Football Manager 2016 16.1.0 Beta Feedback Thread

I dont mind being countered, its just the efficiency of ever counter attack. granted i dont watch on 90 minutes, but as a team dominating, ill get geniunely countered 8-10 times a game and normally for 6-8 clear cut chances. Its ruthless.

Tbh, that sounds like you're far too open. Mind posting your setup?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the scouting screen where you can set what u want to scout for... I put part english then that way i can get soem english players and some non english and when i hit expired it gives me players on clubs with expiring conttracts. how do i set it so that i only can free transfer players without clubs

There should be a 'unattached' contract option if you select that one it will only show people who don't have a club.

As SI has asked, if you can back it up with evidence, it will be looked at.

Counter attacking needs to be a viable option to play (also matching real life) so that small team don't always get battered, as also happens IRL.

I agree with you. But I am talking about way inferior teams thet manage to get consistent counter attacks against superior team. And their counter attacks are world class. I've been watching football all my life and I've never seen a team like Bologna that manages to produce 3 or 4 counter attacks that look like ManUtd when they had Rooney,Tevez and CR up top. That is a problem.

Tbh, that sounds like you're far too open. Mind posting your setup?

Control/Flex

Retain Poss, Shorter Passing, Play Out, Work Ball into Box, Exploit Middle, Push Higher Up, Close Down More, Tigher Marking

GK - GK(d) - DeGea

RB - WB(s) - Darmian

CDR - CD(d) - Smalling

CDL - CD(d) - Rojo

LB - WB(a) - Shaw

DM - DLP(s) - Schweinsteiger

CMR - CM(a) - Herrera

CML - CM(d) - Schneidlin

AMR - IF(a) - Martial

ARL - AP(s) - Mata

ST - F9(s) - Rooney

Just feel like my players are slow to recovery and react to counters. Most penetration comes from the wings where by full backs always seemed to tucked in and almost "double marking" the center forward. Did state in the tactics forums that on several occassions ive had opposition players pick the ball up and just dribble forward in wide positions without any pressure (my back 4 are in like a 5m space in the center)

That is a problem.

Which is an opinion though.

With evidence of your tactic and the PKM, there will be something concrete to look at. Until then, it's opinion. You may be open enough to allow these teams the space to counter. You may be right that it is OP. That's why SI asks for evidence.

Just feel like my players are slow to recovery and react to counters. Most penetration comes from the wings where by full backs always seemed to tucked in and almost "double marking" the center forward. Did state in the tactics forums that on several occassions ive had opposition players pick the ball up and just dribble forward in wide positions without any pressure (my back 4 are in like a 5m space in the center)

Your tactic could be more cautious. The roles and duties look balanced on the surface, but don't forget PPMs, especially those of your fullbacks.

The quoted text is interesting though. Any PKM evidence reports on these issues will be appreciated. :thup:

I was suffering from this (smaller teams hitting me on the counter and dropping too many points with draws), but simply changing from Push Higher Up to Normal defensive line, and it fixed it for me. Combine pushing high up with a heavy pressing game and you should, quite rightly, expect teams to get in behind you to devastating effect.

I agree with you. But I am talking about way inferior teams thet manage to get consistent counter attacks against superior team. And their counter attacks are world class. I've been watching football all my life and I've never seen a team like Bologna that manages to produce 3 or 4 counter attacks that look like ManUtd when they had Rooney,Tevez and CR up top. That is a problem.

Yeah thats it. i actually love that counter attack is a real viable option now in the game... its just the ruthless efficiency most teams seem to be able to do it at.. on my new save i had 74% possession against my U21s, managed 18 shots... got countered 4 times and lost 3-2! blokes linking together who're 17 years old like they're Reus, Gotze and Lewandowski. (i quickly reloaded that save, was too embarrassed! lol)

Your tactic could be more cautious. The roles and duties look balanced on the surface, but don't forget PPMs, especially those of your fullbacks.

The quoted text is interesting though. Any PKM evidence reports on these issues will be appreciated. :thup:

Yeah i know the tactic isn't perfect, its the beta, i wasn't looking for anything too impressive. just wanted to see how things played out. but as a big team, you expect a certain level of success with superior players even with a basic/balanced tactic that most long time FMers can piece together. Ive had success with this tactic, in terms of i actually won the league.. i just felt regardless of how i tweaked it, the counter attacks where ruthless.

Unfortunately not, i deleted things when the new update came out. ;/ I've seen a similar post in this discussion where someone points it out with a SS. I saw that scenario many times in my saves.

This is fairly typical home game for me.

Yes, i'm playing around with Man City and they're very strong but i'm seeing very little counter attacking threat from anyone, just 2 shots here both from the same corner.

