Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

Hello. My 2 cents. FM is far to easy. Played with 1. FC Köln in Bundesliga, ranked on place 2 after 17 games, even I had different tactics. So I would like to say its muuuch too easy to play. I think this game should be first of all be designed for the more advanced players, the one that play this game for years. Games like Starcraft 2 are also balanced fot the better players. These are the guys that keeps a game alive. We are in the year 2020, everybody can learn this game. We have twitch,we have youtube, we have forums. So please balance this game in a way that the old players do not regret to play it beacause its too easy and loose any desire. I need to tell you, I will not play this game if it doesn't challenge me anymore. Thank you.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Aehnn said:

Hello. My 2 cents. FM is far to easy. Played with 1. FC Köln in Bundesliga, ranked on place 2 after 17 games, even I had different tactics. So I would like to say its muuuch too easy to play. I think this game should be first of all be designed for the more advanced players, the one that play this game for years. Games like Starcraft 2 are also balanced fot the better players. These are the guys that keeps a game alive. We are in the year 2020, everybody can learn this game. We have twitch,we have youtube, we have forums. So please balance this game in a way that the old players do not regret to play it beacause its too easy and loose any desire. I need to tell you, I will not play this game if it doesn't challenge me anymore. Thank you.

BTW I saw many twitch streams the lastfew days. It even makes no fun to watch these guys when they win every game. Thank you 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I see 'too easy' is this year's trendy issue. I suppose it's a new one, and at least it's not 'too many injuries'. 

Nor "too many side netting useless shots". I must say, i'm very very enthousiastic about the way the rendering of match looks (ie: the match engine). It is such an enjoyable experience. I love it. This is a HUGE change from the last two editions. Only for that part, i'm happy to finally change my mind and purchase this year's installement. It's a huge job, a good jop especially for such a ****** year.

However, i can't shake the feeling that i paid twice for just having a good version of the FM 20. I'll try not to overthink this too much.

OK, I agree that there is a middle term problem with the IA and the way they approch their season. And you snowball way too easily. This needs to be fix, i'm sure the devs are on it. But, don't change the match engine, pretty please, or, at least, event if it's harder, don't make it absurd, keep the variety of play, of chances, of defending, that make it an enjoyable experience...

11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I see 'too easy' is this year's trendy issue. I suppose it's a new one, and at least it's not 'too many injuries'. 

Last year's was too easy too, I conceded 4 goals in the league with Bayern & it was soon sorted out for full release 

I'd argue that conceding 4 goals with Bayern in the league is a sackable offense, but maybe I'm just a bit demanding

it's a simple fix right, just get all AI teams to use gegenpress, and suddenly 9-6 will become a common scoreline

or (more likely) 1-0

Edited by samdiatmh

16 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Some things will always remain constant though.

9 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

I'd argue that conceding 4 goals with Bayern in the league is a sackable offense, but maybe I'm just a bit demanding

That was 4 all season

The AI didn't attack me, I think that's the problem here, they're very tame at times don't threaten 

Bayern.png

I just moved to playing 442 and this really bugged me in game. Why are the teams shown from DR -> DL and MR -> ML along the bottom? Can we flip this around so they match up with how the team is lined up and show from left to right instead?

image.png.a33928f09308c9ebde196cceb5789daf.png

10 minutes ago, Britrock said:

I just moved to playing 442 and this really bugged me in game. Why are the teams shown from DR -> DL and MR -> ML along the bottom? Can we flip this around so they match up with how the team is lined up and show from left to right instead?

image.png.a33928f09308c9ebde196cceb5789daf.png

This has always bugged me, even if it is minor. In the western world we read from left to right, but they set up from right to left. 

Into second season now. Loving the game but my only gripe is that Callum Wilson is basically Lionel Messi. He has scored a hattrick against me with two of the goals a couple of seventy yard dribbles where he beats five defenders and beats the keeper. 

Why didn't I sign him?

He has scored thirty in his first season and if he keeps this up he'll be playing for Barca by the summer. Really? 

