Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

36 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

1 on 1 ccc missed, 85, 78, 72, 69, 60, 46,13 mins, 7 in one match!

Burnley v Liverpool.pkm 198.86 kB · 2 downloads

Most of these I don't even count as clear 1 on 1 situations, because defenders were so close to the attacker that he had to shoot. There was no time or room to try anything fancy. I saw 2 or maybe 3 one on ones where attacker had time, but that's my opinion and it may very well be wrong.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Mikke said:

Most of these I don't even count as clear 1 on 1 situations, because defenders were so close to the attacker that he had to shoot. There was no time or room to try anything fancy. I saw 2 or maybe 3 one on ones where attacker had time, but that's my opinion and it may very well be wrong.

Man City v Liverpool.pkm

21, 55 and 58 these are clear one on ones

Liverpool v Crystal Palace.pkm

Maybe my interpterion of a one on one is skewed, but none the less every one on one ive listed in CCC

Edited by Weller1980

8 minutes ago, Mikke said:

How do they compare to These? 50/50 conversion Prior the patch, or slightly above. Forwards in actual space most of the time. No added pressure. No much defenders near Closing / Hunting the guy down.

46 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

one on ones are properly broken.... Im bored of broken MEs, I know its never going to be perfect but almost every one on one created is missed. 

1 on 1 ccc missed, 85, 78, 72, 69, 60, 46,13 mins, 7 in one match!

Burnley v Liverpool.pkm 198.86 kB · 2 downloads

13: Not a bad finish, good save from the GK.

46: Striker under pressure from three (!!) defenders, not the easiest of chances as he had very little time. Also a decent save.

60: Attacking player under pressure from a defender who effectively closes down the far corner for the finish, leaving only the other side of the goal open. If a GK is well positioned, it's very hard to put it past him there. 

69: Probably the best chance of the bunch.

72: Not a good finish, also not the easiest of angles imo. 

78: Big miss, good save

85: Player under pressure from the defender who is catching up and right behind him.

Honestly, I don't get some of the criticism (not aimed at you specifically). If the finishing rate would go up now, you'd get crazy bonanza cricket scores.  And if you regularly watch football irl, you'll notice that finishing rates, especially of one on ones, are not nearly as high as you guys think they are. 

If anything, it's probably a little too easy to create 1vs1's right now. But apart from that, this ME looks really solid. In my opinion at least. I just feel that some people are asking way too much of what is essentially still a game.

2 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

These are not league two players, they are the best strikers in the world missing endless 1 on 1s surly they should be scoring a few of them, I'm not expecting a goal on every 1 on 1 

They're also playing in the highest rated competition in the world. This may come as a surprise to you, but your opponent also plays his part. 

4 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

They're also playing in the highest rated competition in the world. This may come as a surprise to you, but your opponent also plays his part. 

yes I understand but, there should be a better balance? Currently I personally feel they are missing too many of them? My match statistics don't lie, 7 ccc one on ones all missed, youd expect to score at least one of those 7?

Edited by Weller1980

6 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

yes I understand but, there should be a better balance? Currently I personally feel they are missing too many of them? My match statistics don't lie, 7 ccc one on ones all missed, youd expect to score at least one of those 7?

You may not want to go by what is labelled as a ccc anyway, I know in previous version they were always a little sketchy. And no I wouldn't. Especially if half of those clear cut chances have at least one or two factors severely impacting the chance of success (defender pressure, angle of the shot,...).

15 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

If the stats bug you so much, SI were clearly inspired by Opta Data CCC/ BIg Chance when introducing it (though both are not much comparable, in my opinion, in particular not as for Opta, human eyes double check each Chance whereas on SI's end it's purely a Computer Code "judging" things). Obviously the range is hugely wide. :) It ranks from reasonably difficult one on ones to tap ins into an open net. Actual "big chances"in Football are starting in the  ~20% range of conversion (1 in 5). So from that end, perfectly possible to miss 7, even more. However, aside of checking the conversion ratios, the frequency of the one on ones (and their defending) likely also Need Tuning down in a subsequent patch. As you have realized, the perception is hugely different if it all happens in a single match, rather than over a couple weeks/months…

Edited by Svenc

58 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Forget what the game calls CC, the definition in game is horribly, horribly loose. TBH I've long argued it shouldn't be in the game unless it matches optas definition of big chance

40 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think the main problem with these one-on-ones isn't the fact that so many are missed it's that so many are created, no game has 8+ clear shots at goal, it's the fact these chances shouldn't be created in the first place 

I think too many are counted by game and players as big chances, but also too many opportunities exist. Tighten up the back a bit and you're there on that front.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb themadsheep2001:

Forget what the game calls CC, the definition in game is horribly, horribly loose. TBH I've long argued it shouldn't be in the game unless it matches optas definition of big chance

+ There are many 1v1 happening due to long balls over the head of the CBs ... if strikers would score more than they actually do right now , there would be way too many goals . I have seen a few 7+ goals matches since the update ... I'm fine with the 1v1 . 

