can change so that when I go into a club that their positions arent mixed up all randomly. I like having in order from gk.def. mid to attack as a standard

hold down the Shift on your keyboard and click on position

I swear something weird is happening with colours in my game :lol: My main team colours are blue & white, after starting a game I noticed my stadium is green for some reason, well at least fans were wearing my team colours. Now after the update they decided to wear mostly red/dark red and white/blue are minority :lol: 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've not checked the refs tbf, I've literally just closed the game but will check again tomorrow just incase it is a certain one.

Just played 3 matches since the update and had 8 penalties in those games 😳 also had 2 not given after VAR 

Well, the Beta has now been out for a while, it has received a few hotfixes and now a larger patch so i figured its probably a reasonable time to provide some feedback.

Honestly I haven't played much as sadly the performance of the 3D graphics engine is well..............'poor' for me this year, the menus and non match screen performance is pretty snappy but comparing FM19 to FM20 the match graphics engine performance is like night and day........and not in a good way.

FM19, watching the 3D Match Engine on very high settings is a solid 60fps with gpu usage at 65%, FM20 is a stuttery motion sickness inducing mess at 50fps -90%+ gpu usage yet the quality of the graphics looks barely any different and the changes seem to contribute very little to the FM experience.

I understand that specs/requirement increase year on year but surely I should be able to at least play FM20 on high or medium settings with a comparable look and performance to FM19, the reality of the situation is that this is not the case. 

With the match engine performance as it is I just can't play, I'm still hopeful the performance will be improved over time but at this time SI seem to be unwilling to acknowledge this as an actual issue with FM and seem happy to push this onto the 'its your CPU' or 'its your GPU' excuse so I can only gather that it has been a deliberate design choice by SI to increase the system requirements for FM. If that is the case then I really question where SI's priorities lay for FM and where FM is heading.

Edited by Sterling
fixed spacing.

There are some matches, where suddenly all sides get alot of yellow cards.
I mean...like ALOT..
This is clearly too much. Even when i set the tackling/aggressivity lower.
Since the last Patch.:)

20191113174200_1.jpg

20191113174335_1.jpg

20191113184039_1.jpg

vor 3 Minuten schrieb bleventozturk:

Referring to Nebuu's post:

What is more concerning for me is to see the user ridiculously dominating the AI in amount of shots. That probably means that tactics (I am guessing the pressing) are still not balanced well.

Nope. It´s just a OP-Tactic i play for the Beta.
"FM20 Beta Tactic: Broken 4-1-2-3" from FM-Scout.

5 minutes ago, Nebuuu said:

Nope. It´s just a OP-Tactic i play for the Beta.
"FM20 Beta Tactic: Broken 4-1-2-3" from FM-Scout.

I'm sorry, aren't you saying the same thing then? The tactic is named broken lol :) which I believe it means it is a setup that AI can't handle? That's what I meant in my previous post. Or maybe I am misunderstanding your response.

Does it utilize high intensity pressing?

Edited by bleventozturk

vor 16 Minuten schrieb bleventozturk:

I'm sorry, aren't you saying the same thing then? The tactic is named broken lol :) which I believe it means it is a setup that AI can't handle? That's what I meant in my previous post. Or maybe I am misunderstanding your response.

Does it utilize high intensity pressing?

Yes. But even the other team get alot of yellow cards. If it would only me, because of the Tactic, it would be logical and "okay".
Just finished another Match...the other team just got 6-7 yellow cards.

20191114020420_1.jpg

I just watched a streamer's game where he had about 40 shots with his Leicester team against Newcastle. He is playing a regular 4-2-3-1. In his previous match Liverpool did the same to him. I am sorry but the ME just looks so unrealistic at the moment. Weaker defenses can't stop the stronger teams creating chances after chances, and I guess to keep the scorelines realistic the conversion rate is so low. Not enjoyable.

Edited by bleventozturk

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've played about 10 games on the new ME, seeing a lot of penalties given for sliding tackles in the box. Maybe an animation issue but the defender always looks like he wins the ball, and it always comes up with a message saying it looked harsh.

Had about six instances of that in those ten games, for me and the opposition. 

I can confirm this.  As Rangers, I had James Tavernier record a hat trick on three penalties.  And then in the very next game, two more penalties (he missed one of them and cost me the game!)  So that was five penalties in two games, all from sliding tackles in the box.  First game I won 4-0.  I was glad to get the win, but none of them really seemed like penalties to me.

Long balls are just ridiculous in this FM.

Every game my team launches literal missiles perfectly to wingers and strikers, often they are then free on goal.