On another note, in my future save, I decided to put the "GG Gegenpressing" motion to the test. First team that made the poor choice of accepting my journey man manager was LASK Linz, so Austrian Premier Division. Now my team is hardly suited to it (especially the high line) and in the future where at least every second striker is a 15+ acc/pace sprinter, this absurdly high line is absolutely suicidal. I generally do create more chances, have higher xG, however the couple chances my opposition gets are easy ball over the top 1v1s and I lose a lot of matches simply due to 2 great chances being better than 2 good chances and 8 mediocre ones. Doesn't help that my star striker despite not being a bad player, supposedly being very consistent and somewhat enjoying big matches has a tendency of going on major goal droughts. :lol:

So while it might not be as noticeable at release due to much more balanced striker profiles, playing this high line in a timeline where the majority of strikers largely rely on pace will see you get punished absurdly hard.

1 minute ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

If this is the kind of thing  people are complaining about, must be a really good game this year

Oh absolutely, it just struck me as weird that it made it through various layers of development and QA and no-one looked at it and thought it was weird that the players were listed "backwards" as such.

Quite a minor piece of feedback but - I'm a big fan of saving different lineups to facilitate rotation etc.

Moving the saved lineups out of "Quick Picks" and into "Manage" - effectively adding an extra piece of nav, or click, to find my preferred lineups - isn't a change I love. 

Am sure this'll only affect a handful of players, but wanted to register it in a game I'm otherwise greatly enjoying.  Good work, gang!

Is it me or this year does the medium dB not load as many non league players (Even when down to conference north, usually the tlikes of FC United have about 10 or so players, 1 this year) and also non-loaded international teams such as Estonia, Latvia, Finland etc also only showing anything from 4-12 players

19 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

Posted this on a thread of its own, but I don't know if SI will ever look at that, it may get buried here but it deserves mentioning...

Brexit is broken, wait wait wait, stop, hold the pitchforks! I agree it's a thing that will definitely happen, I agree it's something we all have to live with, I agree signing foreign players should be difficult or almost impossible. However, this years issues are not the same as previous years issues.

1. Scouting/recruitment meetings are dominated by reports and recommendations for players you literally can not sign due to work permit issues. I'd argue this is a bug rather than "well they wouldn't definitely know" as there is a line in the media about the media "knowing that he wouldn't get a work permit due to their own research". Surely your scouts would research this and not recommend the players.

2. Some clubs have become unplayable due to club visions requesting they sign u23 year olds, yet u23 year olds don't get work permits or if they are British are overpriced to the point of lunacy and you can not afford them. Other options would be to sign players that are not good enough and never will be good enough just to pass the club vision, potentially annoying the board with poor signings. That makes you fail a club vision without even starting to try and pass it.

3. British players are not correctly priced to reflect the work permit changes, kids are still being priced at 160m+ when Sancho, Bellingham, Lookman et al have all shown that in the modern game kids are now forcing moves to play more football and clubs are now taking 20-30m for their kids rather than risk losing them on a free. Of course some players should have "hands off" prices, but near enough every kid who will inevitably sit in the u23s until they are released should not be priced at 120m up until they actually get released, its madness.

4. The Prem is being filled with weird players because the AI hasn't got a clue how to handle it. This is the worst one, its potentially why people are finding the game "too easy". You've got teams like City still hoarding Brazilian wonderkids that they'll never play and eventually have to release or sell for nothing because they can't get work permits. You've got smaller prem sides signing League Two center backs because...British? It's a mess the further on it gets. I've got Leicester currently playing a 650k AMC with 8 for crossing, 10 for long shots and about 2-3 Prem level stats but the rest are God awful. The biggest culprit is definitely the bigger clubs hoarding wonderkids still, despite them not being able to get work permits in a few years because they never play them. Would teams genuinely spend 30m on an 18 year old German to sit in the u23s for 3 years only to get released? 3 or 4 of them per year?

Some teams are handling it well, sometimes it works. I don't want it to be removed, I like that its difficult, I like the reflection of reality. I'd just like the game to be balanced to encompass it. I think a lot of Brexit's legitimate complaints are brushed off as "well this is how it's going to be" without acknowledging that there are actually some game breaking problems that need to be fixed.

I genuinely feel this is the best FM in years, when this goes out on full release, people will lose their minds at how awful Brexit is. Some people will do it without justification, it SHOULD be hard to sign people now...the thing is, the people who are saying "but there are legitimate problems" are also being ignored and tarred with that same "its going to happen, suck it up" brush.

Great post and completely agree. This is game-breaking.

36 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

Posted this on a thread of its own, but I don't know if SI will ever look at that, it may get buried here but it deserves mentioning...

