Football Manager 2016 16.1.0 Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hia FM.

I have an few question about the creation of your own club.

to me it looks like more of an editing an already existing club? I also see that i can not add any youth players to my youth team? and i can not see to be able to uppload my own logo? does it have to be in an spesific format?

Also when i try to set up an 2nd team/B team in spain that start in lower spanish division system. like real madrid have and others, i can not see to be able to? thet club i choose will be affiliated, but i can not move players back and forth as i choose(free move selected,same board,permanent deal). is there an limitation on when "creating" and new club regarding making sub team's for it, B-C team's that playes in regular division,like in spain?

i also miss the oppertunity to make my own board members/owner of the club? unless i do not see it. also with the stadium, can name it. But do not see any option on to change size,utilities, training ground lvl etc.

Hope you can let us actually make an totally new club, instead of just editing and replacing another. and when making an new club you should always start at the bottom division as it normally are.

i also notice that there are not any pictures for players. like other version have had game made profile pictures for players/staff/board members. Same with club logo's. Is this still copyright issues? can there maybe be an option to have generated pictures for players/staff when you start a new game?

any possibility that we will be allowed to actually have even more division added to be able to play with? like spanish third division and lower, lower then confrence on England?

• SI Staff
In the 2017/18 season, Oxford City are in the Vanarama South whilst St Albans and hemel Hempstead are both in the Vanarama North, i'm sure that both are south of Oxford

Could you please start a thread in the Bugs Forum about this - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/502-Football-Manager-2016-Beta-Bug-Forums

Please include what division were Oxford City in for the 2016/17 season. Thanks.

More than 2 days. The 16.10 beta has been out for 2 days but that was the release candidate SI sent out to Sega and we have no idea how old that release candidate was.

As i understand it the release candidate was signed off by Sega as the ME version which would be in use when the game was fully released, thats why its called the release candidate.

Miles kindly let us have it early, if they are working on a new ME version something must have happened since to convince them its no longer upto scratch, which gets us back to having a couple of days to build & test a new ME........ unless they roll back to the beta which i can't see them doing.

It does happen on a regular basis, but 1) it does happen for your opponent tooand 2) what happens is that they mostly can get an easy cross, which however is far from being a 100% goal (also because your fullback is now inside the area to defend the cross :) ). So while it is annoying, I think it does not change the overall balance of the game. It is by far the best match engine for release ever. I mean, there were MEs that were worse than this even after 5 patches in march of the next year. And this comes from a person that is so critical that it didn't play FM 08-15 "seriously" before December because of the bugs!

sounds not too bad then, I just want a good balanced game. perhaps SI can improve full back defending and compensate for the reduced goals from this with an increase in goals from dfk's?

Sorry if this has been asked on earlier feedback, but I'm at work at moment (shhhhhh don't tell the boss) and looking through all the previous feedback is taking too long.

Is the AI using Non-Negotiable transfer bids a definitie tactic for this year?

Just finished a first season with Newcastle and several players had very successful seasons. The summer transfer window just opened and received 2 bids in quick succession for Moussa Sissoko who is valued at £22 million. Both bids offered about half his value upfront and then some extra clauses, even with the clauses taken into account neither bid met his current value. Both bids were non-negotiable, now I had no particular desire to sell him, but a decent bid would allow me to make some big changes to my defence.

Is this going to be a standard tactic from the big teams to try unsettle players?

In the 2017/18 season, Oxford City are in the Vanarama South whilst St Albans and hemel Hempstead are both in the Vanarama North, i'm sure that both are south of Oxford

There's a gnat's whisker in it to be fair. And the decision making process isn't done excusively on how far north or south a team is.

As i understand it the release candidate was signed off by Sega as the ME version which would be in use when the game was fully released, thats why its called the release candidate.

Miles kindly let us have it early, if they are working on a new ME version something must have happened since to convince them its no longer upto scratch, which gets us back to having a couple of days to build & test a new ME........ unless they roll back to the beta which i can't see them doing.