Every player launches a missile, sometimes a CB, sometimes the CM's, doesnt matter but every time the ball lands perfect on the receiving players feet.

It is like you are controlling the flight path of the ball.

It is also not because I am exploiting something, it happens with every formation I have tried

4 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

I understand what you are saying, but I wasn't commenting on that at all. I am talking about the amount of shots, not the yellow cards, so I am not saying that your tactic is causing the yellow cards. I am just saying that AI can't do anything against this tactic that you are using.

That said, the AI may be contributing to as well. ONe dimensional shot stats in particular on this series are simply a byproduct of the AI shutting up shop, being Content with a draw (and sometimes, just not getting trashed). Primarily focused on trying to make it harder to score for the Opposition. This would happen as to FM too much anyway. As soon as the AI is an Underdog in particular, there's a tendency to go that way, whilst in actual Football, Eibar may have an actual go at Barcelona, in particular during Bursts of a match. Purely "simple stats" wise, a bigger concern was if the same were Happening away to Munich, and Kovac actually opted to attack some. Like back on the FM 19 SI Twitch stream with Leverkusen demonstrating the "Gegenpress" preset, in which both Dortmund as well as Munich barely got out of their half anymore with a shot Count of 20 vs 5 for SI managed Leverkusen each (still both won the match against SI staff, mind). :D 

The simple shot data doesn't give that much away at the end of the day. However, as soon as the AI Drops off to spoil, having very one dimensional shot data has Always been the norm. The amount of attempts purely from the set piece would pile up, as well as from range and in generally crowded spaces, which makes for lower conversion rates, but then it should do that, naturally. :D The entire Point of spoiling is trying to Limit premium spaces, after all. Shots from the set piece in my opinion however have Always been too easy to come by. This then gives the Illusion of "Domination", whilst in fact it may be a Team struggling to break a defense down from any genuine Play. On Releases without set piece exploits to save their butts (E.g. NOT FM 2019), this sees Players fuming every year.

As of the refs/yellows: May be worth checking out their Attributes in such matches. On a couple Prior Releases, their discipline Rating in particular would scale very linearly (and unrealistically) with the amount of yellows, for instance. Refs with low discipline Ratings for instance barely averaged a booking per matchl. Meanwhile those with high discipline Ratings averaged 5+ bookings per match. Looking at ref data, it is clear that Overall the Long-term booking stats are Pretty even for refs within a Competition. Aside of the match Play and tactical combinations leading to possibly additional fouls: Maybe there's a Connection to ref attributes here as well.

edit: Surely Hannover AI scoring off 2 shots on target has got to be the bug though. *runs* ;D 

Edited by Svenc

Just now, bleventozturk said:

I just watched a streamer's game where he had about 40 shots with his Leicester team against Newcastle. He is playing a regular 4-2-3-1. In his previous match Liverpool did the same to him. I am sorry but the ME just looks so unrealistic at the moment. Weaker defenses can't stop the stronger teams creating chances after chances, and I guess to keep the scorelines realistic the conversion rate is so low. Not enjoyable.

I understand we need more differentiation between strong teams and weak teams but surely 40 shots is too unrealistic specially in a Leicester vs Newcastle match. If it was a friendly match against a 4th tier club, it could be justified but surely Newcastle can't concede 40 shots against any team in the world. We definitely need more balanced ME as in addition to too many shots, lots of users have reported too many yellow/red cards and penalties as well.

(I do not support Newcastle in real life)

Edited by pats

6 minutes ago, pats said:

I understand we need more differentiation between strong teams and weak teams but surely 40 shots is too unrealistic specially in a Leicester vs Newcastle match. If it was a friendly match against a 4th tier club, it could be justified but surely Newcastle can't concede 40 shots against any team in the world. We definitely need more balanced ME as in addition to too many shots, lots of users have reported too many yellow/red cards and penalties as well.

(I do not support Newcastle in real life)

Dunno, did you not see Leicester v Newcastle in real life recently, they absolutely dominated us, 5-0 flattered them, okay so we had a man sent off but Leicester could've scored more

11 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Dunno, did you not see Leicester v Newcastle in real life recently, they absolutely dominated us, 5-0 flattered them, okay so we had a man sent off but Leicester could've scored more

There was some unusally exceptionally finishing in that match likewise though. Plus an own Goal. https://understat.com/match/11710

The key here anyway is working out how the actual Managers of both sides managed this match. And how the AI as well as the Player managed this match likewise. I think we would see some striking difference, even without the factor ME taken into account. Speaking of the latter: Leicester had but two off its 14 attempts from a set piece, plus a shot from a counter attack (which suggests the real world Newcastle AI didn't shut up shop to spoil and hope for the best 90 minutes). ;) https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1376020/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2019-2020-Leicester-Newcastle-United 

Edited by Svenc

Played two more games with new ME. Number of shots are reduced, not like in previous matches. Was down 1-0 against a mid table team, went all attacking and had about 5-6 cc-s and none goal was scored. But that was just one match altough. 

