Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

19 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Normally there are changes, going on previous history, the experience you guys are having on the beta will change once the beta is over.

No please no, please dont touch anything, ME is great as it is, way way better than FM20. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or have the match odds disappeared from the game? They used to be on the next fixture pane of your schedule tab and also in a little report you got before the game?

It is possible I have just missed them, earlier in the thread I needed guiding to where it told you how tall a player was despite it being in the same place it's always been 😂

32 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Is it just me, or have the match odds disappeared from the game? They used to be on the next fixture pane of your schedule tab and also in a little report you got before the game?

It is possible I have just missed them, earlier in the thread I needed guiding to where it told you how tall a player was despite it being in the same place it's always been 😂

Yeah, they've gone, God knows why, I found them useful 

46 minutes ago, JR866Gunner said:

I have yet to see a comment but am I alone in finding the tactics screen is a bit buggy in that I cannot always click to drag a player on the pitch graphic or player list every single time. I have to click away and try again to click a player to move them...

Yes I've experienced the same.

1 hour ago, JR866Gunner said:

I have yet to see a comment but am I alone in finding the tactics screen is a bit buggy in that I cannot always click to drag a player on the pitch graphic or player list every single time. I have to click away and try again to click a player to move them...

Mentioned this already

1 hour ago, JR866Gunner said:

When youve grabbed the player, hold him over the personalised settings column, then a white bar will appear, and you can then scroll with the player still selected much more easily.

I’ve been highly critical of the last few FM’s but the current ME is one of the best in years.

Very well balanced and I quite like the match day UI aswell.

The only real negative for me is having the covid congested fixture list. I know it’s realistic but having no fans for the first season would be realistic aswell.

The fixture list is messed up for 2 of the first 3 seasons because of COVID and the Winter World Cup.

I find that VAR has been implemented badly in the game. I've noticed that whenever an incident occurs, the match will instantly stop for a review to happen, instead of IRL when the ball next goes dead/out of play etc.

2 hours ago, HouseofV said:

Would be great to swap players positions in the in-match screen. In this example I could drag Taylor to Wilson and that automatically makes Taylor the STC and Wilson the AMC.

Not a formation change, just players swapping positions. 

2142168212_ScreenShot2020-11-18at16_12_12.thumb.png.6ea40eabe0b4f7c6ce05fab85c2a0790.png

Yap, i tried it many times and i disappointed that i could not do it 

My feedback

I like the match engine many thanks for the improvements...dislike the touchline tablet and the fact that i cant customise 2d screen to show what i would like to see.( please allow this).. The UI has some nice touches but it is messy and not user friendly and frankly a pain to navigate around

Cheers

So after playing a lot of time in the beta those are my recommendations for SI to the full release :

Match UI :

- Add both team formations in the match day at the start

- Add the time bar in the match

- Add the circles in the tactic screen

- Replace the hearts with % in the condition of players 

- Add "last 5 minutes possession" in the match

- Give us the option to remove the annoying box between highlights ( i forgot the name)

- Add player face when he scored

- Add the name of the player name that made the assist

- In the event match, after the name of the goal scorer , add in "()" the player that got the assist

ME :

- Give a close look to GK and their positioning and their reactions

- I think balls over the top slightly OP 

- When you playing at home and leading, the opposition team never really attacking you

- Top teams really not that challenging and playing well against you

Corners ? Is anyone getting goals scored from corners by either you or the opposition . 

This is from 11-12 games into a season . Im thinking its very low and i play first half on extended and second half on comprehensive and have not seen one goal scored from a corner . So just curious if others are having the same experience 

126156310_Screenshot2020-11-19101748corners.thumb.png.f9c1480f0e74b7c1512c779657fcf534.png 

Can I ask, is anyone seeing a delay when opening the Dev Centre screen?

Mine is taking upwards of 12 seconds to open and then a further 4 to populate. I've created a few other saves with different teams and I think I see some correlation between the number of players in the first team candidates pane and the time it takes to open.

I play on a top end PC, everything else in game is fast and smooth.

Have reported as a bug.