What actually drives me insane is that Players waiting too long before they cross the freakin ball. Even with no opponent player near them , they would wait til one appears in front of the ball so he can hit him and get a corner lol . 

57 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

My match statistics don't lie, 7 ccc

Looking at your pkm it says 5?

Regardless of how many there's another factor to consider.  This season in the EPL, Liverpool average about 16 shots per game (stats from whoscored.com).  Against Everton when they won 5-2 they only had 11 shots.  In that match v Burnley you had 31 shots, practically double the real life average and almost triple the Everton match.  You also won the match 3-0.  Arguably there could be a better balance in the goals between open play goals and deadball situations which could well be ME related, however the quantity of CCCs created will have a direct link to the number of chances (shots) created and you have double/triple the real life average.

So a big factor in the quantity of CCCs created is down to how you are setting up resulting in an unrealistic comparison to real life averages.  However the balance of goals (all from dead ball situations) is possibly ME related and could be uploaded to the Bugs forum from that perspective.

(This is where I'm seeing 5 CCCs btw):

1.png

18 minutes ago, herne79 said:

This season in the EPL, Liverpool average about 16 shots per game (stats from whoscored.com).  

In-game Prior, you could have been top of the league with 12 shots average (I was, subsequent release as a top side). This touches upon another Point, which is match Management. For your average FM Players, if they'd watch the shot data of Pool, and compare it to City, it'd look suspect. In fact, I'm going to argue that your average FM Player Managing City would have Long since logged on to rage how much they were being cheated, and how the Liverpool AI must be rigged.

City are unleashing an average of 21 shots vs 7 against (their Point Drops are universally of the 30+ shots vs 5ish Kind), whereas Liverpool have 16 for, 11 against (when they won against Everton, they had 11 shots vs 12..). However, similar to Leicester Winning the PRem with 13 for 13 against (or France / Portugal Winning the most recent international Football tournaments, France having but half of Germany's shots average…), this is simply a byproduct of each side's match Management / tactical styles. Pep's Football is all About keeping the ball from Opposition and pinning them back into their half. Leicester were all about counter attacking. Klopp's schtick is a tad different.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

If you'd dig a Little deeper, and looked at the actually Quality for / against, Things looked very different. All of those sides would have been around the top echolon for their own reasons. FM doesn't have such data, and the CCC is no replacement for it though. At all. :D 

Edited by Svenc

Only played one game after the new patch and i could tell there's a world of difference. Finishing seems more balanced and most of all there's plenty of inside play! 

There's more. Won 5-2 and with an hatrick by the striker! Didn't notice any balls over the top playing with relatively slow cb's and standard d.line and loe settings on positive mentality. 

Dribbling still looks a bit OP. My AMC had two Maradona moments which are beautiful and fun to watch. If you touch dribbling please be careful with not nerfing it too much like in fm19. 

The other issue that still persists is heavy fps drops with sound on. I like to play with sound but currently it's impossible. 

In any case, thanks for the patch SI! 

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum or if this has been discussed before, I Almost never frequent football manager forums.

But I've been frustrated lately with the amount of 1vs1s my players are missing. In my last game my striker wasted more than 6 1vs1 in a single game and a few they didn't even try to shoot for it to count as a 1vs1 : /

This game below ended 1-0. So frustrating.

I wouldn't mind players wasting some 1vs1s everyone now and then, especially that every game seems to have 10 1vs1 to both teams, but either increase the conversion rate, or lower the amount of 1vs1 situations in each game please.

95885787_Screenshot(222).thumb.png.40e960ca96ea4303908127f5a041481b.png

Also (and again, apologies if this have been a long time known issue), but everyone else having the problem of their fullbacks getting caught offside too many times for it to be realistic in a single game?