I hope they don't gimp the ME/AI back to 16.03 level.

Sure, I understand. It can depend on a lot of things, players, tactical familiarity etc. If the overall goal per match ratio is spot on (which it is in my league), it tells you that everything is working as it should and any goals too much or too little for your team are probably tactical. It was really too easy to score on FM 15 (and the impact was seen on the goals per match average), while on FM 16 you really have to risk something if you want to score 3 goals per match

Overall, the goals/match in the league looks fine. I guess my point is that even notwithstanding my tactical set-up, I'm hard pushed to find an example of a team scoring and conceding less than a goal a game in recent times. Stoke managed 34 for, 45 against one year but I'm even more extreme than that!

On balance, I like the risk/reward relationship, and it's a lot truer to life than previous MEs (and I thought FM15 was pretty good). It's a minor thing, really, and mine is only one experience amongst thousands. In this particular situation though, it would appear my unintentional stymying of free-flowing football is a little too extreme.

"Release Candidate". Doesn't necessarily mean it's final. I'd be surprised if there's anything huge, and I don't think anyone's mentioned - unless I'm wrong - an ME update. I'd expect tomorrow for the release candidate + a few fixes to be released, if any changes at all.

Who knows anyway. Certainly no-one posting on here. They'll release what they're happy to release, and whatever they do someone will complain. Like the sun rising and setting, it's to be expected.

I'd expect tomorrow for the release candidate + a few fixes to be released, if any changes at all.

This is the likely option. There certainly won't be any rollback of the ME, and it's highly unlikely that any dramatic fixes will go in as it has been a matter of days since the Release Candidate was submitted.

I meant to go back and double check this, but keep forgetting. After the 16.1 update, I was randomly clicking around and noticed that one or two mid-level African national teams that had odd squads for their national team. I recall Mali being one of them but there were others. Nations that have a decent amount of European based talent that would normally make the up the core of the national side. But it didn't. They had players entirely based from those nations, who were of much less quality than the European-based players. I was using a Large database, with a lot of nations added as "include players from top division clubs".

Would someone on the 16.1 database with a large amount of players be able to look through some of the African nation teams and see if the issue is consistent? And I guess whether it is an issue at all - it might be intentional, if those nations aren't bringing back Europe-based players for qualifies or friendlies for financial reasons.

Miles just said there will be a new build for release.

The old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" springs to mind

Oh well fingers crossed

Or, on the other hand, "if it's not quite right and needs some fixes, which it does, let's fix it as soon as possible."

I meant to go back and double check this, but keep forgetting. After the 16.1 update, I was randomly clicking around and noticed that one or two mid-level African national teams that had odd squads for their national team. I recall Mali being one of them but there were others. Nations that have a decent amount of European based talent that would normally make the up the core of the national side. But it didn't. They had players entirely based from those nations, who were of much less quality than the European-based players. I was using a Large database, with a lot of nations added as "include players from top division clubs".

Would someone on the 16.1 database with a large amount of players be able to look through some of the African nation teams and see if the issue is consistent? And I guess whether it is an issue at all - it might be intentional, if those nations aren't bringing back Europe-based players for qualifies or friendlies for financial reasons.

I think there is a new African competition in this version where they can only field players based in Africa, so you may have just glanced at the squads when their next/last game was in this competition.

I think there is a new African competition in this version where they can only field players based in Africa, so you may have just glanced at the squads when their next/last game was in this competition.

That would make sense entirely.

Mods have already acknowledged in the bugs forum that they're aware of an issue with the ME and are working on it. Played one game today on FM16 and decided to wait until tomorrow before playing another one. The ME looked horrendous. I'd imagine that's one the reasons for a new build.

Mods have already acknowledged in the bugs forum that they're aware of an issue with the ME and are working on it. Played one game today on FM16 and decided to wait until tomorrow before playing another one. The ME looked horrendous. I'd imagine that's one the reasons for a new build.

A new ME can't just be banged out in a matter of days. As has already been stated, you should anticipate minimal changes in the "full" version.