If counter attacking was OP you think they're would be some evidence, lots of home games look similar.

What is evident was I was resorting to a fair few long shots, it was only 1-0 after 75 mins and I was getting nervous, they were defending very well.

There is very likely a tactical solution to the issues you're having, this match was played with a 'slightly deeper' defensive line and a holding midfielder in the DM spot, so we were set up to deal with counter attacks.

1gRS190.jpg

Well.. I've also the impression that the fullbacks are drifting too far inside.

Please upload even more examples :thup:

You are the only person in the whole of the public Beta to raise this so far, so either you are a lone voice or nobody else has seen it / been bothered to raise it. As ever, SI will focus attention on fixable issues where there is sufficient evidence to warrant attention.

"Minimum expectations" are weird in 16.1.0.

When I started in 16.0 for Manchester United, minimum expectations was to qualify for CL.

In 16.1 start, minimum expectations is to win the league.

Even though in-game bookmakers say United is tipped for the 3rd place.

How far off are we from getting a release that works for new MacBook Pros and doesn't overheat and damage our machines on matchdays?

My thread has been archived in the bugs forum and this hasn't been addressed in 16.1.0. Now I'm worried that I can't play the game as normal come release day and that's unacceptable considering SI and FM16 officially supports MBPs.

great job as always, lots of bugs seem to have been fixed :applause:

Didn't intend to start my long term save on the beta but with this build being so close to the full game would anyone not recommend starting a long term save at this point?

cheers

edit - I'm not too bothered about tiny bugs (ie slight UI problems) but things like the goalies sitting on the ball for 30 mins I would imagine are fixed by now?

This is fairly typical home game for me.

1gRS190.jpg

31 shots and fairly typical? Seems we are back to the problem with way too many shots then. I think their average is around 18 in real life. Saw a few more screenshots with the same problem. There are certainly matches against weaker opponents when 31 shots or more can happen. But if this is typical it just doesnt seem right. At all.

Control/Flex

Retain Poss, Shorter Passing, Play Out, Work Ball into Box, Exploit Middle, Push Higher Up, Close Down More, Tigher Marking

GK - GK(d) - DeGea

RB - WB(s) - Darmian

CDR - CD(d) - Smalling

CDL - CD(d) - Rojo

LB - WB(a) - Shaw

DM - DLP(s) - Schweinsteiger

CMR - CM(a) - Herrera

CML - CM(d) - Schneidlin

AMR - IF(a) - Martial

ARL - AP(s) - Mata

ST - F9(s) - Rooney

youre playimg centrally so your team, should it get caught in possession/intercepted has given the ball away in the middle, which results in the countering team being perfectly placed to tack advantage of you. One of you players, or maybe 2, could be out of position and a swift counter will take you apart. Plus you only have 3 defensive players. In Control, when attacking you S players will be joining the Attack. Youre vulnerable.

There are ways around it. Play more players on Support and Exploit the flanks are just 2 examples of a change that could make a difference.

If you play the ball a bit wider (exploiting the flanks) and the ball is lost it gives your centre more time to reorgansie and block off a Counter Attack. Disorganised centres lose matches.

9 months in with watford, trying to tie Ighalo down to a new contract but his work permit keeps getting rejected? this a bug or this right, would of thought if he didnt have the requirements for a work permit he wouldnt be here in the first place.

He may have got his original permit before the new tougher rules were brought in, Or he is now of an age where he is no longer considered to be an exceptional talent.

9 months in with watford, trying to tie Ighalo down to a new contract but his work permit keeps getting rejected? this a bug or this right, would of thought if he didnt have the requirements for a work permit he wouldnt be here in the first place.

Work permit qualifications have changed since Iggy joined Watford.

However I believe that he's got an Italian passport so is legally an EU citizen. I'll dig up proof and post it in the Watford data thread later today.

Proof, I have put this in the Data Issues forum, but if you can add details from your save game it may be useful:

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11270261.Ighalo_confirms_Hornets_interest/

Work permit qualifications have changed since Iggy joined Watford.

However I believe that he's got an Italian passport so is legally an EU citizen. I'll dig up proof and post it in the Watford data thread later today.

Proof, I have put this in the Data Issues forum, but if you can add details from your save game it may be useful:

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11270261.Ighalo_confirms_Hornets_interest/

will do, cheers. Worst part is hes not unhappy because he wants a new contract haha!

do you know the rules for a work permit, it says he hasn't played enough times for the international team, is the requirement something like 10 times? hes played 7 at the minute.

