*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ozilva said:

And do you know which team I play for? Minor league teams. I like Ajax. I like Borussia, or West Ham, Everton, I like teams that I can turn into great teams. 

Calling Ajax, Borussia and West Ham minor league teams is a bit of stretch.

Has anyone else seen an explosion of goals since the latest update? I'm scoring for fun currently and seeing a lot of shots in games and seems to be a lot more goals in games than before the patch,  only seen one 0-0 in our league in the last 5 game weeks.

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

Has anyone else seen an explosion of goals since the latest update? I'm scoring for fun currently and seeing a lot of shots in games and seems to be a lot more goals in games than before the patch,  only seen one 0-0 in our league in the last 5 game weeks.

Was mentioned earlier by someone Dom.

3 hours ago, Ozilva said:

This is wrong? Do they not have these attributes? Is this website lying? Funny that I opened FM23 here on my PC, and everything is fine. And I'm not a FIFA player, I think that sucks. I've always played FM in all versions, but with each passing year the game has become more Marketing, and less reality. This is sad.

https://fminside.net/players
Mohamed Salah - Football Manager 2023 - FM23 - FM2023 (fminside.net)

This is hilarious.... I can't believe you're basing your opinion on someone elses ratings for players..... and i equally can't believe almost every single opinion you've expressed so far in the last few hours.... 

At what point are you going to realise that you may have been wrong?

If you revert back to the original database after the update, some of the things have changed with the players as well. Its not totally the original database when you brought the game.

I had a player who can play in three positions, on the original database, on the update it now shows two positions,  When i load the original database it shows two there as well, when it should showing three

Pass numbers seem to be at crazy levels since the update, using https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/passing/Premier-League-Stats as a reference, top team in Prem passing this year is City at 87%, I'm in Slovenian first league where player quality is not as high, we have half of the 10 team league averaging higher since I started after update:

image.png

City also complete ~605 passes per game, top 4 teams all averaging more than that.

Not that it's been particularly successful for any of those teams as the top 3 in the league rank 6th, 7th, and 8th in passing so counter attacking/pinging long balls still seems to be king.

Small sample so I'm hoping it comes back down.

55 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

In fairness, it looks fairly in line with real life and fairly in line pre patch. It just seems it's my division (champ) that's gone a bit crazy and even then not by a great deal. All the leagues below are full simulated and up to game week 6 of this season (post patch) and last season (pre patch). Aware it's a small sample size.

image.thumb.png.f552b386cfebdf6ca7391640b108b1b4.png

Edited by Domoboy23

22 hours ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

Results of my comparison in youth development in biggest NT in FM vs reality comparing WC 2022 VS WC 2030 here:

Still completely broken

Typical for SI to do "updates" and not test them at all. Even the state the game released in. Theres been several things I found within 30 mins of testing after release/updates, that were also obvious bugs. Truely a joke for a game with this pricetag.

On 03/03/2023 at 01:12, ATV said:

team selection, pre-match... not sure where Buendia has gone? and who Watkins has a good partnership with?

image.thumb.png.7a4a0ad169a822fb75b3d110834dbac3.png

Clear cache, shut the game down and restart it.  Clearing the cache by itself may not work.

6 hours ago, xenomorphing said:

Typical for SI to do "updates" and not test them at all. Even the state the game released in. Theres been several things I found within 30 mins of testing after release/updates, that were also obvious bugs. Truely a joke for a game with this pricetag.

Im sure they test it but they are also on a deadline and under pressure from consumers to release the patch . Cant win really can they . If they kept the release back another month to fix more they would be scrutinised.  They probably found those issues too

What is everyone's general feel regarding the difficulty? Lots of discussion about the need for more ingame management, need to change tactics and tweak things? Same, easier, bit more challenging? I feel the main issue for me is the boredom associated with one of my saves in the Championship where it is click-and-win with the same tactic game in and out, within minimal input from me, to another in Poland where whatever tactic or strategy I throw at it I get destroyed. Yet to play either with the update, so interested in hearing thoughts.

13 hours ago, Pasonen said:

In my opinion your tactic is reflecting well that result. It's highly aggressive especially for a away game with around 0% trying to keep the ball and defend with it. I mean, passes into space setting, BPD X2, counters on. Assuming you didn't change you tactic much in that game? But this discussion is for the tactics section so..

I figured out the problem. It's not the tactic or the update I think, or not as much. I had to play the Club Worldchampionship in summer 2025 and my players even though I sent them on a 4 week holiday didn't have any offseason whatsoever. Man City is even doing worse than me, 13th with 15 points from 13 games. And they played it as well, just as Liverpool (8th with 20pts). Wish FM would give a solution that you can actually chose when your players get offseason. Holiday or rests are not doing the trick. Season is pretty much a lost cause cause of this. 