Brexit is broken, wait wait wait, stop, hold the pitchforks! I agree it's a thing that will definitely happen, I agree it's something we all have to live with, I agree signing foreign players should be difficult or almost impossible. However, this years issues are not the same as previous years issues.

1. Scouting/recruitment meetings are dominated by reports and recommendations for players you literally can not sign due to work permit issues. I'd argue this is a bug rather than "well they wouldn't definitely know" as there is a line in the media about the media "knowing that he wouldn't get a work permit due to their own research". Surely your scouts would research this and not recommend the players.

2. Some clubs have become unplayable due to club visions requesting they sign u23 year olds, yet u23 year olds don't get work permits or if they are British are overpriced to the point of lunacy and you can not afford them. Other options would be to sign players that are not good enough and never will be good enough just to pass the club vision, potentially annoying the board with poor signings. That makes you fail a club vision without even starting to try and pass it.

3. British players are not correctly priced to reflect the work permit changes, kids are still being priced at 160m+ when Sancho, Bellingham, Lookman et al have all shown that in the modern game kids are now forcing moves to play more football and clubs are now taking 20-30m for their kids rather than risk losing them on a free. Of course some players should have "hands off" prices, but near enough every kid who will inevitably sit in the u23s until they are released should not be priced at 120m up until they actually get released, its madness.

4. The Prem is being filled with weird players because the AI hasn't got a clue how to handle it. This is the worst one, its potentially why people are finding the game "too easy". You've got teams like City still hoarding Brazilian wonderkids that they'll never play and eventually have to release or sell for nothing because they can't get work permits. You've got smaller prem sides signing League Two center backs because...British? It's a mess the further on it gets. I've got Leicester currently playing a 650k AMC with 8 for crossing, 10 for long shots and about 2-3 Prem level stats but the rest are God awful. The biggest culprit is definitely the bigger clubs hoarding wonderkids still, despite them not being able to get work permits in a few years because they never play them. Would teams genuinely spend 30m on an 18 year old German to sit in the u23s for 3 years only to get released? 3 or 4 of them per year?

Some teams are handling it well, sometimes it works. I don't want it to be removed, I like that its difficult, I like the reflection of reality. I'd just like the game to be balanced to encompass it. I think a lot of Brexit's legitimate complaints are brushed off as "well this is how it's going to be" without acknowledging that there are actually some game breaking problems that need to be fixed.

I genuinely feel this is the best FM in years, when this goes out on full release, people will lose their minds at how awful Brexit is. Some people will do it without justification, it SHOULD be hard to sign people now...the thing is, the people who are saying "but there are legitimate problems" are also being ignored and tarred with that same "its going to happen, suck it up" brush.

How far in the game are you actually? I've noticed and have others, when holidaying, only the elite teams tend to have foreigners. And most of the other prem sides 2-3 in their line up. All good quality, and as you'd expect the elite sides with elite players. All with work permits...

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

How far in the game are you actually? I've noticed and have others, when holidaying, only the elite teams tend to have foreigners. And most of the other prem sides 2-3 in their line up. All good quality, and as you'd expect the elite sides with elite players. All with work permits...

I am in 2025/26, 2 years ago Blackburn bought a Turkish CM for 200k from Sheffield United, that was Championship to Championship. Millwall have Danilo Pantic in the Championship. I had Danilo Pereira, who I signed from Jong Ajax, who had been on loan at FC Twente for 16 games, in the Championship. Signing foreign players can and is happening, that's fine. It's the lack of consistency that's sticking in my craw, and the total lack of tweeking to the rest of the game to make a hard coded hard brexit workable. The major issues being the stuff like scouts recommending unsignable players and Prem sides hoarding wonderkids they can never play.

Some of the teams definitely need worked on for realism. I'm seeing Southampton challenging Liverpool for Premier League title & Man City in 10th. Leeds sacked Bielsa when they were in 14th which seemed a bit harsh. Rangers 4th in Scots Prem & Bilbao clear at top of Spanish league. Some very random results happening

49 minutes ago, Gingerdilligaf said:

Some of the teams definitely need worked on for realism. I'm seeing Southampton challenging Liverpool for Premier League title & Man City in 10th. Leeds sacked Bielsa when they were in 14th which seemed a bit harsh. Rangers 4th in Scots Prem & Bilbao clear at top of Spanish league. Some very random results happening

Very similar to real life

40 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Was said to be midnight GMT by some earlier 

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

Full release is out in Tuesday 00:01 or Tuesday evening? 