35 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

So after playing a lot of time in the beta those are my recommendations for SI to the full release :

Match UI :

- Add both team formations in the match day at the start

- Add the time bar in the match

- Add the circles in the tactic screen

- Replace the hearts with % in the condition of players 

- Add "last 5 minutes possession" in the match

- Give us the option to remove the annoying box between highlights ( i forgot the name)

- Add player face when he scored

- Add the name of the player name that made the assist

- In the event match, after the name of the goal scorer , add in "()" the player that got the assist

ME :

- Give a close look to GK and their positioning and their reactions

- I think balls over the top slightly OP 

- When you playing at home and leading, the opposition team never really attacking you

- Top teams really not that challenging and playing well against you

The time bar is under the scoreboard ? Clicking on it brings up the options to see during the match . Less clutter on the match screen is a lot better . 

i prefer the Hearts rather than % . I mean in real life players dont run around with % on top of their heads so the hearts just give you a indication the player is fatiguing but no one knows to what extent as in real life so i think its great

Yes a players face when scored is a cool idea as so are the assists in brackets 

Agree goalkeepers need more work but they are getting better  

Balls over the top might depend on your tactics but i agree they seem a bit too much 

The rest i agree with you ( Cheers )

Edited by alian62

10 hours ago, d-malcolm said:

Yeah ive played in Scotland and holland maybe they just need to increase them in certain leagues not sure

Yeah I've just scored another 3 or 4 myself since I last commented. There does seem to be something wrong at certain levels or on some peoples saves but that could just be pure randomness.

6 hours ago, Showerman said:

Broke all goal scoring records for me on fm20 with PSV

but yes strikers are overpowered 

But they absolutely aren't in my save. Top scorers in the Premier league got a very very low total of goals (24 and 20 the last 2 seasons). Just because some people use exploit tactics is why they are able to get strikers to score loads of goals.

If SI change the ME to stop exploit tactics then we are back to the awfulness of FM19 and FM20 where nearly all the goals come from random long shots and set pieces!

8 hours ago, turgi said:

A little bit too many innit?

image.thumb.png.e22396c887a4ac64bdb8b83004c8494c.png

Almost certainly done via exploit tactics. I really hope SI don't make the mistake of re-balancing the ME to stop this as it ruins the experience for people who try and play somewhat realistically.

As I've said above the tope score in my save the last 2 seasons in the Premier league was Chris Wood both seasons with 24 and 20 goals...

Thats absolutely far too low IMO. So if anything strikers are under powered if you play normally without exploits.

I full expect them to re-balance and ruin the ME and in a week the feedback will be "WhAt hAs HaPpEnEd to cEnTraL pLay" like it has been the last 2 versions of the game.

If my team is 4-0 or 5-0 up and we're into the 70th minute, and then finally the opposition score a goal....

then shouldn't their players goal celebration be muted?

Scoring to make it 5-1 in the 70th minute when obviously they're not going to win the game, then I dont think they should be celebrating as though they've just scored a 95th minute winning goal!!!!

11 minutes ago, 2feet said:

If my team is 4-0 or 5-0 up and we're into the 70th minute, and then finally the opposition score a goal....

Scoring to make it 5-1 in the 70th minute when obviously they're not going to win the game, then I dont think they should be celebrating as though they've just scored a 95th minute winning goal!!!!

You have to remember that the sounds in this game is before internet itself :P

1 hour ago, 2feet said:

Report it because it used to work properly 

2 hours ago, roykela said:

- Fixtures screen not focusing on next match but the first match of the season, making you scroll down. It sometimes work and sometimes doesn't.

This annoys the hell out of me & has done for so long 

13 hours ago, HouseofV said:

Would be great to swap players positions in the in-match screen. In this example I could drag Taylor to Wilson and that automatically makes Taylor the STC and Wilson the AMC.

Not a formation change, just players swapping positions. 

2142168212_ScreenShot2020-11-18at16_12_12.thumb.png.6ea40eabe0b4f7c6ce05fab85c2a0790.png

Yeah when I first saw that on the first look livestream I expected the user would be able to drag and sub players using that, was surprised to see that it wasn't possible when I started playing. 