18 hours ago, Ozilva said:

You are sure. I came here to question Casemiro, Varane, having a mediocre attribute, players with 5 CL, 1 WC (Varane), and who play at the highest level in recent years. I am wrong. But players like VVD, who are completely overrated and have pathetic quality. Or Salah, who has a mediocre goal average in the PL in recent years, both being classified as WC(90 Overral).

But yes, your argument is correct, MBAPPE in a single good season, turned Overrall 100. Playing in the Farm League. The Wrong one is me, who pays $60 every year to have a game based on Marketing and not on real attributes. If you think that's how it should be, why doesn't SEGA make a Football Manager Ultimate and stop selling a new game every year? That way, they can draw on previous years instead of just the respective season. Correct? And even if it were true, Casemiro and Varane, experienced players with many titles, would be Overrall 90, not 81. That's why I say, there is no methodology. But fanboys will defend.

And do you know which team I play for? Minor league teams. I like Ajax. I like Borussia, or West Ham, Everton, I like teams that I can turn into great teams. I cited only crude examples of how poorly balanced the game is. I make AJAX beat PSG and Liverpool who are 100% Marketing. 
And every campaign I do, Liverpool and Chelsea are winning the PL. It's really funny because this is far from reality. But according to you, this is correct. Or PSG, always winning CL. That's their dream, maybe in the multiverse called FM, it will happen.

Wait so liverpool have finished in 2nd place 3 out of the last 5 seasons, won it 1 time. Gotten to 3 cl finals in that time, won 1 are overrated because of 1 bad season?

Mo salah has lead the premier league in goals for 3 out of last 5 seasons and never finished below 5th and is 15th highest goalscorer in premier league history but is overrated?

and because you beat liverpool and psg in a video game they are overrated?

And lastly how are si gonna predict the outcome of a season that havent been played?

Do you want them to push out monthly updates to down/upgrade players?

if i recall correctly actual teams use the database from SI.

6 minutes ago, ExeChris said:

I'm seeing an increase in injuries but they're mostly between games.  I haven't touched the training settings.
Also seeing many more penalties it seems; we miss 3/4 of ours but they don't.

Every year it seems to me that they try to increase difficulty with each patch, but do it in lames ways like increased injuries, overly clinical opposition, AI team goalkeepers playing like prime Buffon etc

Mentioned this before but the breaking down of crossing moves is a joy to watch.  Absolutely fantastic that this has gone from block, block every time to a variety of ways these break down from defenders intercepting the pass to wide men even before the cross to  narrow misses and last gasp blocks. Its great too with this meaning there aren't huge amounts of corners and throw ins to sit through.

Passing wide seems better too, nice to see balls played for players to run onto where either the defender will nick it or the wide player isn't instantly closed down (previously they would either have a cross blocked or  play the ball back and the move breaks down) so they will then actually cross.

Also the repetitive avoidable silly offsides seem to have gone such as ones from corners when the ball is cleared wide, or from throw-ins when returning the ball to the throw in taker.

Only 10 games in but enjoying this a lot as it feels like the ME that was glimpsed in the beta with some much needed improvements especially in terms of repetitive movements that at times made watching games a chore.

1 hour ago, luka_zg said:

Is it just me or are the injuries after the last update gone through the roof? It's almost every game I have to make sub because of the injury.

Yes, Im getting a lot, although I seem to remember it was like that my last save until after the winter world cup then it settled down. At least the AI is having the same issue, feel this is why many are finding it easy as clear we manage injuries and rotation better than AI managers.

31 minuti fa, ostkiz ha scritto:

Someone know what happened , every time after the match when i have to speak with media i cant continue , i have to save the  game and load to be able to continue .

thanks

media talk.jpg

Looks like a problem with the skin, not the game

24 minutes ago, Senak said:

I'm noticing huge issues with ratings for strikers, a player in the same league as me nearly has a goal per game (with 0 pen goals) and has an average rating of 6.64?!

image.thumb.png.bbf7248556bf0c815e51097aa30bfd78.png

That’s a sign of inconsistency maybe in a game he scores 3 then doesn’t perform in the next 3 games just for him to score 2 goals again in the games after that.

1 hour ago, TEday36 said:

Is there any way to revert to the previous version, before the winter update? I liked that ME more

If you’re on steam I backed up the files before updating so I can upload it somewhere and send you the link in PM

9 minutes ago, DarJ said:

That’s a sign of inconsistency maybe in a game he scores 3 then doesn’t perform in the next 3 games just for him to score 2 goals again in the games after that.