Edited by kuru

After 10 games in the new ME :

+ More through balls to the strikers

+ See some good crossing from wingers in the byline

+ Better 1v1 conversion from top strikers

- Pass over the top a bit OP

- CB in those situations (^^^) react badly to it

- I have noticed a lot of bad back passes to the GK

But overall i enjoying this ME , just little tweaks and the ME will be almost perfect for me 

Edited by GOODNAME

6 hours ago, jere_d said:

Is this still a known and ignored issue or do I need to back this up with evidence?

Really all you need to do it test the game to see these issues.

In 41 games including 7 friendlies I've only converted 5 out of 15 penalties.

This doesn't include 1 pen shootout win where I won 3-2 and 10 penalties were taken. 

I understand penalties are missed but in this, stats wise, it's an absolute joke.

So far this season in the prem 6 out of 31 pens have been saved or missed that's less than 1 in 5 the season before it was around 19 out of 84. And the same players tends to be the ones who miss.

Mods are burying the penalty issue in this thread so I'll back up my issues. below should be 3 pages, from my save, of penalty stats for premier league players in all comps, 27 prem games into the season. 70 scored out of 113 which is just under 62% scored. I couldn't filter these into just prem games as the game doesn't provide that option and I'm not clicking on every player to separate the competitions.

I found the strength and its 60/95 = just over 63%

When you compare that to last seasons percentage of 77% conversion rate and this season's (before the midweek games) conversion rate of 80%. Something is not right!!!!!   (see https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/elfmeterstatistik/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2018 for averages )

yearly prem conversion percentages last 5 years

(19 -20) 27/33 = 81% (vardi & rashford scored midweek*)  (18-19) 84/103 = 81%  (17-18) 56/78 = 71%    (16-17) 81/106 = 76%  (15-16)  74/91 = 81%  (14-15) 63/82 = 76%

My own teams competitive (excluding shoot out) conversion rate is 37% laughable since my player stats are among the highest.

2 teams have lower 1 with 0% out of 3 and 1 with 33.3% out of 3

These teams penalty takers are around the 13 mark but surely that isn't atrocious
My 16 pen rating has missed 3 of 4 (16 comp and 14 fin)

The statistics are not aligning. I read a rumor saying stats are world averages, well im sorry but world averages should not be applied to top leagues as they contain most of the best and more technical players. league averages suggest around 80% should be scored and if the pens are dictated by stats like it should be on FM better penalty takers should have better conversion rates.

Players that are clearly lower quality to the 2nd best league in the world should Not play a part in the conversion rate.

20191206003110_1.jpg

20191206003051_1.jpg

20191206003019_1.jpg

vor 20 Stunden schrieb pats:

ME has problems no doubt but turning possession over is not one of them. It's your tactics and players. This part of ME is actually more realistic than previous versions. 

Only if you have a statistical only view on the matter - if you also take into account how the Possession changes it must come to light that the Scenes in which one Players stops the ball for an Player of the other Team in any hilarious way (both sides do so) like defenders stopping the ball with the heel as they are infront of the chasing striker and first at the ball, then running away from the ball while the chasing behind striker eventually gets a free shot on the Goal with a high scoring probability have inflated!

The pre patch verson of the ME was so much better in that regard.

My judgement on the current ME is not based on out of the blue no context statsitical values but actual 3D Match Scenes.

The Long Ball Superiortiy Problem is statistically none bcs the Long Balls in my game count as through balls for excample - up to 60yrds through balls...well...these long through balls now account for 60% to 70% of my Goals.

PS: And These FM20 Goalkicks - omg - i can not stand them - pls give me a Goalkickeditor so i can change that - i never changed Corners + Free Kicks bcs i found that exploitive but these Goalkicks drive me crazy to no limit.

Edited by Etebaer

3 hours ago, Svenc said:

In-game Prior, you could have been top of the league with 12 shots average (I was, subsequent release as a top side). This touches upon another Point, which is match Management. For your average FM Players, if they'd watch the shot data of Pool, and compare it to City, it'd look suspect. In fact, I'm going to argue that your average FM Player Managing City would have Long since logged on to rage how much they were being cheated, and how the Liverpool AI must be rigged.