No doubt about it, the game on my MacBook Air (2017) is an awful lot slower with the new update. I know it isn't the most amazing laptop to play FM on but the previous Beta version was so snappy and quick but now the game feels sluggish and there is almost a second pause after every click now.

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this and get it back to how it was on the previous Beta version?

3 minutes ago, markvcam said:

Second game, 3 penalties in my favour!

12 minutes ago, markvcam said:

First game with the new patch, 4 penalties against and 3 red cards all for two footed challenges! :/

For me, Lewandowski has missed his last 3 penalties, are pens supposed to be low conversation rate this year.

To me it looks like players shoot not directly into the corners, mostly just in the half space 

Edited by 30topost

12 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

A large proportion of "bug reports" being raised in the bugs sub-forum are just based on anecdotal feedback:

"I've missed five penalties"

"There are too many offsides"

As a reminder (and as per the stickied threads in the Match Engine bug area) SI need you to attach pkms or they have nothing to investigate. 

maybe people don't want to report, maybe they just want to discuss it? it's all good always reporting, but sometimes it may not be a "bug" but their opinion. 

i've been to told to upload a PKM because i said my STs miss too many 1v1s. i'm not saying its a bug, i just wanted to discuss as i may be doing something wrong tactically

From an aesthetic point of view the new ME seems to produce better football.

The massive amount of balls over the top and huge cross field passes have gone down.

Players are scoring 1v1s.

People on the byline actually cut it back.

Strikers are passing to people in better positions.

Defenders are reacting to long balls and actually heading them away.

Seen some very good moves both for my team and against my team, there was one spell Man City had where they literally just one touch passed it around at a rapid pace with my team chasing shadows.

Not seen massive amounts of penalties or long shots or goals from set pieces (only played about 5 games mind)

--------------------------

Also overall so far delighted that the AI is not massively negative and that approach isn't effective, in FM19 after your team starting getting good, the AI would pretty much park the bus consistently against you and almost every team would do this regardless of their league position or form at the time, and it was overly effective stifling chances. This doesn't seem to be the case in FM20

21 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

maybe people don't want to report, maybe they just want to discuss it? it's all good always reporting, but sometimes it may not be a "bug" but their opinion. 

i've been to told to upload a PKM because i said my STs miss too many 1v1s. i'm not saying its a bug, i just wanted to discuss as i may be doing something wrong tactically

Then discuss it in this forum or the tactics forum.  The Bugs forum is for reporting bugs with backup evidence such as pkms :thup:.

20 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

That's not what the bugs threads are for though , and it rapidly clogs up the section. If you think it's tactical, that's one for the tactical threads if it's a discussion you want to get into, or use a thread in GD 

2 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Then discuss it in this forum or the tactics forum.  The Bugs forum is for reporting bugs with backup evidence such as pkms :thup:.

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

That's not what the bugs threads are for though , and it rapidly clogs up the section. If you think it's tactical, that's one for the tactical threads if it's a discussion you want to get into, or use a thread in GD 

thats what people have been doing? this particular thread isn't for reporting bugs but people keep telling others to upload PKMS. is this thread not for feedbacks/discussion no? me saying that i'm missing so many 1v1s, thats my opinion and its feedback that i want to discuss with others. but then someone tells me to upload PKMS...but why? im not saying its a bug, i want to discuss it...

this is in the "Football Manager General Discussion" forum, not the "Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta Bug Forum" forum...

i don't understand what either of you are trying to say because this is not the bug thread

5 hours ago, StatboySpurs said:

I can confirm this.  As Rangers, I had James Tavernier record a hat trick on three penalties.  And then in the very next game, two more penalties (he missed one of them and cost me the game!)  So that was five penalties in two games, all from sliding tackles in the box.  First game I won 4-0.  I was glad to get the win, but none of them really seemed like penalties to me.

Agreed,

Rangers only getting 5 penalties in 2 games is far too low to reflect real life

@RDF Tactics Then I guess we are talking about the same and just got wires crossed.  You were responding to someone who had been pointing out that many people are using the Bugs forum to give feedback and your reply seemed to suggest that's what they should do if they wanted to discuss things.  All cleared up now :thup:.