Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the addition of the option in the in game editor to loan players to another club. 

So many times over the years clubs do not wish to use loan players in the way I want. I.e. they use them just as backup. Now it will be easy to just move them to a feeder team that we are affiliated too.

Excellent!

Is there anyway of searching for social or news items at all? Not in the inbox that is. We used to be able to search the inbox for takeover news by searching for 'takeover' but now these items are lumped in the news or social section, I am unable to search through to find these news stories without not receiving news about anything else.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, javier_83 said:

Hi guys,

Want to share this review from a spanish video game page:

http://www.meristation.com.mx/pc/football-manager-2017/analisis-juego/2154136

It's already in the review thread here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/385918-football-manager-2017-reviews/

Is there some way to get rid of the "highlight key attributes for role" permanently? Even if you clear it, it comes back when you return to that player's page. In FM16 you could get rid of it by just reloading the save, but that doesn't work anymore. I know it may seem like a small thing to complain about, but I find it very annoying.

27 minutes ago, jockmick said:

Is there some way to get rid of the "highlight key attributes for role" permanently? Even if you clear it, it comes back when you return to that player's page. In FM16 you could get rid of it by just reloading the save, but that doesn't work anymore. I know it may seem like a small thing to complain about, but I find it very annoying.

Yeah this needs sorting guys. Been logged through FM16 and FM17 bugs forum. A very annoying issue on the interface. 

1 hour ago, DP said:

Yeah this needs sorting guys. Been logged through FM16 and FM17 bugs forum. A very annoying issue on the interface. 

I mentioned this is the beta feedback thread too but it was ignored / not picked up. VERY annoying.

3 minutes ago, RiverReveal666 said:

Anyway to change the pitch pattern for the home team? My man utd team seem to be playing on a 1 tone unpatterened green pitch and it doesnt look great.

Thanks

Not sure, but maybe that's something for FM18; hiring a head groundsman.

Preferred grass design: concentric circles

Preferred grass length: 5mm

White line straightness deviation: 0 to 1 degrees

Preferred lawnmowing technique: grazing sheep

12 minutes ago, RiverReveal666 said:

Anyway to change the pitch pattern for the home team? My man utd team seem to be playing on a 1 tone unpatterened green pitch and it doesnt look great.

Thanks

I've noticed this with my Man Utd save too.

A team like Leicester always have unusual but very good pitch patterns. Would be good to see this replicated in the game.

Your groundsman coming to you with pitch pattern options would be an awesome feature in the future.

42 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

I've noticed this with my Man Utd save too.

A team like Leicester always have unusual but very good pitch patterns. Would be good to see this replicated in the game.

Your groundsman coming to you with pitch pattern options would be an awesome feature in the future.

Yeh it would be a good addition in the future.

Im starting to think I have a demo bug, 3 home games in a row, charity shield and away to everton and all 1 tone green pitch. Is that normal?

Other than that I think its a big step up from last year.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Altair said:

A good addition in the future could be the kit selection choice because sometimes you play blue vs black when your team can be white and it's better.

If you have any examples of kit clashes please raise them here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Many thanks. 

Why do we have to reset the database selection every time we start a new game if we have any editor files active?

I just had to throw out five hours of gameplay into the garbage bin because I realized I had a few leagues active that shouldn't. And no, I won't just de-activate them because I want them as view-only and nothing else.

The first few hours of a new save are always the most boring one. Just when I thought I had passed that boring part I had to start over again. My will to play the game suddenly took a great hit. And it could have been avoided if I hadn't had to re-do the selection process every time.

26 minutes ago, AIK said:

I just had to throw out five hours of gameplay into the garbage bin because I realized I had a few leagues active that shouldn't. And no, I won't just de-activate them because I want them as view-only and nothing else.

There's a setting where you can make an active league a view-only league in game without you deleting it first. 

39 minutes ago, Georgik said:

Can someone help me ... I don't know where the substitute for backroom advice is ... i know i receive advice when i go to a player profile, but i can't find the general advice section (if i could say so) 

I think that disappeared now, I believe it more dynamic now and the backroom advice pops up from the 'Staff' icon located to the top right just beneath the continue button as you change screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UmR6FJZYzM

I'd like to say that goalkeepers going for the ball down with one hand is a rare thing but it's not. Constantly this animation pops up and it shouldn't even be an animation. Year after year goalkeepers have been appalling and what has generally been a very good game, goalkeepers are once again a massive let down

Anyone else seeing a fair few crazy results and improbable comebacks?