City are unleashing an average of 21 shots vs 7 against (their Point Drops are universally of the 30+ shots vs 5ish Kind), whereas Liverpool have 16 for, 11 against (when they won against Everton, they had 11 shots vs 12..). However, similar to Leicester Winning the PRem with 13 for 13 against (or France / Portugal Winning the most recent international Football tournaments, France having but half of Germany's shots average…), this is simply a byproduct of each side's match Management / tactical styles. Pep's Football is all About keeping the ball from Opposition and pinning them back into their half. Leicester were all about counter attacking. Klopp's schtick is a tad different.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

If you'd dig a Little deeper, and looked at the actually Quality for / against, Things looked very different. All of those sides would have been around the top echolon for their own reasons. FM doesn't have such data, and the CCC is no replacement for it though. At all. :D 

We need to move away from CCC and towards shotmaps. There's an awful lot of stats in FM but I think how they are presented needs to change to be closer to how shots etc are analysed in real life. Also doesn't help there's a warped perception of chances scored. 

6 hours ago, Mikke said:

This is partly the games fault as it counts a lot of chances as clear cut that really aren't. I've watched the whole game sometimes, then looked at the stats and been amazed to find one or other of the teams actually had 2 CCCs when I barely remember them having a shot never mind one I'd term clear cut. 

5 hours ago, herne79 said:

Regardless of how many there's another factor to consider.  This season in the EPL, Liverpool average about 16 shots per game (stats from whoscored.com).  Against Everton when they won 5-2 they only had 11 shots.  In that match v Burnley you had 31 shots, practically double the real life average and almost triple the Everton match.  You also won the match 3-0.  Arguably there could be a better balance in the goals between open play goals and deadball situations which could well be ME related, however the quantity of CCCs created will have a direct link to the number of chances (shots) created and you have double/triple the real life average.

So a big factor in the quantity of CCCs created is down to how you are setting up resulting in an unrealistic comparison to real life averages.  However the balance of goals (all from dead ball situations) is possibly ME related and could be uploaded to the Bugs forum from that perspective.

1.png

There 8 CCCs overall in the game. 3 for Burnley and 5 for Liverpool. Maybe that's what he was alluding to. I think people wrongly assume people who complain about this issue are doing so because just their players miss CCCs. But as I showed in my stats last page or a few pages ago. The AI had 4 times as many CCCs (mainly through hoofed longballs my CBs ducked under) but I won 7 of the 10 games because strikers miss them with such regularity. Yet goals from set pieces or on rushing midfielders are almost certain to get you goals. 

It's why I think this ME is pretty poor and unbalanced. Creating chances (IE having a good tactic) is just a road to frustration or you can just game the ME and let the AI have loads of CCCs because you know they won't score enough to beat you. 

Regarding statistics, I would also like the corners not to be captured as crosses. It unnecessarily increases the cross count giving the impression that your team is crossing a lot. Not a big issue for me but may help those who complain about too many crosses and don't know it includes corners as well. The number of corners stat is there already anyway. Furthermore, it would also be good to know how many crosses your team has made from open play during a period so you can adjust your tactics accordingly. 

5 hours ago, kuru said:

This game below ended 1-0. So frustrating.

95885787_Screenshot(222).thumb.png.40e960ca96ea4303908127f5a041481b.png

One of the core reasons you're not scoring that much with a likelyhood of 99% wasn't the 1-1s (still an "issue"), but the set pieces you have. For Seasons upon Seasons I have yet to barely see any match with 14 SOT and barely a Goal where the SOT weren't bumped by headers after the cross from the throw-in, free kick and Corner -- of which you had 15 alone. Considering that Matches on FM too last About 60 minutes (90 minus stoppage time), that is essentially a Corner for every 4th Minute the ball is actually, well, played. Headers under pressure in a crowded box will rarely be the equivalent of a tap-in, and are oft simply saved. Unfortunately, the keeper oft gets a Rating bump, when sometimes he shouldn't.

Top Teams average no more than 8 corners in Football despite Camping into Opposition halves. Set pieces come About btw. as sides still get a foot into an attacking move. Whilst FM arguably has more shots from the set piece than Football in General (FM 20 is not a first) -- there are myriads of tactical combinations that make it even easier for a packed defense to get a foot into that Play. Download tactics too are oft notoriously bad at this, as the current schtick for a few reasons has it to overload the Opposition final third by pushing (almost) everybody narrowly up (no idea why it's supported here without Disclaimers). The Opposition defense only ever has the area to defend the attacking Team covers. The smaller that is… In the below Picture, no matter which Player in blue would be receiving the next pass, he'd be immediately pushed. How much that happens depends a bit on the AI likewise, the Formation and roles picked. etc.

won5LZe.jpg

3 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

We need to move away from CCC and towards shotmaps. There's an awful lot of stats in FM but I think how they are presented needs to change to be closer to how shots etc are analysed in real life. Also doesn't help there's a warped perception of chances scored. 