Last year was midnight, so most likely and hopefully will be the same this year.

Edited by Drunkerone

2 hours ago, Gingerdilligaf said:

Well how boring would it be if the same old teams just keep winning . Its not the point of the game for you to pick a top team and just sit back and win . 

13 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Well how boring would it be if the same old teams just keep winning . Its not the point of the game for you to pick a top team and just sit back and win . 

I haven't picked a top team I'm not even in the Premier league. Yes its nice to see other teams challenging but I think Southampton as title contenders in first season is stretching it a bit

7 minutes ago, Gingerdilligaf said:

I haven't picked a top team I'm not even in the Premier league. Yes its nice to see other teams challenging but I think Southampton as title contenders in first season is stretching it a bit

Time will tell i guess as they are in the top half right now in 5th position 

27 minutes ago, alian62 said:

In Australia Steam says 25th which is a Wednesday as we are 8 hours ahead of the UK 

On mine it says 24th and I am in UK. As @hoddle1404said, it's always UK time as the game is actually made in UK, and I am pretty sure that for the last few years it was 00:00 UK time for all the Europe, I have no idea if other continents will have to wait a bit more for it, but if it is the case, it's most likely Steam's fault, not SI.

Just now, Drunkerone said:

On mine it says 24th and I am in UK. As @hoddle1404said, it's always UK time as the game is actually made in UK, and I am pretty sure that for the last few years it was 00:00 UK time for all the Europe, I have no idea if other continents will have to wait a bit more for it, but if it is the case, it's most likely Steam's fault, not SI.

Yes in the UK it would say 24th . Australia is 8 hours ahead so its the 25th for us . Going on UK time 00.00 on the 24th is 8am on the 25th for Australia 

4 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

This needs to be seen

5 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

Sounds exactly like the sunlit uplands the gammons voted for to be honest!

Also agree with everything you've posted here. I flagged Brexit as a major issue a day or two after release it ruins the English game. But also it is exactly in line with what the FA wants!

How can I record and save highlights? By going to match highlight mode there is a "record" button and it is grey. Is that a bug or is there something I'm doing wrong?

I want to show you something very beautiful and something funny :D

7 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

I think Brexit needs to be in, and that it needs to be realistic. I also realise you're not saying get rid of it.

I agree when you say that the bigger clubs need to not sign young foreign players that sit in the U23s, and I do agree clubs might refrain from asking managers to build a young squad if that challenge is unreasonably difficult under Brexit.

I don't, however, feel that fees should lower because of this. I don't believe the big clubs would be less greedy because of this. I actually feel like they would hoard the younger British stars.

I reckon it is a tricky situation to manage, and one that SI may struggle to get right. It will take a tweaking of boards in just the UK to get expectations right for British club managers, but can this be done without interfering with objectives in other countries not effected by Brexit?

It actually sounds to be like it might make for a more challenging game, and a harking to England of old when teams had a lot of English stars. What it will do for the English chances in Europe is another matter though.

I guess the best answer for now is to lessen Brexit impacts on British clubs. I'll make a quick statement to say I haven't gotten far enough in FM yet to really encounter Brexit, but I don't really believe that the government would ever allow football to suffer anyway. I believe work permit rules would be changed to make football seperate from any other Brexit knockons.

If the game work permit rules for British clubs are relaxed would that be enough?

In recruitment meetings why can I not specify targets to be loan or end of contract? I mainly do not spend money other than agent fees. If I cannot specify this as criteria in recruitment meetings I will skip it every time.

12 hours ago, Cizzu said:
There is something wrong.

All players win with ease. And it's a very, very bad thing.

This patently isn't true. 

Over a quarter of players have yet to keep a clean sheet according to Steam stats, whereas only 11.3% have won a domestic cup.  

There MAY be some issues with difficulty, indeed SI appear to have indicated that this is the case in the bugs forum, but it is nothing like is being made out in places on the forum where we have silly exaggerations from people - such as saying  "All players win with ease".

If you have evidence of it being too easy, head over to the bugs forum & upload some pkms or saves to help the Devs out :thup:

20 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

I think it's called an assessment of evaluation, rather than a 'trendy issue.'

Have you uploaded your save yet?

Hopefully if you have they are on their way to getting it sorted for you :thup: