Football Manager 2016 16.1.0 Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been posted but I am currently managing Arsenal and I am just about to face Chelsea in the Charity Shield and I look at the team lineups and notice Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and Eidur Gudjohnsen starting against me. I then look at Chelsea's transfer history and they haven't even signed these players.

Looks like they're rolling back the years :lol:

I've attached photo below

2dvqxpw.jpg

I love how optimised the new FM is compared to 15

Before (on FM15), my 'all leagues, all players' holiday sim took an hour per month

and the same setup on FM16 powers through them (not even 2 hours in and I've processed to November - even with browsing/other things)

really gives me hope for those longer saves to actually not require a supercomputer by the time it gets to 2020

• SI Staff
Not sure if this has been posted but I am currently managing Arsenal and I am just about to face Chelsea in the Charity Shield and I look at the team lineups and notice Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and Eidur Gudjohnsen starting against me. I then look at Chelsea's transfer history and they haven't even signed these players.

Looks like they're rolling back the years :lol:

I've attached photo below

2dvqxpw.jpg

Could you upload your save game that shows this issue? Especially if you have one before the match.

I imagine the players in question were part of a recent testimonial, but should have left the squad after that match.

Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044

Cheers,

Ben

Just played the my first game with the new update a 3-3draw, 1st vs 5th. Firstly I thought the ME played very well, didn't have some sort of issue with my tactics. On the downside all three of the goals I conceded were not great. The first was from a corner, poked in by an attacker,then cleared off the line straight into the back of the keepers legs, he dived over the ball into the net but in some way (I cannot quite see how) he did manage to stop the ball going in but all to no avail as it was poked in by an attacker anyway. 2nd goal was a pass back by a defender to the GK who then kicked it straight at the shins of an on rushing attacker and into the goal. The 3rd another back pass this time too short with the inevitable consequences. Obviously it's one game but I do hope GK errors are not going to be the blight that they were in FM15.

Will the game start dates be changes to make them earlier than they are now, earliest I can start in Scotland is 1/7/15, it's usually around 21st june.

I'm able to start 25 June.

Are you only loading the Scottish leagues? If 25 June isn't early enough, use another nation's starting date?

I feel there are too many goals directly after me or the ai score.

Literally i score and then they go down the other end from kick off and score.

Or they score against me and i go down the other end and score.

I know this does happen IRL but too often in the game i feel.

Also at the start of every game there is either a shot on target or a chance created immediately. Gets a bit tedious

I feel there are too many goals directly after me or the ai score.

Literally i score and then they go down the other end from kick off and score.

Or they score against me and i go down the other end and score.

I know this does happen IRL but too often in the game i feel.

Also at the start of every game there is either a shot on target or a chance created immediately. Gets a bit tedious

Thanks sulljda. If there's anything you deem to be a bug, please report it here with PKM evidence and we can look into it: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

I'm able to start 25 June.

Are you only loading the Scottish leagues? If 25 June isn't early enough, use another nation's starting date?

I have 22 leagues loaded, the start date has been like this since Beta was launched and I was told they would be changed for launch day but after the update which seems to be as near as damn it all systems go, the start date hasn't changed. Different leagues have different start dates, ATM I can chose between 5 start dates 1/7/15 up to end of August.

I have 22 leagues loaded, the start date has been like this since Beta was launched and I was told they would be changed for launch day but after the update which seems to be as near as damn it all systems go, the start date hasn't changed. Different leagues have different start dates, ATM I can chose between 5 start dates 1/7/15 up to end of August.

The bottom option is one for before the first Europa League matches start - 25/6/2015.

Hi Mates,

First match after update. Very happy with my tiki-taka. Thanks SI. Managed to muster 67% possession. Yippee. :cool:

FC%20Barcelona%20v%20Athletic_%20Analysis%20Post%20Match_zpsgau3al9f.png

However, felt strange with Bayern's game. They're playing with 11 men after Garcia's send-off but can only manage 58% possession.

Bayern%20v%20Bremen__zps3odadld2.png

Any explanation..? :rolleyes:

Next, with regards to Opposition Instruction. In FM2015, preferred foot of the opposition can be seen. Please refer below:

Maribor%20v%20Barcelona_%20Away%20Tactics%20Opposition_zpsap0swwat.png

However, the preferred foot is missing from Opposition Instruction in FM2016. Please refer below:

FC%20Barcelona%20v%20Athletic_%20Tactics%20Opposition_zpsy4km9pis.png

Is it done on purpose..? If it is, is it possible to bring it back..? :(

Thank you. :)

Has anyone else gone through the horrible fifteen-matches-without-a-win slump? Happened to me on every save so far. I know that "it's ur tactics lol" is the standard response, but there seems to be a lack of realism involved when going from playing well to being over-efficiently counter attacked and regularly losing two-goal leads late on. I'm finding my enjoyment I would normally get from playing the game is dissipating somewhat. I mean, perhaps it simply is my tactics or whatever, but I'd be interested to hear if this is happening to anyone else.

Got the same problem, I have tried clearing the Cache and everything. Seems as if we are both using the light skin if that is making a difference?
You may be on to something. Could you switch to the other skin to see if it fixes the issue? And if you switch back to the light skin, are the flags still missing?

http://s24.postimg.org/er7rhjov9/Olympique_Lyonnais.png

http://s24.postimg.org/gui6p7oo5/Olympique_Lyonnais_Profile.png

The same thing in both skins. Should I report this as a bug?

Regarding the weaker foot Opposition instruction, we have made some changes to how frequently this was being recommended. In cases where previously it was recommending to show a player inside and towards onto his weaker foot, but his weaker foot was still relatively strong, we have made this less likely.

Has anyone else gone through the horrible fifteen-matches-without-a-win slump? Happened to me on every save so far. I know that "it's ur tactics lol" is the standard response, but there seems to be a lack of realism involved when going from playing well to being over-efficiently counter attacked and regularly losing two-goal leads late on. I'm finding my enjoyment I would normally get from playing the game is dissipating somewhat. I mean, perhaps it simply is my tactics or whatever, but I'd be interested to hear if this is happening to anyone else.

Well I usually play with upper mid-table teams and I do have times where I won't win for 5 matches (not 15, though). And the reason is usually that I become lazy tactically spoken. I don't adjust as much to an opponent, even though he already adjusted to my tactical style. This leads to some losses which induce low morale which induces more losses. However, in most cases you can stop this trend with a tactical analysis and small but effective changes, no matter how low the morale. If you're a bottom team, though, and are lacking quality, such a development can be hard to overcome. But I think this is quite realistic.

15 would be rare in my view, I think from a PL perspective the record is 16...

I have experienced massive downturns in form, but I put it down to my one dimensional thinking, getting 1 thing to work and then not really knowing what to do to change it up when needed.

I'm going to try and use the prozone this year, as it's in FMT now, and see if this can help me understand better what to do.

I do feel that counter attacks are overpowered. Small teams are able to produce lightning fast counters that are super efficient.

Well I usually play with upper mid-table teams and I do have times where I won't win for 5 matches (not 15, though). And the reason is usually that I become lazy tactically spoken. I don't adjust as much to an opponent, even though he already adjusted to my tactical style. This leads to some losses which induce low morale which induces more losses. However, in most cases you can stop this trend with a tactical analysis and small but effective changes, no matter how low the morale. If you're a bottom team, though, and are lacking quality, such a development can be hard to overcome. But I think this is quite realistic.

I see what you mean about tactical complacency - I usually like this challenge, but for example I clawed back a two-goal deficit with a minute to go, and I'm aware that the game has a tendency for the opponents to score immediately after I do. Naturally I very quickly amend my tactics to contain and play out the final minute, but the opponents scored as I was "waiting tactical changes". This has happened too often. The AI seems to change tactic in-game very quickly and with immediate results; us players have to wait for the game to process this change, during which time the AI has adapted in a split second and scored.

I'm not complaining about the difficulty, I like it to be challenging, but it also needs to be realistic. I was sacked for the first time on FM on FM15, and I perversely enjoyed this sacking for its higher level of challenge and realism; I also acknowledged that the AI never ripped us off, it just *felt that way* when I'd become complacent. This time round it really, *really* feels as if the AI actually is having one over on me at times, which detracts from its realism level, and thus my enjoyment. A better-looking match engine is great, and I really like the slick UI, but too frequently I feel ripped off.

Perhaps it's just me.