The perception of one one ones likely too by now, after the issue has been such a hot topic. It seems every time a Forward is somewhat approaching goalmouth, it's considered a "clear on goal", even when there's tons of defenders nearby. It's a Long-term Thing naturally. :D For as Long as SI don't communicate a "benchmark" proper, that perception of scoring chances will Always be off, as that's just how Football is being represented on telly every week…  which is at times completely at odds with how it actually works on the most Basic of levels. TV guys aren't hired to primarily educate, but with TV football being an (expensive) piece of entertainment, to excite, thrill and entertain.

Which was pointed out by the Guardian in this article too as far back as the early 2010s. It's slightly changed since, but only slightly (in Germany from my end, not at all). There also seems to be a bit of a fear here that covering too much may Damage the near-mythical Reputation of the game -- how sides can win despite not being seen for 90 minutes, how nobody can apparently tell exactly what contributes to Winning Matches, and how unpredictable, and as such viewable even the biggest mismatches oft can be. In other words, how going more in-Depth may threaten football's inherent Charms.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/feb/24/football-numbers-game-gary-neville

So why don't broadcasters use data that clubs have long since dipped into? Blake Wooster from Prozone, which provides match data to Canal Plus and Al-Jazeera, believes is it about understanding audiences. "I sometimes make the distinction between what is interesting and what is important," he says. "Professional footballers and gamblers are interested in the key performance indicators that contribute to winning – viewers perhaps less so."

Edited by Svenc

I have a stupid question (hopefully this is the correct location to ask) when looking at a player's development page, what's the difference between leaving the "position/role/duty" training option -blank- or choosing a role? When leaving it blank and hovering it, it shows the current position and role the player is playing in the formation -so not necessarily his natural position- and/or his last played position and role.

So it seems to me unless I want my player to gain some familiarity in a role he's less than "accomplished" in before I start playing him in that position, there's no point in selecting a role, and leaving it blank it just a better option as -I presume- it would decrease training workload. 

Unless I'm missing something obvious like if I left it blank the player won't get trained in the attributes suited for the role I want him to play, considering that the attributes won't get highlighted on the panel next toit. But the role being displayed after I hover over the "blank" role leads me to believe that it shouldn't be the case.

image.thumb.png.ca1468a6e485b4f81b96447ac5de6489.png

8 hours ago, herne79 said:

1.png

It’s very interesting reading everyone’s perspective and perhaps I’m being a bit harsh on the ME. 

For my stats I was taking into account what I considered a 1 v 1 and included Burnley’s stats which totalled to 7 for both teams.

3 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

So do most people consider the balance of 1 v 1 goals scored about right?

This update seems a step backwards. The match engine is visually more appealing and seems to run more smoothly, but the issue with 1v1s is concerning. It reminds me of the beta. Since the update, I’ve had games, winning and losing, where I’ve scored no goals and had upwards of 9 CCCs, then won games where the other team was the one with the large amount of chances on goal. There seems to be an increase in the number of errors being committed by players as well. It’s frustrating. I can’t decide if the update has made the game worse for me or just made it harder. But there does still seem to be an imbalance in the engine. 

9 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think the main problem with these one-on-ones isn't the fact that so many are missed it's that so many are created, no game has 8+ clear shots at goal, it's the fact these chances shouldn't be created in the first place 

Have not been in the game or forum a while.
This was case before patch also.

But are there issue raised in bug or any other comment from SI about this?

28 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Have not been in the game or forum a while.
This was case before patch also.

But are there issue raised in bug or any other comment from SI about this?

Since the release of the latest patch I’ve put about 8pkms in the bugs forum and devs have responded on said thread. SI have also marked the thread as logged and passed the pkms onto the dev team. 

Edited by Weller1980

13 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Since the release of the latest patch I’ve put about 8pkms in the bugs forum and devs have responded on said thread. SI have also marked the thread as logged and passed the pkms onto the dev team. 

Thats very good to hear.

Not sure if this is a bug I need to report or something I'm doing wrong. This is my set piece routine for free kicks:

Untitled-0.thumb.jpg.693c00822ae6a06444fe63e6c1fb0d25.jpg

I've set all four defenders to stay back. So why have my two central defenders gone forward for this?

