England V Tunisia 1900 BST BBC1

decapitated

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

He's already created two chances ya bell

Fair enough if you think he's played well but I don't. He's been a mess for most of that half and I expect a lot better from him.

And my original point still stands, ya bell.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Usual? where have I said I hated england before?

Yes kane was stonewall.. but my point is.. whether it was or not, england should be far and away ahead despite it.

So we cant be pissed at a blatant penalty not being given because we've also missed some good chances? I don't get the point.

Right then. I've had a few minutes to cool down. Lets get back out there and batter them!

Belgium were drawing at halftime and won 3-0, Tunisia will tire as the second half goes on and we need to take at least 2 of our chances.

COME ON!!

Just now, Barry Cartman said:

Don't bother they're just an embarrasment, imagine if Sterling misses those Lingard chances 

Lingard has still played well despite the misses 

Sterling and Lingard are two of the players who have cut through Tunisia the most, but sure lets bury them, rather building on that and showing more composure. The idiocy of England fans never fails to astound me

Just now, Barry Cartman said:

Don't bother they're just an embarrasment, imagine if Sterling misses those Lingard chances 

Lingard has still played well despite the misses 

Get a grip mate. People having a different opinion to you doesn't make them an embarrassment :D

Very impressive half from England imo. One mistake that happened to lead to a goal, unlucky not to be 1 or more ahead. More of the same and they should ease through.

The only thing you should guys worry about in offensive phase is finishing. This team will do even better against teams wanting to play actual football.

As for defense, if the lineup isn't changed, expect 3+ goals conceded starting with Belgium game.

Just now, Marc Albrighton said:

So we cant be pissed at a blatant penalty not being given because we've also missed some good chances? I don't get the point.

A dozen england fans posting a dozen times about how the referee is bent and suggesting THAT is the reason england are in this position..... 

I think my point is pretty obvious tbh... 

Still waiting to see even a single example of me being an england hater btw... or was that just generalisation based on my nationality.. some might say that was typical englishness ;)

Hopefully Walker gets to play RWB going forward. Clearly not a CB.

Lingard and Sterling can't finish, Kane can't get into a decent position to save himself (bar the goal).

Could be a long 45 minutes here...

Also what a Rock Bottom attempt from Sassi on Kane. 

6 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

I've not read this thread I'll just put my 1st half thoughts and disappear :)

Overall we've played well bar a few minutes here and there, the penalty was unfortunate but that was easily one of the better halves of football I've seen from an England team in a major tournament since possibly Euro 2004, I'm actually very pleased with everything bar the scoreline and again it's unfortunate how we conceded.

My actual only issue is Harry Maguire, he looks a threat in the Tunisian box but he has looked to casual at times defensively when on the ball and is a liability, Gary Cahill should replace him in this first eleven for future games and maybe even the second half as he also provides a threat in the opposition box but is much better defensively and his experience could be invaluable in that back line.

I think if we play the same way the game is ours for the taking, a little more composure in the final third and we should win by two.

Well if your not going to read our posts why should we read yours!

:D

Just now, Welshace said:

A dozen england fans posting a dozen times about how the referee is bent and suggesting THAT is the reason england are in this position..... 

I think my point is pretty obvious tbh... 

Still waiting to see even a single example of me being an england hater btw... or was that just generalisation based on my nationality.. some might say that was typical englishness ;)

Your point is exaggerated nonsense, nobody said it was the reason we aren't ahead, we simply want a blatant penalty when it is due but you basically just said "Oh dont worry about the blatant pen, you've missed obvious chances".

It also wasn't a generalisation, i just read the posts.

1 minute ago, Astafjevs said:

Think England will be fine. They'll continue to create good chances because Tunisia aren't a good team, and England are playing decent. They'll finish this 3-1 or something

Hopefully, but even if we don't it's not the end of the world. If we can keep playing like we did for a lot of the first half for the rest of this tournament I'll be happy.

8 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Oh wow, that's a penalty on Kane. What is VAR for if they're not calling that back? :D

I'd argue it's not clear enough. Yeah he pushed him over, but Kane is pushing him down too and they've both initiated contact, while the more agression is on Kane, can see why it's not clear enough.

As I post this, the next one happened, that's a definite pen.

Archived