I see what you mean about tactical complacency - I usually like this challenge, but for example I clawed back a two-goal deficit with a minute to go, and I'm aware that the game has a tendency for the opponents to score immediately after I do. Naturally I very quickly amend my tactics to contain and play out the final minute, but the opponents scored as I was "waiting tactical changes". This has happened too often. The AI seems to change tactic in-game very quickly and with immediate results; us players have to wait for the game to process this change, during which time the AI has adapted in a split second and scored.

I'm not complaining about the difficulty, I like it to be challenging, but it also needs to be realistic. I was sacked for the first time on FM on FM15, and I perversely enjoyed this sacking for its higher level of challenge and realism; I also acknowledged that the AI never ripped us off, it just *felt that way* when I'd become complacent. This time round it really, *really* feels as if the AI actually is having one over on me at times, which detracts from its realism level, and thus my enjoyment. A better-looking match engine is great, and I really like the slick UI, but too frequently I feel ripped off.

Perhaps it's just me.

If you changed your tactics right when you scored (that is while the goalscorer is still celebrating) the changes should be adopted before the play resumes. I'm pretty sure this works the same way for the AI. Maybe you don't pause the game after you've scored so you're too "late" before you've finished the tactical changes.

However, I also use to go to contain in these situations and I usually go under pressure immediately. But I think thats WAD, because "contain" means all your players will park the bus in front of the goal, which leaves acres of space for the opposition to get a shot on the goal. So I think in some cases it is better to keep the opposition away from your goal and only use "counterattack" or "defensive" even if you leave more space in front of your goal by doing this. Depends on the situation and the opposition players.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the game has a tendency for the opponents to score immediately after I do". It is surely not scripted. Explanations could be 1) a tactical change (they go to offensive mentalties) that creates problems in your formation that haven't been there before, just because your opponent played with another mentality or 2) your team gets complacent and the opponent is a very determined team that gets going in these situations (though this would be strange in a situation where the score is only 2-2).

I understand that if these situations happen a lot it's frustrating and it smells like some sort of unfair mechanism. But there are hundreds of explanations for this, your team's personality, your tactical familarity, your squad gelling, the morale in general, concentration leaks of specific players etc. It does happen in real life and if you think about it, it happens mostly to the same teams, that are just lacking some of the aforementioned things.

In any case, you can upload the PKM and post in the bug forum, so SI can take a look under the hood and maybe give you an explanation of what changed after your goal. Maybe it IS a bug after all

Most teams coming to the Etihad are setting up like West Brom, i.e 5-4-1, 4 -5-1 with no attacking ambition.

Not easy to break them down, pretty realistic and a good challenge.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on whether counter play is overpowered. You always have a good handle on the ME and those matches are precisely the ones where the AI should be looking to counter you.

There will have been some changes made, you'd have to check the game itself to find out which ones.

I have see a lot of difference in the 3d engine.

Now chance to attack are less. Before, in the 16.02, often i have end the match with 40 shot, 20 on target. Too much!! Now are more realistic.

Before the defenders could defend and press for the strikers, and be rarely taken off-guard. Now aggressive tactics lead to be dangerous opponents counterattack.

The game I think it's become a little more difficult. It is more difficult to dominate the matches

It's good for me

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on whether counter play is overpowered. You always have a good handle on the ME and those matches are precisely the ones where the AI should be looking to counter you.

Not seen any evidence of over powered counter attacks so far, typically restricting our opponents to 3 or 4 shots a game at home, most of them long shots. That's against teams coming to defend.

1st goal is key, if you score early the defensive teams open up a bit and you can get at them, if not you can be scratching you head at 0-0 after 70 minutes against a team you should easily beat. Again, pretty realistic.

Liverpool came to play football, was a bit more open game, funnily enough its against the better teams I've dished out some hammerings at home for this very reason.

Counter attacking, by definition can be deadly, use it myself for tough away games and for a lot of matches on my Bournemouth save, but I wouldn't say its OP.

When pressing 'continue' and the calendar starts scrolling I often alt+tab switch to do other stuff on computer and now after update when I switch back the calendar part is still frozen on top and lower screen is blurred but I can press buttons from there and screens change but top calendar stays on screen and rest of the screen in blurred. I can continue playing thou using shortcut shift+r as it reloads the skin

Is there going to be any changes to the ME on release day? Just wondering if I should start my career game now. Since there was thousands of changes made between updates of the beta. am not sure.

Highly unlikely given that the ME in the Beta can only be a day or two old. SI can't reasonably develop, test and release a new build in a handful of days.

Finding it really difficult to play since the update. Teams have been having a lot of luck on the counter attack. Playing through my high pressure with ease and it seems wingers/crossing are over powered. More goals than usual coming from them

The game is harder than the beta for sure. But more realistic I think. You have to work hard for your wins.

Finding it really difficult to play since the update. Teams have been having a lot of luck on the counter attack. Playing through my high pressure with ease and it seems wingers/crossing are over powered. More goals than usual coming from them

Are you playing with a back 4 and if so, do you play with a DM, I've not had any problems with a high line and always have either a CM(d) or a DM in place to give me cover.

Hello Robert, any bugs you'd like to report, please do so here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

It's no coincidence that counter attacking has been mentioned on this feedback thread a few times now, it's something we worked on. We're content that it's nicely balanced now (and of course, the risk of a high press tactic is to be hit on the counter), but if you have evidence to the contrary we'd love to hear it. :)

Hello Robert, any bugs you'd like to report, please do so here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

It's no coincidence that counter attacking has been mentioned on this feedback thread a few times now, it's something we worked on. We're content that it's nicely balanced now (and of course, the risk of a high press tactic is to be hit on the counter), but if you have evidence to the contrary we'd love to hear it. :)

Certainly noticed the improves/power of counter attacks. Feel like every team im playing against is Dortmund under Kloop.. there transition speed is absolutely ruthless and oh so accurate.

Pretty happy with most stuff since the update.

One thing i am noticing though is my regens changed hair styles and slight facial features since the update.

One player in particular keeps going from crazy ginger mohawk to normal blonde-ish hair.

At least the mohawk guy looks the same, the first one's face changed as well as his hair.

Before:

Cgz02uM.png1I5umwa.png

After:

TjoJATV.pngcTabkRA.png

I've almost completed my first season and not seen one free-kick for or against me hit the target. All hit the wall or fly wide.

Goals from direct free kicks seem to be extremely on the low side (like in FM 15 at the beginning). I had only 3 leaguewide in 2/3 of a season.

I've found a statistic for the premier league that says that teams are averaging 1,5 goals from direct free kicks per season: "Goal attempts from direct free kicks are relatively rare beasts. The permanent members of the EPL since 2008-09 have averaged just under 20 such events per season and those teams average just over a goal and a half a season from direct free kicks." (http://thepowerofgoals.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/direct-free-kicks-always-take-your-best.html). So there should be about 30 in a season.

However if this gets an increase the general goal ratio needs a bit of a tone down, otherwise the goals per match will increase about 0.7 (which I don't like as it seems spot on so far).

I will post this in the bug forum to be sure it gets acknowledged.

Good...then i've see well :D

Exactly, previously (fm14,fm15, fm16 beta) there was no downside to the high press as no one really played balls over the top into the space to exploit the weakness in the this approach.

Looks like you fixed this and its catching people out.

For the first time in a while i'm looking at playing with a deeper defensive line....... not saying i'll like it mind :brock:

Exactly, previously (fm14,fm15, fm16 beta) there was no downside to the high press as no one really played balls over the top into the space to exploit the weakness in the this approach.

Looks like you fixed this and its catching people out.

For the first time in a while i'm looking at playing with a deeper defensive line....... not saying i'll like it mind :brock:

I concur

The game is harder than the beta for sure. But more realistic I think. You have to work hard for your wins.

It's hard because counter attacking systems are overpowered. I don't care what anyone says, playing high press tactics gets killed by counter attacking. And I'm not talking about Barcelona vs Dortmund matches. But Barcelona vs Elche and Elche is getting their counters spot on with extreme speed and efficiency.

It's hard because counter attacking systems are overpowered. I don't care what anyone says, playing high press tactics gets killed by counter attacking.

As SI has asked, if you can back it up with evidence, it will be looked at.

Counter attacking needs to be a viable option to play (also matching real life) so that small team don't always get battered, as also happens IRL.

It's hard because counter attacking systems are overpowered. I don't care what anyone says, playing high press tactics gets killed by counter attacking.

I dont mind being countered, its just the efficiency of ever counter attack. granted i dont watch on 90 minutes, but as a team dominating, ill get geniunely countered 8-10 times a game and normally for 6-8 clear cut chances. Its ruthless.

Archived