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.a3cd05c0b9b647358a992dc2ff42e6c6.jpg

They countered and got a clear shot on goal from it.

Edited by Tiger666

1 hour ago, Weller1980 said:

I haven't checked the AI vs AI matches, but in the small sample of matches I've played after patch I've seen about 1 out of 3 one-vs-ones scored. That's good enough for me.

Stuck on 20.1.4 with demo but I like it more and more. No 1on1's issue, wingers shooting from byline hardly noticable. Like it very much, it's hard I can barely score. Just got thrashed by FC Koln who played crazy gegenpress 442, with their front two PFd and TMs combo. I see maybe one 1on1 per game, probably less and those are scored more often than not. How many 1on1's are there on avarage in one game? @Svenc ? 

My feedback on the patched ME.  My opinion was that I was enjoying the game when the beta was first released - but not as much after the first patch.  This has been much more enjoyable to watch/play and has for sure seen me playing the game more.

A lot of posters have talked about long balls and 1 on 1's - and while they are there, I wouldn't say I'm seeing a massive amount. Now, I do play with a standard defensive line/lower loe - and against a direct team last night, I changed my fastest CD to "Cover" and also made sure I selected "Regroup" and I won 2-0 - and a comfortable 2-0 as well.  They got behind me once all game with a long ball and my covering CD got back and blocked the shot.  Against a team that was pressing me high up, I played more directly and I did see more 1 on 1's - but that's exactly what I wanted.  I would say they aren't being scored quite enough - but I am seeing some converted.

We scored a goal last night that was superb - quick, short passing in a central area and a through ball for a nice finish - I didn't see goals like that in the last ME - so that was great to see.

A winger on attack is acting exactly how I would expect - running at defenders and crossing.

I found my fullbacks ratings were really low in the last ME - that's been fixed.  I would say maybe a Box to Box Midfielder seems a little underpowered and he's not shown up much - but I will admit to him not being the best player in my team!

The number of goals from corners feels right.  I thought it was overpowered in the last ME.

I do notice a difference in how I play depending on my tactics - and if I get it right, the result often follows - if I get it wrong, that's not on the ME, it's on me - but it does matter what tactics I use.  You need a plan of how you are going to play in each game and to be aware of the weakness of your tactic.  When I get it right, it does feel rewarding - and hey, when I don't I just click my heels three times and wish I was Rashidi!!

Things to Tweak?

I saw on the last page of the thread the issue of too many red cards was raised.  Last night in a stretch of 8 games, I saw 6 red cards - 2 for me, 6 for the oppo.  I'll post the pkm's when I get home tonight as that feels a touch high.  Oddly, it was only last night I saw this issue...

Indirect free kicks from out wide are overpowered - I've scored and conceded what feels like too many - all with balls to the far post.

I'm still seeing too many offside goals - I'll keep an eye on that tonight and pkm any games with 2 or more.

Too small of a sample size I guess with penalties - but 2 of 3 have been saved - I'll keep an eye on this.

Overall

I personally am enjoying playing a lot more since the release on Tuesday.  I do have to stop and think before each game - but that's part of the challenge.  So, well done and thank you, SI.

2 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Not for me and whilst I have other frustrations with the ME, this is the issue that's made me stop playing FM20.

Personally speaking, I want the 'quality' elements of my team to perform well and typically, be my main match-winners; for me, these elements are my midfield playmaker(s), whose stats look superficially good but are massively padded by set-piece assists, and my striker(s)...who I just can't get to contribute with any level of consistency. My games fluctuate between goalless draws with boatloads of missed chances and 5-0 drubbings; i'd say that the performances in both scenarios are similar with finishing pretty much the sole discepancy. It's maddening; just looking for the engine to allow my strikers to finish the opportunites my creative midfielders provide but the fact that they don't makes the game soporifically tedious - all my goals come from set-pieces and since the last patch, cutbacks for onrushing fullbacks (both of whom have a low finishing attribute but this doesn't seem to matter, just as my forwards' high finishing/composure/decisions attributes don't).

58 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Not sure if this is a bug I need to report or something I'm doing wrong. This is my set piece routine for free kicks:

I've set all four defenders to stay back. So why have my two central defenders gone forward for this?

They countered and got a clear shot on goal from it.

I'd log that

I'm going to log throw ins because strikers come short for throw ins (along with the player you've assigned to come short) when you set them to mark the keeper/ post