I'd be interested to hear what issue in particular is bothering you Praha. Can your report it here please so that we can be sure it's something we're aware of: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Good that you played a sufficiently large sample of games before coming to your considered conclusion.

I'm not having too many issues with the full backs. In real football they do tuck in to a certain extent if the ball is on the other side of the pitch as the goal threat is in the middle, indeed they will (and should) leave their wide man unmarked to deal with (potential) problems in the middle. I guess it is to do with instructions, but mine aren't playing in any sort of "game breaking" manner - not perfect, but not a problem either.

Sorry for bumping, but please, tell me about saving tactics not saving individual instructions. Makes adjusting tactics with lots of individual instructions a nightmare.

Can you report this here please. I've just double-checked this and individual Player Instructions are saving for me: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Can you report this here please. I've just double-checked this and individual Player Instructions are saving for me: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Think I got it. When you save a tactic and select it from the list, it loads the individual instructions. But if you ´load´ a tactic file, it doesn't. Already posted i the ME Issues.

Backs keep giving good performance leading to getting man of the match awards on International or computer controlled teams.

Even my own backs get MoM's on International duty, but at least they play like crap for my own team.

Saw on Back MoM report that he got 10.0 score, managed 2 assist.

I can't start the game anymore. When I click the FM16 icon I get a window named "Logged to channel: warnings-and-errors" that says "Error: Football Manager 2016 is already running" (there's no FM already running, though). When I click "OK" nothing more happens. I have tried to reinstall the game, restart Steam, verify the game cache, and restart the computer to no avail. A search on these forums haven't provided me with any solution. Is there a known fix to this, or should I post in the bug section?

I can't start the game anymore. When I click the FM16 icon I get a window named "Logged to channel: warnings-and-errors" that says "Error: Football Manager 2016 is already running" (there's no FM already running, though). When I click "OK" nothing more happens. I have tried to reinstall the game, restart Steam, verify the game cache, and restart the computer to no avail. A search on these forums haven't provided me with any solution. Is there a known fix to this, or should I post in the bug section?

Seem to remember others having issue with this on previous editions, might be related to drivers? either update to the newest graphics driver or roll back the one the currently have and see if that helps.. if not, post in bugs section as you stated.

I believe that Steam can be a little temperamental when trying to launch a game from a shortcut.

Have you tried launching the game via the steam client rather than a desktop/taskbar shortcut?

"Minimum expectations" are weird in 16.1.0.

When I started in 16.0 for Manchester United, minimum expectations was to qualify for CL.

In 16.1 start, minimum expectations is to win the league.

Even though in-game bookmakers say United is tipped for the 3rd place.

Raising this issue again - it's pretty annoying, if not game breaking. Getting fired for 2nd place finish is no fun.

There are indeed more African based players in these teams than previously, however not too many for the good teams like Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana etc. (about 3 to 4).

I suppose this is an intended change from FM 15, where for the lesser African nations you alwas had e.g. German 3rd division backup players with a german/ugandese nationality being called up immediately for the African national team, which was quite unrealistic to be honest. I like it!

EDIT: Just reread your post and you were talking about entirely african squads, so nevermind

<Image Removed to not bloat the thread>

All defending players must be at least ten yards (9.15 metres) from the corner arc until the corner kick is taken.

Did wonder why defenders don't simply block the kicker, if it's allowed to stand like that, corners would be a thing of the past.

Someone though short corners was handled badly by defenders and a coder must have thought that was a good fix.

Worked a lot better in FM15, with failed short passes, tackles of the short corner receiver and stuff. Now every single short corner is the same over and over again and now you say it might be a rule violation to booth. ugh.

Why is Manchester United's minimum expectations to win the premier league? Prior to the patch it was qualify for the CL, which is what it should still be.

Also Martial is still rated 2 stars. According to Ryan Giggs Martial is United's 4th best striker, behind Rooney, Depay, and Wilson. Absolute nonsense.

Roll on midnight when I can use the editor

Archived