• SI Staff

However, the preferred foot is missing from Opposition Instruction in FM2016. Please refer below:

FC%20Barcelona%20v%20Athletic_%20Tactics%20Opposition_zpsy4km9pis.png

Is it done on purpose..? If it is, is it possible to bring it back..? :(

Thank you. :)

Click on a player shirt on the pitch from the left and individual stats and instructions will appear for that player. ;)

Defending seems a little better, but now all manner of shots are just rebounding off my goal keepers hands into the net!

There has been a lot of work on goalkeeping, but please do log examples in the bugs forum where you see inappropriate parries back into play or directly into goal:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

EDIT: Your current thread there omits the key things: examples :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441069-Shots-rebounding-off-GK

7 games on 16.1 and I've lost 5 of them. I'm getting trashed with wing play of the AI. I,ve tried everything. Full backs on defend, man marking wingers..defensive,counter,attacking you name it. Relegation bottom feeders are destroying me. Of course my team is unable to score the most easiest of chances. But attacks down left cross field ball to the right and then back to the left for a guy to smash a volley from an impossible angle was cherry on top of everything :rofl:

Away to Valencia next. Will try drop deeper instruction.

edit: draw 1-1. but i was trashed anyway.

It is long gone, lol. It was just a case of OIs actually. Anytime i used them the fullbacks would try and tight mark everywhere and always lose shape. No more OIs and drop the DL back down one tick to slightly higher seems to have closed the iceland sized gaps!

If you remove the editor files from your folder and start a new game do you get this prompt? Likewise if you start the game when it suggests it's '16.0.1', is it updated (ie is David Wagner manager at Huddersfield for example)?

Yes he is the manager of Huddersfield so i guess the database is updated. Thanks

It is long gone, lol. It was just a case of OIs actually. Anytime i used them the fullbacks would try and tight mark everywhere and always lose shape. No more OIs and drop the DL back down one tick to slightly higher seems to have closed the iceland sized gaps!

you mean the gaps where the backs sit too narrow leaving much too much space on the wings?

Happy with almost everything, wing backs are still outperforming everyone though, especially in formations where they are the only wide players (which is often the case in the Serie A). The worst wingback - rating-wise - that actually plays as a wing back most of the matches has a rating of 6.94... the best rating is 7.93. They end up with about 10 of 12 tackles per match, cross so much that they sooner or later end up with 3-5 key passes per match and they regularily get assists. That gets them excellent ratings every match. From the 10 best players in the league (average rating), 5 are wing backs that play alone on their side, 1 is an offensive wing back in a 2 players per side system. In the top 20, there is only one central midfield (that is DM, CM, AM) player.

Most of these ratings are from the first beta, though. However, regarding wing backs the matches I saw on the new beta version still had wing backs performing excellently.

• Administrators
is it possible to get rid/disable the regen profile pictures? i prefer the blank default look. what if i delete the face folder?

You can turn it off in the preferences - Preferences -> Interface -> untick show pictures of players (and staff) who have been generated by the game.

Hi guys my feedback on the me is mainly based around the defence.

Defenders don't seem to be on there toes they let defenders waltz by and the gk walk over a ball letting the opposition score. A lot of goals from crosses for the opposition again this comes down to the defenders just standing around and watching most of the time.

Hi guys my feedback on the me is mainly based around the defence.

Defenders don't seem to be on there toes they let defenders waltz by and the gk walk over a ball letting the opposition score. A lot of goals from crosses for the opposition again this comes down to the defenders just standing around and watching most of the time.

Please upload specific examples to the Bugs forum for SI to appraise:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

Wouldn't mind some input on this. Seems very off to me, the CD at the top of the image actually ran that way for a good 10 seconds before he got to that position. The defensive fullback bothers me also.

I'm playing standard mentality with no PI's. Happy for someone to tell me this is tactical, but it's about as out of the box as you can get.

1zgvxfr.png

Wouldn't mind some input on this. Seems very off to me, the CD at the top of the image actually ran that way for a good 10 seconds before he got to that position. The defensive fullback bothers me also.

I'm playing standard mentality with no PI's. Happy for someone to tell me this is tactical, but it's about as out of the box as you can get.

It's impossible to judge static images. What was the passage of play before? Why is the RB there?

If in doubt, upload the .pkm to the Bugs Forum and SI can look and give you their appraisal.

That doesn't look like anything more than a defender thinking he can get to a ball then realising he can't, am I missing something?

he would easily get the ball as he was closer, but seems like he just let the opponent to do his thing

It's impossible to judge static images. What was the passage of play before? Why is the RB there?

If in doubt, upload the .pkm to the Bugs Forum and SI can look and give you their appraisal.

Will do, same match, arguably this is even worse.

16209dy.png

Archived