My team has been brilliant a lot of the season but I almost dread taking a 3 or 4 goal lead because some of the opposition comebacks are fantastic.

22 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

I'd like to say that goalkeepers going for the ball down with one hand is a rare thing but it's not. Constantly this animation pops up and it shouldn't even be an animation. Year after year goalkeepers have been appalling and what has generally been a very good game, goalkeepers are once again a massive let down

Your video is private.

2 minutes ago, Georgik said:

Thanks powermonger ...

So far i'm 4 games into the season and 90 % of goals conceded are from crosses. ME seems the same as FM 16.

How many goals have you conceded in four games? Crossing is a common method of assists, people tend to forget this. 

By the way, this year's match engine is significantly better than FM16's in lots of ways, and I'm someone who never encountered any crossing issue in the last game. 

27 minutes ago, GSevensM75 said:

Anyone else seeing a fair few crazy results and improbable comebacks?

My team has been brilliant a lot of the season but I almost dread taking a 3 or 4 goal lead because some of the opposition comebacks are fantastic.

2 goals being scored in the space of 2 minutes is happening far too often

5 minutes ago, Carmi88 said:

It's very frustrating.  Just been knocked out of the CL at the QF stage by Real Madrid.  Beat them 5-1 at home.  Containing them nicely at their place.  Lamela misses a sitter on the 70th minute mark with the score line 0-0.  Within 10 mins Real Madrid are 4-0 up and it's game over.  And that happened a couple of matches after I'm 3-0 up against Stoke with 10 mins to go and lose 4-3 and 3-0 against Bournemouth with 5 mins to go and end up 3-3.

I think I've nailed the reason though.  Whenever I give the half time team talk and tell my players not get complacent, they get fired up.....and complacent!!

14 minutes ago, Carmi88 said:

I've played 15 games this season and have only had two matches where two goals were scored within 2 mins, both times a goal just before & just after the break.

I've not seen it done in the same half.

EDIT

Also looked back at least season and it didn't happen in one of my matches - Closest was two goals in three minutes as we scored twice to rescue a 2-2 draw late on.

53 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

Just awful.

As per many previous FMs now, I don't need a news item to tell me that a national manager was in the crowd to watch a member of the opposition.
Especially with under the new system lots of usual bits of news aren't as clear as they were before, yet that one crops up all the time and tells me nothing.

It's vaguely interesting if its one of my players, but not if it is the other teams - especially if they are divisions above me in a cup game or the player is a regular.

Some early feedback from me:

• Clicking the icon to open the game in the first instance seems to take much longer than FM16 (MacBook Pro 2.9GHz Intel Core i7) to launch from desktop (16 minutes). The game itself runs absolutely fine once I'm in.

• Clicking "reload skin" in the preferences, again, seems to take much longer than FM16 to progress (8 minutes).

• Removal of manager photograph still really bugging me.  Struggling to find a work around. :mad:

• Some of the 3D pitch grass textures seems a little flat. Why are they solid green with no patterns? Played at the Emirates Stadium, which looked like the local park pitch. Is there no variety?

• I’ve not noticed these new LED perimeter advertising boards around the pitches either yet, is this dependant on your graphics cards level of detail?

• Is there anyway of making the icon above the players head in the 3D match smaller, or just having the name? (remove the circle information).

16 minutes ago, stevemc said:

• Removal of manager photograph still really bugging me.  Struggling to find a work around. :mad:

It's infuriating that they went ahead and did this without even conducting some research into the importance of the feature.

Part of me thought SI would have realised their mistake and restored the manager photograph for the official release today.

Very, very disappointing.

29 minutes ago, stevemc said:

• Is there anyway of making the icon above the players head in the 3D match smaller, or just having the name? (remove the circle information).

Yes, in the preferences menu, go to 'match' and there's a tick box to remove the player condition bar. 

10 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

It's infuriating that they went ahead and did this without even conducting some research into the importance of the feature.

Part of me thought SI would have realised their mistake and restored the manager photograph for the official release today.

Very, very disappointing.

You can do it quite easily in the same way you add face packs.

Archived