Football Manager 2021 - New Headline Features

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, kingking said:

No news on A.I? This is disgusting. I know no one cares about this stuff. People only care about picking a tactics and winning matches.B ButI want my opponents to be smart, and competitive

I feel werid because out of everyone on this WHOLE Website, Only I care about A.I. Honesty it's strange.

Says who? I'd say 99% of players do but they don't harp on about it & realise we're still over 3 weeks away from the release date 

38 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Says who? I'd say 99% of players do but they don't harp on about it & realise we're still over 3 weeks away from the release date 

I will gladly wait, hopefully the silence on A.I improvement means it's a surprise.

2 areas desperate for improvement is A.I squad rotation and A.I squad registration and management for example A.I leave too many people unregistered and they don't rotate enough to keep a squad happy

Poor A.I unfortunately makes this game unrealistic, unchallenging and uninteresting

Edited by kingking

I'm intrigued by the addition of xG.

In real life xG is an attempt (that I will admit I hate on the basis that people get fixated on it) to statistically model the outcomes of various attempts on goal. But in real life players don't have stats and the wind can be blowing or someone could be looking at a nice cloud so it's all about fluffly probabilities based on previous outcomes at this point blah blah blah boring stats. For example I also don't know if real life xG takes into account the difference between Aguero shooting from 8 yards or, say Jonny Evans shooting from 8 yards or if it's just 'shot from 8 yards' (I know it's more complicated that that). But in real life it's always going to be a best guess.

In FM you should be able to get an actual 100% accurate xG because all the players have stats and the match engine is a mathematical model of those and other stats so it is always calculating the chance of a shot on goal going in and producing the outcome. This means that depending on the implementation the xG in FM should be actual mathematically correct xG.

I might have misunderstood the some of how all of this works but like I said, it will be interersting to see. Especially in the 'I had 30 shots to the opponents 3 and lost 2-0' that seemed so common last FM!

28 minutes ago, kingking said:

I will gladly wait, hopefully the silence on A.I improvement means it's a surprise.

2 areas desperate for improvement is A.I squad rotation and A.I squad registration and management for example A.I leave too many people unregistered and they don't rotate enough to keep a squad happy

Poor A.I unfortunately makes this game unrealistic, unchallenging and uninteresting

we already talked about this, but we stopped talking about it because you have to take into account the minimum requirement of FM20 and FM21 are the same

and we could not expect a powerful AI when the game is Coded to start with a 2003 processor 

an FM21 with the bug fixes would already be a big step forward !

Edited by destmez

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

realise we're still over 3 weeks away from the release date 

I really dislike this excuse. It is full bledged game that should be covered better.

No game release info the way they do. But the community is used to it and takes up with it... And here so many people defend this way. This hyping and milking things out once in a day with twitter(and under different twitter accounts also) and instagram is not consumer friendly. But what do i know... I am stupid consumer who just sees how industry is evolving and  wants best for my all time favorite game.

Edited by saihtam

1 hour ago, kingking said:

No news on A.I? This is disgusting. I know no one cares about this stuff. People only care about picking a tactics and winning matches. But i want my opponents to be smart and competitive

I feel werid because out of everyone on this WHOLE Website only I care about A.I. Honesty it's strange.

People in this forum hate when users like me post suggestions, report bugs and ask for more quality from this game. There is a lack of ambition from this forum... People only accept the minimum and don't ask for more

A.I is so important in this game. A poor A.I is a poor experience.

Poor A.I squad rotation means lack of players developing from other teams and A.I being plagued with unhappy players resulting in them playing worse.

Poor A.I tactics means lack of competition, unrealistic matches and unrealistic league tables.

poor A.I recruitment means lack of interesting transfer markets, unrealistic league tables.

Poor A.I youth development means LESS newgens being developed

Poor A.I wage management means teams unrealistically fail during long term saves because of financial difficulty.

Clearly you haven't read the blogs where they have said there's been a lot of work on the AI which they said will expand on further later. It's been repeated several times in this thread. You can't complain you've not heard if you don't read the blogs 

i really hope this year they fix the match plans, it has been broken for the last two or three years, the users cant disable the automatic substitutions no matter what option u select on it

its a really nice feature of the game to be able to change instructions by certain conditions on the game but i cant use it because my assistant will make subs as he pleases, if am playing an right inside forward that his learning his new position on the field ( he is a natural on AML, but i think he works better as a right inside forward to make better use of his left foot, but he is only accomplished on AMR ), the assistant will sub him at 30 min of play because there is a "better" option in the bench, i dont want the sub, i need the player to keep learning his new position and gaining experience on it, with the match plans broken as it is, i cant use it because he will be taken out of the game due to the automatic substitutions that u cant disable, no matter what option u select on it. match plans in fact has option to disable automatic subs, but is broken and its currently being ignored, i reported this a few times during fm20 and they never fixed it.

Edited by kertiek

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I know people want more info to come out and thats fair enough. But it defeats the point if you're not reading the info that has been coming out. Obviously doesn't apply to everyone but that news is for your benefit. SI obviously already know what's in there

To be fair, we are in the age that is easy to crate misinformation. Just see more then half of the stuff on facebook, isn't true and yet still people believe it... Cough-Qanon-Cough :idiot: 

Not saying that SI is doing that, but people may have become doubtful what they read on the net and many want concrete proof. people want to see exactly what it was improved.

I believe that SI says they improve the AI, is that they improve the AI, but not this overall feature that many want, it is incremental update.

4 minutes ago, grade said:

To be fair, we are in the age that is easy to crate misinformation. Just see more then half of the stuff on facebook, isn't true and yet still people believe it... Cough-Qanon-Cough :idiot: 

Not saying that SI is doing that, but people may have become doubtful what they read on the net and many want concrete proof. people want to see exactly what it was improved.