51 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Yeah when I first saw that on the first look livestream I expected the user would be able to drag and sub players using that, was surprised to see that it wasn't possible when I started playing. 

I'd like to think it would be a logical thing to implement so i was surprised as well. Tried quite a few times before i realised it actually wasn't possible,

Oh, and the patting, throwing, hugging and all that during interactions; It was fun at first but now i don't care anymore.
I do all the press conferences myself but i don't really care about choosing any gestures.
Mostly because i find that, that one extra click is unnecessary. Also because the gestures available is representing something entirely different to what i have in my head if i was doing them irl.
I just stick to no gestures and race through the questions, which i have already learned so i just need to glance at a couple of words to know what i'm going to answer.
It'll be the same answers for almost every match, player interaction, speculation for the next 40-50 years in the game.

Edited by roykela

10 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

So it's important enough to post about twice in this thread where no one will see it, but you can't be bothered to post about it once in the correct place so it will actually get fixed.

Makes sense.

And no doubt they'll be back complaining when/if it's not fixed!

29 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

So it's important enough to post about twice in this thread where no one will see it, but you can't be bothered to post about it once in the correct place so it will actually get fixed.

Makes sense.

I paid 40 quid for a gam.

Im paid nothing to do bug reporting for the company.

2 hours ago, 2feet said:

Always been an issue since FM18 . Before that if the opposition scored there wasnt much noise 

20 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

And no doubt they'll be back complaining when/if it's not fixed!

I can tell you i give up reporting bugs ...... Use to do it all the time and most dont get fixed and these are still present in the game . They prioritize what they will fix . Ive seen bugs in FM21 that were there in FM17 so i just gave up

Hello,

Here is my view on the game. I primarily mean on the match engine:

1.  As many of you wrote the match engine itself is improvement form the previous one. However here are my remarks: 

- Inside forwards do not cut inside with the ball or do this very rarely.

- Very few goals from headers even playing with players with high header and jump attributes

- Too many first time passes and shots. This is very anoying for me as the game looks like pinball at times.

- Quick corners - why this is in the game? Never saw quick corners in the reals world except for short corners which in the game I do not find.

- Defenders and generaly players pass the ball withous many mistakes. Another thing that is not the case the the reals world

Please give me your toughts on this.

50 minutes ago, 2feet said:

I paid 40 quid for a gam.

Im paid nothing to do bug reporting for the company.

that's the whole point of a public beta. The people of SI do their best to deliver a top notch game every year and are still kind enough to let us play that game 2 weeks in advance to make the game even better. Posting a bug that is important to you, but also to us as fellow FM fans, is only a small effort IMO ;-)

31 minutes ago, Meurel77 said:

that's the whole point of a public beta. The people of SI do their best to deliver a top notch game every year and are still kind enough to let us play that game 2 weeks in advance to make the game even better. Posting a bug that is important to you, but also to us as fellow FM fans, is only a small effort IMO ;-)

Yes they do, and I gratefully pay them £40 for the privilege as do thousands of others.

They are not "kind enough" to let us play it, its a business, we pay them to play.

3 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

Does this look normal to you?

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 09.44.14.png

Thats not the norm though...on my save Adam Idah has scored 10 goals in 3 seasons and plays for Bristol Rovers!

Strikers are absolutely categorically not OP! If they were the AI teams would be banging in loads of goals they just aren't.

6 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

Does this look normal to you?

Last year when Messi/Ronaldo/Ciro Immobile scored 15-18 goals in League, was that normal? Set -Piece defending last year or 1v1 percentage, was that normal? Every year there is something. If we lived with that last 2 year, you can also see past this.

4 minutes ago, kiwityke said:

Thats not the norm though...on my save Adam Idah has scored 10 goals in 3 seasons and plays for Bristol Rovers!

Strikers are absolutely categorically not OP! If they were the AI teams would be banging in loads of goals they just aren't.

I'd agree they aren't overpowered with AI managers, but no matter what I do my strikers bang in a goal a game