I've looked into goals each game and he's had 6 games he hasn't scored (1 coming off injured in 10 mins, so really 5). 7 games with 1 goal and 3 games with 2 goals. That seems pretty consistent to me and it's not like he's missing a bunch of penos he hasn't taken any.

I think it's the headers won % really negatively affecting his rating, I know my strikers have awful ratings and are useless in the air. But they've also not scored a lot so I thought it was just down to that.

51 minutes ago, DarJ said:

If you’re on steam I backed up the files before updating so I can upload it somewhere and send you the link in PM

Ah thank you, that would be awesome.. I just can't grasp all these GKs errors, it's absurd

I've played 12 games since the patch and there a few noticeable things that are different.

Defenders seem to play with blinkers on, they don't see runs from deep and don't track movement in the box, we are now conceding far too many goals where a low cross comes in and my defenders have let someone run past them for a tap in or where they let someone run past them to get on the end of a through ball, they don't react as if they haven't even seen them.

Goalkeepers are much worse than before, mine rarely makes saves and makes a lot more mistakes

I don't know what's happened with strikers but mine have horrible ratings now unless they score and even when they score their ratings aren't great and goals have dried up, its been mentioned further up that it could be due to not winning headers and this correlates with my strikers stats as they show he rarely wins a header with most games showing as 0 or 1 won from up to 25 attempted. Also I'm playing with my striker as a poacher who should be staying forward on the shoulder of defenders and should rarely be involved in the build up according to the description but I'm finding that he comes deep often and the pass maps show him deeper than my attacking midfielder is each game, he has no traits to come deep so I'm not sure why but it could be part of why he has stopped scoring since the patch (2 in 7 compared to 13 in 12)

Counter attacks seem much better since the patch as we score and concede more from them but often it seems like they are better because players have stopped tracking runners and let them run past them too easily.

There is a lot more variety in the types of goals we score and concede which is much better as I was sick of seeing the same goals all the time.

Long balls over the top are still too powerful and even more so with defenders not tracking runners

Overall gameplay feels much better, players lose the ball more often and its more chaotic similar to beta which is good. Its an improvement to pre-patch but there's still issues which is worrying because we are possibly stuck with this now until FM24.

7 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Has anyone seen a clean sheet since the update? If so I'll happily pay for it :D

I’ve played only 5 games and kept 4 clean sheets which was the opposite of what I was having pre patch

23 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Has anyone seen a clean sheet since the update? If so I'll happily pay for it :D

Clean sheets not an issue - Chania in Greek 2nd division (loss was in cup to AEK in division above) - if anything, I'm finding my tactics more succesful at this level than they were with either West Ham or Roma before the winter update and starting a new save.

image.png.d2073d7d100c55ed779204e9f7484c27.png

4 hours ago, ostkiz said:

Someone know what happened , every time after the match when i have to speak with media i cant continue , i have to save the  game and load to be able to continue .

thanks

Whenever something weird happens like this I've found that deleting the preferences and cache folders can solve the problem

Having serious issues with wingers not tracking back, staying forward far too up the field and not tucking in with CMs when defending. Starting to lose my cool over it now. Playing a flat 4 in midfield and they defend like IF’s!

Serious problem with the data hub/team report again, similar to 2300. In the data hub, I can see next opponent's performance in the data hub but team report information is not available at all.

*Follow-up: Problem solved by delegate "Scout Assignment" back to Chief Scout (as I always control it) and then reassign scout and analyst to scout next opponent. It doesn't work in Staff Responsibility (which is a bit redundant work to do).

Edited by qzjegg

vor 4 Stunden schrieb dunk105:

Yes, Im getting a lot, although I seem to remember it was like that my last save until after the winter world cup then it settled down. At least the AI is having the same issue, feel this is why many are finding it easy as clear we manage injuries and rotation better than AI managers.

Maybe I understood something wrong when the patch note says "Decreased the training injury frequency rate".

Maybe that doesn't mean that injuries in general decreased, but that training injuries decreased and injuries during matches increased (in relation)?

If somebody could clarify this, would be nice.   

:)

First competitive game after the patch in a new save and there was 7 goals despite both sides having an xG of under 2 and the AI got 4 of them with an xG of 0.9 - two of which came in the 90th and 92nd minute to complete a come back to win 4-3. 

So not much has changed in that front when it comes to the ME. Already counting down the days for FM24 because there is no way the ME can be as tedious as this one. 

5 hours ago, ostkiz said:

thanks

media talk.jpg

Are you using a 3rd party skin?