I believe that SI says they improve the AI, is that they improve the AI, but not this overall feature that many want, it is incremental update.

Given that people's views on what is good enough for the are subjective and personal, the only "proof" would be in playing it.

At the end of the day, if SI say they have improved something, then they have in their eyes. Whether that is good enough for a user, can only truly ever be seen when they play it

The point still stands, there's no point asking for more official information, if you're not actually reading said information anyway

2 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Clearly you haven't read the blogs where they have said there's been a lot of work on the AI which they said will expand on further later. It's been repeated several times in this thread. You can't complain you've not heard if you don't read the blogs 

I must of missed that bit of information. That's good news and I will be helping the community by testing how the A.I have improved this year 

3 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Given that people's views on what is good enough for the are subjective and personal, the only "proof" would be in playing it.

At the end of the day, if SI say they have improved something, then they have in their eyes. Whether that is good enough for a user, can only truly ever be seen when they play it

The point still stands, there's no point asking for more official information, if you're not actually reading said information anyway

I agree with you, but Just saying it is the day and age we are currently are...

Now we are in Novemeber i hope we see some ME features/News. I just hope they fixed the Keep ball at the back when AI plays defensively. Playing defensively means them putting up the men behind the ball but the effect of Inch perfect passing under Max Press with Majority of Passes happening between CB-CB- GK and On Most times having around 80% of posession between these 3 is the Side effect i really hope get fixed. Also  i hope Posession calculation reflects real life with Amount of passes rather than chess clock version. 

I’ve had a whinge about the game plenty of times on here but credit where it’s due, It’s looking great. I’m getting hyped. As long as the ME has been worked on for the better (which I’m now sure it has) I’ll be happy. 

Hmmmmm.... now need to decide in the next few days who to manage first... I never pick a big club so might go for one this time. 

Seems like the player's cut-out with their face no long appears when they score a goal? Only their name? That sucks. Hopefully there will be a skin that adds that in.

The contract/transfer improvements are great, the others (media, what my ass man thinks about squad depth) I don't care about.

I think the SI is shooting themselves in the foot a little bit. There appear to be many small improvements to a lot of areas, which is great. But if you roll out a few tweaks every other day it can seem underwhelming. Imo they should've just rolled out large batches of changes to really highlight the number of improvements. 

I'd still be disappointed if international management isn't revamped, but the number of other improvements would make 2021 version a good buy. 

Is it just me or do these pitches look infinitely better than the current ones? Seem much lighter and easier on the eye, FM20 ones are way too dark and plasticky looking.

gNyXsCL.jpg

xjobEdj.jpg

Anyway, really looking forward to Twitch stream. They did confirm it's going to happen before beta, right?

1 minute ago, Zemahh said:

Is it just me or do these pitches look infinitely better than the current ones? Seem much lighter and easier on the eye, FM20 ones are way too dark and plasticky looking.

gNyXsCL.jpg

xjobEdj.jpg

Anyway, really looking forward to Twitch stream. They did confirm it's going to happen before beta, right?

IS this from FM 21 ? 

2 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

gNyXsCL.jpg

xjobEdj.jpg

Looks like player ratings are fixed (GK, AMC)

15 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I wonder when the live stream will be.

And yes, its pretty sucks that they removed the player face when he scored the goal. 

Its a disaster. 

I fear it is because licensing. The alternative is too sad to consider about 

11 hours ago, ferrarinseb said:

Now we are in Novemeber i hope we see some ME features/News. I just hope they fixed the Keep ball at the back when AI plays defensively. Playing defensively means them putting up the men behind the ball but the effect of Inch perfect passing under Max Press with Majority of Passes happening between CB-CB- GK and On Most times having around 80% of posession between these 3 is the Side effect i really hope get fixed. Also  i hope Posession calculation reflects real life with Amount of passes rather than chess clock version. 

Yes it happens too often sometimes the CB1 (centerback) is pressed by an attacker, he has time and space to give the ball to CB2, but instead he waits for the last moment, and the only solution is to give the ball at the GK

12 minutes ago, destmez said:

Yes it happens too often sometimes the CB1 (centerback) is pressed by an attacker, he has time and space to give the ball to CB2, but instead he waits for the last moment, and the only solution is to give the ball at the GK

And cb 2 does the same makes the cycle repeat. 

As I said I just hope defending deep doesn't mean keeping the ball under intense pressure even with single striker formation. 

54 minutes ago, Christmas said:

Its a disaster. 

I fear it is because licensing. The alternative is too sad to consider about 

I think it will be easy to change to show player faces, like you want, but depends if SI makes it easy for Skin mod to change that.

4 hours ago, Zemahh said:

gNyXsCL.jpg

xjobEdj.jpg

But that is still not the colour of grass

Edited by Tony Wright 747

41 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Nice to the the AMC has actually done something in that match & yeah, it's bit bright green, just hope that's the opening day of the season & not in December 

I think It is in December as the championship fixtures are the same to real life and that's when they have Rotherham

hello miles, Many people like to see in 3D matches the ball in yellow all year round as in the championship of France and Italy ... graphically it's more beautiful would it be possible to set it up on fm21 ?? or to do a survey as you did very well for the handshake ?tks

All the new features look good to me, I've read some comments saying "no-one cares, focus on the ME" and although I agree that the ME has been very disappointing last year, the new features do excite me. I just hope SI have fixed the ME as well. I haven't played FM since February I think and I really miss this game. It all comes down to the ME though, if it's better than FM20 I will definitely buy FM21 but if it's still not fixed I think I will say goodbye to FM forever.